I Don't Know His Name!

How I Embrace You & Your Heart

 

2I Don't Know His Name

The Penguins Club’s Announcement Board
Date : 06th May 2014
Time : Two o’clock [14:00]
Place : The Penguins Club Vault Room
Agenda : Mid-Year Open Recruitment
Message : Please Refer Chapter 1 for the Criterion

 

 

“Pardon..me?”, the female candidate raised her right hand, cocking her head at Park Yeon's direction.

 

Yeon cleared and continued, “Ani..I’m asking you, why..do..you..want..to..join..this..club?”, she uttered one word to another, making sure that she heard her well this time around.

 

“Ah..keuronnika..er..because..I..I...”, her chattering teeth echoed within the vault room. 

 

Yeon clenched her jaw and said, “Soo Mi-ssi, we don’t have forever..here.”, she folded her arms and leaning backward.

 

“Ne! I really want to jo..in this club..because..," she gulped and stared at the two interviewers sitting at 5 feets away from her while in between they were separated by a concrete show table. She holds her breaths and continued, “..I want to spend my final year in high school..with a gorgeous..club! It's going to be fun, I reckoned!", she flashes her eyelids and her lips curled up for a smile.

 

On the contrary, the smile on Yeon’s face distorts as she hears the answer from her. And she almost dropped on her knees. Hesitantly, she tilted to her left, to which Ami was seated.

 

“Yah..Lee Ami! Yah..”, she kicked Ami's foot hard and doubled glares at her,

 

Ami blinks her eyes and shouts, “Ahh..ye..NEXT!”.

 

Yeon brought her hands up and covering her face, “Soo Mi-ssi..you heard her..we’ll contact you, all right? Arasso?”, she controls her voices as much as she could and forcing out a smile.

 

“Ahh..yeee.. gamsamhamnida.”, her body sagging down as she lead her way to the exit.

 

As soon as the door closed, Yeon abruptly turned to Ami's,

 

“Yah! Lee Ami! What’s with you..jinjja?! Are you going to be like this for the whole..day?! Jeez..there’s still a lot of students waiting outside and now it’s already 3 O’clock!!! Yahhhh...," she’s stressing out, she had been doing all the talks since 1 hour ago.

 

Ami slumped onto the table. Soon, she made a downcast glance and sniffling, “I..just..couldn’t..fo..cus..uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu”. She hammered the table with her fists, “Ottoke..Ottoke..I..just..bite..a..human, a human..6 hours..ago!!! ”, she poured her heart out to let go of the dejected feelings inside of her,

 

Her chingu besides her responded with a deep sigh. While still folding her arms, she snaps at her, “But..still. That’s you own personal..problem! We’d promise that we won’t drag personal matters into this club..remember?! Now! Get..back..to..you..senses! We..have to finish this by 4! Chaebal !!! Uh?”, she uttered exasperatingly.

 

Ami snarled back at her. “Jeez..what a..heartless..Yeonnie..," she puffs heavily.

“M-woo? Last..time..you said the same things to me, remember?”, she deviated her eyes and squirmed.


Ami cupped her chin with both hands, her pretty eyes were swelled with tears. Her brain kept on replaying the images of ‘that’ ‘incident’ at their classroom this morning. She shakes her head hard in attempts to shake it off, but it’s just so frustraing. Her dysmenorrhoea couldn’t even compare to the embarrassment she had to endure for the whole day..

 

Yeon scoffed disbelievingly at her. But she couldn't help it also, at the moment she recalled the incident this morning, her skin tingles and her toes bounds by its own.

 

“Yah! Yah! Yahhh!”, Ami stomped her feet and growled at her direction.

 

Yeon's got the fidgets. She rolled her eyes to her and heave a sigh, “Just..forget about it already..it’s not like it only happened once or twice..jeez..Personally, I think the last time when you did it..to..that-that Miko-sunbae..nim, that’s two times worst, ara..”, she gestures her finger and make a ‘V’ sign,

 

Ami scowled, “Yah..," she’s already standing in front of her, placing both hands at her waist. “What do you mean worst?! How is that..considered worst? Yah..I don’t even remember being embarrassed as today..jezz”, she exclaimed in agitation.

 

Yeon chortled at her response, “Uhm..perhaps, because the new student is..good looking?", she rolled her eyes and starts imagining his handsome features back in the class. She giggles and her face flushes at the thought of it.

 

“Look at her..jinjja..Urgghhh! It’s not even 1 week since Akira-sunbae went overseas and you’re already drooling over other namja! Jeez..," she makes a hissing sounds.


‘Knock x3’, the sounds of the knocking door grasps their attention.

 

Both of them turned their head to the door and frowned. They heard quite a turmoil from outside. Screaming, yelling, squeaking..everything. Both of them faced at each other and shrug their shoulders.

 

“Wha..what happened outside..did someone fainted from nervousness?” Yeon mumbled. Ami shifted her hands to her hips and continued to look at the entrance.

 

“Come..in”, she commanded and glancing at her fingernails, “Uh? My fingernails have grown so fast!", she muttered.

 

As soon as the door opened, the screaming sounds from outside were amplified. “Op..pa! Op..pa! Ahhh!!!”, shouts one of the girls.

 

Yeon slapped her face ligthly and her jaw dropped, “Yah..Lee..Ami..," she exclaimed, her other hand were trying to reach out for Ami’s arm. She blinked her eyes many times at the figure that just walked into their Club. 

 

He coolly strolls in plastering a cold expression on his face. "Oh..my..Lord..", Yeon whispers at her own. Not only his shirt wasn't tucked-in, but even the upper half of his shirt was left unbottoned, hence, revealed his tan and yet y chest. Yeon was totally swooning over it. "Akira-sunbaenim...jeongmal..mianneyo..", she swore in her heart.

 

The guy made a lopsided smile to Yeon, who caught his eyes at that moment. He glanced at Ami beside her and he quickly realized that she hasn’t noticed his presence yet. He smiled wryly, and continued his steps.

 

Yeon glanced at Ami beside her but she was busy inspecting her own fingernails, “God..what is she..doing..right now..aisshhh..," and in the blink of an eye, the guy was already standing in front of her.

 

He pouted his mouth and looked at her coyly. “Hello.”, he greeted, accompanied with a heavenly smile. Yeon tried hard not to smile in front of him, “Ahh..ne. Wha..what..are..," she really wanted to kill herself for acting so obvious in front of him.

 

There were more and more female students gathering outside of the room, which eventually caught Ami’s attention. She looked at them wearing a blank expression. She's not yet notice the guy that already flirt with her friend, Yeon at the side. “Wae-yo..why are they..," she move swiftly to Yeon beside her, and........she froze.

 

Ami squeezed her thigh and clenched her teeth. “What..did I just saw? What did I just saw? What did I just saw?”, she literally saw the stars revolving around her.

 

“I came..for..this!”, the guy held out a piece of paper, the one that they posted at the announcement board for today’s recruitment. Yeon’s eyes widened.”Did..you..come..to..jo..jo..jo..jo-in..”, her eyes blinked as she talks. The guy nods lightly. “Who’s the pre..si..dent? Yo..u? Or..," he retrieved the paper and leaned at the corner of the table, pointing out his finger to Yeon..and to..Ami.

 

Ami’s fidgeting. Her knees were about to give away. When Yeon closed her eyes and nodded, Ami's jaw dropped. The guy let out a snort and idly shifted his gaze to Ami. “Presi..dent-ssi”, he called for her attention. The sweats were already spreading all over Ami's face. Hesitantly, she turned to face him. “Ye..," she replied. 

 

He's gaping at her. “So..aren’t you going to interview me? Presid..ssi?”, he smirked. 

 

Her conscience hit her hard. ‘This isn’t right.. ,' she thought at the back of her mind. She’s the president..the president of Penguins Club! What's with these inferiority and trembling sensation? Yes, she did..a mistake this morning. To him. Yes, she remembered that! But, regardless of that, she’s still the one and only President here! All the efforts she had done for this club for the past 1 year wasn't a mere joke! She even made a promise to herself long ago, that, she’s going all out to raise this club to the top! That’s it. That’s more like her..No! She's always her. She blinked her eyes thrice and make one step forward towards him.

 

Her sudden change in demeanour caught his sight. He continued to observe her every movement while she's struggling to look at his name tag. "Crap..how do I address him..", she murmurs to herself.

 

He jeered at her cute attempts. Realizing that the tag was nowhere to be found, she cleared and folded her arms, “Your..," but, before she could finish, "Yah..we’re classmate and yet you didn’t know my na..me? Wow..," his words tinged with malice.

 

Ami glanced at Yeon beside her that had remained silent for like century! “Yah..why are you dozing off?”, she whispered enough to be heard by her. “Jeez..you didn’t even pay attention when Seong-sang-nim introduce him? Chamm..," Yeon stared at her incredulously. "Aissh..how could I..at that situation?", she disputes at her claims.

 

“If..you let me into this..club, I would be pleased to exchange my name with you..," he stood and leaned closer to her face, a smile plastered on his face.

 

Their face was as close as this morning's. For a split moment, she was mesmerized by..him. Her thumping heart was not a joke!

 

♦♦♦

How I Embrace You & Your Heart

♦♦♦