Chapter 8

Love You, Mr. Ex-Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 8: MOON YOUNGJAE! YOU BETTER RUN NOW!

 

Am I imagining things or are my eyes playing tricks on me? Daehyun thought to himself as his eyes were glued to the person who was standing in front of him. He was totally stunned for witnessing the most beautiful creature he had ever seen before his own eyes. True, he had been Jongup’s bodyguard for five days already but apart from the incident whereby he was bumped and topped by Jongup and daily meetings for the job he was currently carrying, he never realized how cute and beautiful the Moonbaby was.


On the other hand, Jongup stood at the frame door while tilting his head to the side and blinking his eyes cutely. He looked adorable as always though… or maybe more than words could ever describe his appearance. Youngjae had done something that no one could ever resist himself/herself from admiring how loveable the maknae was looking now. Jongup’s bang which was almost covering his right eyes was tied a little bit to the right side of his head and hung like a short pony-tail (apple hairstyle). Not to mention, his now golden blonde hair was highlighted here and there with green color and it really did suit Jongup perfectly.


Daehyun blinked his eyes and cleared his throat. He internally scolded himself for staring at Jongup longer than he should do. However, he could not take his gaze away from looking at the maknae as if Jongup would disappear into thin air if he blinked his eyes once. His heart unconsciously started to thump hard against his chest and beat irregularly at the fast rate. He could now feel this ‘butterflies in stomach’ feelings, making him nervous and all sort of feelings being mixed.


“Gupbaby! Is that Chan hyung coming home?” Youngjae’s voice could be heard in the huge house.


Upon hearing that voice, Daehyun got startled and being pulled back from his trance. He turned his eyes to everywhere but Jongup. He instantly reminded himself that he was just an ordinary bodyguard who needed money for a living. He could not let himself being drowned into the sea of love. He could not let himself falling for anyone. He could not let anyone had his heart. He just… could not let all of that happen. He thought that he did not deserve it. Andwae! JUNG DAEHYUN, stop whatever you’re thinking right here right now. You sure don’t want to regret later, so just stop having all these unnecessary feelings, ara? It’s not important at all; remember there’s something more important than this.


“Aniyo, Jae hyung! It’s not Chan hyung!” Jongup turned his body to yell back at Youngjae who was currently descending the staircase hurriedly. The latter then quickly pace to the door but unfortunate for his case, being the ever clumsy guy in the house he was, he accidentally tripped and instantly knew that he was about to feel the hard wooden floor for the umpteenth time. Oh please God, not the face! He pleaded.


“Jae hyung, watch out!”


Youngjae had his eyes closed tight as he waited for the impact of the floor but he felt none. Instead, he felt two strong arms around him and a warm broad chest. He slowly opened his eyes and tried to register what or who just saved him from falling to the ground, not to mention face first. Yes, he was about to see who was at the door when he unintentionally tripped over the door mattress. He immediately recomposed and released himself from the firm hold.


“Hyung? Gwenchannayo?” Jongup asked, voice filled with concern and worry. He helped his hyung to stand properly on his feet, thanks to Daehyun who reacted fast and saved his hyung’s handsome face from meeting the floor. He totally did not expect that ‘Youngjae’s condition’ would happened at that very particular time and left him dumbfounded while his hand still holding the doorknob. He just managed to exclaim a warning, to his dismay.


“Ne, gwenchanna. Wait, my face?” Youngjae’s hands quickly made their ways to his face, checking for any unwanted bruises or cut.


“Perfectly fine, hyung.”


“Right, I never got to kiss the floor at the first place.” Youngjae sighed in relief. He then eyed the person who was still at the doorway. His eyes almost bulged out from their sockets seeing the gorgeous man who was bowing his head towards him and a sincere smile appeared on his lips. In return, Youngjae bowed his head too and offered his hand for a handshake which immediately taken by Daehyun. Omona, am I doing the right thing for hiring him as Gupbaby’s bodyguard? He would look perfect if he were a model!


“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Jung Daehyun.” Daehyun introduced himself to Jongup’s ‘Jae hyung’.


“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Youngjae. Moon Youngjae.”


“Nice meeting you in person, Master Youngjae.” Daehyun said while smiling dazzlingly which made the Moon brothers to not being able to blink their eyes at the moment. Yes, it was the first time for Jongup as well as Youngjae (obviously) to see that sight. Jongup never thought that Daehyun actually had such an infamous killer smile that would make people stunned just by looking at it. Could not blame him though as he did not get the chance to see it before. It was not that he'd always look at Daehyun all the time when they were together in classes. I must admit what Kyungsoo’s been saying is right.


“Please, come in.” Youngjae politely invited Daehyun and gestured his hand towards the living room. The latter followed Youngjae’s steps and had himself sat comfortably on the super comfy sofa, across from Youngjae.


“Daehyun hyung, what would you like to drink?” Jongup was on his way to the kitchen to continue eating his breakfast, so he thought maybe he could make something for the guest. At the same time, he could not stop himself from wondering why Daehyun was there in the first place, it was Saturday for crying out loud. If he was not mistaken, Daehyun only worked on weekdays. Seriously, he was totally clueless about his hyung’s plan for that day.


“Erm, thanks but no thanks.”


“Are you sure?” Youngjae interrupted.


“Yes.” Daehyun shortly replied.


“Okay, I’ll just be in the kitchen if you guys need anything then.” Jongup shrugged his shoulder and retreated to the kitchen.


“So, Daehyun-s… Eh, can I ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter