A Little Bit Longer

Yours Truly: 60 Seconds

NOTE: Excuse me if this chapter is very much lacking in a bunch of ways. I eventually ran out of ideas coz well... my mind's pre-occupied with 'The Unwanted' so technically, I don't have any idea what I just wrote lol but I'll make it up on the next chap x)))

---

I stretched my limbs as I yawned excessively. To be honest, I felt really drained for some unknown reason. Well... maybe it really wasn’t an unknown reason. Because I just finished my paperwork after having an entire day of boredom. Yes, staring at the tv and playing poker with Yuri for the whole day is considered major major boredom to me. And now I came to realize that without Seohyun, I’d die of boredom.

Wait. Where is that girl anyways? Why isn’t she home yet? It’s like four o’clock in the afternoon already. She said she’d be home after lunch. She’s not having too much fun with Sooyoung, isn’t she? No way! Is she? “No, no, no. The world has to end first for that to happen.” I convinced myself, and laughed after. And then, I suddenly heard a familiar voice coming from downstairs. Speaking of the devil.

I closed my laptop, grabbed my phone then, I went downstairs.

 

 

 

 

 

“Where’s Yuri?” I heard Seohyun’s voice more clear as I was going down the stairs. I’m guessing she’s in the living room? “She and Ms. Jessica went out together just now.” I heard another person’s voice. The housemaid, probably. “Okay. You may go now. Thanks.” I heard Seohyun say, and the maid  bowed politely before turning to resume her errands. And that was when I finally reached the white leather sofa in the living room. “Hey.” I called out to the person sitting in front of me; drinking her freshly made orange juice. “Hey~” she responded in a sing-song voice. I rolled my eyes, and didn’t take any second to think as I already jumped over the sofa; beside my baby. “Where have you been?” I started asking. Instead of answering me right away, she suddenly reached for my hand to only swing my right arm over her shoulder as she leaned unto me in the process. “In the early morning, I was in Yoona’s apartment. At about nine o’clock I departed from there, then I went for a walk. At around ten thirty, when you called me, I was rounding the city with Choi on her car.” I was about to ask her about THAT topic but she quickly added “Wait. Let me finish.” to postpone my questioning. “After that, at around two o’clock in the afternoon, I met with Mrs. Park at Seattle’s Best  to discuss about the construction of her and her husband’s dream house. Then... I decided to go home.” She looked up at me and winked as she finished her detailed answer. And for about a minute or so, I was just staring at her, and she was just staring at me, and we were staring at each other, and then, I remembered my question.

“Why were you with Sooyoung?” Seohyun finally tore her gaze from me and decided that her newly polished nails were more interesting to stare at than my handsome beautiful face. She spoke after a minute... or so... “She just happened to be where I was, and started to annoy me, so... I just... go with the flow so she would stop being so irritating and... whatever.” “So in other words you’re not going to tell me what happened or what you talked about or what you two did in those... whole... four hours?” Was it four hours? It was, right? Ugh. Nevermind. “... and why did you suddenly turn off your GPS so I wouldn’t know and I wouldn’t follow where you were at?” I added. Yeah. She turned off her GPS after that call we had, and that explains my whole day boredom.

“Do I REALLY have to tell you everything??” she asked, somewhat annoyed. I nodded. “Well yeah. I’m your best friend.” Of course she has to. That’s what best friend’s do, right? Tell each other everything? “Aish!” bestie ruffled her hair in annoyance and I smirked because that was the signal that she was going to give in.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

Flashback
Seohyun’s POV

Yoona’s Apartment

The night (or should I say morning?) I came to Yoongie’s apartment, it was dark. I mean both figuratively and literally dark. It was literally dark because well, it was only three in the morning, plus, it was kinda dark inside Yoong’s house (or was it just because I was drunk?) It was also figuratively dark in my case because of what I saw back there in the club earlier, to which was why I drowned myself in alcohol. Okay. Now my heart’s starting to hurt again.

Okay, so that was how it was the night before (or so I’d call it that) And now... well, I’m suddenly seeing a bright yellowish orange colour, and I’m feeling some heat on my skin.

Oh . Wait. Is it sunrise already?

“Ugh...” I groaned as I opened my eyes slowly; adjusting my vision to the sudden brightness engulfing my very eyes. “Ugh... damn it.” I removed the set of sheets covering my entire body (well except for my face though) and searched for my phone by the bedside table. I swiped the screen and my wallpaper appeared---mine and Taeyeon’s most recent selca. I smiled. But I frowned almost immediately because the time on the upper right of the screen caught my eye.

7:30 AM It read.

I groaned again and decided that I should probably get up now because if I lay here more longer, I’d feel more lazy to even move. So I got up and went for a morning shower.

 

 

 

End of POV
Flashback Pause

 

 

 

“Wait.” I interrupted Seohyun’s flashback story as I stared at her. “You can’t be telling me how you took a shower. You can’t tell me how you stripped off your clothes in slow motion and how you ran your hands all over your body as you washed yourself with Olay. No. I would have a major nosebleed if you tell me those.” I said while trying so hard to stifle my laugh when her expression slowly darkened as I said those.

“YOU !” Okay. Maybe that was a bad idea. Cause now, my best friend’s wrestling me while suffocating me with a pillow. She’s not trying to kill me, is she? “Seohyun, STOP!!!” I yelled with all my might while laughing. “I can’t breathe!” REALLY. I can’t breathe anymore. “Yah!” I managed to grab hold of her wrists and shook the pillow off my face.

“Are you going to let me finish or what?” Seohyun asked me. I just shrugged my shoulder as a lousy signal for her to continue.

And so she did.

 

 

 

Flashback Continuation
Seohyun’s POV

“Can’t you stay a little longer?” Yoona kept pleading. She had been pleading me ever since we sat by her dining table, one hour had passed. Well, honestly speaking, I wanted to stay. I wanted to at least take some time to relax and free my mind from endless stress, from things that... bothers me the most. But you know, as much as I wanted to stay here and spend some time with Yoongie, I can’t. Because I’m a busy person. Well... okay, maybe that’s not the case. Okay, I just wanna be alone, and... think.

“Sorry. You know I’ve got some things to do, and meeting with Mrs. Park is a part of that to-do-list.” I smiled at Yoona as I stood up to get my things inside the spare bedroom---which I obviously slept in.

“Can’t you do that tomorrow?” I heard Yoona’s voice from the dining room. Seriously, she’s so consistent. Like, she doesn’t really stop until she gets what she wants. And I think that’s one of the reasons why we became friends; cause apparently, I see myself in her, like a mirror. Though, I’d greatly exclude the ‘choding’ part of the personality. “No.” was my persistent answer after I came out of the bedroom. “I’m a woman of my words. And when I say I’d be meeting her today, I will.” I know Yoona rolled her eyes at my statement, even though her side profile is what I’m seeing right now. I know her well enough to be confident.

“Yah. Stop rolling your eyes at me.” I said as I help her wash the dishes. “I’m not rolling my eyes, miss.” She stuck her tongue out at me. “Tss! Yeah right!” I spat back at her. And even though I’ve got my eyes focused on the dining ware before me, I could still see from the corner of my eyes that Yoona’s staring at me. “What?” I asked without looking at her. “Nothing.” She said in a low voice, like she was suddenly shy talking to me. “It’s just that...” I was about to speak again, but she added another remark. “... It’s hard not to look at you.” Okay. I admit it, I blushed. And I think my heartbeat got into a faster rate.

It’s almost a good thing that I have fast thinking skills, or else, I would’ve fainted already at this point.

“Yah! You!” I stifled my laugh at Yoona’s cute reaction to my response to what she said (rubbing soap bubbles down her face yeah?) and of course, no one could really win this game against her, so now, I’m kinda regretting why I did that. “You’re being corny again, so...” I said, trying to win this rubbing-soap-against-each-other’s-faces game.

 

 

 

End of POV
Flashback Pause

 

 

 

“Ugh. I don’t have time for this.” I let go of Seohyun’s wrist as I tried to get up from my lying position. But unfortunately, Seohyun’s more ing faster than me so, she shifted her position and straddled my waist. Juhyun was straddling me. My best friend’s straddling me. is stra--- “Hey! Stop smirking! Eew!” Okay. Seohyun did just slapped me in the arm like... HARD. “Ow~” I winced. It really hurt, though. Seohyun rolled her eyes at me. “Now, would you stop interrupting me?” “Why wouldn’t I? I was just asking about your meeting with Sooyoung, not your whole day.” I stuck my tongue out at her.

“Fine! I’ll skip my story.”

 

 

 

Flashback Continuation
Seohyun’s POV

I was now walking on the sidewalk, just a couple of blocks away from Yoona’s apartment. Where I’m going? Seriously, I have no idea. I just know that I don’t wanna go home yet, and that my meeting with Mrs. Park is at two o’clock; and it’s only nine fifteen. Damn. What am I gonna do for five hours? it. Maybe I should’ve stayed at Yoona’s place? “Yeah. Great thinking, Seo Ju Hyun.” I scolded myself and decided to go back to Yoongie’s apartment. But when I was about to cross the road, I heard an overly familiar voice from afar.

 

 

 

 

 

“SEOHYUN!!!”

 

 

 

 

 

I literally turned and scanned (and turned) on a degree of three-hundred sixty. I’m not joking. I really did. And then, right there, I saw that one person I didn’t wanna ever see in my whole life. THAT person who never ever failed on giving me headaches everytime we meet. That son of a stick who’s always there to do nothing but annoy me. What the hell.

I glared at her, in her black Porsche before I turned to walk and cross the street. Greatly ignoring her calls on me. ‘Tss. She’s embarrassing herself’ I thought. And as I did so, I suddenly heard roaring engine sounds near me. I almost stopped. But as soon as I realized who was on that car, I fastened my pace.

“Hey.” God dammit doesn’t this person knows how much I’m displeased by seeing her fugly face, let alone just hearing her voice?? “Seohyun.” I’m getting impatient here, seriously. And later on, I’m gonna punch someone in the face! “Hey.” I felt a hand suddenly pull me back. “WHAT??! CAN’T YOU SEE HOW MUCH I HATE SEEING YOU??!” I yelled at her, not caring whether the people around us stare at us with confused expressions. Why do they care anyway? “I know. But I really find it cute whenever you’re aggravated.” I swear I’m about to kick somebody in the when Sooyoung giggled. Eew. So gross.

I harshly remove her hand that was still gripping my arm and spun around, away from her. “So why are you walking?” I hear her voice still. For ’s sake can’t she just shoo away?? I mean FAR FAR AWAY from me??! “Your car broke down? Or did your dad take it away from you?” Okay. That’s it.

“ YOU CHOI SOOYOUNG!!!”

And that was about it. “AH! You brat!” I just stepped on her foot, hard. I smirked in victory when I saw her reach down and massage her foot. “Aww... Sorry, my bad.” I mocked, and she hissed at me. She suddenly straightened up, and that was the only sign I need to run. But I think luck wasn't on my side today. this. "You!" Suddenly, Sooyoung was in front of me again, her hand gripping my wrist like she was gonna break it any minute. "What do you want now, Choi?" I asked; a little bit more annoyed. "Can't you at least talk to me like a normal person?" Okay, maybe not a little bit. "Wow. Like the normal person you are." I countered as I tried to free myself from her now-softened grip. But to no avail, she kept still. Maybe Yuri's right; I need to work out a little more. I heard Sooyoung heave a sigh. "Look. Just... can you at least see me as the 'normal' Choi Soo Young, and not the 'Hitler' Choi Soo Young? Even just for now? Huh?" She asked of me, almost pleading. Huh! "I would never look at you that way." I finally freed my poor wrist from that bastard. "Why not?" She asked once again, more serious this time. Ugh. I don't even know why I'm still here, talking to her, I should be walking away right now. What's stopping me? "Hyun?" Maybe I dozed off for a sec because she just clicked her fingers in front of me. "Aish... you weren't listening." I heard her mutter to herself through gritted teeth. And I swear to God I almost yelped in surprise when she suddenly grabbed my hand and dragged me all the way to her car.

Sooyoung opened the door by the passenger side. Wait wait wait, what is she doing? "Choi Soo Young, what are you doing?" I voiced out. "Get in." She answered in a cool manner. Wait. Did I just say 'cool'? Yuck! "WHAT??!" "Aish! Seriously! You're one of the smartest people I know, and now you're acting dumb?? Come on!" Wow. I'm stunned, though. Not because of her sarcastic outburst, but because she just confessed that I was one of the smartest people she knows. "Really?" Okay. I don't know where that came from. "Really what?" "That I'm one of the smartest people you know?" "Did I... say that?" She asked carefully as she... blushed. OH MY GOD is she blushing? Sooyoung's blushing OMG.

"Aish! Get in!" And with one last push, I was finally inside Choi's car. Aaaaaaaand I just hit my head. "Ow... aish!" Before I could manage to look up and curse at her, my door was already closed, and Sooyoung’s already on the driver’s side. She put her seatbelt on. “Are you kidnapping me?” I asked as I try to open the door. But of course, she was faster than me... again. “Unlock it, Choi.” I said through gritted teeth. Seriously this girl is getting on my nerves again! “No.” was her answer. She flashed me a smile. GOD!  I've never hated someone this much in my whole life!

"Where are you taking me?"

"To neverland."

. How I hate this person so much.

 

 

 

End of POV
Flashback Pause

 

 

 

"OH MY ING GOD KIM TAEYEON WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY SISTER??!" Both Seohyun and I turned to the source of the high pitched voice. It turns out, it was Yuri... and Jessica. "I told you Tae has a thing for your sister." At first I was utterly confused (I'm pretty sure Seohyun was too) but then, we both looked down at our position---Seohyun was still straddling my waist; I was still holding her left wrist with my right hand, but my left hand was now placed on her waist... and inside her shirt... OhMyGodHowDidMyHandEvenGotThere??

I suddenly felt my whole face heat up, Seohyun was now blushing madly too. And the next thing I felt was that Earth-crashing slap on my arm as my of a best friend pulled away from me and stood up; throwing a pillow at her now-laughing twin sister. "It's not what you think, you ert!" She yelled. "Ow~" Yuri winced. Seohyun was now slapping her in the arm nonstop. "It's not my fault your positions were very intriguing." Yuri tried to defend herself from her sister's assaults while laughing. Jessica was sitting on one of the side couches as she watched the scene in front as if it was a drama.

I sat up.

"Stop it. STOP IT. You're breaking my bones!" Yuri finally managed to get a hold of her fuming sister. Seohyun stopped rambling. Well... until Yuri stuck out her tongue and started teasing again. "Argh! I HATE YOU DON'T TALK TO ME!" And with finally award-winning slap, Seohyun broke free and walked away in the direction of the kitchen. "Bravo!" was my remark with a matching standing ovation. Jessica did the same. "Yul, you never fail to amuse me." We bumped our fists together before she slumped her buttocks on the sofa, dragging her precious girlfriend with her in the process. "Hnngg. My arms hurt. Massage me, Sicababy" I raised my eyebrow at the tone. Seriously, Yuri just at being sweet sometimes. "Aww... my baby's hurt?" Okay. Maybe most of the time. I rolled my eyes at the two love birds in front of me being affectionate and .

my loveless life very much.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

Flashback Continuation
Seohyun's POV

"Just take me home, Choi." I said, still not looking at her (because if I look at her, I might smack her face) because she's the only person I've hated this much in my whole life. "Where are you taking me anyways?" "You'll see." Did she just wink at me? How disgusting. "So why were you walking?" She asked me for the umpteenth time as soon as the car came to a stop. Instead of answering her, I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep. "Come on, don't do that. I might end up kissing you." I don't know why, but my eyelids immediately opened as soon as those words came out from Sooyoung's mouth. I shot her a deadly glare. "You just know how to get into my nerves, don't you?" I hissed. She just smiled again. Dammit! How I just hate her more! "You wouldn't hate me for no apparent reason, right? So I need a reason. And that's it." I scoffed at her statement. "To annoy me for the rest of my life?? Please..." Silence filled the air after what I said. I could only hear our breathing (and the radio) "So why were you walking?" I nibbled my lower lip in frustration. I am about to curse and kick her right now, if it wasn't for the car moving again and this seatbelt preventing me to move more. "You know I'm not gonna stop until I get an answer. So better answer me now." Choi said with a chuckle at the end of her sentence. No. I'm not answering her.

Juhyun, don't answer her.

Seohyun, no.

Seo Ju Hyu---oh this.

 

 

 

"I wanted to be alone." I said, almost irritably. "Why?" "Yah. You said you'd stop if I answer you; and I answered you already." I shot daggers at her which she just laughed off. "Come on now. You need to tell me something. Anything." Why am I even wasting my precious time on her again? "Why should I? It's not like we're close" I looked out the window and noticed something very odd. 'The hell?? I know this road we're taking... it's... is she bringing me to her house? Noooooooo way!'  I opened my mouth to protest, but again, Choi was fast so... "No. We are close. I mean, we wouldn't be hating each other if we weren't." Okay, that doesn't make abosolute sense. "We've known each other since pre-school, and I'm pretty confident that if you didn't grew up hating me, we'd be best friends too. Like you and Taeyeon." Tss! Me and Sooyoung as best friends? It's hard to imagine it. I mean, we've been cursing each other and throwing stuffs everytime we cross paths people would have a hard time thinking about us being friends. Even I'm having a hard time imagining it right now. It just doesn't fit. I think we're meant to be enemies. "Hey." Sooyoung's soft voice rang in my ear. I looked at her, not because she called me, but because I think this is the very first time I've heard her speak like that. "You can tell me your problems, you know. I'm a good listener." She said as she glanced at my side from time to time. I'm seriously considering telling her, to be honest. Jesus Christ what's happening to me?

The car suddenly came to a stop.

In front of a big house.

The same big house I used to come by with my parents.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You're in love with Taeyeon."

I widened my eyes. And I think my heart just stopped beating. But not because I finally confirmed that Sooyoung was actually trying to take me to her house, but because of THAT big secret that I've been keeping for so long; that same big secret that nobody knows about but the Girls.

The Girls know... except for Taeyeon.

 

 

 

Oh I forgot... she's Jessica's friend.

Oh .

 

 

 

 

 

End of Flashback

---

Two Weeks Later
Tiffany's POV

"Hey, T." I looked up from my sketch pad as soon as I heard my bff's voice. "Hey, J." I greeted back with a chuckle afterwards, because we've been calling each other like that ever since the start of our friendship. "What's up?" She asked as soon as she flopped down on one of the chairs in front of my work table. I gestured to her by showing her the piles of materials sprawled out on my table as a wordless answer. I removed my eyeglasses. I saw Jessi nod in acknowledgement. "Are you free?" I immediately threw her my kneaded eraser, and it hit her right in the forehead. "Yah! Don't you know how precious my forehead is?" She threw me back the eraser just as aggressively. It was a good thing I had faster reflexes than her. Haha! "This forehead is worth a million dollars, FYI!" Jessi continued while pointing at her forehead---that was wide enough to land a plane. I'm laughing now. "Okay, okay. I get it. That airport-wide of a forehead of yours is to die for. Okay." I joked while laughing my off. I suddenly felt Jessica slap my forehead with the palm of her hand. "You little twit!" And... there goes the middle finger up in the sky. I reciprocated her assault. And later on, we were both laughing. Yeah... that's how we are.

"But seriously though, is what you're doing important?" My best friend asked once again as she sat her bum back down on the chair across of me. "Why?" I asked in answer. I heard Jess sigh and rub her nape. "Nick's downstairs." As soon as I heard that name, my mood immediately took a huge turn. I don't exactly know why but ever since Seohyun and I saw a certain situation that sickened the two of us a few weeks ago, I felt like I didn't ever wanna see Nichkhun again. Because this is too much for me. I mean, I can take all his girl friends, but not her ex. No. Not Victoria. Because I'm still his girlfriend and he's still mine, but sometimes I really feel insignificant. Maybe I shouldn't have agreed to this relationship in the first place. Our situation wasn't like this in the first few years of our relationship. We were both good and satisfied with each other then, but lately, everything's starting to change.

 

 

 

"Break it off, Tiff." I heard Sica's voice again after a while of silence. I looked up at her with the expression of misery and being lost. I am lost. I've been lost ever since. And I don't know when will someone come and save me from this nightmare. "Break it off with him. You can't keep living like this your whole life." Jessi had a calm expression on and her voice was soft as ice cream that if I'm not thinking about how to fix my life, I would've pinched her cheek right now. "But Jess---" "But what? You've already graduated from college. We've already built this company. That's all we've been waiting for, right? That was our plan. That was YOUR plan." I know. I know that Jessica was right; that this was our plan, that after college and after this company had been built, I'd break it off with Nichkhun. That I would finally cut off any connections there is with him and his family. But how would I do that? What if they come after me? The Horvejkul's are a very well known family in Thailand, and as well as in the whole of Asia. They have a lot of connections. They'd come back for me.

Oh My God what did I got myself into?

"If you're worried about the fact that what if they'll come back for you, don't you ever forget the fact that we're here." I heard Jessi's calm voice again. She's right. I shouldn't have been so scared. Because whatever happens, I've got my Girls to back me up anytime I need them; especially the twins---Korea's youngest billionaires, and their family is one of the most influential families in Korea, Asia, and some parts of Europe and US. Oh My ing God why haven't I thought that I have friends like this before?? Great. You're so stupid, Miyoung.

 

 

 

"Tiff." Jessica and I both looked up at my office's door, and saw that one person we'd ever wanted to see last. Jessica was the one who stood up first, then I stood after a second of contemplating. And for a minute's sake, Jessica and I both looked at each other before Jess decided to break the awkward silence between the three of us. "I'll be outside. Call me when you need me." She told me with a sly smile. Although I can't see what Jessica is about to do before she reaches that door (well, because her back was now facing me) I know she stared Nichkhun down, or Nick wouldn't have looked away. As soon as the door closed with a click, Nichkhun finally looked at me. He smiled. "Hey." I stared at him with a blank expression. Honestly, now that my best friend's out of the scene, I don't know what to do; what to say. Should I push him away? Should I just tell him that from this day on, we're over? 'Jess, come back. Help me.' My mind's telling me to scream and call for help, but my heart's saying otherwise. I feel scared. Not because Nichkhun's hugging me now, but because of my self. My dumb, anxious, coward self. "I missed you~" He whispered to my ear and planted a kiss there. I was still unable to find my voice. I was just standing there, letting him hug me and whisper sweet nothings in my ear.

I'm suddenly scared again... until I remembered what Jessi had told me. '... don't you ever forget the fact that we're here.' I gripped the hem of Nichkhun's shirt, and pushed him away from me lightly. "Nick, we need to talk." He smiled at me again, and somehow, I'm starting to hate that smile. "Sure. But you have to go to our restaurant later. I have to tell you something. Let's have the talk there." I was about to say something in contrast to what he said, but he cut me with a kiss on the lips. "Save your words for later, hon." He hugged me again. . I think I just got myself into a deeper hole. "I'll see you later?" He said as he pulled away from me, and little did I know that I would end up nodding to him in aggreement. Good job, Stephanie. Good job.

I sighed in defeat as I slumped back on my leather work chair. Maybe I shouldn't have let Jessica walk away, 'cause she knows what to do. No. No, maybe I shouldn't have started this mess. Yes. It's my fault. It's all because of my cowardness and stupidity why I'm in this mess. I should've listened to Jessi and Seohyun.

I should've.

Damn it. I need Seohyun's help.

 

 

 

 

 

---

Author's POV

Nichkhun still had a wide smile plastered on his face as he closed the door to Tiffany's office. He turned to the brunette standing by the side, who had her arms crossed, as if the latter was waiting for him intendedly. "What's up, Jess?" He exclaimed, as he tried to hug his girl's best friend. But Jessica held up a hand, stopping the Thai boy from his intentions of hugging. "Don't 'what's up' me. We're not friends." The group's 'Ice Princess' spit out coldly, as if Nichkhun was the worsest person she had ever met in her twenty-six years of existence (Well, he is, actually) "Woah! Chill, babe." Nichkhun exclaimed, his innocent eyesmile quickly replaced with a dirty smirk. Jessica couldn't be more pissed. Only God knows how much she wanted to kick that awful smirk from Nichkhun's face right now; and she was about to, but she quickly retracted. Because no matter what she reasoned, it would be inapproriate, PLUS, it will taint her and her family's name and Tiffany's name and their company's name, and that wouldn't be good. 'No. Not good at all, Jung Soo Yeon.' Suddenly, Nichkhun laughed menacingly. "What? You gradually realized that if you punch me in the face, you'll be going into jail?" For a second, Jessica considered doing it. But of course in the end, she wasn't like that.

"No. I just thought that... if I kick your balls right now, the other girls wouldn't have a chance to, because you'd be lying in a pool of your own blood by now. And that would be unfair." Jessica smirked inwardly as Nichkhun's expression darkened. "I guess, I'll wait for them. So that we could all enjoy the happiness given by a punching bag!" The american girl squealed and clapped her hands in excitement; still provoking the Thai boy.

Even before Nichkhun could retaliate, Jessica was already standing behind him---holding the door knob. "See you, around, Nikon." "You know, Tiffany's going to say yes." The smirk on Nichkhun's face came running back in a split-second. He faced Jessica once again even before the former could turn the knob. "She's going to say yes. Because she's a ."

"Oh... is that so?" was the last sentence Jessica ever said before she decided that her fist fits Nichkhun's horrible face.

 

 

 

"Miss Jung!"

"Sir Nichkhun!"

Everyone that was walking the the hallway that time, and saw the scene, were astonished by what just happened (who wouldn't be? I mean, you just saw your boss punch a well known businessman, how would you react to that?) An awkward silence filled the atmosphere after Nichkhun had collapsed on the floor, holding his jaw. "The next time that you call my best friend names, I would gladly push you off that window without any remorse!" ' everyone's ego' was the only thing that's running inside Jessica's head right now, and she didn't care whether this'll be on the headlines by tomorrow. "Guards! Get this bastard off my ground." The brunette ordered, and the security quickly complied. But of course, Nichkhun didn't let the guards take him outside. "Don't touch me!" Nichkhun swatted the hands that were trying to get a hold of him as he took a step towards Jessica. "We're not yet through. You'll pay for this, ." Jessica just grinned at the spiteful remark. "I'll be waiting, then?" And with that one last sentence, Jessica gestured her guards to finally drag the Thai boy outside her territory, before something much much worse could happen.

 

 

 

 

 

---

That Same Hour
Seo Development Company

Seohyun was going through the blueprints that were rolled on her desk---Han Hotel's plans. "Can't we put the suites below the penthouse? I mean, it doesn't seem right if we put it at the top floor. Have you seen a penthouse like that? Penthouses are supposed to be on the last floor of the building." The latter said as calmly as possible. She didn't wanna loose another Interior Designer just because she couldn't control her mood swings. God knows how many people she lost ever since last week. Seohyun lowered the blueprint so she could take a look at her employee's features. Choi Minho, who was just hired three months back, rubbed his nape, and could only smile slyly. "I-I'm sorry, Miss Seo. I-I'll just revise it for you." The tall man said as he took back his floor plan, and bowed politely to his boss. "Give it to me by the thirtieth." Seohyun flashed a quick smile before she let her employee off. "Yes, Miss Seo." Minho bowed once again and headed for the door. He bowed again as soon as he caught sight of their team leader.

Yoona cleared before speaking. "President Seo!" The latter yelled like a soldier would. Seohyun glared at her employee through the new floor plan she was holding; examining. "What do you want, Yoona?" Seohyun's voice was stern, but not cold; authoritative, since they were inside the company premises. The doe-eyed girl sat at one of the chairs in front of he boss's marble table. "Wanna go eat lunch with me?" Yoona shamelessly asked with a goofy smile plastered on her face. Seohyun put down the floor plan, and glared at Yoona once again. "I'm busy." "I can see that." Yoona just chuckled because she knows Seohyun, being a diligent girl she is, would skip any meal just to finish her paperwork early. "But you have to eat, or else, you might get anorexic." And she also knows that with further pursuations, she'd finally get her boss to say yes. "I'll eat later." Seohyun answered monotonously as she rolled and unrolled blueprints here and there. "You can't skip a meal; you'll get ulcer." Yoona countered. And for a moment, Seohyun almost laughed, but kept it in. At this time, she was Seo Ju Hyun---the CEO of SDC, not the regular Seo Ju Hyun, so... NO LAUGHING. "Stop annoying me, Miss Im. If you want to eat lunch then, go." Yoona sigh and stood up from her seat. She suddenly rounded Seohyun's table and grabbed the younger girl's hand. Juhyun was a bit taken aback by the bold movement. "Yah!" Seohyun yelled in a quiet tone, even though no one could possibly hear them. "If I'm going to eat lunch by myself, I wouldn't even waste my energy coming in here, so clearly... I want to eat with you, and I'm not gonna stop until you agree to go with me." The doe-eyed girl's statement ended with a mehrong. And Seohyun could only groan in frustration. Seriously, no one beats Im Yoona's determination. "Fine! I'll go with you. Just let me clean this up first." "Ugh! What's the purpose of having a secretary?" Yoona finally decided to grab Seohyun's handbag on the side, and pull the owner up on her feet. "Come on, Juhyun." Seohyun could only curse inside her mind. "Aish..." She huffed silently as she let Yoona drag her outside her office.

 

 

 

Suddenly, Seohyun felt her phone buzz inside her blazer's pocket. She fished out her phone, and read.

1 Unread Message

From: JJ

[Juhyun, I think we need to talk]

It was Jessica, her twin's girlfriend. Her thumb hovered over the screen of her phone as she tried to think of a reason as to why would Jessica needed to talk to her, and in a seemingly serious manner? 'OMG did she and Yul fought?' Suddenly, the elevator made a ringing sound and woke up Seohyun from her daze. Yoona was still holding her hand, and so the former dragged her again inside the elevator. She let Yoona hold her hand. [Why? Is something wrong?] Seohyun carefully thought and typed before sending. 'Damn it. There's no signal.' Right. They were in an elevator, of course there's no signal. And so it took a good while for her message to be delivered.

"Where do you wanna eat?" Seohyun suddenly heard her friend's voice again. She quickly looked back at her phone as soon as it vibrated again. "Anything you choose would be fine." The younger of the two answered without looking at the other. Seohyun heard Yoona sigh and muttered "Why are you always like that?"

From: JJ

[Nichkhun's here. And I think we need to push through with that plan. I can't keep seeing Tiffany like this. Can you? She's your friend too, right?]

Is she?---Seohyun thought. She and Tiffany had known each other ever since their college days, and is her best friend's friend, but they never really had a proper conversation. Most of the time, the talk would only last a couple of minutes and would always contain "Oh" "Really?" "Sure" "Yeah" "No" and... many other things. Though, they're really not that close, she could consider her as a friend (since she's also in 'Girls' Generation' so...) [Yeah?]

Seohyun waited for Jessica's response as she watched Yoona order up by the counter. They were in a Salad Bar. And suddenly, Seohyun's mouth slowly quirked up on the sides. Because she knows very well that Yoona hates vegetables and anything healthy, and yet, they still ended up here. Apart from Taeyeon, there's absolutely no one that could be any more sweeter than Yoona---Seohyun thought. But why couldn't see that? Why couldn't see Yoona's persistent efforts throughout the years? Yoona had always been there whenever Taeyeon wasn't (like right now) And Yoona had always put her first before herself, before anyone or anything, and still she doesn't seem to notice that. Was it because she was too blinded with her unrequited love for her best friend? It has to be. And sometimes she wishes that only if she had met Yoona much earlier, she would've fallen for her instead.

'But... it isn't too late, right?'

Her phone buzzed again and almost fell off from the table. For a moment, Seohyun just stared at the screen. It wasn't Jessica who texted, but that girl they were talking about earlier. Seohyun took a deep breath before swiping the screen with her thumb. She opened up the message.

From: Stephanie Young

[Juhyun, I need your help on something.]

Seohyun almost scoffed at the message. 'Do I look like a councellor?? I'm an Engineer for 's sake. Why are people asking me for help?' She quickly typed for an immediate reply, at the same time Yoona arrives. "Here you go~" The doe-eyed girl chimed as she placed the tray of food in front of Seohyun. SDC's CEO just looked up and smiled back in acknowledgement, then quickly went back on her phone. Yoona started munching on her vegetable burger as she watched the younger girl across her. "Hey, you've been busy with your phone ever since we went out of your office." As if being scolded by her mom, Juhyun immediately put down her phone, and started eating. "Sorry." She said in English and chuckled after. "Who were you talking to, anyways?" Yoona started to ask after a while. Seohyun paused for a moment; stuck between telling Yoona the truth or not. "Uhh... S... Steph..." Seohyun's voice was full of uneasiness, and Yoona was very well aware of that. "Tiffany?" The doe-eyed girl tried to confirm. Because if ever Seohyun was keeping a secret from her, well, she'd waste no time finding it out. "Yeah..." The younger of the two couldn't bare the eye contact, so she continued munching on her meal.

'You're keeping something, and I'mma dare to find out.'

 

 

 

Back to Taeyeon's POV

"Hey, Tae." I heard a voice call and I felt a nudge on my elbow. I glanced at my right, and knew right away that it was Yuri. "Sup?" I asked while we were both walking towards the same direction (I think) where Seohyun's office was located. "Where are you going?" She asked me in return while still looking intently at the plan she was holding. "Lunch." was my very simple answer. Yuri nodded in acknowledgement, but later furrowed her eyebrows. She opened to speak again. "In Juhyun's office?" She let out a light chuckle as she rolled the plan she was holding, and looked at me finally. She had a sick grin plastered on her features. I rolled my eyes at her. "Duh? No. I'm gonna ask her out, of course." She didn't have time to respond as we finally reached Seobaby's happy place. Yuri was about to twist the knob of Seohyun's door, but someone suddenly opened it from the other side. We both got startled.

"Oh... Miss Seo, Miss Kim. Is there anything I can do for you?" It was Amber---Seohyun's secretary. Amber politely bowed and smiled at us as she waited for a response. "Oh, uhmm, where's the President?" Yuri spoke in a very polite manner that still astonishes me as to how she manages to switch from being a kkab to a boss in a matter of seconds. Seriously, she and Seohyin are so much alike. Well... twins... "Oh... she went to grab some lunch with Miss Im Yoona." Amber informed, and I swear my smiling lips immediately twisted upside down by the information. "She just asked me to clean her stuff for her." Juhyun's secretary continued. "Oh well, could you give this to her? I have a meeting with someone. I can't let this piece of paper stay inside my office, I might end up losing it." Yuri said in an utmost manner, but I almost laughed as I remembered the 'Yul-jinx'; that everytime Yuri keeps something, she always ends up losing it. Like her precious Mickey Mouse keychain that she kept under her bed when she was six, for example. "Of course, VP." Amber laughed a little as she accepted the rolled paper in her hands. "Thanks." Yuri said last before Amber finally bowed to us once again, and shooed off. I blankly watched Amber's retreating figure with a pout on my face. I felt Yuri slap me across the cheek. I glared at her. "Don't tell me you have hots for my sister's secretary." Black coffee mocked with that annoying grin again. Okay, now I understand why Seohyun tries to kill her everytime. " off, Yul. My eyes are reserved for one person and one person only." Yuri made an 'okay' sign with her fingers, and strutted off. Now... where were we? Oh I remember... why did my best friend didn't tell me she was having lunch with someone else? Right.

I grabbed my phone that was inside the pocket of my blazer, and decided to call that biatch.

It took a couple of rings before Seohyun picked up. "Sup?" Ugh. She's exactly like her twin... of course. "You're having lunch without me?" I asked while waiting for the elevator to come up on the floor I'm in. "Yoona just dragged me here. I protested but she's too persistent." [Yah!] Yoona's voice came roaring on the backround, and Seohyun's giggle came after. "Yeah yeah..." Finally, the elevator came and I entered immediately. "Why are you making me look like I'm your girlfriend and I'm cheating on you?" Seriously, this girl knows how to tease me well. And I know she's wearing that stupid grin even though I could not see it. "Stop grinning."

Silence suddenly filled the air, and only my best friend's breathing was all that I'm hearing. I didn't bother hanging up because I'm sure as hell that she still got something to say. I know her like that, and she knows me like this too---that when neither of us haven't said 'Goodbye' yet, we won't hang up. "Hey... you should call Tiffany." I suddenly hang up my phone and pulled out the chair next to Seohyun's. Yeah, I eventually found where they were. "Why?" I can see that both Yoona and Seohyun were stunned by my sudden appearance. Seohyun was just looking at me for about a minute, before she answered my question. "I think she needs you right now." Seohyun was about to plunged a lettuce into , but I quickly grabbed her fork and plunged the lettuce into my mouth instead. She immediately snatched back the fork. "Why, did something happened?" I asked again, and I see her look at Yoona---who was across us, before she looked at me, and I glanced at Yoona, and she glanced back, and the three of us just shot glances to each other until Seohyun finally found her voice.

 

 

“There’s something you should know...”

Was the last thing my best friend had said.

And I'm nervous.