Quatro.

A Garota De Ipanema.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seunghyun lived and extravagant life filled with green bills and what it could buy in stacks of hundreds, he has girls the ground he walk on, media to worship and raise his name, fans to love him and people that were jealous of him. But none of it seemed like a dream to him until he realized that Yubin was sitting in front of him in his studio. He thinks not of his riches and achievements, he was not that overwhelmed with his success. Not that he was ungrateful, no. It was just none of it ever brought to mind and now as she sat there, simply existing, he starts to wonder if everything and anything was just a figment of his imagination. He couldn’t tell what was real and what was simply a dream. Was she really there? Is she really here? Was he really there as well or was he just imagining things up?

Even if it was a dream, Seunghyun begged to any god that will listen to not wake him up. For what could be even better than this?

“So.” She finally said. Tapping her knees as she looks around his studio, smiling.

And even after the short while he has known her, he still manages to take his breath away every moment as if he had met her for the very first time.

“So.” He replied. Shrugging and smiling all too widely, laughing way too nervously as he spins around in his chair.

“So now what?” She asked, tilting her head to the side.

“Now?” He gulps tho trying to make it as inaudible as possible. “Um, now…” He stammers, scratching his head out of frustration. “Now?” He asked again.

Yubin simply laughs at his nervousness. “Yes, Seunghyun. Now what?” She asked again, softly this time yet there were no hints of annoyance or any ill will and she kept on smiling and patiently waits for him to snap out of his state and answer her properly. She wasn’t sending off any vibes that she was thinking something else behind that smiling face of hers, nor did she want to rush him either. It was as if she understands, as if she knows that he’ll stammer, and as is she’s perfectly okay with it.

Seunghyun sighs, he shouldn’t have kept her waiting, not after she agreed to go out of her way and help him. “Honestly? I don’t really know.” He answered truthfully. “I haven’t thought about it that far and in all honesty I thought you’d refuse.”

She gasped in mock insulted. “Oh so that’s how you think of me?”

He shook his head laughing. “Oh no! Not at all! It’s just that I was always preparing for the worst and when you said yes, I was too happy and didn’t think further.”

“Oh? But who would ever refuse you?”

He shrugs. “Not many. In fact, none at all. I am the Choi Seunghyun.” He said, putting an emphasis on the word ‘the’. “But that doesn’t mean I shouldn’t prepare for the rejection.”

“The Choi Seunghyun.” She mimicked him, laughing a bit. “No one can say no to the Choi Seunghyun.” She chuckled.

He smiled bitterly. “Is that perhaps why you said yes to me?” He asked her.

“No.” She shook her head. “I said yes because I wanted to.”

And Seunghyun swore right there, he heard his heart falling accompanied with a thousand of euphoric melodious harmonies.

It didn’t take long afterwards for them to work. It was nice to hear the melodies again, to be doing the only thing he knows he’s good at and to do what he loves; creating music. He could hear the tunes again, he could hear the lyrics having life in them, having soul, having meaning. All of it, all of the melodies she suggested fell perfectly into the right place. It was as if she knew the song, it was as if she heard it before it was ever produced, it was as if she was the key, as if she was everything that was missing in his life and more that he couldn’t explain it.

Everything felt so right and for the first time, Seunghyun felt at home.

As outlandish as it seems, with her he felt a sense of life, excitement in small whispers of the mundane, thrill, and passion. He felt things that he never felt even as he stood on a stage in front of multitudes, no crowd had ever made him feel the rush of excitement to the head like how she does simply by breathing, and no crowd ever will. He felt like he was blinded by a sense of unexplainable joy, he felt time went by so quickly that he wouldn’t be shocked to find out that when he walked out of his door it was already the year 5000. She was sugar, and spice, and she was everything nice that the world had to offer all in one beautiful, breath taking entity.

The moment he saw her he knew that was it.

“Wow hyung, you finished an entire album in a day it seems with the piano lady there. Can’t believe you actually brought her here.” Seungyoon said as he saw the older man coming out of his studio. “And wait, why is your face-oh. OOOH.” Seungyoon smirked.

Surprised by the sudden change of attitude, Seunghyun threw a questioning glance. “What? What about my face? are there chocolates? But I don’t remember eating anything. Or is there something on my face?”

The younger just snickered after seeing how flustered the older man is. True to his words, Seunghyun would lose all reason if he were to fall in love. The younger just didn’t expect it to be so soon and so hard, not after the incident.

“Hey.” Seungyoon turned around and saw two familiar figures, another one of his seniors and an ex Big Bang member, along with his girlfriend sauntering to the scene.  

“Jiyong hyung.” Seungyoon said and bowed. “Sohee noona.”

Jiyong took off his sunglasses to take a look at Seunghyun who was so busy looking at himself from a phone and trying to what it seems like making himself look more presentable than he already is, the oldest was messing up his hair and combing it again with his hand repeatedly. Sure, Jiyong knew the eldest was a bit eccentric at times but that doesn’t seem to help him understand as to why Seunghyun acts

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter