Delusion of the Mind

[Pay It Forward* Multi Review Shop] [CLOSED/ FINISHING REVIEWS]

 
MAIN HEADER

Pay It Forward*

 

Delusion of the Mind by cyndicyn22

POSTER HERE

Genre: Angst and slight romance

 

Characters: Baekhyun and Chanyeol as main characters, the rest of EXO

 

Status: Ongoing

 

Park Chanyeol comes from a prestigious family that owns the most renowed corporation: Park Industries. He's being groomed in becoming the heir to this corporation. He seems stuck up and snobby, but he has a good heart. Enter Byun Baekhyun, who has an extremely rare mental illness. It is called Cotard's syndrome or walking corpse syndrome. His parents don't know how to fully handle him, and kick him out onto the streets. Not caring whether he lives or dies. Which is where Chanyeol finds Baekhyun and forces him to live with him.

Notes From Reviewer

 

Don"t forget to comment when picking up. Also don't forget to credit the shop by directly linking us in your foreward, also feel free to use our banner as well..

 

Title (10/10)

The title is eye-catching in my opinion and not boring or overused. It made me interested as to what the story would be about and also gave me a foretaste of what would expect me in this story. To make it short: It would not keep me from giving your story a try and it also suits the plot very well.

Description & Foreword (14/20)

The description does not tell too much nor too little. What disturbed me though were the hyperlinks and the first word of the second sentence felt misplaced. The explanation of the disease is also well-placed and also necessary because not everybody knows this medical term. 

The next thing that disturbed me was the screen capture of the review you got from a different shop. It is very small and hard to read. It would have been better if you hyperlinked this review instead. (Also, I would put both the explanation and review link into the foreword, so the description stands for itself and gets all attention.)

The last point was this box in which you say some words as the author and also show us a few quotes of the story. Personally, I think there are too many colors used and it could have been made prettier and more simple. Think about the main quotes that would attract the reader's attention and use the quote function of the aff editor and a middle dark grey and it will be pretty and eye-catching. Your own words can stand at the very end in a different color that's not too bright and doesn't ruin the mood of the story.

Originality (8/10)

I haven't read many psychological of medical themed stories yet and I don't think I have seen someone else use this mental illness either. More common are shizophrenia and anorexia and such, so using this disease was a good choice to make the the mental illness original. But using a mental illness in general paired up with the knight in shining armour who comes to support the main character is used a lot (yes, I am also speaking of myself here *coughs*). The same with the family background but that's like necessary in every story to spice things up a bit. As it is very hard nowadays to write something very, very original, I didn't deduct you many points here.

 

Storyline: (20/20)

I really like the storyline. It's not boring or too cloché. Of course we have the bad boy turning good and helping the second main character that's in need of help but you manage to put your own style into it. It keeps my eyes on the screen and I can't wait to read more with each chapter. The plot twists are well-set and the endings of each chapter well-chosen.

Grammar and Spelling (10/10)

As expected of an American (I stalked your profile :p) I did not find any grammar or spelling mistakes.

Characterization (10/10)

You have bad characters, you have good characters. The characters are also all different. There is nothing much to say, it's perfect how you characterize them.

Flow (10/10)

There is also not much to say about. It's the perfect flow, not too fast or too slow. Oh, it rhymed xD

Personal Enjoyment (7/10)

What really disturbed me was the layout of the chapters, to get it to the point, the font-size. It was way too big and the gaps between the paragraphs were also weirdly huge. It really bothered me while reading. Choose a good font-size like 14 or so and don't make the gaps too long, press two enters maximum or if the setting chages then use three enters or a devider. Aside from the layout and me not being a baekyeol shipper, I really enjoyed the story and will stayed subscriebed and wait for an update patiently like every other reader of yours out there. To be honest, at first I thought 'Oh, another of those cliché popular exo pairing stories that has too many subs' but yours truly deserves the amount of subscribers you have. Keep up the good work and I am looking forward to the next update. Hwaiting!

Overall (89/100)