2

The Miracle [INDEFINATE HIATUS]

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Jonghyun asked Kibum who was bent over the toilet for the third time that day.

“Well, I thought I was.” Kibum managed in between heaves.

“Did you catch a flu or something?” Jonghyun asked concerned as he patted Kibum’s back comfortingly.

“I don’t think so,” Kibum wiped his mouth and made his way to the sink. “I mean, Taemin had a cold a few weeks ago but I feel like I’d have caught it a while ago.”

“This is concerning, Kibum.” Jonghyun stated, his eyebrows furrowed. “I think you should go see the doctor.”

“I think so too.” Kibum admitted, letting Jonghyun lead him to the bed where he laid down.

“I’ll call and set up an appointment.” Jonghyun nodded before leaving the bedroom to get his phone.

****************************************************************************************

It had been a day before Kibum was able to get an appointment with his doctor, Dr. Lee Jinki. He liked the doctor, he was friendly and kind of a dork (in an endearing way) and a very good doctor. Doctor Lee had been recommended by his doctor back in Daegu when he had moved to Seoul for school.

“Hello Kibum,” Dr. Lee’s friendly voice rang through the room as he entered. “Oh, hello Jonghyun! How are you?”

“I’m fine, thank you.” Jonghyun replied while Kibum rolled his eyes affectionately at the doctor’s every present friendliness.

“So, what’s wrong Kibum?” Dr. Lee, also known as Onew, asked.

“Well, the other day I started feeling sick to my stomach. Then, I just randomly began throwing up but what’s weird is that as sudden as it came it disappeared.”  Kibum explained.

“The nausea?” Onew clarified.

“Yeah, I’ve never heard of anything like it.” Kibum nodded.

“Any other symptoms?” Onew asked, writing down Kibum’s details.

“Well, I’ve been a lot hungrier than usual?” Kibum said warily. “But, I think that’s because of all the projects that I’ve been assigned lately.”

“Oh?” Onew looked up briefly.

“He’s also been kind of moody.” Jonghyun offered.

“I have?” Kibum asked.

“Just a little. Not that bad.” Jonghyun smiled kindly at Kibum.

“Interesting.” Onew said curiously.

“What do you mean by that?” Kibum crossed his arms teasingly.

“Well, I have a few theories but I want to run a few tests before I make a final prognosis.” Onew smiled reassuringly at the couple.

“You and your big words.” Kibum scoffed.

“They’re hardly that big, Kibum.” Onew laughed. “I’ll get my nurse in here to help you.”

“Help me?” Kibum’s eyes widened. “Woah woah woah. What do you mean ‘help’?!”

“Well, I have to run blood tests.” Onew laughed when Kibum’s eyes widened.

“‘Have to’?”

“Yes, I need to see your hormone levels.” Onew laughed.

“Fine.” Kibum crossed his arms.

 

Shortly after Onew left the room, a kind nurse with slightly grey hair came in with needles and tubes. Kibum cringed at the sight of the needles and immediately gripped Jonghyun’s hands. Thankfully, the nurse was quick with getting the needles in so it didn’t hurt that much.

It took a few more minutes before Onew made his way back into the room. This time, he had a different nurse with a big machine.

“Okay,” Onew smiled reassuringly. “I need you to lift up your shirt and pull your pants down to your hips for me.”

“Huh?” Jonghyun asked, confused.

“I need to do an ultrasound so I can be one hundred percent sure.”

“Um, okay?” Kibum complied with Onew’s request.

“Alright, let’s take a look.”

The nurse spread the cold gel onto the “slippery thingy” and then began to rub it on Kibum’s lower stomach. At first Kibum laughed, feeling like he was being tickled but as soon as he heard a heartbeat he froze. His eyes snapped towards the monitor, knowing that the sound of a heartbeat that low in his body was not normal. He had watched enough TV and movies to recognize that noise.

“Please don’t tell me….” Kibum choked out when he found his voice.

“Congratulations,” Onew smiled at him. “See that little bean thing? That’s your baby.”

“Our what?!” Jonghyun nearly shouted.

“Congrats, Kibum. You’re pregnant.”

********************************************************************************************************************************************************

E/N: We live (E/N: http://media.tumblr.com/baa66b83079e0cfb94328d9d721b7acc/tumblr_inline_n5skaztIsm1qjvk4o.gif) Sorry it took so long, Bre graduated college on the 19th so she was busy packing up her room and doing all that fun stuff (Ugh, I'm still unpacking. It's terrible) so we're running a little behind, but we figured you guys wouldn't mind too much. On a happy note, I passed my oral boards today which means that I get to graduate from my high school (Clarification: Nikki is part of the NHS so it's not like she's failing. Every senior that goes to our high school is required to do a senior project and do a ton of stuff for it. One of the things is a 10-15 minute speech on what you did. It's awful and a major pain in the ). So I'll be graduating next month :D and I'm mega pumped! Like, the amount of pumped that I am is off the walls!!!!

 

So about this chapter: Please keep in mind that this is clearly a time jump. It has been about a month since the last chapter. You don't really feel any symptoms right away but because Key is a guy we had to find some way for him to figure out he was pregnant. So, yeah :) Hope you liked this chapter.