Chapter 6

Vengeance

 

Vengeance|Chapter 6

“So, do you want something?” I asked him, as we entered my house. “Like, coffee, tea, or me?” making him smirk. “Just kidding. I know you prefer Dara.” I said, turning his smirk to a laugh, while I put my laptop on the coffee table.

“Just cold water, I guess.” he replied.

“Okay.” I said, as I fetched him a glass of cold water. “So what’s the waiting thing about?”

“Oh! We’re just about to go out.” he said, as he took a sip of water.

“You know each other a long time?” I asked, as I sat in front of him on the couch, I don’t know what went into my mind that time for this is not the first time that there’s some guy waiting for Dara outside our house, and when every time she’s not there, I don’t usually bother, I let them wait outside for her, or when she’s there and she lets them in, I still don’t bother, I don’t greet them or whatever and just walks around the house like there’s no guest or other person there, but now, this Donghae, I let him in, and asked him questions that weren’t really necessary, maybe it was my mood, I don’t know, or maybe it was because of Ji Yong, who started to change me without him and me knowing.

“Yeah, we’re workmates, but I only had the guts to ask her out now!” he said, slightly blushing, while I found that kinda cute.

“So… congratulations then?” I said, making him laugh.

“Yeah, yeah, thank you.”

“What are you thanking her for?” Dara said, suddenly emerging from nowhere “Thanking her for letting you in huh?” eyeing me suspiciously.

“What?!” I said.

“Where’s the real Lee Chae Rin?!” she said as she approached me “What did you do to Lee Chae Rin?!” while I just laughed.

“Crazy!” I said.

“See?! You’re laughing! You let him in here! You’re not Lee Chae Rin!” she said, making me laugh like crazy.

“Have you eaten? Am I going to cook? Oh! you’re going out!”

“See?! You’re asking me now if I have eaten?! Oh my god!” she exclaimed, as she put her hands on my shoulders “What happened to you?!”

“Nothing!” I replied. “Pay attention to your guest.” pouting to Donghae’s direction, who was watching the scene before him in humor.

“I’ll talk to you when I get back.” she said, as she faced Donghae. “Hello. Let’s go? Sorry to keep you waiting.”

“It’s ok.” Donghae replied, standing up. “And nice meeting you Chae Rin-ah!”

“I really don’t think she’s my cousin, I think she’s an impostor, you know, you’re the first guy that’s waiting for me that she let in! And she even talked to you!” she said to Donghae, making me laugh again.

“Just go you crazy woman!” I said “And bye Donghae! Nice meeting you too! Take care both of you!”

“See!” I heard her say to him again, as they walked away “She even said good bye to you! She’s not really the re…”

And those were the last words that I heard from her until they left my house, then I was back to being lonely again, since I don’t have anymore to do that time, I decided to go into my room, open my closet, and chose my best clothes, for I have a first special date tomorrow, with my Kwon Ji Yong.

 

 

 

“LEE CHAE RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!!” Dara shouted, as she knocked at my door, waking me up, looking at my phone, I looked at the time and saw that it was already 9:30 in the morning.

“!” I muttered, as I immediately got up, and opened the door. “What?!”

“So you’re back on being you now?! Can’t you at least say Good Morning Dara-yah!” she said, as I just rolled my eyes.

“Good Morning Dara-yah!” I said in full sarcasm “Is that ok already?! Now, if you could move over ‘cause I don’t want to be late on my date.”

“You have a date?” she said, as she gaped at me unbelievingly “To whom?”

“Look.” I said, putting my hands on her shoulders “Please, let me take a bath first, then after that, I’ll answer all your questions while you help me chose what clothes I should wear. Ok?” while she just nodded, and slowly made way for me, with hanging open.

 

 

“Ok. So who’s this guy?” Dara asked, as she sat on the foot of my bed, looking at my reflection in the mirror, while I dried my hair.

“Kwon Ji Yong.”

“Where did you meet him?”

“At the park.”

“When?”

“Before we went to Bom’s party.”

“You mean, that day when you said you went to the park then I kind of yelled you for that?”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah.”

“Is he cute?”

“Yeah.”

“Uhm… what’s his work?”

“Songwriter.”

“Cool.”

“Yeah. You done asking?” I said, facing her. “Now, what should I wear?”

“How do you want to look?”

“I don’t know.” I said, shrugging. “That’s why I asked for your help, and think fast! We only have 2 hours left!”

“Why is your date 12 noon anyway?! It’s usually 7 in the evening you know, for dinner or something, when it’s the first date.”

“He’s got some cool reason, and I don’t want to share it!” I said, giggling.

“Whatever.” she said, rolling her eyes “What about going simple? What do you wear when you’re in the park?”

“Uhm… t- shirt? Sweat pants?”

“Seriously?” she said, raising her eyebrow. “Fine! Let’s go for something stunning then! Ok! Ok! Let’s get to work Chae Rin-ah!”

“Let’s have these black pants then…” she said, as she scanned the clothes that I selected the night before “Where are your belts?”

“Here.” I said, as I pulled a drawer.

“This!” she exclaimed, as she pulled a slightly-complicated-looking black belt, then turning back on my wardrobe again “Let’s get you all black!”

After hours of rummaging and putting my clothes and some make up on, I was now wearing a diamond- looking studded jacket, black undershirt, black pants, black heels and some light make up. My hair was also pulled up in some kind of a messy bun, and for the finishing touch, an also black bandana around my hair, and of course, black sunglasses.

“I’m going on a date Dara-yah, not on a funeral or something!”

“What are you blabbering about?! You look gorgeoooooouuuus!! You’re a goddess!” she exclaimed, clapping her hands in anticipation. “From now on, I demand to be your personal stylist!”

“You’re crazy!” I said, as I looked at myself again in the mirror. “I am indeed gorgeous, and since I’m gorgeous, well, maybe, we could’ve at least settled in going white or something, not… black!”

“Black’s beautiful Chae Rin-ah! And it suits you! You look like some punk rocker! Yeah! Yeah! Yow!”

“Whatever!” I said, as I rolled my eyes, even though she did not see it since I was wearing sunglasses. “What time is it?”

“15 minutes before your miraculous and glorious date! And I can’t wait to see that Ji Yong of yours!”

“Just make sure that you won’t gawk!” I said, facing her. “Oh! I forgot! Why would you when you have your Lee Donghae!”

“Shut up!” she said, rolling her eyes.

“Do you like him?” I asked, as I sat beside her, taking my sunglasses off.

“I don’t know.” she shrugged. “I don’t know, I date them because I don’t want to turn them down because I’m afraid I’m gonna hurt their feelings or whatsoever. I don’t know, really, but he’s fine, you know. Different from all the other guys that I’ve dated, even though I’m older than him, he makes me feel like he’s an oppa.”

“I see.” I said, nodding.

“This is so… unusual.” she said after a couple of silence. “Us, talking like this, you know. You’re… you’re…” she said, hesitating.

“Come on!” I said, nudging her on the side “Just say it, its okay! I won’t get mad! Whatever it is!”

“You’re… you’re changing Chae Rin-ah. I don’t know if you’re noticing it but yeah… you are!” she replied, looking at me sincerely.

“You think so?” I said, smirking. “We’ll see.” and as I said that, the doorbell rang, looking at my phone, the time indicated 12 noon, time really goes fast when you’re not noticing it. He really came at 12 noon sharp and that made me smile.

“Looks like this Ji Yong of yours keeps his words eh?” Dara said, as we walked out of my room to open the door.

 

 

“Oooooh!” Dara exclaimed as I leaned on the wall behind her, raising my eyebrow at her expression, this girl seriously is crazy. “So you’re Kwon Ji Yong?”

“Yes.” I heard him answer, while I just stayed where I am, listening at their exchange.

“I’m Park Sandara! But you can just call me Dara!” she replied, giggling, making me furrow my eyebrows. ‘What the is wrong with her?’

“Dara.” he said “So…”

“I’m her cousin!” she interjected again. “Lee Chae Rin’s behind me! And a friendly advice, brace yourself! You’re about to see a mind blowing goddess!” she said, making Ji Yong laugh.

“I’m already prepared Ms. Dara-yah.”

“Okay. Okay.” she said, clapping her hands in excitement. Seriously, I was the one that’s going on a date with Ji Yong, not her, but she’s giddier than me! Facing me, she went behind me and pushed me in the doorway. “Promise to tell me every detail that’s going to happen okay?” she whispered behind me.

“Okay! Just calm down will you?!” I whisper yelled.

“Okay… Okay…” she whispered back.

“You’re cousin’s right! I was about to see a mind blowing goddess! Good thing I prepared and braced myself!” he said, smirking at me.

That smirk, how I wish he would just warn me before he do that because I’m already starting to have butterflies by seeing that smirk, what more if that smirk turns into a smile, then that smile to a laugh. Just… OH…MY…GOD. But if I’m what they say a mind blowing goddess, he’s this mind blowing god! I can tell that if I prepared for this, his preparation is twice than mine. He’s beautiful. For a man, he’s not allowed to be beautiful!

Trying hard not to gawk at him, I finally managed to say a word.

“Hi.” I told you, just a word was all I can manage.

“Hi.” he said, smiling. I repeat, SMILING. Oh dear me, I swore from that day on that he should be banned from smiling like that! “Shall we?” he said, as he offered his hand.

“We shall.” I replied, giving him my best smile, as I took his hand.

“Go have fun, okay?!” Dara yelled at us.

“Sure!” Ji Yong answered, as he opened his car’s door for me. Did I mention that he brought a car? If I didn’t, that’s maybe because I was too busy gawking at him in my mind that I forgot to mention that he’s got a car, so yes, he’s got a car, and a nice one I’ll say, just from looking at it, I could tell that it’s a million bucks. I wonder how many girls have gotten inside this car.

“And take care of her! Or I’ll kill you! I swear!” she yelled again, making Ji Yong laugh again.

Oh, really, he should also be forbidden from laughing like that! It’s a crime!

“I promise! We gotta go now. Bye Dara-yah! And nice meeting you!”

“Same here! Bayiiiiiii!” and giving her one last smile, he turned his attention to me, helped me to get inside, closed the door, and made his way to the other side, which was beside me, you already know that, I don’t need to use colorful words on how he did that, I think.

“So what are the plans for the day?” I asked him.

“Not that much, really.”

“It’s okay. Whatever your plan is, I’ll go along.”

“Okay, so first is to take you to lunch, in a fancy restaurant of course, take you to the mall and do normal couple stuffs, take you to dinner, in a fancy restaurant again, but a different one, then next is to take you to my house.”

“Your house?”

“It’s not what you think, is it?”

“Don’t worry Kwon Ji Yong, I’m not thinking anything, I’m just asking.”

“Oh… okay. Well, I’ve got something to show you in my house. I… I just hope you like it.”

“I’ve got this feeling that I’m gonna like it.” I said, and it was true, I’m liking everything about him now, and by everything, I really mean EVERYTHING.

Through the rest of our ride, Ji Yong never let a silent moment pass by, he really got me entertained and laughing, we talked about random stuffs, like really random stuffs, like is the queen bee never gets tired in giving birth to baby bees, why ants are all over the world, until it went to saving mother earth, then to coffees, then the latest gadgets technology has to offer. So as you can imagine, it was really some kind of a weird conversation, but we didn’t care, we were happy when we we’re together, but I was one stupid . I was… I am...

 

(A/N: Okay, to my subscribers, thank you for hanging on! haha.. I love you guys, really, please, don't give up on me if I update slow, since school already started last month.. And I hope you like this chapter. Thank you. I'll update as soon as I can.. PROMISE.. and Chae Rin's pic above, from Lonely obviously.. Okay..Okay..xD)