Getting Lost In a Phone Conversation

Different Pair that Fits

“Lee Chaerin, are you really mad because of what I said earlier?” Chen looks at her who’s looking out the window of the car and seems to be lost on her own thoughts. “Chaerin-ah” he taps on Chaerin’s shoulder.

 

Chaerin was able to snap out of her thoughts and looks at Chen “Yes? You said something?”

“Ahh nothing... you seemed to be really busy. I’m sorry that this date did not turn out well” he looks ahead

 

“YAH! Stop saying that this is a date!” Chaerin was about to hit Chen’s arm when she realized that he has a serious look on. “Look, I am not giving you silent treatment because I am mad. I am quiet because I’m thinking how I can make you feel better. When we were in Beijing, you always find a way to make me feel better just by talking to me. I feel bad because you don’t have Minseok to cheer you up and I am not a person who is really good at talking.”

“Says who?” Chen looks at her “When I talk to you I feel—”

Chen felt uncomfortable saying these things to Chaerin when they’re in a small place and Song-ahjussi could clearly hear what they’re talking about.

“I thought of a way that you could help me, let’s just get lost for the remaining time of this day”

 

Chaerin tilts her head as she tries to figure out what Chen said.

 

“Ah, Song-ahjussi can we stop over the next gasoline station? I need to go to make a stop over”

 

When they got to the gasoline station, Chaerin also went to the bathroom while Chen told her that he would be just buying a few things to a nearby convenient store. When Chaerin got out of the bathroom, she was shocked when Chen grabs her by her arm and hides in a corner.

“YAH! Stop doing these things” Chaerin couldn’t help but be surprised.

 

Chen covers Chaerin’s mouth with his hand. He was standing really close Chaerin while she was leaned on the wall. He smiles and says “So... you want to get lost with me?”

Chaerin slowly peeled off Chen’s hand on but didn’t argue “So what’s your plan?”

“Well, it’s just noon. But it would take us time to get to a nearby town, and if we’re lucky and there could be street markets at night we could go to”

“Fine. But I do need my space back since your taking too much of it” Chaerin smiles as she tease Chen who was standing too close to her.

 

 

Chen leads the way as they walk on the streets and sneakily leave Song-ahjussi at the gas station.

“Where are we going?” Chaerin trails behind Chen.

“To a nearby bus stop” Chen looks at her and smiles

“Look, I am not much familiar of this place but I think that if we just walk few more blocks, we’d find a nearby town”

“Ey Lee Chaerin, if you’re going to get lost with me for the remaining time of this day... do you really think I’d just do some boring stuff with you?”

“Wow, did you plan this in a short time? I guess that explains the bag of snack you’ve been carrying”

 

 

Chen and Chaerin got into the bus after they waited a few minutes in the nearby bus stop. Chen sat down on by the window while Chaerin also choose to sit by the window that’s why she chose the sit that was before Chen’s.

“If you’re going to try to make me feel better, not talking to me or not sitting beside me wouldn’t be a help” Chen whispers as he leans infront to move close to the seat of Chaerin.

Chaerin turns to face Chen whom she could see in the between of her seats. “We could talk even if I am not beside you. Also, I feel comfortable like this, as if it was Beijing and I am just talking to you on the phone”

 

 

“Okay then, let’s talk.”  Chen leans back and smiles “How’s your stay here?”

Chaerin was also seated comfortably as she leans back on her seat “You were wrong on so many things, like me being a stronger person than you.. But there is one thing you’re right about, I could survive this place as long as I try”

 

There was a moment of silence that’s why Chaerin had to peek in between her seats to check on Chen. She meets with his eyes and gives him a look as if she is asking for her reply. Chen just smiled and says “Your turn.”

“What?”

“You don’t have any questions to ask me? Don’t you remember how we became comfortable talking to each other on the phone? We always have this rule where I ask a question, you answer then you ask me a question back”

 

Chaerin nods as she recalls their days in Beijing “Ahh.. I’ve completely forgotten of that”

“Also, don’t peek on me. Aren’t we supposed to be talking on a phone?” Chen pretened that he was colding a phone phone and puts it near his ears “I’m waiting”

 

Chaerin let out a light laugh as she faces in front “Why isn’t Minseok-oppa with you? Did you have a fight before you left Beijing?”

“Yah Lee Chaerin, you’ve been mentioning Minseok-hyung lately. Do you like my friend?”

“KIM JONGDAE” Chaerin looks at him but Chen shows his fake phone asking her to talk to her on the phone. Chaerin leans back again “No. I do not like him the way you think. Just like being with you, I grew comfortable to him and find him a funny oppa”

“It feels weird when you call hyung oppa since hyung doesn't even look that old and is childish” Chen sounded a little jealous “Fine, I’ll answer your question... Ahni, it’s completely the opposite. We were on well terms before I left. Yes, I hated him on asking me to go back. I hated him on letting me go back alone. But I realized that I have to stop becoming a dead weight to Minseok-hyung.”

 

“You’re not a dead weight...” her voice trails off.

 

“Yah, were not supposed to reply on other’s answer remember?... MY QUESTION, Are you happy?”

Chaerin bit her lower lip then lets a curve form on her lips “After I came here, I learned to smiled more, so my answer is yes... but I can’t help but feel bad seeing you broken”

“I am not”

“Eyy, we’re not supposed to reply the other’s answer, remember?

“Yes, I just forgot it for a second. Now for my question”

“What? But I haven’t asked you one”

“Yes you did. You asked if I remember one of our rules in talking on the phone as we try to get to know each other”

“That’s cheating”

“That’s the rule. NOW, for my question... we don’t have much time left since the next stop is where we’ll go.” Chen exhales and lets out an air “When you left Beijing, other than that short thank you-goodbye text message, did you really ask Minseok-hyung to give me a particular sketch?”

“Yes”

“Were you the one who wrote the letter?” he feels like dying for being too forward to Chaerin. What was he thinking! He should have chosen a better place before he brought it up in their conversation.

 

“What are you talking about?”

“Didn’t you include a message on the sketch?” now, Chen really does feel like dying.

“Kim Jongdae, I DID DREW YOU..but” Chaerin

“But you--”

 

Their bus goes to stop, Chaerin gets up from her seat and looks at Chen as she smiles “Oops... conversation got cut off” she makes her way out while Chen chases after her

 

“Yah Lee Chaerin, are you joking or is it true that you did not wrote it”

 

Chaerin just raise her shoulder “I don’t know what you’re talking about”

 

Chaerin leaves the bus first because Chen had to get back for his things on his seat. As Chen tries to catch up with Chaerin “Aish! Did Minseok-hyung just wrote that letter to try to convince me to come to Korea.. AISH!” he curses the wind hoping that Xiumin would hear him cursing him.

- - - - - E N D - - - - -


A/N:

UPDATE! so nothing much happened here..but did you still like it?(╯_╰”) Aigoo, authornim here is worried that you readers are bored. MIANHAE~(シ_ _)シ

Before anything elese! I would like to tell you guys that I have this poll for DPTF special chapter. I 'd appreciate it if you take time to vote.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Again! I would like to show my gratitude to my dear lovely beauitufl readers! I am glad that you guys read and even take time to comment.. aiggoo~I'm so touched! ( ಥ_ಥ) Please do leave comments & upvotes (&addmeassafriend) would make author-nim very happy like a bear~kkk

⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ (yeah.. this is my happy face)