Pair Which the World Would Never Think Of

Different Pair that Fits

“Wow, the street’s beauty really shows at night. The lights, the people, the stores... everything just comes to life” Chaerin smiles as she looks at the people and stores by pass by.

Chen on the other hand, watches Chaerin. Just looking at her happy makes him feel much better. It makes him forget what happened when he visited his parents, when he accidentally met up with his hyung, and when he found out that the letter he’s been holding to is a lie.

 

“So what do you usually do when you visit the street market with Minseok-oppa?” Chaerin looks at Chen like she is asking a little boy what he wants to do to feel better when he accidentally broke his toy.

“We either pick up girls or we try to pick a fight?” Chen teases her.

“Eyy.. if you’d pick up on girls, you’d just end up getting rejected. If you try to pick a fight, neither you nor Minseok-oppa can even win a fight to a bunch of high school students.”

 

Chen laughs “Ahh.. that’s what you think! Minseok-hyung can throw some big punches” mentioning Xiumin made Chen think and ask Chaerin again “Are you sure that you didn’t write any letter? You could’ve been drunk writing

Drunk writing? Is that really a thing? Could it be next to drunk driving” Chaerin playfully bumps her shoulder to Chen’s as she teases him “It’s not like what written in it is really importat... isn’t it?”

 

“YAH! I am not hoping” Chen blurt out “I just thought that you did really wrote that letter... it has your style”

“And what is it? What do you think is my style that distinct me to the crowd” she continues to tease Chen as looks around the street stores.

 

Chen was also looking around the stores as he walks side by side with Chaerin “Let’s see... You’re bold. Although you scared of what people think of you and try to hide your true self to the world, you have this side where you just shut people out and do what you want.”

“Wow that makes me sound like some unsociable brat.”

Chen shakes his head “You are kind. You have your ways of making people feel better. My proof? You are with me right now because you know I can’t bear to be alone”

“That’s because I know what it feels like to be alone and I don’t want my next closest yet awkward to be with friend to feel alone too.”

“Lastly,” Chen holds Chaerin’s hand and makes them stop on their tracks “Although we just met for few months... and even if your still that-cool-secretive-Korean-girl... and even if we’re a lot different... for some reason, you allow me to see a true side of you... even the side that you yourself are scared to accept...”

 

“which is” Chaerin locks her gaze with him.

 

“Your honest side; the one who cares, who gets scared....”Chen smiles and moves closer “So please Lee Chaerin, can’t you just be honest and admit that you wrote that letter?”

 

Chaerin smiles “ahh Kim Jongdae” she moves her face close and whispers “All the things you said... it’s like you’re describing someone else... other than me. Also, I did not write that letter so can you just drop it?”

 

Chen didn’t move and just whispered back “Fine. But don’t forget that Minseok-hyung didn’t know the advice I gave you that night we celebrated with crazy Minseok-oppa...” Chen recites the lines he remembered from the letter. “So tell me Lee Chaerin, are you ready to admit that you wrote that letter”

 

 

Chaerin didn’t look surprised. She did not blush or got angry. She just pulls back and smiles “I won’t admit it; because if I do, you’d just end up asking me another questions like why did I wrote it... that’s why I won’t. I won’t admit to Kim Jongdae that I wrote that stupid letter. Can’t we just pretend that Minseok-oppa wrote it to make you go back to Korea? Now tell me Jongdae...” she looks around “What do you and Minseok-oppa used to do when you visit places like this?”

 

 

Chen nods as if he accepts defeat and looks at Chaerin “First, we visit the stores. It doesn’t matter if it is a good store or a bad one. What matters is that we get to visit every store. Second, we grab a drink to catch up on each other’s bad day.”

“That’s it?”

“It may seem a boring thing to do, but these boring stuffs are the ones the helps us to lose track of time and forget that the world is already expecting us to be someone”

“Then let’s do it then, until the every store closes” Chaerin smiles

 

 

Chen and Chaerin did went to every store; clothing store, accessories store, antique store, toy store, book store, and a store that has anything in it.

Like Chen said, there were good and bad stores. There are also some stores where they share a few laughs because of the items it sells, because of the name of the store, or because of the grumpy salesperson Chen makes fun of.

 

 

 

“Wow you’re right” Chaerin looks at the time on her phone “It does make us lose track of time. What’s next for our agenda?”

Chen also looks at his phone “I don’t think we can have a drink tonight.”

“Why? Are you scared that you’d get drunk faster than me?”

 

“Well... no. Because we can’t afford to go home drunk since we don’t have a ride home and we’ll have to take the bus.” Chen smiles as he walks ahead while Chaerin was left dumbfounded

 

“Wha—what did you say?” Chaerin turns to Chen who was now few steps away “Kim Jongdae.. yah... Chen-ssi!”

 

Chen laughs as Chaerin catch up o him “Mwo? Chen-ssi? I don’t have a problem with you calling me Chen, but can you address me as oppa?”

 

“Yah,” Chaerin hit’s Chen’s arm “First, how sure are you that you are my oppa? And if you are, do you think I’d address you as my oppa? You could be months older than me but I think more like an adult compared to you. Second,” she hits his arm again “YAH! What do you mean by taking a bus? Where is Song-ahjussi? And do you know what time it is?! Do you think that there’d still be buses that will pass by?” Chaerin was hysterical that’s why Chen can’t help but laugh aloud until he gets teary eyed;

 

“What’s this? Lee Chaerin’s first mental breakdown!” Chen rubs his hand on his arm that Chaerin has hit many times “Don’t shoot... or hit, the messenger. How was I supposed to know that Song-ahjussi will have a family emergency? Also, I bet that just in five minutes, a bus to Seoul will pull over that stop”

 

 

Hours have passed and it’s nearly 12 AM. They are sitting on the waiting shed of the bus stop. Chaerin was sitting on the other end of the bench while Chen peeks at her from time to time.

 

“Chaerin...” Chen turns his head when she didn’t respond “Chaerin-ah. Chaerin-ssi. Chaerin-noona” he was making a fool out of himself as he tries to do some aegyo.

 

 

Chaerin makes a click sound with her tongue and she crosses he legs. She turn her head to look at Chen and inhales and exhales as if she is trying to hold back her temper “Jongdae-ah.. Jongdae-ssi... Chen-ssi. Can you tell me where is that bus to Seoul you’ve promise me hours ago?”

 

 

“Are you mad because I allowed Song-ahjussi to go to his family emergency or because this day didn’t turn out to be what you’ve expected?” Chen was looking at the empty road in front of them

 

Chaerin lets out an air. She sits closer to Chen “Maybe I was mad or irritated to you for an hour or so because of this unexpected turn of events. But then again, you had a far worst day compared to me because of some unexpected turn of events;” She also looks at the empty road “Damn that unexpected turn of events”

 

“Well as much I want curse everything that happened today, I want to thank you. Thank you for accompanying me today. And this might be the last time I could mention the letter you’ve written... you don’t have to say a word to explain, you just need to listen... That actual letter is not the reason why I came back to Korea. It was because they’re YOUR letter, your words; they’re the reason why I came back to fix a life I’ve thrown away. I realized that I am not given forever that’s why I need to do something before my time runs out. So thank you”

 

 

 

“Yes”

 

“What?”

 

 

“Yes, I wrote the letter” Chaerin turns her head to face Chen “I need to admit that I wrote it first before I owe up to the credits” she smiles “I guess I am stupid for denying it earlier... but it’s only because I am scared to be asked why I wrote it. But now I can tell you why” she makes a gesture on her hand as if it was a phone and puts it near her ear.

 

Chen looks at her and smiles.

 

“Yah, pick up!” Chaerin felt awkward. Chen plays along and answers the phone.

 

“Just listen to what I have to say ok. I don’t do these kinds of stuffs often because... I am not you. I don’t look cute doing childish stuffs. Compared to you, I look stupid... so here it goes” she exhales “You don’t know how cool you are. With you being straight forward in confessing. You being able to say how you really feel. You being kind-hearted to every person you meet... you don’t know how much I like side of yours. That’s why before I left; I thought that I should be more like you... bold and honest”

“But—”

“No. I am not as bold and as honest as you think. But you, you are much more than you think you are. Your words could affect a person; that’s why I wrote the letter... to be like you. I thought that I could at least try to be the one brighten up your day, even if it is just once and is the last.”

 

 

“Now listen to what I have to say,” he turns to her “Do you really think that once you wrote me that letter that would be our last? Do you think that I could easily say goodbye to you? I’ve been trying to tell you this too many times... we are like a pair which the world would never think of putting together because we are too different with each other... but I don’t care. When we met and got to hang out in Beijing, I can see that being a different pair isn’t bad at all.”

 

Just then, it was like everything turned all right again because Chaerin was able to speak her heart out, Chen was able to make Chaerin realize how dear she is to him, and a bus to Seoul pulls over?..

 

A bus to Seoul pulls over, does this mean they have to again pretend that they didn’t have this conversation.

 

 

Chen stands up and faces Chaerin “That’s it then! Shall we go?” he was about to leave when Chaerin held his hand. She was still sitting on the bench.

 

 

“Chamkkanmanyo!(wait a minute)” she held onto Chen’s arm “I can’t believe I’m doing this” she mumbles and stands up still holding Chen’s arm “I don’t want to leave yet. Can’t we just check in a hotel? I really wanted to see the sunset on a nearby beach here... also, maybe we could grab a drink the next day.”

 

Chen just smiles because they both know the real reason why they don’t want to go back to Seoul yet. At least for a day or two, they hope to just stay away from reality. They hope to still stay in their world where they don’t need to forget and pretend that the sweet things they say and do did not happen.

 

 

They hope to stay with each other for a day or two to really see if they could be a pair that fits perfectly.

- - - - - E N D - - - - - 


A/N:

I have to say sorry... I did not forget of the weekly update, I just have much school works lately... sorry again.(シ_ _)シ

Not much to say here but I just have to ask... was this chapter ok to you? the two finally freaking confessed! even I was becoming mad to the characters (& myself) because they kept on pretending that they don't have feelings for each other. Comment what you think of this chapter & characters?Don't worry about harsh comments.. I'm still cool with it. Just let me know what you think. (⌐■_■)

Endless thank you to my amazing readers! (๑´•.̫ • `๑)