Chapter Five

The Dark Galaxy

S U H O  P O V

After EXO-K's successful comeback at M! Countdown this evening, all of us immediately go back to our dorms. It's tiring for sure, but I already get used to this busy life. For our dinner that night, I let the members choose the food that they want to eat and I will pay for them once the food is delivered here. Kyungsoo and Chanyeol didn't even have the strength to cook for tonight, so I let them choose the food that they want to eat.

I sat on the lounge chair in my room which I shared with Sehun. I was thinking deeply on what abeoji has said this morning.

"Why Kris hyung didn't request for a hiatus instead of sending in his lawsuit?"

"When will he leave and sending in his lawsuit?"

"Why does the Youngmin sunbaenim didn't want to postpone the solo concert. Concerning about Kris hyung's heart condition, it doesn't sound good to me."

"Why Kris hyung didn't let me know about this? Why didn't he tell to all of us EXO members?"

"What's the plan that hyung is thinking at this moment? Is he really going to sue SM?"

"What if he had to leave EXO and SM? Aniya...he promised me he won't leave me alone and also leaving EXO."

"But what if he really wants to leave EXO and SM? I won't let him leave us all by himself. We are one, and if anybody leaves, I will going to get the whole group leave together as one team."

"What if the case is just like JYJ and SJ's Hankyung sunbaenim? What should I do then?"

"What if-"

"HYUNG! Black bean noodle and two boxes of spiced chicken is here." Sehun came into the room which surprised me from my thoughts.

"Ah yes?" I said as I snapped back to reality. "Okay, I'm going out now. Have you paid them?"

"Aniyo...I thought you're going to pay for our food." Sehun smirked at me as I approached closer to him. I could only raised my eyebrows and smiled a little to him

"Aigoo...it's because I'm rich isn't it? Or is it because I'm being this nice for tonight?" I said jokingly.

"Yah, hyung! Are you crazy? Why are you like this? I thought you said you're paying. Come on out, that ahjusshi is waiting for the payment." Sehun raised a bit of his temper. I could only chuckled to myself at that moment.

"Arasso. I'm paying okay? Make sure you eat very well tonight, okay?" I said sarcastically.

"Gomawo hyung!" Sehun hugged me from behind doing his aegyo.

"Sehun-ah...let me go. That ahjusshi is waiting for the payment." I pushed away gently his hands off me and walk passed by him.

"I wonder if we really are 'We are One' though"

 

 

At the dinning table, I watched all my dongsaengs eating so well together. They are sharing their laughs and joy about our first comeback. Baekhyun and Chanyeol couldn't stop bragging about what they did during their rehearsels.

I only kept quiet at that time and obediently eating my black bean noodle. Chanyeol realised that I wasn't talking to them.

"Here." Chanyeol gave me a piece of chicken into my bowl. I looked up on him and stared for a moment.

"You don't even laugh and smile to our jokes just now. Are you okay hyung? This doesn't seem like you at all." Chanyeol asked as he shoved in one mouthful noodles into his mouth.

"Suho hyung, are you okay? Are you feeling sick or something?" Baekhyun asked as he ate his piece of chicken.

I grinned as I continued eating. "Ani. It's just that, I miss EXO-M and I wish I could see them soon."

"Yah...is that it? It doesn't seem like it though. I thought you can endure it very well unless if it's Tao hyung then it's possible." Kai said as he observed my expression.

"Yah...don't talk about it anymore. Eat your meals." I seriously said to all of them.

"Arasso hyung..." Chanyeol said happily. I always wondered why Chanyeol always happy at most times. Although I feel irritated, but I like it somehow. At least, he doesn't give the group feel stress.

Sehun and Kyungsoo seemed to caught off something with my expression and mood. I know that they have been staring at me eating, but I don't want them to dig into my thoughts now.

After I finished my meal, I go straight off to my room without saying any word to the members. I'm probably sure that all of them noticed my rude actions, but I don't care. What matters most now is how exactly am I going to handle EXO from now on once Kris hyung really leaves us behind.

I sat back to my lounge chair as I took out my phone. I opened up my contacts list and stared at my phone for awhile.

"My Kris hyung..."

 

 

K R I S  P O V

I was sitting on my bed reading some files that manager hyung had given to me. I have secretly been reading JYJ's lawsuit case and now I'm reading Han Geng's lawsuit case. I'm forcing myself to fill in the lawsuit againt SM's CEO Kim Youngmin sunbaenim, not initially planned on leaving EXO and SM. I'm doing this for my own health sake. I can't suffer so much pain anymore and I have been warned by the doctors to frequently visit the hospital for more check-ups. They had strongly suggested me that it's time for me to step up on myself and fight for my rights.

At that moment I heard some noises from the bathroom. All of us EXO-M are staying at a hotel now in Beijing. I hid all the files that I was reading under my pillow and quickly lied myself on the bed.

"Oh~ yeah...cause you're my destiny~" Chen walked out from the bathroom as he wiped his face with his towel.

"Chen-sshi...you're going to sleep now?" I asked him smiling.

"Aniyo." he smiled as he tossed his towel away to his bed. He came to my bed and sat next to me.

"So suddenly..." I was surprised to see him sitting next to me. "Is there anything wrong?"

"Hyung, don't you think my singing is a bit loose just now?" he asked and then he cleared his throat.

I shook my head. "Ani...your voice seems fine to me. Why don't you drink some warm water then?"

"Really? I'm just worried if I don't sing really well." he said. "Well, since hyung said that my voice is fine, so I should not worry anymore."

Chen threw himself on his bed and started to play with his phone. I smirked to myself as I also took out my phone. When I wanted to open Instagram application, I got an incoming call.

"Joonmyeon?" I thought to myself.

 

 

"Yobeoseyo?" I said as I slide the doors behind me. I sat down on a chair staring at the citylights.

"Kris hyung...I need to ask something..." Joonmyeon words seemed to give me this uneasy feel.

"I'm listening."

"Is it true that you will be submitting your lawsuit against Kim Youngmin sunbaenim?"

At that moment, I was shocked by his own words. I took a quick glance to see what Chen is doing at this moment. He was still busy with his own phone, not sleeping just yet.

"Ne. I am about to do it. But, how did you know?" I said calmly.

"Abeoji told me indirectly. He had met with Youngmin sunbae, and he purposely let me know earlier since I'm the leader of EXO besides you." He paused for a moment. "Are you really crazy, hyung?! Do you really care about us?! 'We are ONE' remember?"

Joonmyeon's words hurted me at that instant. I was getting a grip on myself, not to cry. I know I had my reasons of doing this.

"Ne. We are always one even if it's not physically together, but our hearts are. Mianhae, Joonmyeon-ah. But, I need to step down right at this instant." I was giving an excuse. I didn't want him to know what's my real intention of filling in the lawsuit.

"You're lying. I knew why would you do this to me." Joonmyeon took in his breath and continued "You don't want me to be hurt the most isn't it? I know you don't want to hurt all members of EXO but you don't want me to suffer more since I'm a leader..."

I kept quiet for awhile before I continued. "Aniyo. I knew what's right for me to do. I always love EXO and my intentions of this lawsuit is not to harm EXO because of me. EXO will always stay strong together. After it rains, the ground hardens itself."

"Are you saying that 11 members should go together, without you? Our first dream concert is coming soon, our fans are waiting for us...but why you wanted to leave?" Joonmyeon said as he was trying to hold in his emotions. I can sense that much of feelings that he experienced.

"I never said that I wanted to leave EXO. I will always be an EXO member even if I'm not physically there with all of you guys..."

"Hyung, please..." Joonmyeon already burst himself into tears. "You're suffering a severe health condition isn't it? Which made you need to fill in the lawsuit in order to stand up for yourself and protect EXO. You're doing this because you don't want to disappoint me, EXO and to our fans especially. You're fighting this on your own between the company without involving EXO together. This is the truth, isn't it?!"

Tears started to roll down to my cheeks as I try to control my own heart. I was deeply hurt, abusing my own self to deny the truth to all of EXO members. I don't want them to suffer because of me, but I rather take that pain instead of them suffering.

"A-aniyo...don't ask me further more questions about this. Please keep your mouth shut from the members. Goodnight Joonmyeon-ah..."

"Please Kris hyung, wait!! We can sort things out together, as EXO! Please don't let yourself suffering...I beg you..." Joonmyeon pleads for me to listen. But my decision has been made, and it's the best decision between me and EXO.

"Aniya...don't do this for me. Mianhae, and goodbye Joonmyeon-ah.."

I immediately shut the call. I know I'll probably see him again the next few days since we have a showcase later at Shanghai, but I hope we won't talk about this issue to the rest of EXO members.

"Mianhae Joonmyeon-ah...I won't see you guys again for a very long time..."

 

 

Author's Note: Here's an update. This month will be a busy month for me, but if I have some time, I'll try my best to update again.