What

Five W's

Leo was extremely tired today.

He can clearly hear the heavy pouring of the rain. The room was cold, somewhat dimly lit. He was too tired to mind himself from falling on the safety of the floor, curling up into a ball afterwards. 

His eyes were fixed onto the nothingness before him. His mind was surprisngly quiet, surprisingly blank. It was something he doesn't experience every now and then, and most often, it makes him feel relieved. It was somewhat... good? 

Then, in a split second, it begins haunting him again.

He keeps on hearing his voice over and over again. The torutre begins for this day.

Again and again, Hakyeon's voice kept on rewinding in his head, building up this unbearable agony deep within him. Leo could only roll around, eyes shut close in hopes that he can block that voice out of his head. He rolled here and there, tried standing up only to fall back down to the floor. His legs felt surprisingly weak.

Possibly because he was tired for some reason.

"Stop." he breathes out, eyes still shut tight. "Please, stop."

Remember what I taught you before, Taek?

"Stop, I beg of you." Leo kept on pleading, his breath hitching and his body uncontrollably twitching. "... Please–"

Listen to me, calm down and remember. What have I taught you before, hm?

Leo takes a hold of the situation, sitting up and taking small gasps of air. It felt as if the air was getting thicker again. Slowly, he opened his heavy lids and saw how blury his visions were, no thanks to the tears that were slowly pooling in his eyes. Unable to hold them back any longer, the tears that showed his pain rolled down his flushed pink cheeks. Soft sobs merged with the sound of the rain.

Remember...

"... I don't know what to remember anymore." Leo shakily breathed out as he shut his eyes close again. "I get hurt with the things I recall. I don't know anymore–"

What did I teach you before? Do you remember?

"... I am Jung Taekwoon." he breathed out. "I am Jung Leo... and you were the one who gave me such name because I somewhat r-resembled a lion, am I right?"

Leo

"Stop calling me that." he breathed out, shutting his eyes close. 

The air was getting thicker again. The walls were slowly closing on him. It was painfully suffocating that he wished that the haunting memories spared him at least for a day. It was too much to handle. He begged for mercy but as if the memories made fun of him, they spared him not. 

I always loved your honey-like voice. Can you sing to me?

Leo slowly opened his heavy eyelids, tears on the rims of his eyes. They threatened to roll down again but thankfully, they were still those kinds that can be held back. His lips trembled as he slowly opened them, letting out a shaky and inaudible lullaby. His vision was getting blurry again, reasons of such either being the fatigue he felt or because of the tears that he continuously blinked away.

Either or, he successfully lets out a soft lullaby. He was surprised; when was the last time he sang?

Slowly, he closed those heavy eyes of his again, drifting off to his corrupted dreamland.

 

 

What.

What did you love?

That question. Leo saw how that memory flashed before his eyes. He saw it.

It was sunny that day. The birds chirpped a lovely tune, the leaves dancing with the wind's gentle melody. Everyone was buzzing here and there, cars honking and numerous words spilling out people's lips. It was another typical busy day in Seoul.

But that wasn't a hinder at all.

With a bouquet of the reddest roses, Ken slowly made his way towards the towering black gates, hesitating to ring the doorbell. When he managed to do so, it didn't even take a minute when he sees a fashionably clothed Hakyeon dart out of the wood-brown colored doors. Hakyeon decided to wear something comfortable yet fashionable this time: a checkered long-sleeved top, ash gray colored pants matched with a shades perfectly placed on his chocolate-brown hair. His eyes glimmered as he saw his lover outside their residence.

"You look refined today." Hakyeon joked, inspecting the other. The bouquet of flowers caught his attention and a small smile filled his fair face. "They're lovely!" he grinned, pointing at the bouquet.

"Ah, they're for you." he smiled, offering the flowers to the tanned male. Once again, Hakyeon giggles and shakes his head as he received it so. 

"You didn't need to, but I gladly accept." Hakyeon smiled as he ran back inside his house to leave the bouquet in somewhere safe before he dashes out again, this time, holding Ken's hand. "Have you sorted out are to-go list, Jaehwan?" he asks.

"Of course I did." Ken pouts.

Together, hand in hand, the two made their way to the city, starting their "well-planned" first date.

It's been months since Hakyeon met Ken. They met somewhere in Seoul and became really good friends. They had lots of differences in the start but soon, similarities rose. They kind of started roughly but soon, things flowed according to their liking and here they were, an official couple. 

Ken asked Hakyeon out first and thank goodness, the bronze-skinned male had been feeling mutual to the other. Ken and Hakyeon were seemingly inseperable, always being near each other's sides. Ken can be quite protective over the feminine-looking male, and Hakyeon can be quite a troublemaker so things were just tough for the new couple. Neverthless, their love was strong and bonded.

Today was the day the two fantasized over and over again: their first date. Ken suggested it weeks ago and now, they're actually on to it. Add the fact that the setting they were in was perfect! The sun shone brightly, not a cloud in the sky to be seen. The gentle wind brushed onto their faces, the birds chirpped happily, just perfect.

Ken isn't much of a "skin-ship" person, so holding hands with Hakyeon can be quite uncomfortable and difficult. The latter knew this well so he would let go every now and then, then reconnect their hands in secret.

The date consisted of going to cafes, stopping by some bookstores to read and purchase a few interesting light novels, running over some pet stores and adoring how adorable those little puppies were, trying on a few clothes Hakyeon would pick out every now and then, and last but not least...

A romantic walk in the park.

Still holding hands, the couple walked around aimlessly, simply enjoying the time they had together. They saw a few couples around them, riding couple bikes, sitting down the benches and chatting about nonsense stuff, walking around and playing random games. Ken is aware that Hakyeon loved parks due to the calming atmosphere it gave out. 

The couple would exchange stories every now and then. They talk about these and those, looking here and there. It was definitely perfect that Hakyeon can't ask for more. Ken simply loved having the latter beside him, constantly pulling him close. 

Secretly, Hakyeon eyed his boyfriend. Ken was smiling, looking around.

Ken's the loving type.

He's an epitome of what you call "perfection". He's what Hakyeon calls as "best friend" but obviously, he's something much more than that. After they met and  decided to keep their connection strong, Hakyeon saw how independent and strong the latter can be. He witnessed how Ken supported a few friends of his that went through harsh break-ups, giving them advice what to do with both love and life. He's caring and loving, extremely protective to those he cares for the the most.

His personality, humor, taste. They was all there.

He and him were almost perfect, no, not almost, definitely perfect.

Both of them embodied both love and youth. They were definitely the perfect match.

He loved how Ken would stand up for him at times of difficulty, how they remained this strong tie of honesty and trust in between them. No secrets, no arguements, hundred percent trust. It worked out, thanks to those three rules they both agreed to. Now?

They can assure it, they are the happiest.

"Jaehwan-ah." Hakyeon softly calls out, grabbing the other's attention.

"Yes?"

"Let's last long, okay?"

"Of course!" Ken nods, tightening his hold on Hakyeon's hand as they continued strolling around the park. The day was slowly withering away, but in their perspective, time was somewhat frozen in their hands.

Eptiome of perfection. Hakyeon definitely loved it.