Chapter 6

Lachrymose

 

 

 

 

Yoona let everything out that night, all out, including her tears. Sympathy was given back to her by her circle. Because, after five long years, she finally told them what really happened between them. But it was ironic that she explained it carefully to them even though she never truly understood why herself.

 

Luhan.

 

Thinking of his name felt like home to her. But saying his name aloud felt like a distant memory. An irony, yet again.

 

“You didn’t have to keep it in, Yoong. You don’t have to keep it in. That’s what we’re here for remember? Good or bad?” the oldest, Taeyeon, said while the others nodded in agreement. The subject blinked a few times, trying to control and stop another wave of tears threatening to come out.

 

“What he did? It was beyond our imagination. But Yoong, you’re also forgetting something.” Hyoyeon said slowly. “You forgot that you’re not alone in the picture. Wonhee and Jihwan are there. What’s bothering you also bothers them.”

 

Seohyun who had now transferred to Yoona’s side was hugging her shoulders.

 

“That is true, unnie. Once, Qian unnie and I took Wonhee out for an ice cream date, she asked us why you keep on crying every night. It broke our hearts.” Seohyun told her as Yoona was now already sobbing very hard.

 

“That’s good. Let it all out. We will try our best to comfort you because Yoong, we’ve always been here waiting. You know that.” Sooyoung said while reaching for her hands. Taeyeon was observing them all, she was waiting for this moment since Luhan left. A tear fell from her eye. Jessica who had been silent the whole time, broke her silence and came up to Taeyeon.

 

“You’ve always been the strongest one out of all of us. You also don’t have to keep it in and act as our pillar forever just because you’re the oldest one. It’s okay to break once in a while.” Jessica said to Taeyeon only, in a very low voice while putting her arm around her shoulders. The oldest rested her head on her shoulder when she finally broke down and all eyes, including Yoona’s, were on Taeyeon’s direction.

 

“Oh, shush everyone. It’s time for crying, right? She needs to cry too.” Jessica said in a lighter tone while gently shaking Taeyeon’s tiny shoulders. “Apart from Yoona, our little minion right here, had everything to keep in as well you know? Yah, don’t ever think that you failed in understanding Yoona, and understanding everyone. Okay?” she continued, addressing what she said to Taeyeon.

 

Yoona crawled into Taeyeon’s other side and hugged her tiny frame tightly.

 

“Taeng unnie, were you thinking that?” she asked in between her sobs. “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry but you didn’t fail me. I hope that won’t ever cross your mind ever again. It’s just that I didn’t want everyone to be included in my state of depression. This is a battle with myself. Internal one.”

 

“Wow. Do writers always think this deep? I mean, wow. That was deep.” Hyoyeon said. And that was how they moved past that crying session.

 

 

“Thank you. It seriously felt like the heaviest weight has been lifted from my body. From my whole wellbeing.” Yoona breathed in deeply. Now that she has told them, she felt a little free. Being caged in the past has always been her only struggle. Not only was she caging herself, she was also torturing her children by not catering to their needs. Had it been not for Sehun and the girls, the kids would have no direction in life, too.

 

 

After she was dropped off, she carefully went inside her home. Sehun was there, lying casually on the couch, sleeping soundly while the TV was . She turned it off and went towards him to wake him up, shaking him lightly.

 

“Hey.” Sehun’s eyes fluttered open and he slowly got up, stretching in the process.

 

“Hey.” She said back.

 

“How was it?” he rubbed his eyes and he became alert upon seeing Yoona’s puffy eyes. “What happened? Why did you cry?”

 

“We watched a tear jerking movie. Are they asleep?”

 

“Really?

 

“Yes, really.”

 

“Really, really?”

 

“Really, really. Do you wanna sleep here? I can prepare the guest’s room.”

 

He then fished out his car keys and shook his head. “Nope, I’m still early tomorrow.” He headed to the door to go out when Yoona called him.

 

“Sehunnie, thank you.”

 

“Don’t mention it, Yoong.” He said before going home at past 1 in the morning,