Welcome To Shinhwa Academy of Arts and Music

Catch Me
Welcome To Shinhwa Academy of Arts and Music!

SULLI'S POV

 

"So, just because it's the first day of school doesn't mean that Homework will not be given," Ms. UEE said, smirking as we groaned out loud.

 

 

"Hmm . . . no homework please . . . "

 

 

"B-but, seonsaengnim! Can't you please take pity on us? At least, give the homework tomorrow," I whined. Oops, wrong move. Ms. UEE just smirked wider and began to pass around some paper.

"That's a good idea. Why don't you give this destinated homework tomorrow, and not on wednesday as I had planned?"

 

 

"NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOO . . . . "

"Sulli-ah~. . . "

 

 

"Ehehe, seonsaengnim . . . . please . . . . That's not what I meant!!!" I exclaimed.

"No buts. Do this homework and by tomorrow pass it on, arasso?" Ms. UEE continued on like I haven't just screamed. 

 

"But . . . b-but . . . "

"Yah, Sulli . . . "

 

 

"But seonsaengnim!" another voice yelled and Ms.UEE held up her hand.

"I said no buts! This isn't the time to be lazy!"

 

 

"Hmm . . . . aniyooooo . . . ."

"Yah, wake up you lazy bum. "

 

 

The entire class, yes including me, sighed in defeat and turned to look at the paper in front of them. Oh yeah. I almost forgot. Ms. UEE is our Math teacher. MATH. SO OUR HOMEWORK IS . . . . ABOUT . . . . 

 

 

"NOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

"CHOI JINRI, STOP SCREAMING AND WAKE UP!"

 

 

My eyes opened and I instinctively sat straight up, only to get my head bump hard with a hard something. And man, did it hurt. 

"OUCH!"

"OW! Yah, why did you get up so fast?!" 

 

I turned to look at the source of the voice and saw Krystal massaging her forehead with a hand. 

"Why are you there?" I retorted as I also massaged my forehead.

Krystal rolled her eyes playfully as she knocked my head. "Waking you up, what else?"

I pouted. "Isn't it too early?"

She glanced back at me as she scrolled through her phone. "In case you forgot, it's the first day of school."

"Ahh, it's the first day of . . . MWO?!" I exclaimed and Krystal covered her ears with her hands.

"Aish, stop screaming so loud!" she said. Omona . . . . it completely slippped from my mind! And my dream . . . my dream . . . . 

"Waaaaaah!" I pretended to cry and Krystal immediately looked up to me.

"Ehh? Yah, Sulli, gwenchana?"

"Ddungie, I had a bad dream!" I said, calling her by the nickname I created for her as I shook her arm. Krystal's true name is Jung Soo Jung but people since middle school had called her Krystal so she got used to it. But as for me . . . keke, I created another nickname for her!

"Ah, let me guess . . . it's about homework, isn't it?" She smirked.

"Yah, how did you know?"

"You were sleep-talking," she simply said, not looking up from her phone.

"Waaaaah!" I exclaimed as I fell back down on the bed, "That's it! I'm skipping classes!"

"Aish, what are you saying, come on, dress up and take a bath! Vic-umma already laid out your uniform, don't let her effort go to waste!" Krystal exclaimed and began to drag me by the feet.

"Speaking of whom, where's Vic-umma and Luna-unnie?" I said, looking up for a moment. Victoria, Luna, Krystal and I were dormmates and friends ever since middle school. We arrived a couple of weeks earlier so we could still get the dorm rooms that could house up to five people. See how close we are? Kekeke.

"They're already downstairs for breakfast. Now come on and get your lazy up if you wanna eat!" She replied, pausing for a moment to answer before dragging me again.

"WAAAAAAAAH!"

 


 

AMBER'S POV

 

"You got your clothes?"

"Yep."

"How about your toiletries?"

"Yep."

"Your uniform?"

"Yep."

"School supplies?"

"Yep."

"Wait a minute, do you have a bikini?"

"MWORAGU?"

"Wae?"

"Why would I need one?!" I shouted and the taxi driver behind the wheels stifled a laugh. I glared at the ajusshi's head before turning back to my sister with my arms crossed over my chest.

"What if you need one?" she retorted back as she looked up from her checklist, "Oh come on, it's just for emergency purposes you know?"

"That would never be in my Emergency Kit, if ever," I said as I covered my face with my hands.

"Fine, fine, since you insist," Jackie said, " . . . I guess that's about it. We're done!"

"Oh, good," I sighed in relief as I looked out the window. My sister's been at it for, I don't know, hours, just checking if I didn't leave anything out. Even if I'm excited for today, I packed my things up well. I couldn't contain my excitement as the taxi the corner and trees and some buildings began to appear on my line of vision. This is it. Only a few more meters and I'll be there. 

"Excited, aren't we?" Jackie smirked as I practically bounced in my seat.

"You bet, unnie!" I said and she ruffled my hair.

"Yah . . ." I softly reprimanded as I smoothed my hair out.

"I'm gonna visit you here every week," she said with a determined expression.

"No, I'm gonna visit you," I said, looking back at her.

"If you had the time," she said, "you'll be busy before you know it. But all that sweat and effort will be rewarded in the end, yeah?"

I nodded. I hope so. It's been my dream to become a singer someday, and my entire family knows of this one, too. As all people know, a lot of well-known artists are graduates of Shinhwa Academy of Arts and Music and studying there is like climbing up a 10-foot long ladder to reach a 20-foot long building. It's that important in helping me reach my dreams. 

"Oh, we're here!" she exclaimed and I turned to the window just as the taxi rolled to a stop by a huge gate and a boom barrier began to descend. My sister informed the guard of our purpose but everything she said was a blur. I couldn't quite comprehend anything well as my heart thudded in my chest vigorously. This is it. Only a few more seconds and my journey in this school will start.

Before I knew it, the boom barrier began to ascend and the taxi began to move again. In my anxiety, I began twisting my skirt in my hands. Yes you heard it. SKIRT. I AM IN A FREAKING SKIRT. Luckily though, it doesn't reach above mid-thigh and brushes only by my knees but I still have to wear a skirt! Can you imagine me wearing one? No? Oh, good.

I looked out the window and marveled at the sight of trees and grass and flowers adorning the patches of earth near the buildings. Yes, buildings. Numerous buildings. I could only count up to eight huge buildings due to the fact that most of them hid the other ones from my view. I could also see some students and cars making their way around the establishments and my excitement was immediately peppered with nervousness. I felt even more anxious every passing second.

"Are you ready?" Jackie asked as the taxi came to a stop in front of what I can assume is the main building.

I my suddenly dry lips to speak, but I just eventually settled for a nod. We both got out of the car as the taxi driver helped us get my luggae from the trunk of the car. I slung my backpack to one shoulder and tucked my skateboard under an arm as I faced my suddenly teary-eyed sister.

"Yah, gwenchana?" I asked and she suddenly engulfed me in a tight hug.

"Yah, be a good girl, arasso? And study well! Put your studies first before love!" she cried out.

"Aish, you're talking nonsense, unnie. Who said I'll put love first before my own dreams? Yah . . . you're the older than me and yet you're the one who's crying like a baby," I replied as I hugged her back.

"Shut up, you," she laughed then drew back. "Aigoo, I'm ruining your uniform. Go now, Amber, you might be late. Enjoy your stay, huh?"

"You're saying that as if I'm going back to America right now. We're only a few kilometers apart now, not hundreds of miles like before," I exclaimed and she smiled. 

"As your sister, I should be worried. Anyway, go now, you don't want to be late on your first day," Jackie said as I thanked the Ajusshi driver when he placed my luggage beside me.

"Arasso. You should go now, too. Annyeong!" I said, stepping back as she entered the cab.

"Annyeong," she replied, sticking her hand out of the window to wave at me. I waved back at her as I stood there, watching the taxi pull out from the sidewalk and back to the huge gates. I kept waving until the vehicle grew smaller and smaller and smaller.

I sighed as I turned to the big building in front of me and my stomach began to knot itself in nervousness and excitement again.

"Amber Liu, fighting!" I whispered as I pumped my fist and entered it, dragging my suitcase along.

 


SULLI’S POV

“Ahh, where are those two . . .” I wondered out loud as I looked around the half-empty cafeteria. After a lot of dragging and some choice threats from Krystal, I was finally convinced to dress up and go to school. Well, technically, I’m already in the school since our dorm is connected to the music building, but you know what I mean. So I was saying, where are Victoria and Luna unnie . . . I thought they had their breakfast . . . hmm, they must’ve finished already.

I looked over at Krystal who is currently in the line to get some food. Aigoo, I’m getting hungry.

“Uhh, excuse me?” a voice asked and I looked up with a smile on my face. Then I blinked. Standing before me is a . . . err, how do I say it . . . let’s just say that the person looks androgynous. He or she (well but I guess she’s a girl since she’s wearing the girls’ uniform) has a backpack slung over a shoulder with a skateboard under an arm and a huge luggage behind her.

“Dae?” I asked.

“Do you know where the Ladies’ Dormitory is?” she asked and I nodded.

“Ah, ne. Do you want me to walk you there?” I asked and she nodded gratefully, “What’s your name, by the way?”

“Ah, I’m Amber Liu. You can call me Amber,” she said, reaching for a handshake before seeming to catch herself and just settled for a bow. I laughed.

“It’s fine,” I said, reaching for her hand and shaking it, “I’m Choi Jinri by the way, but people call me Sulli. It seems like you’re not from Korea.”

“Ahh, ne,” Amber said, ruffling her hair sheepishly, “I’m actually American. Well, Taiwanese-American. I just arrived here in Seoul to study in this school.”

“Omo! Then you and Krystal can go along well! She’s also American! Well, half-American,” I replied excitedly just as as Krystal walked back with two trays.

“Yah, Krystal, I’m just going to show her to the Ladies’ Dorm. She’s Amber by the way, and she’s from America,” I said, introducing them to each other.

“Annyeong Hasseyo, I’m Jung Soo Jung but people call me Krystal. And hey, for an American, you have a pretty good Korean diction,” Krystal greeted as I helped her place the trays on the table.

“I’m Amber. And thanks for that,” Amber smiled.

"If you ever have trouble with your Korean, you can always ask me for help!" Krystal added and Amber nodded. 

“Yah, Sulli, help her to the dorm so the three of us can eat,” Krystal said, nudging me with her elbow.

“Ah, komawo but I’m fine, I already ate before I arrived here,” Amber said.

“See you in a bit, Ddungie!” I said as Amber and I walked out of the cafeteria, with me carrying her backpack so she can be relieved of the weight.

“So, what would you be focusing on? Music or Arts?” I asked.

“It’ll be music. I’ve wanted to become a singer since forever. How about you?” Amber replied.

“Arts, theatre, specifically,” I said as we walked up a flight of stairs, “But I always wanted to try music out, too.”

Truth is, I chose to specialize in Arts since I had an experience in acting. Well, experiences. I have been acting ever since I was a child, and have starred in some movies like Punch Lady, where I had a minor role. Nonetheless, I have loved acting ever since my first project keke.

There was silence for a while as I thought over the question that I wanted to ask since I saw her, but I thought she might be insulted if I do.

“You’re a girl, right?” I blurted out.

You and your mindless, babbling mouth, Choi Jinri!

She laughed. “Don’t worry, I’m 100% female. Though I get those kind of questions a lot, seeing that I’m tomboyish.”

I found myself laughing along, mostly with relief. “Oh wait a minute, what room are you in?”

“Room 505.”

I stopped in my tracks then turned to her. Did I hear that right? She also turned to me, but with a confused expression on her face. “Sulli-sshi, gwenchana?”

“Room 505?” I confirmed. Please say no, please say no, please say no . . .

“Ne,” Amber answered, still confused at my reaction. Well, you can’t blame her, because this is so absurd. Room 505? But that’s . . .

“Unnie . . . “ I began, looking at her. She must’ve seen my troubled expression because she paid attention immediately.

“That’s not in the Ladies’ Dorm.”

“Eh?” she asked, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

“It’s in the Men’s Dorm.”

“MWO?!”


 

A/N: Ohohohoho. What have we here? Room 505 is in the Men's Dorm? And Amber's room is there? But how could that be? :)