The Confession

The Comfort

The elevator opened.  It was Karen came home early.  She was so excited to see Kim’s progress.  Everybody was at the dining room already.

                “Hi Mom!”  Kim waved at her mom using her right hand.

                “Oh my God, Kim!”  She ran to hug and kiss Kim.  Everybody was clapping their hands.

                “I’m so hungry, let’s eat!”  Karen said.

               

                After dinner, Mariz gathered Karen, Pie and Kim in terrace to confess.  Mariz was so nervous to say but she already made a decision to tell all her secrets.  Kim was seated between Pie and Karen while Mariz was standing in front of them.

                “Pak is still alive.”  Mariz started.

                “What?”  Kim shocked.

                “Yes, he’s still alive and the nurse killed at the island was his daughter.  He shot his daughter.”

                “He shot his daughter?”  Kim asked.

                “Yes, he was confused.” Mariz answered.

                “Oh my God!” Pie said.

“He commanded his daughter to put the kind of drug to worsen Kim’s disability.  I worked for Karen too to be his spy.  Well, Pak and I are living together.  We’ve been together after his wife left.”

                “I don’t know Pak had a wife and daughter.”  Karen said

                “His wife left him since she knew that Pak madly in love with you Karen.”

                Karen nodded.

                “Until now, Karen.”

                Karen stopped.

                “I did everything to make him love me but he still into you.  He wants revenge but he can’t hurt you so he gives all his blame to Kim and right now, he is there outside waiting for the right time to hurt Kim.”

                “We must do something, Mom.”

                Karen nodded.

                “Why are you doing this to us?  Why telling this to us even you love him?”  Pie asked.

                “He doesn’t love me, Pie.  He never will.  I must get angry to Karen but I can’t.  I’m doing this because I want Pak to stop this, I want him to change.  And now, we must to something, we must plan something to make him stop.”

                “We should call the police now.”  Karen started to dial her phone.

                “No, Karen.  Not now.  As I said, he is there outside watching us.  He knows what we are doing here.”

                “Let’s go to my office.”  Karen said.

                “Not in your office.  I put something there.”

                “What?”

“It’s better in your room but we must pretend now that we are going to sleep.  Let’s go to our own rooms, at exactly 2:00 am, we gather in Karen’s room with the Chief.”

                “Why 2:00 am?”  Kim asked.

                “Pak’s sleeping time, Kim.”

                “Okay.” Kim said.

                “Pie, you call the chief when you get in your room.”

                Pie nodded.

                “Shall we?”  Karen asked.

                “Yes, madam.  Let’s go.”

                “Thank you, Mariz.”

                “No, madam, thank you and I’m sorry.”

                “I’m sorry too.”

                Mariz nodded and they went all to their rooms but Pie went first to Kim’s room to say good night.