Sleepless nights

Ricmin One-Shots

So cliche. I know ;)

I just wanted to write something fluff...

Hope you enjoy it :)

feel free to comment. I will be encouraged to write more when I read your opinions about my fictions.

 

Another sleepless night of composing music was enough for Minwoo to make his eyes red and swollen. His headache got worse and made him want to leave everything and just go back home and relax. But it was for Shinhwa’s sake. There wasn’t much time left to their comeback. Therefore, Minwoo could feel a huge burden on his shoulders. He suddenly stood up from the now very uncomfortable chair behind the keyboard and marched to the old couch of the composing room and just collapsed on the welcoming softness of it.

“Let’s rest for a while, Eric-ah” he said to the other CEO of Shinhwa company who was working just as hard on the song. ‘How come Eric didn’t seem as tired as him?’ Minwoo wondered.

“I will work on it. You just take a rest” Eric told him.

Minwoo was expecting this answer. Eric, the stubborn guy he is, doesn’t rest before finishing the task in his hands. He has been always like that. He never seems to be mentally and physically exhausted of these sleepless composing nights. But Minwoo really wants to knock his own head to the wall right now. He has already named the new song “The Song of Death”.

Minwoo closed his eyes and imagined himself in his hometown. A beautiful place surrounded by mountains and forests. How he ended up spending so many nights of his life in this dark and small room rather than sleeping in that peaceful village enjoying its fresh breeze?

His body got relaxed, but he felt a bit cold. There wasn’t a blanket in the studio, so he insisted to fall sleep and tried to ignore the chilly weather. Desperately wanting to sleep, he kept his eyes shut for a long time.

 After an hour or two, the sound of the music making stopped. He wondered why Eric stopped, although he felt thankful about that. So, he didn’t bother to open his eyes to see what happened. After a few seconds he felt hands pushed him further on the couch and a figure tried to find space on the small noisy couch in order to lie down. Minwoo kept his sore eyes shut and felt to be hugged by that figure. “Ah, it is so small” the figure murmured under his breath and confirmed himself as Eric. After a few minutes, they were both lying on the couch hugging each other. Their legs were intertwined together, Minwoo’s face was buried deep into Eric’s broad chest and his right arm hanged loosely on his waist, while Eric’s left hand was behind Minwoo’s neck like it was trying to pull him closer if possible.

Eric started to snore softly in his sleep, while Minwoo was still wide awake but not cold anymore. He started to feel like he wanted to make music again. He wouldn’t name this song “Song of Death” anymore. It had to be “Song of Love” instead.