A Series Of Unfortunate Incidents

Catch Me
A Series of Unfortunate Incidents

The sun shone brightly that morning, with the wind occasionally blowing every now and then to reduce the effect of the heat coming from the sun. The birds chirped and the steady, familiar buzz of students talking here and there filled the cafeteria. All in all, it was a beautiful noon, beautiful indee-

"Ka wi ba wi bo!" a couple of voices rang out in the table in corner of the school canteen, which was currently occupied by four teenagers.

"Aish, yah, that's cheating!" Krystal whined as she slapped Sulli's hand.

"Yah, we're playing it too fast that's why I accidentally formed this," the taller girl pouted as she held up her index finger.

"Lightning destroys paper. You're down, Soo Jung!" Luna smirked and Krystal frowned.

"Andwae, that's cheating, we're playing rock, paper, scissors, not rock, paper, scissors, lightning," she exclaimed.

"Besides, this isn't lightning, this is a finger gun!" Sulli countered, holding her hand up higher as if to emphasize her point.

"Your thumb's not raised, therefore it isn't a finger gun. You're argument's invalid, Ssul," Krystal smirked and Sulli brought her hand to her forehead.

"Don't start with me, Ddungie, I'm not up for a logical argument right now. I'm up for . . ." her voice drifted off, before hastily bringing down her hand to Krystal's, "ka wi ba wi bo!"

The action startled the younger girl and resulted to her stretching out her already outstretched palm. For a second there was silence as all of them looked down at the two youngest girls' hands. Then the eldest among the three laughed.

"It's official, Sulli wins!" Luna exclaimed as she held up Sulli's free hand triumphantly, the latter smiling just as widely as both she and her unnie did some sort of crazy victory dance in their seat.

The maknae, on the other hand, stared at her outstretched palm and then at Sulli's closed fist that has her index and middle finger out.

"Ah jinja!" she pouted, crossing her arms across her chest as she watched the two older girls celebrate.

"Are you done, now?" she deadpanned once the two stopped dancing.

"Ne!" Luna brightly answered.

"Aww, Soo Junggie, don't worry, you did well," Sulli smiled, pulling at her best friend's cheeks then paused and smiled mischievously before continuing, "I just did better."

"Bwuyah, Jinri!" the latter exclaimed, before laughing as well, "arasseo, arasseo! I'll get revenge next time. Now where's the dosirak?"

At that, Luna leaned down to her bag and got the said object out. "Here, Soo Junggie."

It is currently lunch time in Seoul Academy for Arts and Music and the three ladies are eating in the canteen. Their newfound androgynous friend, Amber, is currently finalizing the documents for her stay in the dormitory while Victoria is in the Student Council office, meeting up with the other members to plan for an event. Since the eldest of the five can't come down for lunch, the remaining four decided to buy her lunch instead. The only problem is to choose who among the four would bring it to her, and with Amber currently fixing something, it goes down to the remaining three . . . and to the maknae of the group.

"Tell Vic-umma not to stress herself out too much," Luna said.

"Tell her she's gonna be an ajumma soon with all that stress bearing down on her," Sulli added and Krystal snickered.

"You guys sound like as if she's a hundred miles away," she said as she stood up, smoothing down her uniform and taking the dosirak from Luna's hands, "but yeah, will do. Look after my bag while I get her this, will you?"

"Ne," Luna and Sulli both answered in chorus.

"I swear, if you try something funny . . ."  Krystal drifted off, narrowing her eyes at them.

"Bwuyah, we wouldn't, Krystal, promise!" Luna smiled brightly, holding up her right hand. Sulli nodded in agreement, though the sparkle in her eyes suggested otherwise.

"Remember, I know where your secret stash of chocolates are. . ." Krystal uttered once more and that sobered the two sitting girls up. She laughed and Sulli pushed her playfully.

"Yah, get that to unnie now, ppali!" she said, making shooing motions with her hands.

"Arasseo, see you in a bit!" Krystal replied, sticking her tongue out at her best friend as she waved to Luna. Then she walked off out of the canteen and towards the main building of the campus, where the student council office is located.

The second Ice Princess walked down the three steps out of the canteen and into the sunlight. She held a hand up above her eyes to shield it from the sun and squinted as she walked. Indeed, it really is a fine morning. She sighed blissfully as the wind blew, caressing her pretty face and blowing chocolate brown strands into it before the tresses settled back down. She spotted a couple of second years coming from the direction she's going and she internally sighed.

Here we go again.

"Good morning, Krystal-sshi," One of the guys greeted her and she bowed slightly, her blank face remaining the same.

"She's really pretty," She heard the guy who greeted her whisper as she passed by them.

"But she looks y, too, Hoon Young," the other guy whispered back and her eyebrows furrowed a little. It has been known throughout the school, and ever since middle school that although Jung Soo Jung is very beautiful, she is an Ice Princess . . . well, second Ice Princess at that. Her older sister, Jung Soo Yeon, also known by her American name, Jessica, is also one. Both sisters possess the same blank and cold "y face", as the guy had called it, which sent everyone out of their way.

Well, at least it's actually legitimate for unnie and the reason is true, Krystal taught as she walked near the open basketball court.

Jessica is quite snarky and cold at the first meeting, but once you actually got to befriend her . . . you'll see that she's very warm and caring. Krystal on the other hand . . .

I'm actually kind but why am I so introverted?, she internally screamed, but at least, the bullies would stay away because of this demeanor. At least, they'll know better than to pursue me or mess with me or just plain do anything that involves my participation and Jung Soo Jung a.k.a Krystal, in general -

"LOOK OUT!"

Someone yelled and she turned her head, squinting at the sunlight brightly illuminating the outdoors then shrieked as something hard smacked her in the face.

"OUCH!" She cried out as she fell down, the dosirak flying out from her grasp.

She heard shouting and the sound of footsteps and a second later, she felt a pair of hands help her sit up.

"I'm so sorry!" the person - a male, she processed absently - said, repeatedly apologizing as he helped her up from the ground.

"Are you alright?" he asked. Krystal counted to three in her head for a moment, calming herself down before answering.

"No, I'm not," she muttered through gritted teeth, opening her eyes as she massaged her back and arms.

"I'm really sorry. I warned you but it seems like you haven't heard me . . ." the male's voice drifted away and as Krystal sat up, she looked at the direction of the person, wondering why he had stopped talking.

But as her eyesight became clearer and less blurry, she understood why.

"Minho?" she exclaimed, her eyes widening.

"Annyeong, Soo Jung," Minho greeted slowly, holding up his hand awkwardly as a small smile went up his face.

Fudge it, Krystal thought, he hadn't called me that since . . . .

They remained frozen for a while, just staring at each other until someone shouted.

"Minho-hyung, where's the ball?"

Krystal turned to look at the source of the voice and she saw Jongin blink at her.

"Oh , it's Krystal," she heard him say and she rolled her eyes.

"Yah, heads up!" Minho yelled as he chucked him the ball. The younger boy caught it and ran back to the rest of the guys playing basketball.

Jongin's interruption unfroze Krystal from her place by the ground and snapped her back to reality. She blinked. "The dosirak."

"Mwo?" Minho asked, looking at her in confusion, "do you want to go to the clinic, Soo Jung?"

"Krystal," she bit out a bit too hastily, then bit her lower lip, controlling her emotions first before speaking again, "the dosirak, , I'm holding it just before you threw that ing ball at me!"

"Language, language," he reminded her before she started whipping her head around.

"Where is that . . . oh my god," she gasped as she saw the lunch box lying a few meters away from her, food thrown out everywhere. Then she stood up and ran towards it as if someone's chasing her, "oh my god, unnie's gonna kill me!"

"It's just a dosirak, why are you overreacting?" Minho asked as he caught up to her, looking at her panic-stricken face.

"Overreacting? OVERREACTING?!" Krystal yelled as she faced him, cradling the broken lunch box gingerly, "I couldn't afford to let this dosirak be put to waste, the food in it was supposed to be chewed, swallowed and then digested by someone who's in dire need of food. It was supposed to give nutrients to people! Do you know how many people are starving all over the world? HUH?!"

"Okay, you definitely need to go to the clinic," Minho shook his head as he gently took her by the arm, but the girl yanked it back hard.

"Andwae!" she exclaimed, then stumbled, feeling lightheaded all of a sudden at the force.

"Yah, be careful!" he exclaimed as he took her arm again, steadying her. He looked up to give her a reproachful look but his stern gaze receded to that of genuine worry as he blinked.

"S-Soo Jung . . ."

"Krystal, you idiot!" she instinctively corrected, then furrowed her forehead on second thought, "ugh, that sounded wrong."

But Minho either ignored her or didn't hear her as he pointed at her face. "Your nose . . ."

"My what?" she snapped,

"You're bleeding . . ."

"I know I'm a woman but Minho, you really don't have to say it out loud right in my face that I do that every month. And today's not even the start of that crimson war," she added.

Minho finally shot her an irritated glare. "Not that, stupid, I meant your nose is bleeding!"

"Language, you-" she stopped and blinked, his last statement catching up to her brain, ". . . what . . .?"

Then she brought her hand to her philthrum and drew it back . . . . only to see it coated with red, sticky liquid.

"Oh ."

And then she out.

 

 


 

 

Luna gave a sigh as she leaned back on her chair, rereading Sulli's message about Krystal before closing the application on her phone.

"That girl, I swear," she muttered as she propped her chin on her palm, gazing out at the window beside her. Krystal's currently in the school clinic, being tended to by Sulli who just informed her of the younger one's condition. Having a nosebleed and a fainting spell would call for worry but considering the fact that Krystal has anemia, the worry they currently have had been doubled.

I should send Jessica-unnie a message, she suddenly thought, then tapped through her phone again, but she was forced to stuff the device in her pocket as their teacher walked in.

"Good afternoon," Yoon Ji seonsaengnim greeted them as she strode into the room and into the table in front.

"Good afternoon, Yoon Ji seonsaengnim," all of them chorused as they went back to their respective places in the room.

"Our agenda for this afternoon is to finish our discussion yesterday and to hopefully start the next one before today's class ends," she announced as she placed her bag down on the chair. Then she faced the students, "Now, I have said yesterday that there would be one major output at the end of this quarter, and it is to sing a song with a musical accompaniment. In order for that to happen, I have decided that I will divide the class into pairs."

Almost at once, whispers broke out all over in the room.

"Omo, pairs?" Youngji whispered from beside Luna and she looked at her classmate and friend, "I hope I'll be paired up with someone kind enough."

"You're not the only one, Youngji," she agreed as she smiled, "it would be better if we'd be paired up with someone who's cooperative enough. I don't want to end up doing something by myself or else I'll give my partner a zero in evaluation."

At that, through her peripheral vision, she looked at the guy sitting behind her who was currently staring outside the window with a blank look on his face. Seeming to sense the eyes on him, Jonghyun looked back in front and she hastily turned her attention to her seatmate once again.

"True," Youngji giggled, "Oh, I just hope he'll be kind and cooperative enough."

"He?" Luna suddenly asked, her sharp ears catching on before smiling slyly at her, "aha, do you have someone in mind, Youngji-ah?"

"A-ani, unnie!" she immediately denied, flinging her hands in front of her face in defense, "I just meant 'he' in a general sense."

"Okay, I'll let you go, this time," Luna grinned before leaning back on her chair and facing the front when their teacher spoke up again.

"I'll announce the pairs later before the class ends. For now, I’ll continue yesterday’s lesson,” their teacher announced before walking over to the black board.

The blonde girl sighed as she took out her writing materials, taking notes here and there as their teacher droned on. Her attention is fully on her, well, it would've been that way for the rest of the period if only someone behind her didn't grab her awareness.

An object sailed a smooth trajectory before landing squarely on her head, startling the blonde girl into jumping up from her seat. She whirled around, looking at the faces of her classmates, who in turn, only blinked up at her. She blinked in return, before facing the blackboard again, as if nothing happened.

"Of course, I know that you already know Mozart and Beethoven . . . "

Thump.

Luna turned around again, her eyes narrowing as she scanned the last two rows after her seat. She gritted her teeth as she sighed. It's Music class, her favorite subject! Who dared try to divert her attention from it?

She gave one last lingering look at the people behind her, her gaze drifting longer towards the innocent-looking SHINee member behind her, who simply returned her gaze with a blank one.

She slowly turned back again to face their teacher, who started writing on the blackboard again. She uncapped her pen and diligently began to copy the notes with her head bowed down near her notebook, just in time as a paper ball sailed across her head and into Kyungsoo's neck.

Said wide-eyed boy turned slowly, his wide eyes only increasing the scary effect he induced. Luna looked up as she saw him move, meeting his eyes. She stared back at him, before shrugging and shaking her head. Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow at her, his eyes eyeing the suspicious ball of paper lying down on the ground between them. Then he scanned the rest of the class before turning back to the front, his hand massaging his neck.

Luna turned back to write on her notebook once again as their teacher continued on writing, only to be interrupted again, by that annoying little thing hitting her back, then her head, and – oh my god, why are there so many paper balls hitting her?!

Oh, wait, it stopped.

She blinked at the couple of paper balls that managed to land on her notebook, her ears turning deaf to Yoon Ji-seonsaengnim’s words as the assault on her stopped. Her pen froze on the page, the ink slowly pooling and forming a widening black dot.

Oh my goodness, thank kimchi it stoppe-

THUMP!

She could feel her heart pounding and her fist clenching as she slammed it down her desk.

Okay, fudge this shizz!

She swiftly turned around, grabbing one of the crumpled paper balls as she raised her hand high and-

“Park Sun Young-sshi!”

She froze as she stared at Jonghyun’s eyes, feeling every muscle in her body suddenly pause. Her heart thudded against her chest as she suddenly felt like a criminal caught in the act.

Well, actually, that’s what she looks like.

With her hand raised up high threateningly at the SHINee member behind her, and with her pissed off facial expression, an outsider would most likely think that she’s attacking the dinosaur-faced guy.

She slowly turned to meet the stern gaze of her teacher, who had her arms crossed over her chest. “N-ne, seonsaengnim?” she stuttered guiltily as she slowly lowered her hands.

Yoon Ji seonsaengnim spoke, “why are you . . . in that position? Is there something that will trigger you to act that way towards Kim Jonghyun-sshi?”

Luna bit her lip as she glanced back at the said guy, who maintained a cool façade. She did not believe the mask he put up though, and she could almost see him smirking beneath the exterior.

“Jonghyun’s throwing paper balls at me, sseonsaengnim,” she said in a low voice.

Yoon Ji seonsaengnim turned her sharp gaze to the said guy. “Is that true, Jonghyun-sshi?”

“Aniyo,” Jonghyun promptly denied, “it wasn’t me who threw her those, Lee ssaem.”

“Bwuyah, what nonsense!” Luna contradicted as she turned to him, “who else would throw these in? Kyungsoo even got hit by one of your balls!”

Behind Jonghyun, Chanyeol choked on his spit (eww, that’s like, so gross), and beside him, Baekhyun began laughing outright, before his mouth was clamped shut by Zitao, who nervously looked at their teacher. Snickers and muffled giggles followed soon after, and even Jonghyun himself placed his fisted hand over his mouth to cover the grin growing on his face.

Luna’s eyebrows furrowed. She stared off blankly before turning red as she realized her mistake.

“K-Kyungsoo-yah!” she suddenly exclaimed as she turned to divert their attention away from her horrible mistake (Oh. My. Gosh. That was so embarrassing!), “s-something hit you a while ago, right? You saw the paper ball, am I right?”

Kyungsoo, seeing the desperation in the girl’s eyes, decided to speak up. “Ne,” he said, “something also hit me and only the people at the back can do it.”

“See! You’re the culprit!” Luna whirled on her chair to face SHINee’s lead guitarist and main vocalist. She knew it was a weak argument, she doesn’t even have enough proof to point him out but who else would do it? Jonghyun’s history in the school is a basis enough.

“Enough,” Yoon Ji seonsaengnim sighed as she pressed two fingers to her temple, “this is the first warning, Sun Young-ah, Jonghyun-ah. Come a second time and you’ll both receive detention for disrupting the class, am I clear?”

Luna sighed as she slowly nodded her head. Jonghyun on the other hand, just gave a jerk of his head; he could care less about detentions now, after all those times he got into trouble in the past. Let’s just say that he’s well acquainted with the janitor in the gymnasium and the gardener at the greenhouse and fields and the legendary, smelly bathroom at the first floor – okay, let’s not go into the details.

Yoon Ji seonsaengnim nodded her head before walking briskly back to the desk, silencing the rest of the students with her aura. She grabbed the chalk left on her desk before teaching once again. Luna bit her lip as she looked down. It’s just the second day of school and yet she’s already into trouble.

And it’s all thanks to this jerk, she thought as she sharply glanced at the boy behind her. Said boy just smirked as he leaned back on his chair, lightly spinning his pen around as if telling her to turn back around. She scoffed before paying attention to their teacher once again.

Kyungsoo turned back to look at her, slowly jutting his thumb up, as if asking if she’s okay. Luna looked at him before nodding, a smile slowly growing on her face at her classmate’s concern. Said classmate nodded before facing front again. The smile lingered on her face longer. After all, it’s not every day that you’ll see the Do Kyungsoo showing his concern for you.

It wasn’t long before Yoon Ji seonsaengnim took out her lecture book to announce to the class the pairs, as she had said before the class started. She opened the book with a flourish, before sitting on top of her desk with legs crossed. She eyed her students one by one, before clearing .

Luna paid her full attention to her teacher – her idol - as she began to speak. The music teacher had always been a charismatic, talented musician and a great teacher, and it’s no surprise that Luna would see her as a role model.

“Okay, so I’ll now announce the pairs for the class project. The objectives and goals for this project would be discussed later if we have time and if not, then tomorrow. Okay, so let’s begin with . . .” she drifted off, her finger tracing the lines before stopping at one, “Ahn Sohee will be with Byun Baekhyun.”

At that, Baekhyun and Sohee glanced at each other, before waving at each other with a friendly smile on their faces while some girls groaned quietly at the fact that the boy already has a partner. It’s a known fact that Kim Minseok and Ahn Sohee are step siblings, but that didn’t allow any animosity between them. If ever, she’s the closest one to the senior student aside from his group of friends, which includes Baekhyun.

Luna crossed her fingers underneath her desk as Yoon Ji seonsaengnim continued on reciting the pairs. She could already see a pattern in their teacher’s preference. Sohee is a good singer but Baekhyun is better, and the fact that he’s her partner would mean that he could help her improve her skill.

She bit her lip as their teacher paired Kyungsoo up with Chanyeol, who grinned at the older guy. Her eyebrows furrowed together. Okay, so maybe her teacher’s choice in their pairings isn’t so predictable, after all. Chanyeol is an amazing singer and rapper, and Kyungsoo is also excellent. Both have good singing skills so it’s a surprise that she would pair them up together.

She slowly looked around the room as the others waved or chatted with their partners. There are only a handful of people left with no partners, and that included her and –

“Park Sun Young and Kim Jonghyun.”

“Bwo?” she exclaimed.

“You’re lucky, Luna-yah,” Jonghyun smirked as she turned to him with a flabbergasted look on her face.

“Being paired up with you is considered anything but lucky,” she muttered with gritted teeth before raising her hand to catch their teacher’s attention.

“Yoon Ji seonsaengnim!” she said as she successfully caught her attention, “may I ask why I have to be paired up with Jonghyun?”

She could swear her teacher smiled before she spoke, “because, Sun Young-ah, both of you are excellent singers. Both of you have a good range and your voices complement each other perfectly. Besides, I know you still have problems with the emotional portrayal in your voice and Jonghyun could help you with that. And Jonghyun, maybe you could learn a thing or two from Luna about controlling the volume of your voice when you sing. Sometimes you roar too much and your throat would be damaged.”

Jonghyun pinked slightly at her comment before scratching the back of his head, “Arasseo, seonsaengnim.”

“Can’t I just be partnered with Youngji-ah instead, ssaem?” Luna asked as she tugged at the said girl’s sleeve.

Yoon Ji seonsaengnim laughed before looking at her lecture book. “I’m afraid not. Youngji is to be paired with Jackson and I personally chose these pairs for a reason, not just because I want to.”

Luna pouted, waving an imaginary white flag in her head. She could only sigh and congratulate Youngji for being paired up with her crush, all the while ignoring the smug-looking guy behind her.

“Lucky girl,” He said in a sing-song voice behind her and she felt a vein tick in her head. There’s a reason why she never wanted to work with him. But today, as their teacher said, they could both benefit from each other and if it’s for her singing skill, she’d be willing to do it. But that guy . . . that annoying frick of a guy . . .

“Aren’t you happy you’re paired up with the awesome and almighty Kim Jonghyun, Sun Young?” he asked as he leaned against his table and poked her cheek repeatedly.

Her earlier embarrassment, worry and the fact that she’s currently undergoing her period just seemed to pile up and she turned to him.

Okay, that’s it!

“YAH!!!”

“OW! What the , Luna?!”

“Sun Young! Detention! You too, Jonghyun!”

 


 

Victoria gave a sigh as she slumped against the table, the air conditioner in the Student Council room softly blowing her bangs. She sighed again as she felt her stomach rumble – not loud enough to drown out Jiyeon’s voice, though. But it’s still loud enough for her to hope that nobody heard it.

“Okay, so I think that’s all for the venue,” Jiyeon finished as she closed the folder and slid it across the table to Onew, who began reading its contents again.

“Hmm . . . yeah, I think the gymnasium’s going to be the venue for this year’s party again. We should just decorate it more intricately this time. Perhaps decorative curtains to add a dreamy effect, huh? Hey, what do you think, ‘Toria?” Onew asked as he looked over at the Chinese girl beside him.

Said girl mumbled incoherently before pushing herself up, muttering a sorry to the members present.

“Sorry, what’s that again?” she said as she settled into the table with her arm in a 45º angle supporting her head.

“What do you think about decorating the gym with decorative curtains?” Onew asked, his eyes flickering slightly with worry as he looked at her.

Victoria straightened up, suddenly feeling self-conscious as the rest of the Student Council members’ eyes turned to her. She cleared as she went back to Vice President Victoria mode.

“I think that would be neat,” she said as she took some of the sketches in the folder Onew’s holding and surveyed them with a critical eye, “Twist it around some of the pillars then tie them up at the ceiling at the center so yeah, it would create a pretty effect. What’s this year’s theme again?”

“Fairy tales,” Ji Eun supplied, grinning at the thought, “but it’s still a masquerade party.”

Victoria nodded, trying to ignore the lingering pain in her stomach as she continued on surveying the designs and plans. “Then this design would really be fitting. How about we add more color to live up to the fairy tale theme?”

“Sure thing,” Jiyeon said as she typed the minutes in her laptop.

“How about the food and technical booth?” Onew asked.

At the mention of food, Victoria’s ears perked up and she heard a stomach rumble loudly. She hasn’t eaten since breakfast, but she doesn’t blame Krystal for not bringing the dosirak. She’s more worried for the girl than for her own self.

“It’s all set! I’ve already contacted the sponsors and we just gotta choose the menu. Do you want the menu to be sent or do you want us to go there ourselves to see them?” Wooyoung chimed in.

“How about we just send them here so it won’t be an inconvenience?” Jiyeon suggested, “we still have a lot to prepare.”

“Or maybe we could just send some of us to check?” Ji Eun asked.

All of them looked at one another, and in the silence, a grumbling shook them all. Victoria turned a shade darker. She’s hungry, yeah, but her stomach didn’t roar that loud didn’t it? Or was she even the one who made that sound?

“I agree with that suggestion!” Onew interrupted and waved his hands crazily in the air before Victoria whacked him upside the head.

“Shut up,” Victoria grumbled, “you’re just going to pick every chicken-related dish, egghead.”

Onew pouted as he rubbed the sore spot in his head, “Arasseo. We’ll just send them in.”

“Okay, copy that,” Jiyeon said.

A loud ringing coming from the school bell signifying the end of co-curricular activities interrupted them and they all looked up at the clock on the wall.

“Alright! Meeting’s over!” Onew joyfully exclaimed as he stood up, gathering all the papers from the table together with the other members.

“Goodness my joints are creaking,” Ji Eun muttered as she stretched up from her chair.

“Asa! Time to go to Gangnam!” Jiyeon whooped as she gathered the folders.

“Why am I not surprised, party girl?” Victoria teased as she helped in arranging the chairs.

“Yah,” Jiyeon pouted as she playfully nudged her friend, “you know I’m just there to DJ, Vic-ah.”

“Arasseo, arasseo,” Victoria chuckled as she handed the folders to Wooyoung who stacked them in the nearest bookshelf.

“Okay, so let’s just meet up tomorrow at the same time. We’re going to smooth the details out tomorrow, arasseo?” Onew said and all the members nodded.

“Alright, let’s go!”

Victoria waved goodbye to the other members as they piled out of the room one by one. She sighed in relief as she massaged her forehead. At last, she can finally eat!

“Here.”

She jumped back in surprise as a hand pushed a dosirak across the table towards her. She picked it up before looking back at the direction it came from.

“What’s this?” she asked.

“A dosirak, duh,” Onew rolled his eyes, “eat up. I know you’re hungry.”

Victoria lifted the lid of the dosirak and she blinked as a couple of chicken drumsticks met her eyes.

“B-but,” she stuttered as she pointed at the container, “this is chicken! What are you playing at, Onew?”

“Yah, just take it!” Onew protested as he jogged across the room to her, pushing the dosirak back to her just before she’s about to slide it back to him, “I’ve eaten enough chicken this day and you need it more than I do.”

What?

Victoria gaped at him as he went back to the couch on the other side of the room to get his backpack.

“Just eat it, arasseo?” he said as he grasped the handle of the door.

“But . . . Onew!” She yelled out, only to be met with the stern gaze of the chicken maniac.

“Eat!” he called out as he opened the door. Then he paused on the threshold and just as he was about to walk out, he grinned teasingly as he said one more remark, “And don’t think I haven’t heard your stomach grumbling moments ago. Are you sure you don’t have a monster in your stomach?”

He immediately ducked out of sight and slammed the door shut before the Chinese girl could throw him the dosirak.

Said girl pursed her lips as she looked at the door.

So that idiot heard me? Aish, and I thought nobody did!

She then turned her gaze to the dosirak in her hand as the Student Council President’s words washed over her once again.

“I’ve eaten enough chicken this day . . .”

“Enough?” Victoria muttered as she lifted the lid again, gazing at the two chicken drumsticks inside.

“Since when did Onew have enough chicken, huh?” she continued as she gingerly took one of the chickens and bit into it. She smiled as the savory taste spread through her taste buds and she absently marveled at the guy’s excellent choice in chicken.

Victoria shrugged as she kept on eating, unaware of the fact that the louder rumbling sounds she heard earlier aside from her own is from the chicken maniac’s himself.

 

 

 


 

 

A/N: After 10000000000000000 years . . . I finally updated. Wooh! Huzzah! HAHAHA xD

Well, anyways, here is a long-ish update for you guys! I’m sorry it took a while, writer’s block and college life is such a pain in the haha. And as you might notice, this is now in the third POV, and I would write like that from now on. I’m going to edit the previous chapters and turn them from first POV to third, but I dunno, maybe I’d just keep them that way too if time wouldn’t allow me to edit them. But I really hope you guys enjoy this chapter :)

I went into a writing spree this afternoon because I was in a good mood and hey, my fingers are itching to type these up and post an update for you guys hehe ^^

So what do you think? Feel free to comment about it :)