Chapter 1

Vengeance

Vengeance|Chapter 1

It was a cloudy afternoon that day and I was sitting on one of the park’s benches, I was trying to calm and relax myself, even just for a little while, I wasn’t getting enough sleep for a week already, that was even considered a miracle that I’ve found time to sit pretty there, drink coffee and look around and let the seconds pass by. I was watching the cute kids play and run around when a voice spoke beside me. “Excuse me?”

“Yes?” I said, looking up at the voice’s owner.

“Can I share the seat?” he asked again, smiling.

“Sure.” I said, smiling back at him and moving a little to give him enough space to sit on.

“Thanks.” he said as he sat beside me while I just smiled at him as an answer and started to people watch again.

“Kwon Ji Yong.” he said, garnering my attention.

“Pardon?” I said, looking at him and furrowing my eyebrows.

“I’m Kwon Ji Yong.” he said, smiling at me again “And you are?”

“Lee Chae Rin.” I said, smiling back “I’m Lee Chae Rin.”

“Nice name. So what are you doing here sitting alone?”

“I…” I hesitated. “I don’t usually talk to strangers.” I said, making him smirk.

“As far as I can remember, we introduced ourselves to each other just seconds ago, so we’re not strangers now, we’re acquainted already.”

“You’re clever.” I said, smirking back “And to answer you’re question ACQUAINTANCE…” making him smile “I am just here wasting some precious time, breathing, sitting, people watching.”

“So what do you do? I mean work, something like that.”

“I work at home, computer programming, web designing and other computer stuff.”

“Really? Cool.”

“Yeah. What about you, ACQUAINTANCE?” making him snigger.

“I’m an editor and a writer.”

“If you would kindly expound that ACQUAINTANCE.”

“I’m a magazine editor, and I also write novels and songs.”

“You’re not fooling me, are you?” I said, narrowing my eyes at him “Don’t get me wrong but… you don’t look like it.”

“Don’t judge the book by its cover Ms. Acquaintance, and I know that I don’t look like it. I’m too handsome to do those stuff right?” he said, making me scoff.

“What an act of humbleness!!” I said, rolling my eyes while he laughed.

“But seriously, I am one of the writers of the popular idols’ songs nowadays.”

“Really? Then you must really be good.”

“Yeah. Wait.” he said, as he pulled his phone out and read a text message. “I’m sorry but I got to go now, so I guess… see you around?” he said, standing up.

“Yeah. See you around.” I said, giving him a smile.

“It was a pleasure to make your acquaintance Ms. Lee Chae Rin.” he said, smiling back at me, offering his hand.

“Same here, Mr. Kwon Ji Yong.” I said, as I took his hand and shook it, and with one last smile, he turned around and within a couple of seconds, he was gone.

If I only knew by that time what was going to happen, that that wasn’t going to be our first and last meeting, then maybe I could have decided what was the right thing to do, and could have at least saved myself… and him.