Pak Failed

The Comfort

Exactly 2:00 a.m. they were all in Karen’s room.  Karen asked five bodyguards to join the meeting.  Mariz confessed to the Chief what she told to Karen, Kim and Pie last night.

                “In that case, you will be too charge.” The chief said.

                “I don’t care, Chief.  I just want to stop all of this.”  Mariz said.

                “We can talk about that Chief after this.”  Karen said.

                The Chief nodded.  “Okay, where Pak lives?”

                “He has house in one of the islands out there.”  Mariz answered.

                “Tell me what island and I will tell my men to go there.”

                “Okay, Chief.”

                “If he’s not there, where is he usually gone?”

                “At the port.”

                “I saw him at the other side of the road.  Pie saw him too.”  Kim said.

                “I already put some of my men there.”

                “So we don’t have to be worry?” Karen asked.

                The Chief nodded.

 

                They heard a glass broken from the kitchen.  Everyone in the room stopped and looking at each other.

                “Cat?” The Chief asked.

                “A cat in the penthouse?”  Mariz asked.

                “Impossible, go check the kitchen.”  Karen ordered one of her bodyguards.

                The bodyguard went out and they waited for him to come back.  After three minutes, they started to panic.

                “I’ll check my buddy, madam.” One of the bodyguard suggested.

                Karen nodded.

                “I’ll go with you.”  The Chief said.

                “Why the lights are switch off?”  The bodyguard asked in a loud noise.

                “Turn on all the lights.”  The Chief ordered.

                The lights were ; they saw the bodyguard who came out first lying on the kitchen floor unconscious.

                “Call the ambulance right now!”  The Chief shouted.

                Mariz ran to her phone to call the ambulance.  Karen ran to the kitchen to see what happened.  Only Kim and Pie left in the room.

               

After three minutes, the ambulance had arrived; everybody was in the kitchen and living room sad and concerned about the bodyguard.  The police men started investigating.  Kim and Pie were still in the room left.

                Pie was sitting on the bed holding Kim’s hand on the wheel chair.  She heard a footstep from the bathroom.

                “Kim, did Mariz or your Mom came in?”  Pie asked.

                Kim shook her head.

                Pie heard something again from the bathroom.

                “Did you hear that?”  Pie asked.

                “Nothing.”  Kim Answered.

                “I think I’ll check the bathroom.”  Pie stood up.

                “No, stay here.”  Kim held Pie’s hand tightly.

                “I think there’s someone in the bathroom, Kim.”  Pie forced Kim to let go of her hand.

                Kim let go Pie’s hand and followed her to the bathroom.

                The door was half-opened.  Pie was about to push the door, she saw a shadow inside.  She stepped back.

                “What Pie?  You saw something?”  Kim asked.

                “Sssh.  Someone’s in there.”  Pie whispered.

                “They turned around, walked slowly and tried to get out of the room.  There were about to open the door, they heard a click of the gun from their back.

                “Don’t move, lock the door and turn around.” The man ordered.

                Pie followed what the man said.

                “Pak?”  Kim asked.

                “Yes, it’s been a long time Kim.”  Pak answered.

                “Pie?  Kim?” Karen knocked at the door.

                “Don’t even say a word.  Move!”  Pak ordered them to move closer to bed.

                “Pie?! Kim?!”  Karen knocked and called then worriedly.

                Pak moved closer to Pie.

                “You can kill me if you want to, leave Pie alone.” Kim said.

                “You really love her, Kim and this cute girl loves you too.  How lucky you are, Kim.  You really have everything.  Money and a girl.”

                “Leave her alone, Pak.”

                Pak stepped back and pointed his gun to Pie.  “I want to kill her first so that you will feel the pain like what I felt losing a loved one.”

                Karen was crying outside calling their names.  They were forcing the door to open.

                “Do it!”  Pie cried.

                “No!  Please, no!” Kim shouted.

                “Shut up both of you!”  Pak shouted.

                The door opened.  The Chief and the bodyguard pointed their gun to Pak.

                “Pak, please don’t hurt them!” Karen cried.

                “Pak, please put down the gun.”  Mariz asked.

                “You, traitor!”  Pak shouted pushed Pie to the floor and pointed his gun to Mariz.

                “Put the gun down, Pak!”  The Chief shouted.

                Pak shook his head.  “No way! I’ll kill first these lovers and my traitor lover so that woman (pointed to Karen) will suffer!  Then I’ll put my gun down.

                Kim tried to move her feet but her only left foot moved.  She tried to stand up.

Pie looked at Kim; she shook her head to Kim to stay in the wheel chair.

                Kim didn’t listen.  Pak didn’t notice that Kim was already standing at his back.  Pak was about to check on Kim, Kim lifted her wheel chair and smashed to Pak’s face.  Pak fell down, the Chief immediately kicked Pak’s gun out of him.  But Mariz pushed the Chief and took Pak’s gun and pointed the gun to Kim.            

“Don’t move!  I’ll kill her!”  Mariz shouted gun pointed at Kim.

                “Mariz, please don’t do this.”  Karen cried.

                Mariz laughed.  She kicked Pak to wake up but Pak didn’t move.

                “I planned this all of you to be here so that Pak can kill Kim and Pie.  Kim and Pie only.  But since Pak failed so I changed the plan, I am going to kill Kim, Pie and you, Karen.

                “How dare you, Mariz!”  Pie shouted.

                “I’m sorry, Pie.  Since Kim loves you so much, I don’t want her to live alone in her next life.  Okay?  And you, Karen.  I want you to get out of Pak’s life.  C’mon Pak, wake up!”  Mariz kept kicking Pak but still didn’t move until she saw blood leaked at Pak’s head.

                “Oh my God!” Mariz kneeled down.

                The Chief was about to get the gun but Mariz stood up and pointed the gun to Kim.  “You, you killed him!”  Pointed gun at Kim.  She was about to pull the trigger but Kim suddenly held Mariz hand to point the gun upward and punched her nose that made them both fell down.  The chief pointed the gun on Mariz and kicked the gun away.  “Don’t dare to move, Miss.  You are under arrest!”  He ordered his men to cuff her hands.

                Karen cried, “Why Mariz? I trusted you!”

                “I’m sorry, I love him.”

               

                “Kim?” Pie sobbed. “You can stand!” Kim moved a step forward. “Oh my God, Kim! You can walk!”

                Kim nodded, tears falling from her eyes.  “Yes, yes, I can.”