Dois. Segundo.

A Garota De Ipanema.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A month had passed, a solid one month, 30 days straight and no breaks.

And yet still no progress.

Seunghyun had been coming in there for 30 days straight and still hasn’t mustered up the courage to talk to the lovely pianist. A few of the baristas there that was once so astounded with his presence grew accustomed to it, they were immediately familiarized by him lingering within the perimeter of the piano and the pianist, and the fact that he kept on coming there because of her even though he would always buy a book occasionally and pretended to read or kept his expression neutral whenever she was around. There was no way that a man with the right mind would ever come within a mile to read 50 shades of grey out in the open like he did, it was even a miracle that no reporters to even report it or even a mischievous anti or fan. It was amusing, to see a man so whipped and so oblivious, so they played their parts

He came there so often that on the minute he sat down, a barista came in and placed a cup of his americano and oreo cheesecake on the table just as he were about to take out his book to ‘read’. Seunghyun stared at the cup then at the barista a couple of time, the barista was one of the workers he himself has familiarized with, Seunghyun often see his face and may have once hinted that he was curious about the pianist as he was paying for another book he won’t actually get to read, ever.

“Just talk to her, mister.” The young barista spoke as he looked as Seunghyun with a frown.

Seunghyun sighed and raised his hands as if he were caught red handed. “You don’t like me here, huh?”

The small boy shook his head before letting out a lethargic laugh, slightly amused. “No, I don’t mind you coming everyday. You coming here every day wasting money to buy coffee and cheesecake and books you will never get to read, it’s good for our business.”

Seunghyun made a face. "I read those."

The child arched an eyebrow and smirked, knowing that Seunghyun is lying through his teeth. "Really? So what happened to Daisy in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button?"

The older scowled and the younger boy smiled in triumph, Seunghyun was so painfully predictable and readable. He was like an open children's story book, easy to read and easy to decipher.

“But it’s sort of sad seeing you turning to stone as if she was medusa every time she passes you.” The boy turned to look at the piano, seeing that she was already there occupying the chair before playing yet again another beautiful tune. “She doesn’t bite and don’t you want to spend that money to buy her dinner maybe?”

How could she? Seunghyun thought, he didn’t think that someone as gentle looking as her can even have the thoughts of wanting to bite someone. But then again he doesn’t know her yet, but he’s very sure that someone who produces beauty from their hands can never be someone so hostile. But then again, he still doesn’t know.

But he’s pretty sure she doesn’t.

And he would give out his seventh hocrux just to take her to dinner, it sounds nice, dinner sound very nice. Alone, the two of them with candle lights and outside is either the sight of Seoul when looking down or the stars above. Dinner sounded nice, yet so far away.

“And she’s apparently single.” The barista spoke up all of a sudden, earning a smack on the leg by an annoyed Seunghyun. “I thought you might be wondering!”

It was true, on his conquest to talk to her, ‘Is she single?’ became one of the questions that looms in his mind every single time he would exit the cafe without any information about her whatsoever.

She played another tune, and finished just as she’s supposed to. Because nothing is eternal, and sometimes things just have to stop. She stood up from her seat and proceeded to walk to the counter, disappearing behind the mahogany door, just like the other days he would come here. But on this day there was something different, the young boy that was talking to Seunghyun a few minutes ago had come up to the pianist, and for the first time, she turned her head towards him and smiled. Seunghyun swore he heard angels rejoicing and the sound of his heart beat beating so fast he wonders if she could hear it from all the way over there.

The realization that she was already in front of him hasn’t dawned to him until he noticed moving and the barista boy already laughing behind the comforts of the counter along with his few other friends.

“Seunghyun-ssi?” She called out. And Seunghyun swore this was the voice of an angel.

Seunghyun immediately shook his head and bowed. “Ah, uh, um, yes.” He stammered, finding it hard to speak to her. He gulped a lump that was forming on his throat and met eyes with hers. “How did you know my name?”

Smooth.

“How can anyone not know your name? I’m shocked that this place hasn’t b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter