Mariz’s secret

The Comfort

Karen and Mariz was on their way to the hotel.  It was already 10 minutes past 12:00 midnight.  Mariz’s phone rang again.  She checked on her phone and looked at Karen if she was looking at her.  Karen was staring at the window.

               “Madam?”

               “Yes, Mariz?”

               “Can I drop here?”

               “And where are you going?”

               “My boyfriend needs me now.  I promise I will report by 8:00 in the morning.”

               “Okay, driver, stop the car.”

               “Thank you, madam.”

 

               Mariz, took a taxi to the port.  Her boyfriend was waiting for her at the boat.

               “I’m sorry, honey.”

               Her boyfriend took off his hat and his jacket, it was Pak.  “It’s okay.”

               Mariz ran to Pak and hugged each other.

 

               “I’m sorry about your daughter.”  Mariz cried.

               Pak got angry.  He pushed and slapped Mariz.

               “Damn!”  Pak shouted.  He started the engine and they left.

               They arrived at Pak’s house on the island.  They went straight to the room.  As they got into the room, he pushed Mariz again and gave a punched her on face.  He was about to give another punch, Mariz begged him to stop.  Pak turned around and looked for the bottle of wine.

               “You shot her remember?”  Mariz cried.

               “You did nothing!” Pak shouted.

               “I was about to but you shot her.”

               Pak threw the bottle at Mariz’s side.  Mariz cried out loud.

               “I can’t see my daughter now. I want to hold her but I can’t.  Can you see that?  Can you feel that? This pain?”

               Mariz stood up, looking at the pictures of her boss and her daughter on the wall.  “You still love her, Pak.”

               Pak took another bottle of wine.  “And then?”

               “All I want is to love me, Pak.  Just give me a little space in your heart.”

               “That’s the hardest thing to do.”

               “I want to break up.”

               “You’re leaving me?”

               “Yes!”

               He punched Mariz again and she fell down.  “If you do that, you get more like that!”

              

               Mariz and Pak were living together for almost 8 years.  They met at the bar when Mariz slipped at the front door and Pak helped her to stand.  It was love at first sight for Mariz even Pak was already looked older at that time.  They were dating for a month and decided to live together. Mariz accepted that Pak had a daughter.  Mariz was so in love with Pak and she thought that Pak was too.  When she found out the reason why his wife left him, she still stayed with Pak.  She applied as personal assistant to Karen. When she got the job, she told Pak and Pak used her as his eyes to Karen and Kim.

               At the night of the tragedy, it was Mariz who put the bomb in the backpack.  She wanted Karen to die so that Pak’s love will be all to her.

 

               Pak fell asleep.  Mariz was still on the floor crying.  She was staring at Karen’s picture on the wall.  She got mad and stood up.  She left the house and took Pak’s boat.

               “I will get all you wanted, Pak so you will be all mine”