The Queen of My Heart

Monday Couple - One Shot(s)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

He's not your prince charming if he does not make sure you know that you are his princess. - Demi Lovato

 

 

 

It was a castle open day. The King is going to celebrate his 70th birthday. The people of the kingdom were invited to go to the castle and enjoy the party. Ballroom dance, too.

 

" I'm not doing this open day for nothing. You know, it's already my 70's birthday. You and I know that I no longer can rule this kingdom. It's going to be your turn soon, son. All you did was playing around and wasting your times will all the three prince from other nation. So I hope you can find someone that can be the Queen of our people and of course, the Queen of your heart. Whoever your choice will be, I will agree. I know you are wise enough to choose the right one, right ? " The King said to his son a few days before the party. " But dad, I'm not ready yet. I'm not ready to rule this kingdom. I'm not ready to find a woman and of course I'm not ready to get marry. I'm still young. "

 

" Hmm.. No, you are not young anymore. You are the only son that I had. Please do it for me. I know you love me, right ? " It's since he was younger, he loves his dad more than his mom. He can't argue more with his dad. The King already old.

 

" Okay, then. But there's one condition.. " The King nod as a sign to continue with his condition. " Whoever she is, I want you to accept her. Everything about her. Especially her flawness. " After a few seconds, he continue. The King nod and smile with his only son's condition. Suddenly his heart beat faster than usual. Nervous for whoever his soulmate-to-be soon.

 

After the meeting ends, he slowly walk out from the room with a heavy heart. " Ahoo.. What's with marriage, suddenly ? I'm still young, man ! Luckily he's my dad ! " said Gary while patting his chest for a few times to calm down. After walk a few steps, he takes out his phone and dials out three numbers at a time. " Yah guys, meet me at palace right now ! Emergency ! And I really mean it ! " said Gary.

 

 

***

He keep pacing around in his room waiting for his buddies arrival. After a long wait, slowly one by one come inside his room. All of them sit in circle with serious face waiting for him to open his mouth. " Yah, it's the ends for me ! Totally the end ! I'm doomed ! " said Gary and cover his face with his own palms.

 

They look into each other before one of them continue, " Ah hyung.. Why is it the end for you ? It's not you are getting marry or need to leave this palace or whatever ! " said Dong Hoon or well known as HaHa among them. All of them laugh it out hardly hearing his idea except for one person who still can't accept this mean reality.

 

" HaHa ah... " It was a long pause that all attention back to him again. He continue his sentence with another three words, " You are right.. " and ends it with a long sigh. This time lean his head back looking at the ceiling of his room. " Mwoya hyung ? Which one ? What is right ? " ask Kwang Soo. They start to get nervous about the situation. " The getting marry part ? Or you need to leave the palace part ? " ask the muscular friend, Jong Kook after not say even a word since start. " If you need to leave the palace, you can stay at one of us. But if you are getting marry.. " continue Kwang Soo.

 

He look into each pairs of eyes sincerely, " The marry part... Ah molla ! I'm going crazy just thinking about it ! " said Gary  and slightly kick the table's leg to show his disagrees. They look into each other again, more confuse with the situation. The same thing is running in their mind, The Casanova of Century is getting marry ? 

 

They look into him again, " Hyung, seriously ? " " Really " " Gary ah, you can't play around with this matter.. " and speak up their unbelievable at the same time. He who already looks downward and plays with his two legs, facing up the three friends, " Did I look like I'm joking ? Hyung ? HaHa ah ? Kwang Soo ah ? " He ruffles his hair forth and back and continue, " Ah molla, molla ! Micheoso ! " He gets up from his seat and walk to bookshelf.

 

The silence is lingering in the room while they're thinking hard to help him to not marry. " Yah, there is one more thing ! Start from tomorrow, all of you need to join me. " He breaks the silence. " Us ? Join you ? Join what ? " ask Jong Kook from his seat. " Oh, nothing. But I'm bet it will be fun if we do it together ! If you want to know, just come to palace tomorrow at 8, sharp. " said Gary excitedly and an evil smile can be seen from his face. " What is this strange feeling ? Look, I even had goosebumps ! " said HaHa and shows his arm.

 

 

***

The next day around 11 in the morning. " If you want to learn, sit straight ! And, Prince Kang, Prince Kim, Prince Ha and Prince Lee, keep in mind that I will treat you all as student here, not as a prince. " said Mr. Han who is Head of Butlers and Maids in the palace to the four students that get caught sleeping while learning about palace's protocols. " Yah Gary ah, what's this ? I thought you said that it's gonna be fun ! " whisper Jong Kook while poking with his right elbow at Gary's waist. " Majaya ! You said it's gonna be fun ! Why are we studying now ? " It is HaHa this time while glaring at Gary.

 

" Hey guys, mianhae.. See, even the four of us, we were caught sleeping ! What if I'm alone ? I think the first 10 minutes I already pass out. " said Gary in guilty as he tricked his best friends. " If you all want to chat, you can leave from here ! " said Mr. Han while pointing out his stick to four of them. " Ah jinjjayo ?! Can I leave now ?! " asked Kwang Soo excitedly half asleep half awake. He receives a hit at the back of his head from HaHa. " Yah! He didn't mean it ! I wonder how you are a prince ! " He glare towards HaHa. " Why can't I be a prince ? Handsome, brilliant, have manners and the most important, I'm tall. " HaHa starts getting angry. " Are you saying that a short ones can't be a prince ? " 

 

When both Gary and Jong Kook are trying to stop the fight, a loud thud can be hear from the front. " Stop ! Stop all of you ! All of you are prince. Please show some manner of a prince. " said Mr. Han after smack down his stick on the table. All of them are really shock to their death and back to their senses after the short lecture and start the lesson again properly. The lessons going on for a week with all the mighty that they had, they succeeded in finish it.

 

 

***

Finally the castle open day reached. It was faster than he think. It had been busy days for him since the meet with his dad, the King about a week ago. He learns many things seriously even his heart is disagree with the marriage. How to be a respected King, how to rule the kingdom fairly and not to forget, how to find the right Queen for the kingdom. He keep pacing around in his room. Fighting to find some peace before the party start is too hard for him now. ' Should I go down too ? Or should I just observe from here ? Am I doing the right thing ? What if I choose the wrong one ? She can annihilate this kingdom unconsciously ! Where are those three anyway ? ' thought him alone and take a glance or two outside from his windows.

 

He can see that people from the kingdom start crowding the palace. He become more and more nervous due to the number of people that keep increase per minutes. " Mr. Han, inform me if all those three are already here ! They are seriously.. I'm going to hwak ! " said Gary while sway his fist in the air. " Prince Kang, calm down. You're going to find the queen to be today. I'm sure will inform you if they're here. " said Mr. Han and lead him to the couch in his room.

 

After waiting for their arrival about ten minutes, all of them are finally gather in the room just like before. " Hyung, I want to ask you a question. " said HaHa after had a sip of green tea. " Hmm.. Go on. But make sure your question will not make me more confused or betray my dad ! " HaHa giggles hearing his warn and continue, " Do you still want to continue this marry ? " 

 

Jong Kook finally speak, " You make him more confuse, kiddo ! " Kwang Soo nods agreeing with Jong Kook's statement while HaHa staring straight into Gary. " Jong Kook hyung, Gary hyung, Kwang Soo ah, listen here. Well, if you want to stop this marriage, I had an idea. " Gary who just sit listless from the start finally sit straight up and open his eyes widely, interested in HaHa's idea. " My idea is.. You can leave this palace today and come back again after a few months ! How ? Great one, right ? We still had time though. " He receives a light punch at his chest after said that. " Yah ! Why I never thought about that ? Why you didn't mention it earlier ? After all those agonizing times we spent to learn all those things ! " Kwang Soo just cross hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter