Sizes, bickering and a secret

How to Tame Your Writer

Jonghyun placed Kibum on his desk, watching as the tiny boy sat down, staring at him with those slanted, brown eyes of his.

"So, why are you here again?" The teenager asked finally."Because you must have been shipped here for a reason, or not?"

"Surely, there is a reason behind my stay here. But I'm afraid that your microscopic human brain won't understand it, so I find it useless to tell you. And oh, I would love to take a bath now. Believe it or not, being cramped into that tiny box had worn me out. I'm never traveling like this."

"We only have one bathroom," Jonghyun lied, the perfect plan to get rid of the small thing quickly forming in his mind."You know, my family isn't very wealthy, so we only have one of everything: one room, a small living room, a kitchen, and one bathroom. No privacy, but at least we make do here."

Kibum rolled his eyes, a small smirk tugging at the corner of his cherry-colored lips."I'm afraid you have forgotten the fact that we had passed at least four doors here on our way. Plus, the door for your bathroom is open." He said, voice mockingly sweet as she pointed at the said door that revealed a quite messy restroom with clothes on the floor everywhere."I almost believed you though, you should be an actor!" 

"Really?" Jonghyun asked, a nearly hopeful glint appearing in his eyes. Had this happened days ago, he would have just scoffed, keeping an indifferent facade up - because even if he could have pretended not to care, he would have liked to listen to Kibum's compliment - but now, his guitar was broken, like his life.

He needed a job, and he needed it fast. His daydream about becoming an actor was shattered ever so suddenly though by a snort that came from the tiny boy on the dek.

"No, oh god, did you really believe me? You were stuttering like a fool! And your voice, it's simply ordinary." Kibum was cackling in an almost eerie manner, petit palms hitting the desk with each sound that slipped out his pretty lips. He even wiped away a crystal-clear tear that threatened to slide down his flushed cheeks."I'm so sorry for popping your bubble, sweetheart, but even with your looks, you could only film something where you barely have to talk. I'm not quite sure if you would be able to memorize the script, otherwise. The good thing about that job is that it does pay good. However, I'm not quite sure if you would make it through the audition. Directors aren't very picky but..." 

 He looked at Jonghyun's crotch pointedly, tiny pink tongue darting out to wet his lips. For a moment, he almost looked like he liked what he saw. But the next, he broke into a laughing fit, small arms wrapping around his flat stomach."I would ask you to take down your clothes but I'm afraid that even through them, I can see that you wouldn't be accepted. Sorry darling, you're just not meant to be on screen!"

Jonghyun could feel the tip of his ears flushing an angry red as he glared at Kibum, eyes darting to the small lamp that sat on his desk. He wondered if the small not-quite-human would have liked his skin being burnt by the light-bulb. He reached out to turn it on, a sadistic grin forming on his lips.

Kibum's next words stopped him from doing he might have regretted later on.

"I hope you do know that I am here for a reason. And that reason is to help you. So actor-material or not, you will get the guitar you long for so much."

"Wait, how do you know that I need one?" The teenager blurted out, bewilderment clear in his tone."Are you like some kind of stalker, midget? Because of your size, I can actually imagine you hiding in the bushes." He shuddered and let out an exaggerated yelp, eyes boring right into Kibum's boredom filled orbs.

"Do you honestly think that I would go after someone like you if I had the chance not to? Look, Jonghoon, Jonghoe or whatever your name is..." 

"It's Jonghyun." Said male interrupted with a scoff."At least learn my name if you want to live here, parasite."

"Midget, parasite. You have such a broad vocabulary of nicknames. I bet that you would make an amazing poet." This time, Jonghyun could clearly hear the sarcasm dripping from the smaller boy's voice."Look, Jonghoe, want it or not, I have been sent here to help you through this. You may wonder why, but you will never know the answer. Only I do. And as much as I wish that I could go back home now, I cannot. So I advise you to cater to all of my needs and then you might as well get that wicked piece of wood you want so much. It was your brother who broke it, right? Taemin, am I correct?"

Jonghyun just glared at Kibum, eyes darkening from fury. He wasn't used to being treated like the dirt on one's shoe, and Kibum was doing just that at the very moment. He was talking as if he was addressing a child; like he thought that the teenager only understood him like that. 

"Yes, his name is Taemin." He answered finally with a deep sigh, not quite knowing how a ruler-sized boy would be able to help him get money for his guitar.

"Poor thing, he must have been so scared when you freaked out on him. Children should never be blamed for things like this, especially if they don't even know what they are doing. Look, I have a deal: if you apologize to your brother, I might tell you how we are going to collect your money." Kibum was speaking seriously now, his voice completely different from before as he leant ahead."And oh, please don't tell anyone about me staying here. It's sort of a secret."