Chapter 2

Lachrymose

 

 

Another day. She's gradually getting better, she thought. She sipped on her coffee while reading the newspaper. She clucks her tongue when it's bad news and smiles unknowingly when it's good. The clink of her toasted bread distracted her while reading, she got it out then put it on a plate, another plate for pancakes.

 

"Kids! Breakfast time. Get down now or you'll be late." She yelled from downstairs. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... She heard thundering footsteps going down. There, her angels. Jihwan and Wonhee. They're twins. 5 years old. A girl and a boy. Just like a replica of her and him. This is why she couldn't just move on like that.

 

"Mom, I could smell it from up there." Jihwan said hungrily, running towards the dining table. Wonhee giggled quietly, sitting down with poise. Yoona looked at them both, smiled upon seeing them happy. Wonhee possesses elegance everytime she moves, always thinks before she acts and says something. But just like Yoona, she, too , is fragile. A word or two could hurt her. Jihwan, on the other hand, is a complete reflection of Luhan. When he wants something, he'll do everything to get it. He puts all of his passion to something. He's learning soccer. One day he just went home from school, informing his mom that he has found his "calling" or "soulmate". She just kept to herself that their father was a very good soccer player. When combined, they are just like their parents. She didn't realize that she was drowning in her thoughts again when a very familiar voice distracted her.

 

"Woah! Right on time." Followed by a boisterous laugh. There, Oh Sehun is entering her home bashfully like it's his own home too. This punk, she thought. Her best friend who happens to be his best friend when they were on high school and college too. He saw almost everything that had happened to their relationship until it lasted. If not for him, she would have gone crazy by now. Jihwan ran towards him, "Uncle!"

 

"Well hello there, monkey." He said, carrying him back to the dining table. "Excited for your soccer playing lessons today, huh?" He said, ruffling the boy's hair. Jihwan swatted his hand away before getting down.

 

"Hey, don't touch my hair like that uncle. Not cool." He said with much conviction then sits down. Sehun turned to Wonhee who was eating her pancake cutely.

 

"And how's my little princess going?" He asked after kneeling down to poke her nose. Wonhee giggled affectionately before giving him a peck on his cheek. He smiled, "Now that's what I'm talking about." Yoona smiled at the scene in front of her right when Sehun turned to look at her. He grinned menacingly, ready to .

 

"And how about my-"

 

"Sit down, Sehun. I don't need your greasy words." She cut him then chuckled triumphantly inside. He pretended to look hurt but no, she'll never buy that look. From Oh Sehun? Hah, no. She'll bet her own life that she'll never buy that kind of look.

 

"You're too grumpy." He retorted. She scoffed then glared at him.

 

"And you're too noisy early in the morning." she said back. He was about to open his mouth then attacked him again. "One more word and you'll see yourself cooking your own breakfast." She smirked as she saw him sulk then started eating. Burn.

 

 

 

"Yah, Oh Sehun. Bring me back my little boy by 3 or before that. His extra clothes and towel are on his backpack. His water too. Don't you dare forget his snacks and lunch or I'll burn you alive." Yoona one by one instructed Sehun, making sure he'll never forget one instruction. Sehun waved his hands off.

 

"Relax, granny. I've been doing this for three months already. Don't you think it has become my habit?" Yoona glared at the word granny. Who was he calling granny? She relaxed then knelt in front of Jihwan, arranging his cap carefully.

 

"Jihwan, don't tire yourself, okay? Don't go faraway from uncle Sehun and always listen to him." She told him gently. Jihwan frowned, getting impatient already.

 

"Mommy, I've been doing this for three months already. Don't you think it has become my habit?" He repeated what his uncle had said. Yoona widened her eyes, surprised that he's talking back now. Oh Sehun, you're going to get it, she thought. The man laughed at the little boy's retort, glad that he taught him well. Dang, he's a fast learner, he thought. Yoona stood up after kissing little Jihwan on his forehead.

 

"You." She addressed to Sehun. "Watch your words next time, understand?" She glared at the tall man in front of her. He nodded his head vigorously, afraid that he might get smacked any minute from now. The last time she smacked his head, he had a stiffed neck for a good 9 hours. "Go now before I forget you're my friend." She threatened.

 

 

 

"You were really great there, Wonhee! I am so impressed." Victoria, her ballet teacher, told her. "You will become one of my main casts someday, I can see it." The Chinese lady said, wiping the little girl's sweat from her back.

 

"Thank you, teacher Qian. You've always been my idol aside from mommy." Little Wonhee said. Victoria was touched, caressing Wonhee's cheeks gently while staring at her.

 

"Where's mommy Yoona?" Asked Victoria, holding her little hand while walking towards the door.

 

"She left my water in our house so she went out to buy one." She answered politely.

 

"Oh, Qian unnie!" Yoona ran towards them, handing Wonhee her water. "You're finished already?" She asked after pulling Victoria into a hug.

 

"Yes, our Wohee did great as usual." She answered to which Yoona chuckled. "Ah, Yoongie. Let's catch up with each other. It has been so long since we last ate with each other." She said.

 

"Mmm, really long." She barely whispered. Victoria gripped her hands gently, as if giving her strength and a small sincere smile saying she can do it. "How about now unnie?" Victoria bit her lower lip and an apologetic smile came after that.

 

"Oh my, sorry Yoongie. I'm picking someone up in the airport." She nervously said, not being able to look into her eyes.

 

"Is that so? It's okay unnie! You have my number anyway so call me anytime." She said, waving off her weird feeling. "Unnie we're going now. Bye." She said while smiling.

 

"Bye teacher Qian! See you next Saturday." Little Wonhee waved.

 

She waved back, telling them to take care in going home. Her phone beeped, signaling a message just came. She opened the message that was written in Chinese.

 

 

"Qian jie, I'm on the plane now. Thank you for picking me up later."

From Luhan.