The bullet

You're the Devil Pulling Me Into The Sea

The world is comprised of many different kinds of beings. Both of this world and of a realm completely seperate from this. Well, maybe not completely. There was the rare occasion where someone from one world would fall into the other.

That was the case of the strange boy would could speak through minds. Taemin, as the master had come to learn his name, was one of those beings.

The regular world called them demons, dangerous and evil beings with incomprehensible powers. How could someone so gentle, so kind, be something evil? The master could not figure it out. He'd had the boy by his side for a week and all he could see was an innocent, sweet being who he could hardly bring himself to address as a slave.

Taemin was obedient. He wore what the Master, Minho, asked him to wear, he did was the master wanted him to do. He was always there when he was called and he never did anything that wasn't perfect in the master's eyes.

"Taemin, come here." he called as he sat at his desk. He had just finished a long day of work and was in need of some relaxation.

Taemin pattered into the room, dressed in the outfit that Minho had picked out for him. It was a pair of black slacks and a white button up shirt with a matching black tie. He looked rather cute in the outfit and Minho adored it. All the way to the happy little smile painted on the boy's face.

Taemin walked right up to Minho's side and placed a hand on his shoulder, right inside the collar of his shirt so that their skin contacted.

"What is it, Master?" Taemin's voice rang loud and clear in Minho's mind, causing a smile to grace the man's lips.

"I've had such a hard day, my cute little Minnie..." Minho nearly sang the words, turning his chair to face Taemin before pulling the boy into his lap.

Taemin straddled Minho, flawlessly making the move from his hand on the master's shoulder to his arms wrapped around Minho's neck as he smiled back at the man who had hold of his hips.

"Would you like me to make you feel better, Master?" Taemin's innocent voice asked.

Minho chuckled, pulling the boy in for a gentle kiss and then breaking apart. "I'm not in the mood for that right now. I'd much rather go get something to eat. Would you be interested in accompanying me to a resaurant?"

Taemin's eyes lit up with excitement. "Really, Master? I can come with you?"

Minho chuckled and nodded. "Neh, you can come with me. Come now, let's go."

Taemin nodded, slipping out of the chair as Minho stood up and taking the master's hand when it was offered. The two walked out of the mansion together and got into the limo, Taemin bouncing around happily the entire time.

Taemin didn't really get to go out with Minho very often, seeing as how something bad seemed to happen every time the boy set foot around the human race. They'd gone to the store once for banana milk and the store had somehow ended up catching on fire, not that Taemin or Minho even really could explain how that happened.

Taemin loved riding in the limo. He liked to curl up in the middle of the seat and play with the buttons on the radio, flipping through the stations and mouthing along to the songs as if he knew what they were saying, but he'd never heard any of the songs before in his life.

They pulled up at the resaurant rather soon, sooner than Minho thought it would take, and both exited the vehicle. Taemin suddenly became nervous, looking around hesitantly at all the people whose eyes had suddenly turned to them. Minho had always told him that it was because he was a very important person in the town and everyone gave him attention all the time, but Taemin had his own ideas. The people would always give him subtle, dirty looks, as if they knew what he was.

Minho smiled politely as he had them lead to a private table just for the two, handing Taemin a menu before ordering them both a glass of water. Minho looked over the menu for a while before looking up to see that Taemin hadn't even picked his up. He gave the boy a curious stare and asked him.

"Why aren't you looking at your menu, Taemin?"

Taemin reached over and subtly touched Minho, making skin contact so that Minho could hear the words in his mind.

"I don't know how to read, Master.." his voice sounded embarrassed, being ashamed that he had no clue how to read.

Minho frowned, then nodded. "What is your favorite thing to eat?"

 "Steak!" Taemin grinned happily, perking up in his steak. Minho chuckled.

When the waitress came to take their orders, Minho ordered for the both of them, despite the girl turning to Taemin and asking him what he wanted. She pouted when Minho had answered for him, which caused Minho to frown and decide not to leave the girl a tip. Taemin was his and she was trying to flirt with him right in front of the master.

Taemin was, of course, oblivious to the entire thing. He was just sitting happily and playing with his napkin, attempting to fold it into different origami shaped but failing.

When the food got there, the both of them ate in silence, or what would appear to be silence. Their hands touched beneath the table and they were having a conversation in their minds while thier mouths were busy eating. Occasionally,  one of them would snort out some food in laughter as something funny was said.

Minho loved talking with Taemin, the two could chat for hours and nothing, and everything.

The night was going surprisingly well until a loud commotion swept through the restaurant. Taemin jumped, hiding behind Minho as he heard the screams of a few women and was seemed like tables being flung over in the distance. Minho moved Taemin behind him as the men causing the commotion came into view.

"What do you want?" Minho asked the man. "I thought we settled our business already."

The unknown man smirked, glancing at the boy hiding behind Minho. "You still have a body you owe me."

Taemin gripped onto Minho's wrist, peeking out behind him to look at the men.

"If you're insenuating that I turn my date over to you, I will not." Minho replied, his voice calm, void of any emotion that would give away what he may have been feeling. He was completely indifferent, or he appeared so at least.

"I'm not insenu...whatever..that you give him to us." The man smirked, his hand heading into his coat pocket. "I'm telling you we're taking him."

"Master, he's got a gun!" Taemin's words screamed into Minho's head a mere few seconds before the man pulled a gun and aimed it straight for Minho, pulling the trigger.

Taemin moved faster than humanly possible, putting himself in between Minho and the path of the bullet.