The Cry Of The Woman (Part 1)

Tales After Dark (An MBLAQ Halloween Special)

It was such a dark night at 10.00 pm, two friends: G.O. and Joon were driving to a spy getaway after having the tiring workout during the rehearsals. G.O. was driving the car while Joon was reading the map while fixing his hair every second making G.O. laugh.

"Yah! Will you stop fixing your hair every second...it looks fine." G.O. convinced Joon who looked a little confused.

"Well...if you were me hyung, you would be doing the same thing too." Joon joked.

"C'mon! We're not going to an event or anything so stop fussing...you're like this because you got rejected by a fan girl." G.O. confessed making Joon glare at him.

"Mwoh? It's true and even the guys witnessed it." G.O. explained to Joon.

"Well...if I had known, I hadn't made a pabo out of myself..."

"Ah...who knew that she didn't came to see you but for....Rain sunbaenim!!!" G.O. roared with laughter at Joon's embarrassment.

"Yah! It's not funny hyung....she just told me that she wanted to see the person from Ninja Assassin and who also has great abs!"

"Well you're forgetting that Rain sunbaenim was in that movie and he also had GREAT ABS!" G.O. laughed at his explanation making Joon scowl.

"Araso...I get it now, no need to rub it in my face." Joon pouted like a kid.

"Araso...mianhaeyo Joon-ah it's just funny to see you get mad at little things...." G.O. took a deep breath after laughing.

"Well...you're forgiven.....by the way did anyone tell you looked better without the beard..." Joon said with a secret smirk.

"Erm....Yeah....everyone said so..." G.O answered in a confused tone after listening to Joon in another tone.

"Well that is only because with the beard, you looked REALLY OLD!" This time Joon roared with laughter making G.O. scowl while he was driving.

"Yah! I did not look old! Everyone liked me with bearded look." G.O. explained.

"Oh yeah.....why did Soo Jung from Star Golden Bell rejected you in Idol Army for that look..." Joon laughed at the memory.

"Well....she does like me but not for my looks!" G.O. said with a poker face making Joon laugh a little more.

"Yeah you're right....that explains why she went for Cheondung and Mir....these guys are just full of aegyo and are nothing but pabos..." Joon said with a laugh while G.O. was nodding to his words.

"Araso...now that we're finished embarassing each other...let's just act like mature adults like we are." G.O. reasoned with Joon and both of them were sitting quiet in the car when suddenly the car had broke down.

"Oh God! Why did the car have to break down at a night like this..." Joon complained while looking around their surroundings.

"I don't know Joon...let's get out and check.." Both G.O. and Joon got of the car and saw a smoke coming out from the front of the car. They both looked at the gas meter inside the car which was marked in the E sign and realised that the car had ran out of gas.

"Aish! How are we gonna get to the Spa..." G.O said in a frustrated tone.

"Well hyung, it will take another 20 minutes to drive there....but on foot....it might take a little longer." Joon ruffled his hair in frustration.

G.O. and Joon looked around their surroundings where they had stopped by near a forest and the night looked really dark and foggy. Both of them felt a little creeped out with the atmosphere around them and heard a howling from afar which made them jump in fright until G.O. saw something.

"Hey Joon-ah! There's a small hotel across the forest..." G.O. shouted out to Joon who was far away from him.

"Yeah! you're right, let's go and check it out..." Joon answered back and both of them and walked inside the hotel where it was quiet and empty inside.

The hotel was small looked old fashioned yet lavish but the atmosphere was very quiet in a creepy way. There was only the sound of the wind and the windows were open and were banged hard which gave a lot of chills to both of them.

"Who are you?" A voice said behind G.O. and Joon who were oblivious to the presence.

"AARRGH!" Both G.O. and Joon screamed after they had heard a voice behind them. They both looked back and saw a woman who was in her early thirties who looked at them with a stern look.

"I asked you both....who are you?"

"Errrm.....well our car had broken down and we both don't know where we are?" G.O. explained at the woman in the front of him and Joon.

"A-And we both need a place to stay for the night....if you don't mind that is...." Joon explained after G.O.

"Oh...well why didn't you say so, I would've understood your situation." The woman softened and answered back to the guys.

"So..where is your car then...?" The woman raised her brow at them.

"Oh! It's right outside next to the forest where it's opposite to your hotel." G.O. explained.

"Well....you both can stay for the night....and I will call someone to fix your car and it will be done by tomorrow. And now if you follow me, I have to register your names for the rooms" The woman commanded and went over to the desk while G.O. and Joon had followed her and were standing in front of her.

"Araso....I need your names...please." The woman asked in an authoritive tone.

"The names are G.O. and Lee Joon." G.O answered back to the woman who was writing their names down on a book. Joon was looking around where his gaze had stopped at a photo of a girl smiling and sitting next to another girl who may be her sister.

"Erm....that is a nice picture you got here Ma'Am..." Joon said to the woman who stiffened after hearing his words but she managed to fix her posture and smiled warmly at Joon.

"Yeah...it is a picture of me and my sister Hyomin...who passed away 10 years ago." She said in a sad tone which made Joon feel guilty while G.O. punched him lightly after he had saddened the woman.

"Mianhemida....my friend didn't mean to offend you...." G.O. apologised to the woman but she shook her head and smiled warmly at them.

"Anio...it's ok, anyone would've said the same thing so it's no big deal." The woman softly replied with a light smile to the guys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

After the guys had registered, the woman shut the book and went away from the desk to the guys to their rooms while the guys were following her. She got the key and unlocked the room to enter while they guys were looking around the room, the room was simple but elegant looking, which had two beds, a plasma screen T.V. in the living area where there was a couch and a bathroom.

"Here is your room and hope you will feel more comfortable in the hotel. The dinner will be sent shortly to you and then you can have a good sleep. Are there any problems...Gentlemen?"

"Anio....there's nothing at all and we're fine." G.O. replied with a smile to the woman.

"Yeah...we'll eat anything you give us and kamsahamida again for your hospitality Ma'am." Joon repiled after G.O. with a smile and both of them bowed to the woman.

"Anio...it's my job and please call me Yejin. So good night gentlemen... " Yejin said with a warm and bid them good night.

"Araso...good night Yejin-sshi..." G.O. and Joon replied together after Yejin left the room.

Luckily the food had arrived quickly in a cart in their room while G.O. and Joon were both were feeling really hungry.

"Oh! The food is soooo good hyung!" Joon exclaimed happily while munching on a chicken leg.

"I agree....this kimchi tastes really good." G.O. replied to Joon while they both were eating.

After 20 minutes later, the guys were stuffed and were sitting on the couch for a little rest.

10 minutes later, the guys took a shower seperately and changed into their PJ's. Joon was wearing a white wife beater with grey sweatpants while G.O. was wearing a black t-shirt with a red plaid pajama bottom.

"Good night Joon..."

"Good night hyung..."

They both went to their beds and lied down while turning off the lamps next to them to have a good sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

"Heeeelppp meeeee...." A weeping voice was heard from a distance which had awaken G.O. and Joon from their sleep.

"Is aaaanyone heeere...." The voice had weeped again which confused the guys even more.

"Did you hear that hyung? It sounded like someone's crying....." Joon said quietly in a cautious tone.

"Yeah I heard it too...let's see where it's coming from..." G.O. replied and both of the guys stood up from the bed and opened their door to hear where the voice was coming from.

"Pleeeeasse...saaaaavvve meeeee...." The voice was crying again and both the guys heard it clearly which made them more curious.

"I can hear the voice....but where is it coming from...?" Joon asked himself while walking across the hallway.

"I think it's coming from the that room over there..." G.O. said to Joon while pointing at a room diagonal to their room. They walked towards the room and slightly opened the door to see a little, the room is old and dusty and it looked like it was a store room. They were about to go inside the room until Yejin had stopped them abruptly.

"Yah! Don't you know that's bad to be awake in a late night...?" Yejin scolded G.O. and Joon who were surprised at her presence.

"Mianhemida Yejin-sshi....we just went to check something....." G.O. explained to Yejin.

"Yeah...and we also heard a voice....it sounded like a woman crying for help..." Joon explained more after G.O.

"A voice....there's no one in this hotel but me and you gentlemen.....probably you both were having an imagination while sleeping..." Yejin said to guys which made them confused even more.

"But Yejin-sshi.....we heard it clearly with our own ears...." Joon replied back to Yejin.

"And....there is no way it can be our imagination..." G.O. replied back after Joon.

"Well...gentlemen it's late now....right now you must go to bed and end this discussion right now.....araso?" Yejin said in a stern tone and both the guys reluctantly nodded.

"Good.....well good night gentlemen..." 

"G-Good night Yejin-sshi..." The guys said at the same time and reluctantly went to their rooms.

"Joon-ah...do you think it was all our imagination....?" G.O asked Joon while lying on his bed and looking at the ceiling.

"Anni hyung....there's something weird going on here....and we both will find out what it is...." Joon replied back who was also lying on bed and looked at G.O who nodded at his suggestion.

"I wonder what it can be...that we don't know about...?" Joon said to himself while closing his eyes.

"Whatever it is.....it might be bad..." G.O. replied back while closing his eyes and both of the guys had went back to sleep.

Like they had said, there was something bad and it was coming from that same room away from theirs where there was something coming out from a broken jar.

It must've broke when they guys had jumped from Yejin's scare and a white mist was coming out of the jar. That mist was not the fog or wind from outside.....it was a ghost of a crying woman......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

End of Chapter 3

7 October 2010