Um. Primeiro.

A Garota De Ipanema.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was something about melodies that intrigues Seunghyun, and about lyrics and music as well. But not the ones that you often hear whenever the radio is on, or every time you turn Mtv on. No, those are useless repetitive crap. The song was too loud, there are clear evidence of product placements all over the music video, and he doesn’t even think that they can even be called a song since all it is was a bunch of yelling rich people complaining about things that they never experienced in the first place. What's worse is that the song was produced without an ounce of art anf feelings in them. The songs today are simply a circle jerk event for them to reap even more money. How sad that music now is reduced into a useless media.

There are only a few musicians in his generations that are and can actually be labelled as good, and even some of them are already polluted with the minds of money oriented. People now are too caught up with money, they all disregarded every fundamental things that makes a good song worth listening to.

Sad, money ruins everything yet without it we can’t do much.

Oh the irony.

When he was young, good songs can be found effortlessly. You walk down a street and hear it from someone else's boom box, store, and even the television shows something that was worth while. Now he has to search the whole internet just for one good song, one song that has a sense of originality, a sense of passion in them, feelings, emotions, a good combination of rhythm, sense! A good song is one that can make the hair on your arms tingle and stand up, your heart starts to palpitate according to the rhythm of the song, and it was as if meeting a lover, you know that they’re the one. And those songs will never grow old, cause even when you hear them countlessly, they will still feel brand new.

Imagine skimming the internet, he had to search to page 20 in google search! It was like literally finding a needle in a hay stack, times infinity and take it to the depth of endless information and you still won't have a glimpse of how hard and how large the internet is.

Choi Seunghyun was the renowned member of the famous asian boy band named Big Bang, dubbed as T.O.P. But now he lives his life as his own person, as the Choi Seunghyun and not Choi Seunghyun a. k. a T.O.P of Big Bang. The group disbanded quietly a few years back and had given a new group named WINNER to take their throne thinking that their time as a group has come to an end and that it all has been a great one hell of a run, though the disbandment does not mean that they’re not in contact with each other and retired. No, the others are busy in their own lives and still remaining in the same company as their own persons as well. They’re still active and well known, but now without the name of ‘Big Bang’ behind everything that they do.

Choi Seunghyun became an acclaimed music producer and songwriter, he remembers it well because he has his own albums mounted on his walls as a reminder. Yet now He can’t even produce a single melody and he didn’t even know why. This has been going on for awhile, he would come up for work, all pumped and ready and yet at the end of the day he was at the weird part of youtube watching a bunch of weird cats and their owners with a bunch of blank papers and an untouched window of his opened music editing software. Nothing was done, though he’s very updated about the internet world, about how there’s a new viral video up and et cetera.

He lost his sense of melody, he can write up a bunch of lyrics and yet not find the rhythms that suits them and that frustrates him to the high heaven. It was as if he woke up and that talent was somehow taken away by God, or another celestial entity, Seunghyun never was a believer of God. He wanted to produce another great song, one that can captivate people’s hearts yet he cannot even do so properly.

“Try going to this cafe, hyung.” Seungyoon, his junior, suggested once after finding his hyung already in what it seems to be the verge of insanity, playing in a slide that was too small for his size (but it was just Seunghyun’s way of relieving stress, but he plays along. He’s got an image to keep with or without Big Bang). “If I’m brainstuck and needed some inspiration, I always go there.”

The younger boy even gave in an address of a certain cafe that would help him unwind and get some ideas as well, also saying that they make the best cheesecake in all of South Korea, which Seunghyun think he might be slightly exaggerating.

“They even have this cute pianist.” The younger added with a soft nudge and a wink.

Freaking kids, Seunghyun thought as he rolled his eyes, freaking hormonal teenagers.

Seunghyun was famous for his hard headedness and he didn’t go to the cafe that his junior told him until he heard that it was actually a bookstore cafe, and that particular place sells the only book that he was dying to read. Seunghyun had forgotten all about wanting to make a song in a short period of time, he, like many others, retreated to procrastination and got distracted with other things.

He found the cafe was located in nearly the quiet suburban part of the city, a quiet and quaint part of the whole city, the part in which cars rarely go by and you can actually breathe fresh air. The building was small and only two storeys tall, it has the exterior of an old european town house, there were potted plants outside the doors, and something that just screams familiarity in his heart.

The building stood proudly in its beige taupe paint. As he stood there he can see variations of people come in and out, most of them looked like the same type of people, the ones that was searching for some peace amidst the hard and crowded life in the city. Much like him, he should fit in somehow. There were children playing outside of the cafe since if yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter