Why

Five W's

"Where have I gone wrong?"

Leo looked up at the ceiling and blinked his lifeless charcoal orbs. His breathing was awfully unstable as he uncontrollably trembled. He was sure that he wasn't tired nor cold, yet his body was trembling for some unknown reasons. He was curled up into a ball in a corner.

His head was clouded by numerous questions.

Questions rooting up from the dreadful past.

Tears wanted to fall down his souless-like eyes, but no, his body didn't cooperate. Somehow, a few rimmed on the corner but never rolled down. It was painful that he actually forced himself to release those pain through crying, which he eventually failed in doing so.

Before he knew it, he has fallen down on the floor. 

His eyes were glued on the inky-black nothingness in front of him, only the sound of his breathing audible. He blinked a few times, even closing his eyes time to time. It didn't give any difference though, the darkness in front of him and the darkness he sees when he closes his eyes were similar. It was suffocating, yes, but he got used to it.

Painfully got used to it.

The thoughts were running in his head endlessly. It filled his aching head. He wanted the voices to stop, but no, they were obviously against it. It was driving Leo to the edge of insanity.

It was torture.

It was something Leo hated.

You should sleep.

"No." Leo denied, shaking his head slowly, dazed. "I'm not sleepy."

You're just saying that. Look at you, you're developing those deep dark circles, Jung Taekwoon

Leo slowly blinked before he his dry, chapped lips. He looks around, slowly standing up and roaming the place once again. He carefully picks up his walking pace, only to find himself walking around in circles. His place was dimly lit, cold. Great.

Not really.

The voices didn't stop haunting him. They'll speak to him every single time.

It was painful.

It was agonizing.

Definitely something that no one would like to feel.

Leo.

"Keep quiet." Leo begged, falling on his knees, gasping for air. For a while there, he felt his chest get heavy or some sort. "Keep quiet, that's an order. I beg of you, just keep quiet. Just keep–"

Listen, Taek

"Quiet!" Leo practically screeches out, eyes tightly shut. Finally, the voices simmered down, giving the suffering man some peace at last. Leo slowly opens his once shut eyes, seeing the nothingness.

Sceneries hurriedly flashed before his eyes once the silence rose up. Leo wasn't even sure which hurt more.

The painful backstory scenes.

Or his voice.

 

 

Why?

Why did you love?

Why did you in the first place?

Dusk was coming.

It was six-twenty sharp.

Nothing but an atmosphere filled with anger felt.

Mixing with it were the agonizing screams two fury-filled men shared.

"How can you do this to me? After all we've been through?!" an angry Leo shouted as he gripped on Hakyeon's shoulders tightly, shaking him as if it will help to answer his flooding questions. "You... you turned your back and all! How can you–"

"Why can't you shut your mouth for a few seconds and listen?" Hakyeon shouted back, brows furrowed. "Please, Taek, listen–"

No.

They were all useless.

All of Hakyeon's explanation had gone to waste. Leo was apparently "deaf" to his explanations. Leo was swallowed in his own fury. Fury over what Hakyeon had committed. All he saw was pure red anger. 

Red anger.

"After all we've been through, how can you?!" Leo continued screaming, shaking the latter vigurously. "How, Hakyeon? How?!"

"Will you please listen?" Hakyeon growled, trying to escape Leo's tight grip. "Please, I beg of you. Listen to me for just a minute–"

"No! You're just gonna mess up my head again, Hakyeon! You're going to try manipulate me with lies and lies and more lies." Leo cried out. "Where did I lack things? Where did I go wrong for you to do such thing?!"

"Leo, you didn't." Hakyeon whimpered, definitely intimidated by Leo's sudden aura. "Look, if you'd just listen to me, everything will be crystal clear–"

Lies.

They're all lies.

Hakyeon won't be clearing things up.

Leo will just end up getting more and more confused.

"No." Leo hissed, loosening his grip this time. Noticing this, Hakyeon took the chance and escaped from Leo, stepping back and glaring at him. 

"If you refuse to listen, fine." Hakyeon breathed out hastily as he slowly turns his back, walking further and further away from the speechless Leo, whose eyes were fixed on him. Hakyeon knew it, but like what he always tells himself: "don't turn back". 

But just as he was about to walk towards the horizon, he feels Leo's tight grip around his wrist again.

"Let go! We are over, Taekwoon! Over!" Hakyeon angrily cries out, pulling his arm back, tyring to escape Leo's tight grip once again. "If you can't listen to me, then we might as well end this!"

"After everything you're ending all? Unbelievable, Hakyeon! Unbelievable!" Leo cried out.

"I won't leave if you can just listen!"

"Listen to what? More lies?–"

"See? You're not listening!" Hakyeon cried out in an agonized tone. "I am quite sure that things won't work out if we're like this. Let's just end it for the good of all. Goodbye."

Leo felt anger slowly consume him. It was just unfair. He felt betrayed, at the same time, why does Hakyeon make him look like a bad guy here? He's the victim, for crying out loud.

Acting upon reflexes, the fury-filled man grabbed hold of Hakyeon's shoulder, forcing him to face him once again. This time, just before Leo can place his own lips on Hakyeon's, he felt a strong push, making him hit the wall. Next thing he felt was a sharp slap on his left cheek, leaving a red mark on that place.

His charcoal orbs met Hakyeon's. 

They conveyed something similar to sorrow and fury. Somewhat a mixture of both.

And it was painful to see.

"Leo." Hakyeon sobbed, tears falling down his cheeks. His lips were moving but Leo wasn't capable of processing what the latter uttered, his head clouded with numerous questions that confused him more and more. Before he knew it, Hakyeon had turned his back at him, walking away and exiting through the door, leaving Leo alone in the room.

Leo fell on his knees, crying.

He was nothing but a weeping mess. 

Broken.

Hurt.

 

 

Leo snapped back to reality, only to see where he was. 

Into the sad, broken life he was in.

A question came running back to him though.

"Why did you love?"

Now that he's thought of it... was the question ever answered?

"Was it?" he blinked.

Was it?

It was, remember?

Leo felt a tear escape his left eye as he recalled Hakyeon's answer. The answer was given that exact time he was "deaf" of his voice. The time he locked eyes with him but was incapable of hearing his answer.

"Why did you love?"

"Why did you in the first place, Hakyeon?" Leo breathed out. Because I can't let you feel the pain alone.