We were fine

I will promise you

It was a bright winters day. Things since Minyu left had become rather boring. Taekyung kept in contact with Minyu of course but apart from that, she had left for Africa. She was going to stay there a year and then she promised to come back and live with her twin brother and the three other members of A.N.Jell. The band had been doing a lot of solo work so they hardly ever saw each other or knew what was going on in each other's lives.

Jeremy watched the snow as it fell around him and on him. Each snowflake would land on his clothes and the melt, leaving small dots on the fabric. He didn't remember snow very well, for the last times it had snowed they had all been busy with concerts and other things. But not this year. He had begun the planning for the christmas eve and had decided to celebrate it like they did in the UK. Like usual, Taekyung had told him that it was childish and ridiculous, Minam had been both curious but careless at the same time, whilst Shinwoo had kindly backed Jeremy up in his idea.

"What are you doing out here, you'll catch a cold." The voice was familiar and it made Jeremy smile. He tried to remove the smile by biting his lower lip but it didn't work. His boyfriend had walked over to him and was new standing a feet away from the bench he was sat on. Jeremy looked up at him with big puppy eyes.

"I'm not cold, Shin Woo hyung." He insisted, but was still embraced by the older male. The embrace pulled him off the bench and close into his boyfriend's warm chest. He sighed at first, annoyed that Shinwoo was always so protective, though deep down it was the thing he loved so much about the other man.

"No? Well even if you are not cold you can still get sick." He said, sounding like a worried mother. Shinwoo rested his head over Jeremy's, a warm smile on his always soft and calm face.

Instead of speaking, Jeremy just kept his head buried in Shinwoo's chest and wrapped his arms around his body to keep him close. He didn't want to ever let go of the other man. If only they could be this close for the rest of their lives, just the two of them. It would make Jeremy the happiest man alive. But, he knew they couldn't. Not only would it be impossible to say glued to each other when they had to use the bathroom or if they had to to out for dinners, but it would also look odd to the people who would experience it.

"Aish, would you two get a room?" Muttered Taekyung who, by the looks of it, had just arrived in his car. Both Shinwoo and Jeremy were thankful to Taekyung, for if he hadn't stolen Minyu away from both of them they had probably never found their true love, each other. This was the reason for why they avoided doing anything that would make Taekyung uncomfortable when he was around.

Although sometimes Jeremy would make a rude comment at his hyung, just as a payback for stealing Minyu away. Though Shinwoo often stopped him, for the two reasons being that Taekyung was older and deserved respect from someone young like Jeremy but also because Shinwoo reminded Jeremy of the fact that he shouldn't be heartbroken because he now had him instead of Minyu.

"Aish, would you stop interrupting us. We can't do anything when you are around." Complained Jeremy, who with regret pulled away from Shinwoo's embrace.

This time Shinwoo just listened to their arguing, for he felt the same irritation towards being interrupted that Jeremy felt. They really couldn't do anything in the house because Taekyung would somehow manage to be in the same room as them. Stupid idiot.

Minam, on the other hand, thought it was rather amusing to watch the two all caught up in each other that they didn't always pay attention to what was going on around them. However that wasn't exactly a plus either for Shinwoo had often caught Minam staring so much to the point that he was classed as a ert.

The only place they could be private was Shinwoo's room, because Minam didn't dare enter it. Not even Jeremy's room was safe, because the little spent almost more time in there fiddling with Jeremy's things than he did in his own room. He was definitely far worse than Minyu had been. Even Taekyung had admitted that, although he hadn't found Minyu's twin brother spitting in his room, yet. He had found Minam using his car without so much as mentioning it to him or asking.

Shinwoo entered the house after Jeremy, putting a light hand on his boyfriend's shoulder as he did. He closed the door after himself and followed the oldest to the practice room.

"Why are you so grumpy lately?" He asked, standing in the doorway and stopping the door from closing with his foot.

"I shouldn't care about this, but the reporter-"

"The reporter hasn't been sneaking around every since Minyu left the country and Minam started getting attention. So don't worry."

"Do you even know what I'm talking about?" Taekyung hated being cut off, especially by his dongsaengs, even if Shinwoo was just as mature and responsible as he was.

"Yeah, you're worried that Jeremy and I will get caught." They had been through this ever since the day Jeremy confessed his feelings and Shinwoo accepted them. Taekyung wasn't worried because of them, he was worried that their relationship would destroy the band.

The older man stood still for a minute, glancing over his shoulder at Shinwoo before he kneeled down on the floor and rumaged through some papers. "I have a right to worry about the band, and you two should be taking it seriously as well if you care about your relationship."

He sighed, rolled his eyes which allowed him to glance away from Taekyung for a brief moment. Was he really getting a lesson on how to hand his relationship with Jeremy? Did this even know anything about love? He had left Minyu so many times, broken her heart so many times that Shinwoo got frustrated over it more than he should. Then again, he had loved her so much. He had loved her and had thought that she was the one for him. Everytime she broke his heart one by one he pretended as if it was fine and that in the end she would see him. Still, he ended up with a destroyed hear that he never thought could be repaired again. Jeremy was a very strong plaster and he had managed to keep Shinwoo's heart together for months now, but would that last?

"How can you even doubt that we don't take our relationship seriously?" His eyes were furious and he felt the need to jump at Taekyung and rip him into small pieces. However, he didn't. He was always calm, even when he cried.

He had gotten the older's attention, for Taekyung was now looking at Shinwoo sideways with an expression Shinwoo couldn't find the word of.

"Because it's not a real relationship."

Shinwoo froze. His eyes wide but quickly changed into a stern look. He gritted his teeth together and clenched his hands into fists where he held all his temper. That was it. He was done being nice to Taekyung. If the idiot couldn't handle their relationship then that was acceptable, but calling it not real was a crime. A crime that he was now going to pay for.

"Yah! Who do you think you are!? Calling our relationship not real!"

"Well it isn-"

"Just because you don't know how to have one with Minyu! ... It doesn't mean you have to ruin it for others!"

"Yah! Listen!"

"No Taekyung! You listen for once in your life!"

Suddenly Taekyung sunk to the floor, he felt small and Shinwoo felt like a giant. What exactly was going on?

"Do you even know what it means to love someone?! How it is to care for them and help them but without them seeing you!? Do you know!? YAH!?"

He felt himself being dragged from the doorway. But he wasn't falling. It was more like ... like someone was pulling him away from Taekyung. Shinwoo was trembling and the expression on his face showed that he was frustrated and maybe even about to cry, but Shinwoo didn't cry. Two strong arms wrapped themselves around him and pulled him tight into something warm and soft. It was familiar. It was, Jeremy.

Seeing his hyung in the state he was in shocked Jeremy, however the state his boyfriend was in was more shocking and stunning thatn Taekyung. What was going on? Why were there yelling? Instead of asking all the questions that popped into his mind one by one, he held his boyfriend tight .

"Hy-hyung, who are you talking about?" Jeremy silently said while his long and slender fingers over Shinwoo's dark hair.

Taekyung just sat there, staring at Shinwoo as if he was some kind of beast ready to rip him into pieces. His eyes were wide, his posture had changed from a leaning back position as if leaning away from the guitarist, and all in all he just looked terrifed. He also looked sad, miserable, alone, and it was probably because Minyu had left him. Only for a year though. But imagine she found a boyfriend in Africa. That would break Taekyung's heart. Jeremy sat staring at both his hyungs, worried for each of their conditions.

"You know ..." When Shinwoo spoke, Jeremy hardly heard it. The man was whispering so low that Jeremy had to repeat it in his mind ten times and analyse it before he could make up the words. Whilst doing this, his facial expression had turned into a wondering one, his eyes stared up into the air whilst his lips moved ever so slightly like he was talking to himself. Then he realized.

"Hyung ... y-you don't mean that." He said, terrified of what his boyfriend would reply.

"I do. I'm so sorry Jeremy."

A tear fell over the edge of Jeremy's eye. It rolled slowly and quietly down his cheek. He just sat there staring into space with a hurt and shocked expression. His arms let go of Shinwoo and he backed away slowly. Shinwoo, he almost fell backwards onto the floor, caught his balance and watched his boyfriend in horror.

"You can't love her still! YOU CAN'T!"

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey there readers! Thank you so much for subcribing and reading and commenting! It means everything to me that people read what I write!
I would LOVE to hear feedback on this chapter.
Thank yooooooou~ ^^