Chapter 1

Lachrymose

 

 

 

Yet again, she is pondering. Over a lot of things which all revolve around a single thing. It is always like this for the past 5 years. But she is trying to move on as well. She doesn't want to be left behind in the past and be jailed there with the bittersweet memories. But one glimpse of his face in her mind, she's back to square one. And it had always been like thatShe is tired. Tired of all the things happening to her. But she will never get tired of waiting. Of course, she doesn't know. She constantly denies she's waiting. Yet she still longs for the day, that one hopeless day, he would go back to her and start things over again. She knows it's impossible. And so she tries to move on, then the cycle goes on again. She has cried enough that no tear is falling anymore. She cries because she doesn't understand why. She cries because they were perfect, she doesn't know what was wrong back then. And just like that, he walked away until his body faded away with the wind, until his voice was muffled by the crickets crying at that night. Then she comes to her senses, he left her but not entirely.

 

As if moving on is her only hope to live, she can't. She just can't. Even if it's her own will to forget him, she just couldn't. For a reason she can't run away from. She had cried enough, tried to laugh, preoccupied herself — but to no avail. Heck, she even busied herself writing and writing. But being a writer  because she gets to dig deeper into the different aspects of life, one thing she's trying to evade. It takes a lot of time and thinking which could lead to another puddle of tears. 

 

Just like tonight, she found herself thinking of him again. The memories they've both shared. She reminisces the way he gazes at her every time he wants her to know how much he loves her, their late night phone calls and sweet messages, the way he tries to steal her attention which is by annoying her, the way he calls her name. She remembers their first prom night and he was her first prom date, the time when they told her parents about their relationship which was a big relief for the both of them, their first small fight when they argued about their homework, the time she got jealous because of that cheerleader who flirted with him who was the ace of the soccer team at that time, his fail surprise for her birthday, their first time doing it. Everything that had happened. They were called the campus sweethearts, a match made from heaven. Pretty ironic how all the memories are so sweet yet she feels bitter. Funny how she loathes to remember those things yet she constantly remember them.

 

The wind brushed her milky skin just as she closed her eyes. Gone were the days when she felt like she's the happiest girl on earth; gone with the wind. She mustered up her willingness to go on, she must. But for the last time, she'll cry. Just like the last time she told herself it'd be her last.

 

A teardrop fell. Again, then again. She was crying. She sniffed then laughed at how pathetic she looked. That was then her door creaked open, revealing one of her precious gems. A little girl, wearing pajamas while holding her favorite deer stuffed toy. She pouted upon seeing her mother cry then walked towards her. It wasn't her first time seeing her mom cry like this. She wished she could grow faster so that she'd be able to understand why her mom is always like this.

 

"Mommy? You're crying again."

 

That wasn't even a question. The answer's laid down right upon her anyways. Yoona immediately wiped her tears away using the back of her hand, shaking her head with a sad chuckle. She pulled her onto her lap then caressed her hair.

 

"Mommy just gets too emotional usually when it's late like right now." 

 

The little girl sighed then turned around to face her mother. She looked right into her eyes. Yoona sees herself in her. A. strong-willed girl with an innocent face. Maybe, just maybe, this girl could become like her mom too, who fell in love but at the wrong time. She didn't want her to experience it, never. Tears started to stream down on her lovely face. The little girl wiped her tears.

 

"It's okay mommy. We're here. Everything's gonna be alright." Then she thought, for a 5-year-old girl she's too matured for things and thinks she's responsible for everything. Another thought strike her, that was her when she was her age. She chuckled then sniffed. There's no way she'd allow the history to repeat itself.

 

"Yes, I believe so baby. As long as I have you and Jihwan, I'm fine. Now, mind joining mommy to the dreamland?" Asked Yoona with a soft smile to which the young one nodded. She carried her towards her bed as heard her yawn. She chuckled inwardly. She kissed her forehead gently, like she's a fragile porcelain doll then lulled her to sleep. Then just like that, they both drifted to their own paradise.

 

 

 

"Luhan, relax for a bit please. You don't spare at least an hour of your time for me these days." Whined Yoona. They're now at the coffee shop. After a week of not seeing each other, she decided to talk it out with her boyfriend. She played with her fingers, one of her mannerisms when she's nervous and upset. Luhan sighed heavily, rubbing his temples in a tired manner.

 

"Yoona, are we seriously going to talk about this right now?" He said, looking right into her eyes as if piercing her. She looked down. "You know too well that I'm busy in studying. Our final exams are coming soon. I have to make good grades if I want to proceed to being a doctor." 

 

"But Luhan, we're both students here. But that's not my point. I just wanna spend time with you. At least spare an hour for me? I'll be fine after that." She said softly. Her drink not a tad bit sipped. Luhan thinks she's being selfish and childish but he couldn't just say that without hurting her feelings.

 

"You don't understand, do you?" He asked. Yoona looked at him confusingly. "Yoona, this is my dream. I can't let it go. I've always been a good student and I have no plans in destroying it. I'm just a few steps away from it and I will go for it no matter what." He said bluntly. 

 

Even if it means leaving me behind, she thought. She blinked her tears away, her breathing suddenly caught up inside her. Her body started to tremble and soft sobs came from her mouth.

 

"Then go."

 

Luhan blinked, surprised that she said that. He didn't mean to leave her. Nope, not at all. But she seemed to take it the wrong way. He slowly stood up, he just have to give her a little time to calm herself a bit then he'll come back. He walked away. Yoona blinked a few times, looking around her surroundings. She tried calling for him but there's no voice coming out. Her surrounding suddenly started to turn around in a fast forward manner, then everything started to fade away. She tried to reach for him but all she could do was cry. He, too, was starting to fade away. 

 

Everything went blank.

 

 

She woke up with tears in her eyes. She looked at the time, 2:47 A.M., the clock says. She looked at her gem beside her, glad that she was sleeping peacefully. She slowly wiped her tears. That was one heck of a dream where everything felt like a deja vu. Yet she knows that tomorrow will still be the same.

 

 


A/N: Hello guys! It's our goddess' birthday today. Did you all greet her already? In celebration of Yoona's birthday, I, together with the other EXOYoong aka Olympians, will update and post stories. If you have something to ask about our fandom, go follow @EYOlympian13 ^^

Now for my story, it's just getting started. I might update later or tomorrow or next week or next month or maybe next year? //bricked// joke. I have the entire story finished in my mind now, I'll continue writing this. This might take upto 10-15 chapters maybe, I'm not sure. Anyway, I'd like to thank Via/Vee for the poster. She's really great! If you have questions, you can ask me on my personal twitter account: @tinkerbaee :>