New position

The Comfort

Pie went back to the office thirty minutes early the next morning.  She went to her new office, it was huge, five times bigger than her old office.  Her things were already well arranged and she had her own television and own comfort room.  She had a living room inside her office.  Pie read the memorandum piled on the tray beside her table.

               “Good morning, ma’am.”  Someone at the door.

               “Yes?”

               “I’m Denise, your secretary.”

               “Wow, now I have my own secretary?”

               Denise nodded.  “ Yes, the HR hired me yesterday and the CEO called and there will be a meeting in 10 am at the CEO office with the board.”

               “Okay, thank you.”

               “Is there something you want me to do?  Coffee?”

               “None for now.”

               “Okay, ma’am.”  Denise left.

 

               Pie continued read the memorandum.  Her office friends came to her office.

               “Wow! Nice office sis! Aw, I mean, ma’am.”

               “We’re still in a team and we’re friends.  Please don’t call me ma’am.”

               “If that’s your wish, okay Pie.  Let’s celebrate after work, what do you think?”

               “Okay, after work.”

               “See you later, sis.  Bye-bye!”  Her friend left the office.

              

Pie continued read the memorandum again.  Then she saw the delivery man with bundle of roses just went out from the elevator.  Pie stood up and opened the door to wait for the delivery man to come to her.

 

               “Good morning ma’am.  Flowers for you.” The delivery man greeted.

               “Please sign the paper, Denise.”  Pie asked her secretary.

               Her secretary signed the paper and handed the flowers.

               “Thank you ma’am.” The delivery man left.

               “Ma’am, I will put these flowers inside.  Where do you want to put this ma’am?”

               “Just put on my table.  Thank you.”

               “There’s a note ma’am, do you want to read it?”

               “Give me that note.”

               “Here it is ma’am.”  Her secretary gave the note to Pie.

               Pie opened the envelope,

“There’s a gift certificate under the flowers, enjoy that with your friends.

                                                                                                                        -KCB”

               Pie surprised about the initials. “Wow, this will be the clue but still no idea.”  She shook her head.

               “Ma’am, I think it’s time to go for the meeting.”  Her secretary smiled.

               “Oh yes, I almost forgot. Thank you for reminding me, Denise.”

               “That’s my job, ma’am.”

               Pie put the note in her bag and took her bag and went to the CEO office.

 

               The Board was already at the CEO office chatting with each other on the oval table.  Pie didn’t know that when it comes to meeting like this, she must be there in 5-10 minutes earlier.  Pie closed the door and took the seat.

               CEO was at her chair already reading papers.  She noticed Pie was already seated at the chair, so she call the Board the settle and start the meeting.

               “Everybody listen; let’s clap our hands for our new member of the board, Miss Pie Mindara.”

               Everybody was clapping their hands.

               “Thank you.”  Pie said.

              

               “Please open the folder on the table.  Read the page three.”

               “Everybody read the paper, Pie noticed something engraved writings on the folder.

               “KCB, looks familiar.”

               She read the paper but her mind was stick to the KCB.

 

               She tried to concentrate the meeting, tried to listen what the CEO was talking about, tried to write the important details but she only wrote ‘KCB’ on her notes.

 

               “Miss Pie?”  The CEO called her attention.  Everybody was looking at her.

               “Yes, boss?”  Pie answered.

               “Do you have questions?”  CEO asked.

               “None so far, boss.”  Pie answered.

               “Okay, let’s continue.”  CEO said.

 

               After the meeting, CEO called Pie to talk to stay in the conference room.  When everybody was left, the CEO seated beside Pie.

               “How was your feeling on your first meeting with the board?”  CEO asked.

               “I was nervous, boss.”  Pie answered.

               “Haha! I knew it.  You were like not on yourself.  By the way, your job is to check all the accounts and report it to me every week and on end of the month with the board.  Since this is your first time, I will give you time to adjust, and you can ask one of your team to collect and summarize and you only give the report to me.  If you have some questions, you can ask me right away.”

               “Thank you boss.”

               “You can go.”

              

               Pie called her secretary to gather all the accountants to her office.  Pie assigned her team one by one.  The delivery man knocked on the door brought three boxes of large pizza.

               Her team thought it was Pie’s treat for them but the secretary saw the note inside the first box.

               “Ma’am, there’s a note.  From KCB.”

               “Who’s KCB Pie?”  Her office friend asked.

               “I don’t know.”  Pie remembered the KCB marked on the folder.

               Everybody in the office was teasing Pie about the KCB.

               “Wait, stay here.  I’ll be back.” Pie left and went to the CEO office.

               “I’m sorry miss Pie, she already left after the meeting.”  CEO secretary said.

               “Okay, thank you.”