Last

Five W's

How long has it been since that torturous day?

Days?

Probably months?

No...

Years. Years had passed since he finally set foot off the torturous cell he's been residing in for some time. 

And now, Leo was ready to face reality once again, this time, in his right thinking. He was no longer insane. After the visit Hakyeon gave him before, he slowly defeated insanity, climbing back up to sanity and finally opening his eyes to reality. The voices stopped haunting him, the memories stopped showing.  Everything ceased down.

And before he knew it, Leo slowly recovered. He was transfered to different cells as soon as the men in white noticed that he was slowly being cured. He was brought to a cell with a few specialized safety materials. When they saw that Leo acted normally, they decided to put him off the straight jacket. 

Sooner or later, after more observations and tests, the facility decided to let Leo free.

A few relatives fetched him and welcomed him back in their arms as he walked out of the facility. 

He was now out.

He was cured.

Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months and months morphed into years. It's been years now since Leo started all over again, as a normal and sane man. He lived a normal life, had a normal job, everything was going normal so far.

He earned money.

Hung out with a few friends, new and old.

Spent times with relatives.

Everything was going well.

Memories were finally pushed aside as Leo slowly moved on. He met new people, he went to different places, everything that he once left was now being continued. He was now continuing things he once left. 

Things were going smoothly.

Or so that's what he thought.

Nothing in this world goes perfectly all the time.

 

 

As the day came closer to end, Leo's steps seemed heavier. 

Why?

He just got fired from his job earlier this day. It was something that jumped out of no where but being an obedient and calm guy he was, he simply accepted his fate and hurriedly went off, heading back home. 

Once he did, he sits down the couch and watches a few shows in the television.

No, still didn't put his mind off.

He tried distracting himself with a few cups of coffee and reading a few books.  No, it still wasn't enough.

Maybe a drink will pull his mind off?

Yeah, maybe that's it.

Hurriedly, he changes into those stylish clothes he kept for a while. It suited the atmosphere well, and him of course. After fixing a few strands of his hair, he hurried out of his house and walked down the buzzing alley.

This silent, cold-looking man heads towards this specific, exclusive-looking night bar having a few distance from his residence. It was only in a walking distance-like distance so Leo found no difficulty about it. 

Arriving there, Leo noticed it was already dusk.

Like he'd care, right?

Slowly, he heads towards the drinking aisle, taking a seat down and ordering a glass of this drink. The bartender complies easily and gives him his order in a few seconds. Leo easily drank it down, ordering another one.

And another.

And another.

Until he notices that he's drank a few bottles of liquor. Sadly, he had high alcohol tolerance so him being drunk has 5% coming true alone. No matter how much alcohol he drank, it only burned his throat but didn't make him drunk, not even a bit.

"Sir, I think you've had enough." the worried bartender softly said.

"Do I look like I care? No, right? Now, give me another bottle." Leo growled, only to make the the bartender hesitantly hand him another bottle. Leo easily gulped this down.

His eyes scanned the place.

It was dimly lit.

Everyone was busy with their own things: laughing, giggling, chatting, dancing like there's no tomorrow and drinking. He hears lots of noises such as laughter, giggles, voices, footsteps.

Footsteps.

He was sure that this particular sound of footsteps were coming closer to him. Perhaps it's just something his intoxicated head was doing to him? Was it his imagination again?

He looks around the bar again.

This was the exact same place he met Hakyeon. He slowly recalled and different from his agonized expressions, he softly smiled upon recalling them once again. It hurt him no more. It was a thing of a past now and he's finally moved on.

Though at some times, he did regret wasting all those times in wrong doings. He could've corrected them if time was in his hands, if he could control time. He'd gladly turn it back to that day.

"Hakyeon." he breathes out. "I wonder how you're doing now."

As he chugged the liquor down with ease, he hears the seat next to him creak and a rather familiar-looking figure sat beside him. This chocolate-brown headed lad wore a loose gray shirt, his hair purposely messed up as a style. "The usual please." the latter said.

Leo's eyes widened.

That voice was rather creepishly familiar.

Hesitating to look beside, Leo slowly turned his head. 

And he was right.

His eyes widened, his jaw fell, his heart seemingly stopped beating. Time felt to have been frozen as Leo saw this guy beside him.

The man he loved the most, this feminine-looking, angel-like,  tanned male. 

"Hakyeon?" Leo gasped softly, mouth ajar.

Hakyeon, with his glimmering charcoal orbs, slowly turned his head around and flashed a soft and sweet smile. His eyes scanned the bottles in front of Leo and lets out a chuckle. "Having a bad day, I suppose?" he asked with his honey-like voice. Words were held back as Leo sat there, definitely dumbfounded.

He was definite that this is a real Hakyeon sitting right next to him.

This was no figment of his broken fantasies.

Hakyeon was really sitting next to him, smiling.

"Hello? Are you mute?" Hakyeon asked, making Leo snap back to reality. Not knowing what to answer, Leo gulped down a lump in his throat before he turned his head away and continued gulping the liquor down, still unsure what was happening.

"I suppose you are." Hakyeon laughed. "Suppose we can talk about it, I'm Cha Hakyeon. What's your name?"

The next words that spilled out the tanned male made Leo jolt and turn his head back at Hakyeon.

"Why are you introducing yourself again?" Leo asked, confused. He was sure that this isn't the first time Hakyeon and he met, right?

"I am quite sure that we've never seen each other, sir." Hakyeon laughed, eyeing the glass in his own hands. Sipping a few , Hakyeon turns back at Leo and smiles. "So, your name is?"

Leo gulped. His eyes turned to the bartender and with his nearly inaudible voice, he asks a rather "weird" question. "What date is it today?" he asks, trying his best not to stutter. Leo was rather sure that today was the eighteenth day of August, year 2017.

The bartender lets out a judging look before he coughs and answers his question.

"Eighteenth of August, sir." the bartender laughed.

"Year?"

"Year?"

"Year what, you idiot?"

"I should be the one telling that to you, drunk sir." the bartender continues to chuckle. "But well, I must answer your question, right? It's year–"

"Year 2014."

2014?

Leo's heart skipped beats. He was definite that he was living in the year 2017. 

2014? That's three years back! And time travelling is impossible too.

Wait–

He looked at Hakyeon again and at his surroundings. It all looked the samethree years back then, nothing changed. He looks at the bartender and notices that he hasn't aged a bit! He still looked the same three years back then.

Hakyeon should've at least grown or matured physically but no, he was the same.

Leo saw his reflection.

He looked the same three years back then as well.

"You okay?" he hears Hakyeon ask, snapping his finger in front of his face. "Hello? Are you okay? Did you have too much liquor this time?" he blinks worriedly.

It then hits Leo.

He wasn't brought back in time.

Time was repeating. Over and over again.

Like a loop.

A time loop.

He was back to that very day he met Hakyeon. He's trapped in a time loop and this time.

"Yeah, I'm okay." Leo nods, flashing a reassuring smile at the latter. 

He's not committing the same mistakes back then.

It's another chance, and this is the last.


 

Author's Note:

OOOOOOOOOOHHHH. FINALLY DONE. /wipes non existent sweat/ 
School's starting soon now, lovelies, but I'm still continuing in the "writing" path. In fact, I'm already having a new story in mind. Along with this, Plan 932X: Overdosed Voodoo Doll will be continuously updated. 

 

So, guys and gals, this new story of mine will be starting sooner or later. I'll posting a poll on what group I should feature next. Stay tuned, you lovely creatures. 

 

For now, this is the end. Thank you for reading!