Chapter 3

Lachrymose

 

 

 

 

She tapped her foot while thinking of the perfect way to start a novel. If hot chocolate drinks can actually make people drunk then she'd be drunk by now. She's tired of the never-ending cliches of the books she has read yet she feels satisfied in a way that she's already used to it. She's used to the feeling of being familiar to something that she doesn't want something new yet she has to experience new things. Here comes overthinking again, huh. She thought to herself. She overthinks day and night, her brain never rests.

 

"What's wrong with me?" She asked herself. In fact, she also asks herself the same question every night. She tries her best not to think of him yet when she's alone, all she can think of is him. She shook her head. Nope, she's not going to think of him tonight. She went outside of her room then went to the kids' room.

 

When she went inside, the kids were already asleep. She tucked them in properly then kissed them both on their forehead. She sighed for the umpteenth time then headed back to her room. Her phone rang. She need not to look at the caller id.

 

"Sehun-ah."

 

"Writer's block?"

 

"You know me too well." she answered then breathed heavily.

 

"I already know your sighs and the tone of your voice to the point that I know what you look like right now." Sehun said, lightening the mood. "You're pouting."

 

"If I hadn't known you too well, I'd definitely think you're a stalker."

 

"A handsome stalker." Sehun bragged while Yoona snorted on the other line. "Yoong, let's go out. Let's have a vacation. It'll help your writer's block."

 

"You're right. But maybe after Wonhee's recital. You know how the girl has always looked forward to for that day. My little Nutcracker." she said proudly.

 

"Our Nutcracker." he corrected her. She smiled at Sehun's sweetness. He cleared his throat. "What are you doing?"

 

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing." she said and she already knew what he's up to.

 

"Chicken and beer?" he suggested. They always had spontaneous nights like this back when they were still high school students, including Luhan, of course.

 

"I was waiting for this night. I'll prepare the movies we'll be watching."

 

"Sounds great, be there in 30 minutes."

 

 

 

"Woah. I haven't had this kind of night for so long to be honest." Yoona said while patting her stomach. Sehun nodded, agreeing with her.

 

"I know. The same goes for me. I miss-"

 

"How's your dance studio? Why don't you let me visit there anymore? I wanna see your students too." Yoona cut him off. He chuckled, that was a close call.

 

"The studio is doing really great. You know how Jongin and Yixing hyung are helping me with it. And, I don't know about you. Ask yourself why you don't visit there anymore. You know you're always welcome there." He scoffed at the last sentence. She smacked his arm. "Ouch! What was that for?!"

 

"You talk back already?! When did you learn to do that?"

 

"You were asking me, I was just answering you. It's called a conversation." He answered back with sarcasm.

 

And the night went on just like that.

 

 

"What do you mean blind date? Are you guys out of your mind?" The doe-eyed lady asked the people in front of her. She was surprised that it went into their minds when it never crossed her mind. "I'm busy and I have kids. That's the last thing I would want to do."

 

In front of her were her circle of friends since childhood. They all have known each other too well. And today was their planned girls' day-to-night out.

 

"Well, it has been set. He's a very good-looking man. He has manners too! Yoong, he's my brother-in-law. Just go." Sooyoung said, the tallest and meanest of them all.

 

"Or if yo don't want him, just date Sehun already! Everyone knows he's in love with you anyway." Hyoyeon said. Everyone nodded their heads. Hyoyeon and Sehun are really good friends since both of them are dancers and came from the same dance school.

 

"All of you are crazy. I have a lot on my plate right now." The center of the talk said to which everyone scoffed and sighed. "What?"

 

"You like Sehun and you're just afraid he might leave you like how Luhan left you. Am I right?" Jessica said. Indeed, growing up in America made her really blunt. Everyone's eyes widened and the others coughed their drinks. They did not see that one coming but it came from Jessica so it's not new anymore. Yoona stayed still, all the memories flooded back.

 

"How could you say that, Sica?! You're way too insensitive." Sooyoung hissed towards Jessica.

 

"All I'm saying is that it's about time. She has to move on, we all talked about this. It has been five years since he left. Let's stop pretending already. We have to talk about this. I say let's head to Taeyeon's house already and get this thing done with." Jessica said firmly. She looked at Yoona and softened. Yoona was crying again and Hyoyeon wiped the single tear that fell of her eye.

 

"You're right. Let's go." Everyone's head snapped back to Yoona then slowly, they nodded their heads.

 

 

Tonight, she's going to let it all out. At least that way, she could let all the burdens she has been carrying go. She kept it all in for five years. Five painful years. The drive to Taeyeon's house was quiet and awkward. The fact that Sooyoung was the one who was driving and no one prostested is a proof enough that the atmosphere is really off.

 

 

When Taeyeon opened the door, she checked to see if Yoona is okay. Seohyun already filled her in through text about what had happened earlier. They always end their girls' day-to-night out at Taeyeon's home. Taeyeon is married to Baekhyun, who happened to be her high school sweetheart too, and they have three children.

 

"Oh, you girls are earlier that expected." Baekhyun appeared ot of nowhere. They all smiled at him including Yoona. "Kids, greet your aunts first then we'll head off to grandma and grandpa's house." Baekhyun shouted and three kids came running down the stairs and bowed their heads as a greeting. The ladies hugged the kids one by one as Baekhyun pecked Taeyeon's cheek.

 

"Be strong for everyone tonight. I know you'll be strong for them." He said to which Taeyeon nodded sadly.

 

"I will. Take care of our kids alright. And yourself too. I love you." Taeyeon said while hugging his waist.

 

"I love you too." He answered the pecked her forehead.

 

"We can just talk outside and you guys can get a room if you'd like." Hyoyeon said while covering her eyes in a joking manner to lighten up the mood.

 

"Don't you kids get sick of this scene?"

 

"We're kind of used to it, I guess? Mommy and daddy are always sweet anyways." Seunghoon, their eldest, answered.

 

"Okay. Enough of this. Let's go kids and have fun girls!" Baekhyun waved and went out with the kids.

 

"Yeah, we'll have fun for sure." Hyoyeon whispered to herself and Seohyun squeezed her shoulder softly. "Let's go."

 

 


 

A/N: Hey you guys! First off, I really want to apologize for the delay of this story. I just had a lot on my plate the past year so I wasn't able to update this regularly. I'm really sorry. I just graduated from college so yes, hurray for me lol. I'm not busy anymore since I haven't looked for a work yet. So yes, I'll be updating this regularly from now on. I already have the next chapters but I plan on updating it gradually because where's the fun in updating everyday right? Haha. But I'll compensate for the long time that I've been gone so maybe I'll post the next chapter tomorrow. Follow me on twitter if you want to ask me some questions about this (plus you can request stories too, and any character/s. Just tell me who and what kind of story you want.) Here's my twitter acct: @tinkerbaee :) 

 

Also, happy birthday to our goddess, Yoona! She is and will always be my ultimate bias. <3