Newfound Dilemma

Catch Me
Newfound Dilemma

AMBER'S POV

 

"What do you mean I can't?" I exclaimed, trying to lower my voice together with my temper, "Se Ah-sshi, I should be in the Ladies' Dorm and not in the Mens'! Don't you think it's inappropriate for me to share a room with a guy?!"

"It is inappropriate, Ms. Liu," the school personnel, Ms.Se Ah, calmly said, "But it has already been arranged. There are no extra rooms."

"Please, can't you do something about it?"

"I'll see what I can do. I'm not sure if there are rooms in the Ladies' that still have vacancies."

"Omo! Se Ah-sshi, there is still extra space in our dorm, Amber-unnie could just bunk with us there," Sulli piped in.

"Oh, is there?" Ms. Se Ah muttered, then turned to the computer in front of her, "What room are you in?"

"Room 302," Sulli answered and glanced at me hopefully. I sighed in relief. Thank goodness Sulli said that, I might just be able to get out of this one. After Sulli told me that my room is in the Mens' Dorm, I immediately dashed to the office in hopes that I could fix this out. Just how in the world did that happen?! I'm a girl! I understand it if things like mistaking me as a guy and leading me to the wrong restroom happens but this? This is just too much!

"Ahh, you're Choi Jinri? And you're with Park Sun Young, Song Qian and Jung Soo Jung?" Ms. Se Ah asked, looking up from the computer.

"Ne! That's me!" Sulli said.

"So . . . could I transfer there?" I asked hopefully.

Ms. Se Ah pushed her spectacles up the bridge of her nose and smiled. "Ne, you can transfer there, if that's okay with Jinri-sshi, that is." 

Sulli and I both smiled and turned to each other, but the school personnel cut us off before we can yell out in victory. "But . . . there's still one loophole."

"Dae?" Sulli and I both asked.

"Se Ah noona!" a different voice called out and the three of us turned to face the source of it."Can I get my dorm keys now? I've just arrived."

A male student bounded up to the office cubicle, a guitar case slung over his back, with his backpack plastered to his chest so he looked like some kind of a . . . pregnant man. Wow, that's weird.

"Oh, annyeong hasseyo, Sulli-ah!" the guy greeted, bowing to her and she did the same. "Anyway, is Victoria already here?"

"Ah, ne. Waeyo? Did you miss Vic-unnie?" Sulli replied, grinning mischievously and Onew immediately stuttered. 

"Y-yah, aniyo! Aish, she beat me this time!" He exclaimed, pouting and ruffling his hair. Sulli could only smirk. Then he seemed to notice me and he blinked. Even if he didn't voice it, I know what's going on in his mind. Yeah, that I look like a boy, that he's not sure if I'm a guy or a gal, that he's wondering why a guy is wearing the girls' uniform . . . the usual. Then he smiled and bowed down to me.

"Annyeong haseyo. I haven't seen you before. You're new here, I suppose?" he asked.

"Ahh, ne," I answered, "I'm Amber Liu. I'm a second year transferee."

"Ohh! Then you'll be meeting Kibum and Jonghyun," he exclaimed, then seemed to be amused at the thought as his eyes twinkled. "I'm Lee Jinki, but you can call me Onew. I'm a third year student here. Hope you'll enjoy your first day!"

Then he turned back to Se Ah-sshi and inquired for his dorm keys. Wow, I'm pretty impressed that he didn't make a comment about my boyish appearance. After getting his keys, he turned to us.

"Annyeong, Sulli, Amber-sshi!" he said, waving at us and started to walk away, before pausing and turning back. "Just a piece of advice, try the chicken down the cafeteria. I assure you, it's awesome." Then he gave us one last wave before he bounded away, tripping on the threshold of the door before finally disappearing from sight.

Sulli and I looked at each other then we started laughing.

"Don't worry about Onew-oppa, he's always like that," she said, "and about that chicken thing, I would be agreeing with him. The food here's awesome!"

"Aigoo, then I'll find out if that's true, come lunch time," I replied. Then I remembered that we have an issue to settle and I turned back to Se Ah-unnie. "Se Ah-sshi, what's the loophole you're talking about earlier?"

"Ahh, that," she answered, leaning back on her chair, "well, you have to find another roommate for the one residing in that room, and if you can't, then you have to room with him. At least, until you find a replacement. We can't have any vacancies in the dorm rooms."

"Dae? Ohh," I sighed, before crossing my arms, musing over the thought. Hmm, so all I need to do is to find someone who will replace me in that room. So I need to find a guy. Fast. As in real fast, if I need to sleep in the Ladies' Dorm tonight. Oh bugger.

"So all I need to do is to find a replacement? Then I can dorm with Sulli?" I confirmed and she nodded. I sighed before straightening up and bowing down. "Kahmsahamnida, Se Ah-sshi, I'll inform you if I found someone to replace me."

"Anieyo. Now go, the assembly starts in 15 minutes. You don't want to be late," Se Ah-sshi smiled.

"Ah, wait a minute, Se Ah-sshi, who's the one in Room 505?" Sulli asked, stopping a few feet away and I did the same.

"It's Kim Kibum-ah," she replied. For a second, her eyes widened. Then she caught herself and waved at Se Ah-sshi.

"Kahmsahamnida!" Sulli said before we left. 

"So . . . unnie, you have to look for a replacement?" she asked as we walked down the hallway.

"Ne," I answered.

"I'll help you, so you don't have to worry. Oh, and Krystal, Luna-unnie and Vic-unnie are gonna help too!" Sulli said, brightening up.

"Ah, you don't have to drag them to my problem, Sulli-ah, but komawo," I said.

"I'm sure they wouldn't mind. We love helping out people, especially our friends. And you're a friend now!" she said and we both smiled.

"Komawo, Sulli-ah," I said, feeling very grateful all of a sudden. If Sulli wasn't here, I wouldn't know how to do this keke. As we walked in silence, my mind gears are turning, already running over my predicament. I didn't even know anyone here yet and now I shoud search for someone to go room with Kim Kibum, whoever he may be. Wait . . . 

"Sulli, who is this Kim Kibum anyway?" I asked in curiosity.

"Ahh, him?" she laughed, "well, he's just Shinhwa's biggest diva and SHINee's pianist. Like Onew-oppa had said, you might probably encounter him in your classes."

"Oh," I said, thinking it over, "is he . . . you know, nice?"

"Hmm, I wouldn't say nice . . . not exactly . . . he's very blunt and is brutally honest, that's why all the girls who confessed to him came back heartbroken. Well, that's what I know of him, at least," she answered.

I nodded. Seems like this Kibum guy is kinda feisty huh. Nothing I can’t handle, I hope. Well, I needed to talk to him soon.

“Unnie, I think you should leave your belongings in our dorm first. We should attend the assembly,” Sulli suggested and I nodded my agreement as we set off towards their Dorm room.

 


 

VICTORIA’S POV

 

I sighed for the nth time as I glanced at my wristwatch. I’m standing at the stage in the spacious school auditorium, as my fellow student council members walked about, making last-minute adjustments. Yes, I’m part of the student council, although I’m only the vice-president. Well I should be the president if only a certain someone didn’t in! Who’s the president, you ask? Well, he’s none other than –

“Sorry I’m late!” an overly familiar voice exclaimed and I didn’t even need to turn around to know who he is. Yes, he.

“Yah! You’re the Student Council President, you should learn how to get here on time!” I yelled, turning to face Onew. Yep, he’s the president. Of all the people, of all the students in this school, my enemy just had to beat me to my dream position. How downright humiliating and annoying is that? Argh!

Yes, you heard it right. Lee Jinki is my enemy. Nemesis, enemy, opponent . . . you name it. The thing is, I don't know when this started. Probably when he beat me in this stupid (but terribly important) exam back in Middle School that got my competitive streak to burst full-on. Yep, I've known him since Middle School . . . actually since Elementary, but that's a story to be told another day. And I've been determined to get him off his throne, and wipe that 'yeah-I'm-rank-1-in-class-and-the-president-of-student-council' aura off him. 

"And I said I'm sorry. I'm here now, anyway Victoria," he replied, placing his bag on one of the chairs before standing over to me.

"Is that my speech?" he asked, peering over my shoulder and looking into the piece of paper in my hands. You see, during the first day of school, aside from the school principal, the Student Council president would also do a speech before the students. 

"Ne, I already proofread them," I said, pushing the pieces of paper to his hands before making my way towards Ji Eun and Woo Young who were setting up the podium on the stage.

"Komawo, though there's not much to proofread anyway," he called out after me, and I glared at him as he sent me a seemingly innocent smile. Ugh, that babo, I swear. Though what he said was kinda true . . . okay, so it is true. There's nothing I need to check really, the grammar is perfect and the paragraphs are cohesive. I don't get why they would need me to check it up for him, and it's really really just short, to boot. What am I, his secretary?!

"Vic-unnie, everything's set," Ji Eun said to me as she dusted her hands on her skirt.

"Ah, Komawo, Ji Eun-ah," I smiled at her then turned to look. Students were already piling into the chairs, and I can see Mun Jung Hyuk gyojangnim approach us, and I saw in the corner of my eye, Onew and the rest of the student council walking over to stand beside me.

"Is everything alright?" He asked after greeting us.

"Ne, gyojangnim. We'll just wait a few minutes before everyone has settled in their respective places and we can start," Onew replied, his usually cheerful voice turning formal and serious.

Jung Hyuk gyojangnim nodded, smiling brightly. "Good, good job, as expected from the members of the student council. We'll start in about . . . 5 minutes. Now, please excuse me," he said, before walking over to Ha Neul seongsaengnim.

"Aigoo, it's our first assignment for the school year and Jung Hyuk gyojangnim complimented us. I'm flattered," Ji Eun laughed and I smiled, patting her head affectionately. She's only a Second Year student but she's so enthusiastic about everything. This kid's got a bright future.

"If I would also compliment you, would you also be flattered?" Woo Young mused out loud and Ji Eun blushed.

"Y-yah!"

"Aish, these two lovebirds, honestly," Jiyeon murmured as Woo Young laughed and ruffled Ji Eun's hair.

"You're just jealous of Ji Eun because she's got herself a guy," I smirked teasingly and she frowned.

"Aish, not you too! Just because you got Nichkhun . . . " she said. Now it's my turn to blush. Nichkhun and I . . . well, we’re not official, no. But there’s something between us so . . . yeah. I bumped her shoulder lightly.

"Hajima! Let's just focus on this task today, enough talk about this stuff."

"Wow, you've matured!" Onew said and I whipped around to see him grinning innocently.

"Yah, what are you doing just standing there? go rehearse your speech now, pali, pali!" I said, shoving him as three-quarters of the auditorium was filled up.

"Wae? I already memorized this by heart," he asked, standing still as he peered out in the crowd of students.

"That's not an excuse," I muttered as the rest of the Student Council went over to the sidelines. Out in the crowd, I saw Krystal, Sulli, Luna and an androgynous girl walk up to their seats. They must've felt my gaze because Krystal turned, and waved. I waved back as we walked down the stairs and sat on the front row. Hmm, who could that girl be? I haven't seen her before. Then a couple of minutes later, Jung Hyuk gyojangnim approached the podium set on the stage and the buzz of the students inside the auditorium quieted down.

"Jo-eun ah-chim, everyone, teachers, students and staff," Jung Hyuk gyojangnim started and we all replied with a simultaneous, "Jo-eun ah-chim, gyojangnim!"

"I don't know if the past summer break has erased me from your memory, though I'll be hurt if you guys did so I will introduce myself, and also for the benefit of the new students here. I'm the school principal, Mun Jung Hyuk," he added, which drew laughter from everyone. Even I giggled a bit. Having a laidback and approachable guy as your school principal sure is awesome.

Then the laughter died down and he continued. "Welcome back to Shinhwa Academy of Arts and Music! Did you miss us?”

At that, a lot of voices erupted in the room expressing their different opinions, and I could just hear Kwanghee loudly shouting his agreement.

Jung Hyuk gyojangnim laughed. “Well, you students better be missing us or else. Keke, just kidding. Nonetheless, I welcome you back, and this one will be quite a short speech. Another year has been given to us to continue your journey in Shinhwa Academy of Arts and Music. Another year has been given as a stepping stone that each of you are jumping on to reach your dreams. It's not unheard of that some of the well-known artists and musicians have come from this school, and you, you, you and you," he pointed to random people out in the crowd, "might someday be among those stars."

I subconsciously smiled. Isn't that what each one of us are aiming for?

Jung Hyuk gyojangnim paused for a while and looked at us with a fond smile on his face. "I was once like you, too. I was also a past pupil of this school. I still remember those times when I would once skip a class or two just because I'm lazy, or just chilling out or trying to evade the class altogether because I didn’t do my homework. I would also participate in the school festivals and complain a lot when there’s homework. Oh, but don’t be like me, my High School life’s not a good example for you students, my college life would be far more decent," at that, we all smiled. We could just imagine the tall, easygoing man in front of us in our school uniform, and slacking off in the hallways just like a normal student. "Anyway, look where I am now. I became a singer and a part of a boy group for a few years before deciding to retire to my current profession. And I hope that this new school year will be another fruitful one for us. Take your studies seriously and do not waste this precious opportunity given to you to study because I seriously have no doubt that one day, I would be sitting down in my worn-out couch sipping a mug of hot chocolate and watching you in the television, or I might take a walk down the museum across the street and happen to see your artworks there. And since this is starting to sound like a graduation speech, I would end it here so our Student Council president would take his turn to speak in front. Good day!"

We stood up to give him a round of applause as some of the students whooped. Jung Hyuk gyojangnim laughed lightly as he stepped down from the podium. 

"Wish me luck," Onew whispered as he passed me and I smirked as we sat back down.

"Wae, scared?" 

He smirked back. "Never."

Then he walked up the stairs. I would've pulled up a straight face all the way if he didn't just trip on the stairs, resulting to laughter across the auditorium. 

"Mwolhaedo Onew sangtae!" The third years, his fangirls and his bandmates all sung as he got back up sheepishly. Huh, still as clumsy as always.

He bowed down to our school principal before stepping up the podium. Once again, loud cheers errupted from the assembly, mostly from girls but there are males as well, including his four bandmates, who were standing up and clapping wildly. I rolled my eyes. It's not at all surprising, really. What do you expect from the charismatic band leader who had perfect grades, perfect personality and perfect everything? Hear the sarcasm?

"Thank you for giving us a wonderful speech, Jung Hyuk gyojangnim," Onew started, looking back at him who merely gave him an encouraging smile and a thumbs-up.

"Annyeong Hasseyo everyone, my name is Lee Jinki, the Student Council president and a Third Year student - "

"LEE JINKI-OPPA, SARANGHAMNIDA!" A group of girls by the aisle shouted and Onew smiled as he bowed down gratefully. Aish, these girls really, don't they know how to act properly at the right time?

"Haha, komawo, komawo," he smiled at them, causing them so squeal, "Ahem. So where was I? Ah, dae. I'm the student council president and I'm also a third year student. As Jung Hyuk gyojangnim had said, we are at the threshold of another year, we are on the doorway to continue what we have started when we stepped into this school, and as for the new students; to create your own path and to pave your own way to reach your dreams. And I don’t mean you have to literally pave your way here in the school and make your own sidewalk or something. So, what should we do? Well, it’s pretty simple, actually. All you have to do is enjoy. Yes, you heard me right, enjoy. Studying in a prestigious and highly-acclaimed school as this one doesn’t equate to saying goodbye to your social life and just absorbing yourself in books and schoolwork, though I know that we should study real hard. No, no, that would’ve been a bit horrible now, won’t it?”

At this, his eyes swept over the crowd, locking with mine for a moment. Okay, those words kinda hit me hard. Since I wanted to beat this guy, I spent most of my time studying. I repeat, most, not all. So there's still time for me to relax but his words . . . still dug deep. 

“And I don’t mean you have to ignore your schoolwork like that-“ he snapped his fingers “-and just go partying up until morning. I meant balance. Stability. Equilibrium. It’s important to steady both aspects of our student life so we can have the best of both worlds, and will make our four years in this school quite memorable. I, together with the rest of the student council, am here to manage the affairs of the student body. And we will make sure that your – our – student days would become memorable, one that will be remembered, even as we stand up on our own stage someday. Good day and thank you,” he finished.

We all clapped, even I did (okay, I clapped softly unlike the girls behind me who were squealing their heads off while clapping their hands off. Honestly, do they have hands of steel or something?) as we rose. He went down the podium and the stage and to the empty seat beside me.

He smirked at me as we sat down. I kept my eyes on Ha Neul seonsaengnim as she announced something on the mic.

“Ah, that’s my second speech in a row. Good thing I still haven’t lost my touch,” he casually commented and I turned to frown at him.

“Do you really have to rub it in my face that you’ve been the student council president for two consecutive years? And I’ve been vice president for TWO consecutive years?”

“I didn’t say anything like that,” he shrugged and I resisted the urge to whack him upside the head.

“You’re implying that though.”

“I just made a comment about my own speech,” he grinned as all of us stood up, the other students already filing away to go to their classes and we, to arrange the stage.

“Babo. Self-satisfied babo,” I muttered under my breath as I followed Woo Young to the stage.

“Hehe, Victoria, you know I still win! I’m still the first and you just came in second!” Onew said cheerfully in a sing-song voice behind me.

Aish, why?! Ever since elementary, he always comes in first! I spent hours studying but I just couldn’t beat him! Hmm, maybe all that chicken he ate turned him to some sort of superhuman with a superbrain.

“Ha! That’s what you think. Let’s see it this school year then, watch out, maybe I could finally beat you and take you down your throne!” I said as we piled the few chairs on the stage.

“Try it then, while I just sit here and eat my chicken,” he replied back as he and Woo Young carried the podium back to the side of the stage.

“Do you want me to ban chicken from the school cafeteria? Huh?!”

“Y-yah! Ani, ani, anything but that!!!”

And just like that, he succumbed down. There really must be something with all that chicken he eats.

“Are they always like this?” I heard Ji Eun whisper as I shouted back at the chicken-maniac.

“You have no idea,” Jiyeon answered, “this isn’t even arguing, in their sense. They’re just talking.”

Oh goodness, this is going to be one long year.

 


 

AMBER'S POV

 

"Ah, Onew-sunbae is right, it tastes good," I said in between bites of chicken and sips of orange juice. We just finished our first half of classes and were currently eating in the cafeteria. And by 'we', I meant me, Sulli, Krystal and Luna. I already attended some of my classes and let me tell you, it's awesome. All of us had to attend the basic subjects classes, but since this is an arts and music academy, there are more arts and music subjects. When the first break came up, Sulli and Krystal immediately dragged me to introduce me to Luna, who I learned is very friendly and energetic.

“You're absolutely right,” Luna commented as she swallowed her food, “it seems that food tastes better here.”

"Remember what Vic-unnie always said? That maybe there's something about the chicken here that seems to make Onew-oppa smarter than her?" Sullli piped in and she and Luna laughed. 

"Speaking of which, where's Vic-unnie?" Krystal asked.

"Behind you," I heard a low voice whisper and Krystal jumped in her seat as a pair of hands suddenly gripped her shoulder. I turned to see a tall girl with bangs standing behind her, laughing.

"Vic-unnie!" Luna and Sulli both exclaimed, waving at her, and she waved back. 

"Yah, umma! Stop jumping up from nowhere like that!" Krystal exclaimed as she I moved to make room and Victoria sat down. 

She pouted. "Aww, Soo Junggie, c'mon. You didn't even scream when I surprised you hehe."

Then she seemed to notice me. "Ohh! Annyeong Hasseyo, I'm Song Qian but you can call me Victoria. Are you new here? What grade are you in?"

I bowed to her as I smiled. "I'm Amber Liu. Ne, I'm new here and I hope you don't mind me hanging out with you guys. I don't know anyone here yet. Oh, and I'm with Luna, I'm a Second Year."

Victoria brightened up as she chewed on the piece of bulgogi Sulli fed her. "Oh, so you're my dongsaeng hehe. Yah, of course I don't mind. And if you need anything, just tell me, I'm the Vice President of the student council so I could help you around."

"Omo, komawo, Vic-unnie!" I said. Wow, they're so kind. I knew it was the right choice to have them as friends.

"Unnie, did you know that Amber can also speak in Chinese? She's half-Taiwanese and half-American," Luna said.

"Omona! Jinja?" she asked excitedly and I nodded then she sighed happily. "At last, I can have someone to talk to in Chinese! Sometimes I get tired of speaking in Korean all the time."

"She's got loads of sticky notes stuck on her desk with Korean words and phrases written on them because she sometimes forgets the words," Krystal whispered but it's still loud enough so we all heard it and Victoria poked her side.

"Oh, are you Chinese, Vic-unnie?" I asked.

"Ne," Victoria said, "I'm purely Chinese but since I wanted to study here in Korea, I lived here ever since Elementary. On my own. Aigoo, I miss my homeland. Anyways, I gotta go get some food first."

Then she stood up and stretched, then walked towards the line by the counter. Wow, so she's Chinese. I felt the same way she does too, it's also tiring to speak in a language that is not your native tongue. 

"By the way, Amber, what's your next subject?" Luna asked.

"Ahh . . . I believe it's Music Class," I replied, looking at my wristwatch.

Luna pouted. "Aww, that's my second period after lunch. I forgot we're from different sections."

"Yah, Ddungie, what about you, what's your next class?" Sulli asked nonchalantly and I turned to them in curiosity.

"Ddunggie?"

"Ahh, that's what I call Krystal," Sulli laughed, "Soo Jung. Soo Junggie. Ddungie. Hehe!"

"Ahh, that's why," I laughed.

"And I call her Ddullie," Krystal commented, "Sulli. Ddullie. And hey, don't fool with me, we're in the same section so we got the same classes!"

"Aww Ddungie, Ddullie is sorry!" Sulli said in a baby voice and Krystal stopped pouting and began to show her aegyo.

"Ddullie, Ddungie forgives you!" She replied in the same manner then both of them pinched each other's cheeks across the table.

"Omo! Stop it! You two really are so adorable!" Luna giggled, reaching over to peck them both on the cheek. I couldn't agree more, these two are the epitomes of cuteness. 

"So I'll call Luna Lunnie then," I blurted out loud. Then I seemed to realize what it would sound like in English and I immediately waved my hands frantically as the three of them stared at me.

"Ahahaha, aniyo, aniyo, I'm just kidding, that's not a good-"

"HAHAHAHA!" Krystal suddenly laughed, releasing Sulli's cheeks from her hands and began to thump the table with her fists as she giggled. Oh no, I forgot Krystal can understand English! Omo, ottohkae?! They might misunderstand! 

"Omo, Amber-unnie, that's a good one!" she said as she stopped, giving me a thumbs-up and a wicked smile on her face.

"Lunnie sounds pretty cute. Kinda like a combination of Luna and unnie," Sulli thought out loud. I figured she's not that fluent in English so I'm a bit relieved.

"Yah, that sounds a bit wrong in English!" I said and Luna and Krystal both smirked.

"I know," they both said.

"I know only a few English words but I know that one. But if you call me that . . . then can I call you Ambie?" Luna grinned widely and she, Suli and Krystal all snickered.

"Yah, forget about it," I said shortly with a mock-serious face and they laughed outright. I knew it was a right choice to befriend them. It's just the first day but I'm feeling really comfortable around them.

"What did I miss?" Victoria asked as she came back with her tray of food.

"Nothing much, just a lot of cuteness from these two," Luna replied, jabbing a thumb at both Sulli and Krystal, "and a lot of name-calling from this one."

"I told you to forget about it, Lunnie, " I laughed lightly as she pretended to look angry.

"Yah, Ambie!" she said teasingly.

"First these two maknaes give each other endearments and now it's the two of you? Yah, what about your Vic-umma, huh?" she exclaimed, feigning hurt.

"Well, Vic-umma has Nichkhun-appa!" Sulli said brightly. Just as Vic-unnie was about to reply, however, the bell rang.

"Mwo?! Why did the bell . . . Aish, I was just starting to eat!" Victoria exclaimed before hurriedly stuffing with food.

"Aigoo, I'll wait for you then, unnie," Luna suggested but Victoria waved her off.

"I can manage, you're going to be late. Now hurry up, the four of you! No tardy on the first day of classes!"

We hurriedly complied and went up to our respective classrooms, waving each other goodbye.

"Luna, do you know where my next class would be?" I asked, showing her my schedule. Luna took it and, with a quick scan, pointed straight up with a smile.

"To the third floor, and the fourth one to the left side of the hallway," she answered and I whistled.

"Komawo, Luna. See you later!" I said and she waved goodbye as I jogged up the stairs. Students rushed by me as the second bell rang again, as a sign that we should be in our respective classrooms now. I breathed a sigh of relief as I reached the third floor and hurriedly searched for my room . . . first door . . . second door . . . third . . . AHA! I reached a sleek brown door and pushed it open . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

only to find the whole class and the teacher staring at me.

 

"Ah, you must be the new student, right?" the teacher asked and I nodded. She smiled. "Well, you're just on time. Now come on in, before I actually consider you to be late for class."

I stepped inside as I felt my face flush a bit at her comment. Then she gestured for me to walk to her side as I heard a buzz inside the room. Great. Looks like they have some comments in store for me huh.

"Let's see, hmm . . . you can sit behind Yong Joo-ah by the fourth row," she said and I began to walk towards that direction. I could already feel the eyes of my classmates watching my every move I saw an empty seat by the window beside a girl and I quickly sat down.

"Okay, now that everything's settled, let me introduce myself. I'm Lee Yoon Ji, I'm going to be your teacher for Music Class for this year and I expect all of you to dedicate yourselves to this class. I hope we can all have a great year together," Yoon Ji seonsaengnim spoke up just as I made myself comfortable, and the class faced her once again. From the looks of it, Yoon Ji seonsaengnim looks like a cool, edgy lady (which is accentuated by her pixie-cut hair) and although she's smiling, I can sense the strictness oozing out of her. Better do well in this class.

"So before we start, let's start the roll call," she continued, before taking out her notebook with a flourish and began reciting names.

Then the girl in front of me turned partially, just enough for me to see her face and she smiled. "Annyeong hasseyo, I'm Jung Yong Joo, but I guess you'd know that by now. You can call me Nicole," she said and I smiled back.

"I'm Amber," I replied and she nodded, facing the front of the room again. I was quietly observing the classroom when something caught my attention. And it's not just something, it's a name. A very, very important name. 

"Kim Kibum?" Yoon Ji seonsaengnim called out and the guy beside me quietly raised his hand. Kim Kibum . . . this is the guy who's on Room 505! The one who should I talk to about the room assignment!

"Amber Liu?" Yoon Ji seonsaengnim asked and I raised my hand before turning quietly to study the Kibum guy. Hmm, why does he look familiar . . . did I meet him somewhere? Hmm . . . then something glinted in the sunlight as he slouched in his chair. His ear. Wait, are those . . . key piercings? Wait a minute . . . 

"You're the one in the cafe yesterday!" I blurted out in English before catching myself. But the words are said and I turned to see the class looking at me strangely.

"Are you talking to me, Ms. Liu?" Yoon Ji seonsaengnim asked and I gulped. I felt my face flushing from embarassment and I quickly shook my head.

"Aniyo, seonsaengnim, I-I . . . I just remembered something and I absently . . . " I faltered, my voice growing small in my throat as the others snickered.

"Since it's the first day of school, I'll let this pass, but Ms. Liu, I would like you to remember that we're in Music Class and not in English Class," she said tartly and I nodded mutely. Then she resumed the roll call and I felt the entire class' eyes slowly turn back to the front. Aish, stupid mouth! I just had to make a fool of myself for the first day. Great. But this guy, this Kibum guy! He's the one who mistakenly turned me to the Boys' CR! Deep breath, Amber, deep breath . . . I should be nice. As they say, past is past, right? Then I slowly turned back to Kibum.

"Yah," I whispered, trying to get his attention. He was tapping his desk with his pen as he faced the blackboard in front blankly. 

"Yahhhhh!" I whispered again, stretching the syllable 4 beats longer. 

"Kibum-sshi!" I tried again and this time, he turned to me.

"There, you finally learned how to call someone's attention properly," he muttered, rolling his eyes. I blinked. What did Sulli say? That Kim Kibum's a diva and a blunt and honest person . . . ? I can see what she means now. Okay, keep calm Amber, no need to get on his bad side now, if you wanted to get on the Ladies' Dorm. 

"Hehe, mianhae," I mumbled, bowing apologetically before continuing, "can I ask you something?"

"You're already asking me a question," he pointed out shortly as he faced front again. I ignored his statement and just went right to the point.

"You're the one on Room 505, right?" I asked. He looked at me strangely.

"How did you know that? Are you stalking me? Are you my fangirl or something?" he hissed and I rolled my eyes. They say he's a diva? I can definitely attest to that one.

"Aniyo, and please stop making unwarranteed assumptions," I replied and he narrowed his eyes, " I just wanted to know if you already have a roommate."

He opened his mouth in shock. "First you ask me if my room's on 505 and now you're asking me if I have a roommate? Honestly, are you a sasaeng fan? Well, I can't blame you, our band's just too popular." 

I blinked. Honestly? "Yah, I don't even know your band."

He scoffed. "Are you kidding? You don't know us? Well, you're a new student here but you must've heard about us."

"Well, yeah I did but that's not the point. I asked you a question and can you please kindly answer me?"

"Who are you to ask me that?" he exclaimed.

"Kim Kibum-sshi. Are you addressing me?" Yoon Ji seonsaengnim snapped and I rapidly faced front again. I slowly slouched in my chair and tried to look as incouspicous as possible as I felt Kibum glaring daggers at me.

"Yoon Ji seonsaengnim~" he said in what I supposed is his 'adorable' voice, "the new student is bothering me!" Oh, curse you.

"Aniyo, seonsaengnim!" I interrupted, sitting up straight in my chair, "I was just asking him about the school."  That might sound lame but technically, that's the truth, right?

"Aish, what are you talking about?" Kibum exclaimed, shooting me a dirty look, "Seonsaengnim, this tomboy is-!"

WHAT THE.

"Tomboy?!" I exclaimed, "Yah, you divaish, effiminate-!"

"Enough!" Yoon Ji seonsaengnim exclaimed and both of us fell silent, "Ms. Liu, this is the second time you've disrupted the class and once again, I'll let it slide. But come a third time and I'll give not only you, but also Kim Kibum-sshi detention. Understood?"

Kibum and I glared at each other before turning to nod at Yoon Ji seonsaengnim. She sighed, rubbing her temple with two fingers before addressing the class. "Anyone else who wishes to interrupt the class may go out. Is that clear?"

"Ne, seonsaengnim," we all spoke and she went back to teaching us an introduction to Music.

Great. It's the first day of school and I've received two warnings in class. Not one, but two. Way to make a good first impression. I shot Kibum a glare before turning to listen attentively to Yoon Ji seonsaengnim.

The class went by with seonsaengnim teaching us about the basics of music and its elements, and soon enough the bell rang. As soon as Yoon Ji seonsaengnim dismissed us, I calmed myself down and immediately caught up with Kibum who was already on the corridor.

"Kibum-sshi," I said, clutching his arm and he looked back, jerking his arm.

"Mwo?" he snapped, smoothing the wrinkled part of his uniform, "what do you want from me?"

"You asked if I am a sasaeng fan and whatever the hell that means, no I'm not one. I asked you that because, in case you haven't been informed, I'll be your roommate," I quickly said.

"MWORAGU?!" He exclaimed, causing the other students passing by us to look at us strangely. However, they just shook their heads off, like this is just a natural occurence. "Oh my god. Who told you that?"

"Se Ah-sshi told me," I answered, rolling my eyes. Honestly, I'm getting better at that. "She told me that until I haven't found another one to take my place, I would be rooming with you and not in the Ladies' Dorm."

"Mwuyah . . ." Kibum muttered, more to himself though, " I told Jonghyun to already sign in with the form, aish! Yah, you'll not room up with me!"

"Who says you're the only one who doesn't like this-this dilemma, huh?" I asked, "I don't like this either! But I don't have a choice if I don't find another student who'd like to dorm with you."

"Then do something about it!" then he turned and walked away from me. Then, he abruptly stopped.

"By the way, it's Key not Kibum. Arasseo?" he called out then turned to continue walking away.

. . . . . What the. So he'll just leave me alone like that, huh? He won't even help me?! That . . . that diva!

"Fine! And if I didn't find someone, don't blame me!" I shouted at his back. Aish, but what am I going to do? How am I going to do this? And i only got about three hours before classes end! Wait a minute . . . he said something about some Jonghyun guy . . . maybe I can talk to him! Amber fighting!

 


 

A/N: Third chapter's up! Ontoria and Keyber interactions! Yay! Hehe. :)   Sorry for the long wait, I'm kinda stumped with a little writer's block but I'm kinda okay . . . for now. Next chapter, I might include more SHINee and f(x)'s interactions, but I'm trying to make this story as realistic as possible, so the love might bloom slowly. :)

Anyways, I want to thank all those who subscribed to my story, 

Mblaqjjangkeiliekk vanchan9811Loly21lollilove sjluhanieKeyAmber YGfangirlshineeffectEmma1234 

Thank you very much to you guys! :))

And to all those who commented, thank you too! I appreciated it. :)

I'll try to update faster next time. Anyways, see you in the next chapter! :)