Hyde And Shriek (Part 1)

Tales After Dark (An MBLAQ Halloween Special)

It was a nice sunny day where the sun was shining bright and where people were walking or talking with a smile on their faces. But amongst those people here lies a 18 year old boy who isn't feeling good about himself more than the day and it is only because he knows what happens in his everyday life which isn't much pleasant like everyone else. 

He finally arrived at his school and breathed the fresh air in the summer. He was looking to his left and right to check if that person was going to show up but luckily he was little early and was saved from that guy. He went towards his lockers and was getting his books that he needed in Math class until someone had stopped by at his locker.

"Hey Mir!" A girl greeted happily to him and that girl was none other than Im Nana, the high school beauty and his secret crush.

"O-oh hey Nana! How are you....?" Mir nervously asked Nana who was oblivious to his shyness.

"Yeah I'm good and I just wanna say thank you for explaining to me about the simultaneous equations in Algebra. They can surely be confusing sometimes..." Nana talked to Mir with a smile which makes Mir heart skip a beat.

"Yeah! They can really confuse a lot..." Mir laughed off Nana's words.

"Omo! I almost forgot! I was wondering if you can meet me in the library after class and teach me on Chemistry and Math.." Nana suggested to Mir who was more than happy to oblige.

"Yes! I mean I would love to teach you..." Mir said while trying to hide his eagerness in front of Nana.

"Well alright! I'll see you in English class. Bye Mir!" Nana went to her Chemistry class while Mir was still dazed by Nana's beauty until a voice had broke him out his thoughts.

"Well well well, if it isn't BANG Mir!" The voice had belonged to Park Cheondung, the Kingka in the school and the bully who torments Mir every day.

"Morning..." Mir muttered to Cheondung who appeared with his two followers and they pushed Mir against the lockers.

"So...did you do my Chemistry assignment...?" Cheondung whispered harshly to Mir who was being held by his followers.

"Y-yes I did.." Mir replied Cheondung motioned his followers to let Mir down who handed the assignment in his hands.

"Very Good Mir-ah! We'll guess I'll see you later..." Cheondung sniggered along with his followers while Mir was seething in anger and went to his class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Luckily he didn't get bullied much and went through the day pleasantly during his English class since Nana was there. Then the bell rang and teachers handed out their assignments while going out.

"Omo! I just couldn't believe how someone could understand Shakespeare, he had such a complicated life balancing with women and his work." Nana joked to Mir who was laughing.

"Well Shakespeare is a really complicated guy, but this guy can woo any girl with his sonnets.." Mir joked back to Nana who giggled.

"So I guess I'll see you tomorrow in the library..." Mir was about to walk away until Nana called him.

"Wait! Let me give you my number just in case if something happens...araso..." Nana said softly while looking at Mir who was so entranced by her eyes.

"Yeah! I guess why not..?" Both of them had exchanged their numbers and went their way not knowing that someone had spied on them and was planning something worse for tommorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

It was another sunny day and Mir was feeling happier than ever since it was the day he get to spend with Nana for half the day. He got dressed quickly, wore his specs and went to school with a smile on his face.

He arrived at school on time and luckily Cheondung didn't arrive yet to flush his head on the toilet or pound him against the locker. He shook those thoughts and towards his locker until he found a small note.

'Meet me in the hall after school, I have a surprise for you....'

Mir looked a little puzzled as to who would give the note but decided to go there and check it out after school. Finally three classes later, the school had ended and it was time to go to the hall to find out what was going on.

When he entered the hall, he saw all the students were seated and he saw himself in front of them. He started to have a weird feeling and was about to leave until Cheondung appeared.

"Oh what's the hurry Mir...? Don't you wanna know why you're here....?" Cheondung said in a mocking yet menacing tone.

Mir shook his head and was about to run until Cheondung's followers grabbed him and dragged him in front of the stage where Cheondung was standing with a microphone.

"Now! You all may know our fellow student Bang Mir here.....just yesterday I caught him after school with another student, Im Nana who was talking to him..." Cheondung let a mocking gasp and all the girls were gasping and the guys looked at him sternly.

"Not only that, he got her phone number and was planning on stalking and blackmailing her and I heard it with my own ears..." The students had gasped again after listening to Cheondung's lies while Mir was trying to speak if only his mouth wasn't covered by one of the followers.

"We all know Im Nana is a very repsectable student and comes from a respectable family, we all don't wanna see her image getting tarnished by this guy here cause he is nothing but a loser." All the students agreed with the lie while Mir was shooking his head from the lies Cheondung had told them.

"Thank you for agreeing with this, but I'll make sure he will get a 'punishment' so that he will never think of doing it again."

Cheondung motioned his followers to drag Mir on the centre of the stage while the students where chanting 'PUNISH HIM' and all of a sudden, a can of red paint fell over him and the students started laughing at his plight.

Mir felt so angry and embarassed that this day would take such a wrong turn like this and it is only because of Park Cheondung who was going after Nana and knew he did it all this out of jealousy. Cheondung walked towards him with a secret smirk on his face and whispered in his ears.

"This is what you get for trying to get Nana cause she only belongs with me and not a loser like you..." Cheondung walked away after mocking Mir who then ran away from the hall and went running to his house and entered the bathroom trying to wash off the paint with tears of anger and frustration.

"AAAAAAH!!!" Mir screamed out in anger and stayed in the shower for a while with tears falling down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After that, he got changed into warm clothes and sat on his bed while looking at space. He broke out of thoughts when he heard his cell phone ringing and saw it was Nana.

"Hi..." Mir answered in a broken voice.

"Hey Mir! It's Nana....I was waiting for you in the library for 10 minutes and I heard about what happened to you earlier...Mianhe.." Nana apologised on the phone and Mir felt glad that she was concerned about him.

"Anni! You didn't do anything and I guess it was totally unexpected...." Mir convinced Nana who was still disgreeing him.

"Well what Cheondung did was wrong spreading lies about you and the truth is that I only saw him as a friend and nothing else. If only he was in your shoes, then he would've known how you feel right now..."

"It's alright Nana, I'm fine now and you don't to worry about me." Mir replied to Nana with a smile.

"Well araso....I guess I'll come over to your house to study another day...Bye Mir and get well soon..." Nana said sweetly to Mir before disconnecting the phone while Mir was feeling happy to hear Nana's voice soothing him from pain he had suffered today. It was 8.30 pm and the night had fallen, Mir was walking around the streets after he had to run an errand for his mother from the super market and thought of get a fresh air outside.

All of a sudden he heard a noise and looked down, he saw a small black cat meowing in the cat and looked like it was hungry.

"Awwww you're hungry.....come here girl...." Mir called sweetly to the cat while picking it up, the cat somehow loved Mir's company while it gently. Mir was walking straight on the street with the cat in his hands until a door from a store had opened up and revealed two guys who were young but slightly older than him.

"Awwww Mimi....I told you not to run away like that..." The boy with a baby face had cooed over the cat and the cat had jumped into it's owner's arms.

"Oh thank goodness we found him Yoseob-ah! Thank you so much...." The guy next to him thanked Mir.

"Anni! It was nothing, I was just out and about and saw that cat crying for help and so I just wanted to find the owner..."

"Wow thank you so much for finding Mimi....Hey why don't you come in..?"

"Well......I don't know..." Mir was unsure until the guy cut him off before he was about to leave.

"Please....it's the least we can do and it won't take that long...." The guy asked Mir with a smile.

"Yeah I suppose so..." Mir gave in to the guys' gesture and went inside their store with them. He looked around the store and noticed it was like antique/herbal store.

"Mianhe for not introducing ourselves.....my name is Ki Kwang...." Ki Kwang introduced himself with a genuine smile.

"And my name is Yoseob, Ki Kwang's brother acutally......and you've already met Mimi..." Yo Seob introduced himself with a kiddish smile.

"My name is Chulyong, but everyone calls me Mir..." Mir introduced himself with a smile.

"Cool...Mir will do....." The boys replied back happily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mir, Ki Kwang and Yoseob were chatting happily and joking around with each other while drinking some Lemonade. But the atmosphere had went down when Mir had told the brothers about his unfortunate incident in school. The guys were shocked but they still sympathised with the traumatised teen in front of them.

"I've reached my breaking point with that guy! If only there was a way I could get my revenge...." Mir said in an angry tone to the guys who had come up with an idea in their heads.

"Well Mir-ah.....there is a way you can get even with him..." Ki Kwang suggested to Mir with a smirk.

"H-How...?" Before Mir can ask further, Yoseob opened a glass cabinet beside him and bought out a red box which had red tea bags inside them.

"W-what are those.....are they tea bags....?" Mir asked in a confusing tone but the brothers shook their heads at Mir.

"This is not just ordinary tea.....this is one of the rarest teas from Transylvania...." Ki Kwang replied to Mir.

 "W-What will happen when you drink it....?" Mir asked carefully to the brothers who were smirking at him.

"Well you will look temporarily different and more stronger....so your problem is solved." Yoseob replied with a smirk.

"Well araso, I'll take my leave now. Bye guys...." Mir waved at them smile and left the store.

He came home immediately with his mum's errands and ran upstairs to his room to try out this mysterious tea.  He already boiled the water into a cup and was carefully stirring the red tea bag which made the water go red in a few seconds.

After he was done, he lifted the the hot cup into his hands and blew at it to avoid getting his tongue getting burned.

"You'll wish you haven't messed with me in the first place because....now I'll be having the last laugh.....Park Cheondung." He said to himself and drank the cup till there wasn't any drop left.

"Arrgh...!" Mir started to breathe heavily and kneeled down to his bed, he looked at himself and saw his eyes turning into a red colour and his hands were starting to get bigger. He curled himself up in the corner of the wall and the shadow of him had turned a little bigger and more animalistic. Mir screamed for the last time before the horrible metomophisis that had taken over and he went outside from his window.

What happened right now was not just any typical night for Mir.......he had turned into a hungry and vengeful beast.....