Love In This Club

Yours Truly: 60 Seconds

Hi thar, guys~! So yeah... here's chapter 2 ^^ Hope you like it.

Oh, and... Since Yoona, Seohyun, Taeyeon and Tiffany are the main characters here, I've decided to make the story within their POVs (but mostly it's gonna be Taeyeon's)

So... on with the story? :))

---

You say you're searching for somebody that will take you out and do you right.

Well, come here baby and let daddy show you what it feels like.
You know all you gotta do is tell me what you're sipping on.
And I promise that I'm gonna keep it coming all night long.

Looking in your eyes,
While you're on the other side,
(And I think that shorty I gotta thing for you)
You're doing it on purpose, wind it and work it.
I can tell by the way that you're looking at me, girl.

My mouth fell in agape as I stared weirdly at a certain blonde girl sitting on the passenger seat beside me singing along to the song playing on my car’s radio. The traffic light was on the red light so we didn’t have to worry if I just sit here as I stared amusingly at my friend.

I wanna make love in this club.
In this club
In this club
In this club
I wanna make love in this club.
In this club
In this club
In this club

Hyoyeon turned to me while singing with her weird gestures, and this was the time I wasn’t able to keep my laughter in. I let out my infamous ahjumma laugh. Seriously? She just had to be one of the few people I know with great sense of humour. And don’t ever get me wrong, she IS a good singer, but she didn’t let out her inner Demi Lovato at this rate. She was Selena Gomez tonight. Not that I hate Selena. But you get the point.

I heard some stifled laughter from behind. I glanced at the back seat through the rearview mirror, and I see Tiffany and Seohyun trying hard to keep in their laughter. Tiffany was covering her face with her hands, and Seohyun was biting her lower lip, preventing her laughter to get out of .

‘y’

We were all busy laughing---wait. Hyoyeon was even laughing at herself now. We didn’t notice the traffic light shift from red to green.

“Tae! Green light.”

Hyoyeon was the first one to react by slapping my right arm hard. “Ow~” I winced as I look at her, still with a goofy smile. Then I remembered... “Tae!” oh! Right. Green light. I chuckled at myself as I push down the hand break, shift the gear, and step on the acceleration pedal.

We drove off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Let’s get this started!” Hyoyeon exclaimed in pure joy as she got out of the car first. Tss... party . I got out too, the same time Tiffany and Seohyun did. “Take care of my baby.” I said to the valet parking personnel as he slipped into my Audi’s driver seat. I watch my baby disappear into nothingness. I stared into space for a nano second until I feel an arm clung unto mine. I jumped a little at the sudden contact.

“Taetae, let’s go~” Tiffany whined, her eye-smile showing in full power. Jesus! This girl is seriously going to give me a heart attack. I stared at her beautiful face for like an eternity until my ing awesome best friend snapped me from my fantasies.

“If you two are just going to stand there... then... have fun...” I see Seohyun roll her eyes at us before she entered the amusement park with Hyo. Aish! Why is this girl bi-polar... sometimes? Just a while she was laughing like a retard, and now she seemed pissed. What’s wrong with this girl, really? I shook my head in disappointment. As time goes by, I can’t seem to understand that best friend of mine. I turned back to Tiffany, who had a confused expression painted on her face. I guess she was taken aback at the sudden shift of Seohyun’s attitude. She slowly turned her head at my direction. I didn’t say anything, and just slid her hand to clasp unto mine. We shot each other a smile before we finally entered the park.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We walked hand in hand just right behind Hyolo and Seobaby. In normal situations, we should probably be in a club right now dancing our souls out until dawn, drinking everything there is to drink, and doing God knows what. But like I’ve said earlier, I’m too lazy to party tonight. I’m stressed, yes. We all are. But to go clubbing means tiring your out, so I didn’t dare think of going.

Thus, explains why we are here right now in Lotte World. Hyoyeon couldn’t think of any good place to release our stress, but this. We all thought it was a good idea, so we all agreed.

 

 

 

“How was your day?” Came Tiffany’s attempt of starting a conversation. I smiled inwardly before I blurted out a verbal answer. “It was fine... I guess? Some more... finalizing here and there. Summing it all up, it spells S T R E S S.” yeah... it’s been a very stressful week. Well... we’ve all been living in stress ever since we graduated seven years back. I’m not complaining. I mean, this is my dream, and this is what I want. It’s good to be out of the campus and live our lives. No more waking up at six, no more homeworks, no more terror teachers, no more everything school life. It’s refreshing. But you know, I really can’t deny the fact that sometimes I wish I’d go back to studying. “Was there any ‘fine’ stress?” Tiffany mocked. I shrugged my shoulders. “Who knows? Maybe there is.” And then, she slapped my arm---the same arm blondie slapped earlier. “Ow~ Yah! You are just like Hyoyeon.” I pouted cutely at her. She flashed me her smile. Aigoo... she really knows me well.

 

 

 

“Hey you two!” Tiffany and I both turned our attentions to Hyoyeon. We both have been lost in our own world that we haven’t noticed we were now standing right below where the roller coaster was. . Not again. I just hate it every time everyone in the group wants to ride the hell cars first. “Let’s ride this baby first... like always.” I looked at the roller coaster to Hyoyeon, who had a disgusting smirk plastered across her lips.

 

 

 

 

 

“KYAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

 

 

 

 

A full package of screams came echoing into our ears. Damn it. “I think... I’ll pass.” I swiftly removed Tiffany’s hand from my hold and started walking away from these daredevils. But as soon as I turned my heels around, that’s as soon as I felt someone grab my jacket’s collar, hastily pulling me back. Now, I’m seeing Seohyun’s smirking face. What have I done wrong to deserve this?!

I gulped the remaining saliva on my body as the roller coaster cars finally arrived and slowly halting to a stop. Oh dear Lord, I don’t want to die yet. Make me die in any ways but this. Throw me off a cliff, run a train over me, throw me a cockroach, just don’t make me ride a roller coaster... “Woo!” I heard Hyoyeon’s scream as we started walking. I Shut my eyes tightly like my eyelids were going to rip anytime soon. Right now, I don’t really care. I’m sure my best friend’s the one dragging me with her.

Sadist es.

I opened my eyes just in time that the gates to the cars finally opened. “You know, guys... I’m fine, you go ahead.” I said as fast as I could without stuttering as I prepare myself for running away... again. Unfortunately, Hyoyeon and Seohyun are just as fast as Flash is from holding my arm, preventing me to walk away any further. “You’re not fooling us this time.” Hyoyeon playfully pushed me onto the first car. I turned around again, but my baby already pushed me all the way in. Now, I’m sitting my on the roller coaster car. OH OH OH OH OH OH . I whipped my head at Seohyun’s direction. “Yah! Couldn’t you at least be on my side?” I whined. Seohyun flashed me her charming smile---which never fails to bring foreign chills throughout my body. “Forgive me, Taetae, for this very first time I neglected you.” She mocked. “Ugh!” I groaned in frustration as I threw my head back on the leather seat. Seohyun pulled down the brace on my seat. “I’m not really expecting you to not die out of nervousness, but at least don’t die like those ignorant idiots in Final Destination Three.” She turned back her attention to the front. I looked away from her and buckled my seatbelt. From the corner of my eyes, I see Seohyun reach out her right hand to me, right after she secured herself. “What?” I innocently asked her. “Like the old times.” She said in a soft voice. I smiled and took her hand in mine. I interlocked our fingers. I find it really amusing that Seohyun could change a hundred-eighty degrees. Just earlier, she seemed pissed about something I don’t know, then, she started teasing me, and now, she’s being sugary sweet. “Thanks.” I said last as the roller coaster started moving.

I shut my eyes tight again.

OH JESUS...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CLICK.

CLICK.

CLICK.

 

 

 

“I’m so going to post this on Instagram.” Came Hyoyeon’s super evil laugh after she seemingly took shots of me puking on the trash bin nearby. I sent her my ice-cold glare---which I rarely deliver. She just stuck her tongue out at me.

“Taetae.”

I heard two voices called out in unison.

I wiped my mouth with my handkerchief as I straightened myself up and looked back and forth at the two figures standing at the either sides of me. They held a bottled water in their hands. I see them look at each other for a second, before bestie pulled away first. “I mean, Hyo!” she threw the bottle to our blonde friend, who was busy on her phone, but still managed to catch the container in one hand. “Thanks!” Hyoyeon exclaimed in a cheerful voice.

“Taeng~” I turned to Tiffany, who had her eye-smile showing again. I grabbed the bottle from her hand and smiled. I muttered a “Thank you.” Before I gulped the content and gargled some of it, Tiffany was patting my back as I did. I straightened up again and threw the bottle in the trash bin.

“Done~!” I heard Hyoyeon’s excited tone of voice. Hearing her, I rushed to her side and immediately grabbed her Samsung S5 from her grip. I widened my eyes and my mouth fell agape as I saw the three photos posted on Hyoyeon’s IG. Both Fany and Hyo giggled at my reaction. Blondie snatched her phone back. “Let’s go continue the party.” She grinned and walked away from us first. “YAH!” I ran after her. And the next thing we knew we were chasing each other like kids around the amusement park.

“Delete it, you choding!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

Tiffany’s POV

“Make sure the lightings are in good shape. Check the stage for any breakage. Make sure the back stage are well ventilated. I don’t want our models coming out with oily and sweaty faces. Check the fashion wears for any damage, so we can fix it while we still can. We can’t afford any...”

 

 

 

 

 

I smiled to myself before I let myself into the venue. “Hey, Jessie~!” I called out my best friend’s name in a sing-a-song voice. She glanced at me with a smile. I let out my trademark eye-smile in return. She, then, returned to her doings from earlier. “Hey, Hwang!” a familiar voice called out to me from behind. It was Hara---my ytary secretary. “Yo, Goo! Wazzup?” I greeted her playfully. She laughed at me with her dorky laugh---which got me laughing too. Seriously, this girl... tsk... tsk... tsk... “So... what?” I asked her through my laugh. “Oh, right.” Her laugh subsided bit by bit. She handed me a folder afterwards. “What’s this?” “That’s the guest list you requested for tonight’s show.” She said casually. “Oh...” was the only word that left my mouth. We both fell in the midst of silence as I scan the papers on my hold. I felt a nudge on my hips. “Nick’s coming?” “Hmm.” I nodded my head. “So... when are you going to tell Taeyeon about it?” she asked me in her most uncomfortable voice. I looked at her and froze for a second I can’t count. My mouth got lost for audible words. Why did I tell her again? “Hara... You know very damn well I can’t.” I put the list back inside the envelope and hand it back to the girl beside me. “Stop being like Seohyun.”

“Even if she wasn’t being like Seohyun, she still has a point. You know that.” I was busy trying to reason out to Hara that I didn’t know my best friend was already approaching us. I glared at Jessica. “You know, you can just tell her. And I don’t get what’s stopping you.” I was about to curse at her but even before I could manage to blurt out a you, Jessica beat me to it. “ you. Is that what you want to tell me?” she grinned at me, to which only resulted for me to send more shivering glares to her. Sometimes, I really can’t comprehend as to why people these days are pushing me on telling my Taetae about the hidden truth of Nichkhun’s relationship with me.

Wait. Did I just say MY Taetae? Ugh...

“Fany, Seohyun’s calling.” Hara lent me my phone. I grabbed my phone from her grip and stared at the caller ID for a moment before I pressed the answer button. “Hey.” “Hey, uhmm... I know you’re probably busy right now, but I need to tell you something.” Seohyun said seriously, I can tell. We aren’t close, but we could still be called ‘friends’. We have connections that makes us that. “What is it?” I excused myself from Jessica and Hara and moved into the corner of the venue. I heard a sigh from the other line. “I know I’m not in the position to meddle into someone’s life, but I can’t be ignorant as well.” Why do I sense something’s definitely wrong? What could’ve happened? Is Taeyeon in trouble? “It’s okay. Just tell me.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Nichkhun’s cheating on you.”

 

 

 

 

 

I almost dropped my phone after Seohyun’s answer. I don’t know why but as soon as it came out of , I believed her immediately. Because like what Taeyeon always say---Seohyun doesn’t lie. Well... maybe sometimes... but still... I don’t think she’ll ever lie to me about THIS---about my love life. She has no reason to, so I believe her.

In all hell's honesty, I shouldn’t be reacting like this. I shouldn’t be running away right now, with tears threatening to fall from my eyes. “Where are you?” I’m almost glad my voice didn’t waver with all the tears that started to flood my cheeks. “Convenience store. The one across Seoul University.” “Okay.” With that said, I ended the call and sprinted towards the elevator.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It took about thirty minutes before I got to the convenience store Seohyun told me to go to. Well... the heavy traffic didn’t help at all. I hurriedly got out of my white Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 and walk my way towards the store. Right at the time the automatic sliding doors opened, a hand grabbed mine and pulled me further into the store. “Hey---“ “Keep your head down.” I just realized right now that it was Seohyun who had pulled me in. I complied at what she instructed me to do. Now, we’re both walking on an isle like a shoplifter trying not to get caught. “Hyun, we look like a shoplifter here!” I hissed in my quiet voice, the same time we stopped on our tracks. “Have you ever seen a shoplifter who drives expensive cars and carries signature bags?” Seohyun argued. “Criminals nowadays are like that.” I stated otherwise. She rolled her eyes at what I said. “Whatever.” I opened my mouth to argue further but she beat me to it. “Look. Look.” She pointed at the two figures standing by the counter. I widened my eyes full of fury and almost jumped at the two of them if not for Hyun’s hold on my arm. Nick had his arms around the waist of a red-headed girl---whom seemed familiar. And they were giggling to each other and whispering sweet nothings to each other’s ears. I clenched at the side and gritted my teeth.

Tsk! And he even got the balls to do this to me?!

“Hey, chill. We might get caught.” Seohyun tried to calm me, I can tell. Well... she was rubbing my back softly like she was so careful of me taking notice of her actions. I averted my thoughts back to the ‘couple’ we were spying on. “Isn’t that girl---“ “Victoria. Yes.” Sometimes, I wanna knock on this brunette’s skull for beating me from saying a single word. “I thought she’s in China?” Seohyun pulled me once again with her as we follow our subjects in subtle steps. “A bird told me she just came back last night.” We stopped on an isle right behind the bar---just right behind my boyfriend and his EX-girlfriend. Yeah. Song Qian or Victoria is Nick’s ex of three years. I crossed my arms by my chest as Seohyun and I stared at their backs. “If you’d let me, I could just pull Vic’s hair and drag her to hell right now.” I felt Seohyun’s blank stare from the corner of my eyes. “I want to, but I can’t. Because that’ll mean trouble, and Taeyeon’s going to kick my if I let you into one.” I reciprocated the look she just gave me right before she pulled away. I saw her disgusted expression, which resulted on me looking back at Nick and Vic. Hey... that rhymes...

 

 

 

I widened my eyes at the sight.

Nichkhun is ing caressing Victoria’s exposed leg. OH MY GOD.

This fuelled the fire within me.

 

 

 

“I don’t think it’s necessary for us to continue watching this sick scene.” Seohyun whispered to me as she dragged me out of the store with her.

Seohyun got my car keys that was on my hold the whole time, and clicked on the unlock button. She opened the door on the passenger’s side and pushed me in. “Don’t ask.” She said as I watch her close the door and walk towards the driver’s side. She slipped in and started the engine. “What about your car?” I buckled my seatbelt with shaky hands. I saw Hyun throw her Chanel shoulder bag onto the back seat. “Chauffeur Lee will take care of it.” She buckled her seatbelt, shifted the gear, and drove off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Scream.” I heard Seohyun’s commanding voice as I stared into the sky. “No way. This is your building, and it’s embarrassing.” I reasoned. Honestly, I don’t get it why Seohyun’s being overly sweet and good to me right now. Because as far as I know, she often gives me the cold shoulder, especially when I’m with Taeyeon. “Why are you doing this?” I asked her. “I’m just helping you get this out of your chest.” She said casually as she sat at a bench nearby.

 

 

 

“Fany!”

Both of us turned to the voice. Taeyeon ran to approach us. “Fany, you... okay?” she carefully asked by the time she arrived on our spot. I looked down at Seohyun, and she looked up at me almost immediately. We communicated through our eyes. And I guess she caught up on what I was trying to deliver to her because she lightly shook her head. And with that, I averted my attention to the girl standing in front of me. Taeyeon ought to have a very inaudible expression as she looked from me to her best friend, then back at me. “Seohyun texted me and told me you’re here.” She said in an almost quiet voice. I would like to think that wasn’t the sentence she had in mind. I flashed the most genuine smile I could ever show. “I’m fine. For what reason would you think I’m not?” I made another lie excuse, I know. “Hyunnie told me you were upset about something... that’s why I came.” She looked at me with her worried face. I glance at the side, where Seohyun was but eventually found an empty space.

Then, Taeyeon suddenly pulled me in a heart-warming hug. I got startled at first, but later calmed down. I returned the favour by circling my arms around her slender waist. “You know, you can tell me anything.” She whispered lovingly to my ear, and I think I felt shivers crawling up my spine---which I NEVER did felt whenever Nichkhun’s the one who does it to me. “Okay.” Was the only word I uttered as I watch Seohyun walk back inside the building, away from us. Her heels clanking against the hard cement flooring of the rooftop.

 

 

 

Sometimes I wanted to blame myself for Joohyun’s mood swings... for being the cause of her coldness...

 

 

 

But like she said to me once...

“It was never your fault, or anybody’s... It was mine.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

Yoona’s POV

“Yoona, have you seen my twin?” I raised my head and witnessed the company’s Vice President closing up towards my table. I simply shook my head at her. “No, VP. Sorry.” Yuri sighed as she sat down on the empty chair across of mine. “Her phone’s off. She wouldn’t do that in any circumstances.” She’s right. Seohyun isn’t really the type of person who turns off her phone no matter what reason. “Maybe her phone got low-batt.” I tried to reason even though I, too, was starting to think where could that girl be.

She wasn’t in her office when I stopped by earlier.

I sensed that Yuri was thinking about what I’ve said. “I see we have a guest.” Yuri and I looked up in unison at the person who just arrived, a tray in hand. It was Sunny. she smiled at our boss before she placed our food down on the table one by one. “What’s up?” She asked. Yuri yawned before answering. “Just chillin’. It’s boring upstairs.” She chuckled lightly. “I see.” Sunny placed the now empty tray beneath the empty table behind us. “Hey, have you seen Joohyun?” Yuri asked again, but with Sunny this time. And like my response earlier, she also shook her head, and said “No.” but she added “Why?” afterwards. Both Sunny and I started eating.

“Aren’t you going to eat?”

“Nah... I’m cutting off. My evil twin said I’m getting chubbier.” Yuri snorted. I grinned at what she had just said---It’s so Joohyun. The three of us fell into the entertaining world of silence, until I felt something vibrate in my pocket. I brought out my phone.

1 unread message, it said.

“Seohyun texted.” I announced and saw Yuri leaned in and grabbed my phone from my grip. I flinched a little at the smart- move. “Yah!” she completely ignored my presence. I see her stare at my phone’s wide screen as she furrowed her eyebrows. What did Seohyun say in the message? I placed down my fork onto the side of the plate and mirrored Yuri’s move earlier. “Give me that.”

Yoongie, where are you? Was Seohyun’s message to me. “Why is she asking you where you are?” Curious KkabYul came into the situation. “Why not me?” she softly asked herself. “Because she thinks you weren’t of help.” Sunny butted-in---to which Yuri responded with a scoff. They started bickering about God knows what as I let myself drown into Seohyun’s wonderful world. I’m at Sbarro. Where are you anyways? I typed as fast as Flash was. And I guess she typed so fast too, because her reply came in almost immediately. I’m outside the building. Thinking. >.< Thinking? About---wait. Thinking... outside...

She’s smoking again? Aish! This brat is seriously so hard-headed!

I huffed. I put my phone back inside my pocket and finished my meal. I’m guessing Sunny and Yuri saw my urgency because they were now bombarding me with a bunch of... things...

“Did she say where she is?”

“Why are you eating so fast?”

“Yah... tell me where my sis is.”

“Yoona stop eating like a cow.”

I raised my hand up in front of the two of them to stop their continuous blabbering. Fortunately, the trick worked in an instant. I wiped my mouth with a table napkin and stood up. “If you two would excuse me, I’ll go ahead.” I smiled at them, who just stared at me in disbelief. “Okay. See ya~” I walked my way far from the two and outside the Italian restaurant.

The moment my feet reached the entry way of the company, I saw a tall, slim figure talking on the phone, a cigarette in hand. No need for thoughts. I know exactly who that person was. And for a minute there, I just gazed blankly at her back through the plate glass of the lobby. I smiled at myself for getting dazed at the goddess standing on the other side.

Before anyone could even suspect that something’s wrong with me---smiling about ‘nothing’ and staring into space wouldn’t be of a much help. My feet seemed to have a mind of its own because I was now walking my way towards the glass revolving door that would lead me outside of the building. As soon as I got out, I immediately looked towards my left side to where the goddess stood. I walked closer slowly, hands on my back as I looked at her with my alligator smile like she’s the most fascinating creature in the world. She is

 

 

 

“... The construction’s taking place in three days time, ma’am...” I heard her speak again as I step closer and closer to where she is. “... Yes. It would be my pleasure to discuss with you tomorrow...” she smiled, as if the person from the other party could see it. Why do we people do that? As if the one we’re talking to on the other line could see what we’re doing and how we react? I’m curious. “... Yes. Thank you, Mrs. Park. I’ll see you tomorrow. Bye.” She pulled her phone away from her ear, and clicked the ‘end call’ button. She put her hand down as she continued to inhale and exhale the smoke coming from her cigarette. I stopped on my tracks just when there’s only one step of a distance between us.

Seohyun slowly turned her head at my direction. I smiled at her. I think she got nervous with my unexpected presence because she scrambled on throwing her cigarette to the trash can below the steps of the building. I tried so hard to stifle my laugh when I saw her panic, and as she was now hurriedly getting back up to where I am. She covered with her hand and coughed a little. “Yoona.” she called out to me the moment she looked up at me.

I let my hands lay on my sides. “You asked me where I am and told me you were ‘thinking’, so I rather I have myself figure out what you were thinking about. It turns out...” I trailed when she wrapped her arms around my thin waist out of the blue. I staggered back a bit. I felt her inhale air... or was it my scent? “Don’t tell Taeyeon.” It was more like a plead rather than a warning. Her hug tightened. It was like a koala hugging tightly on a bamboo tree. I wasn’t hugging her back, though. I don’t exactly know why. I rested my head against hers instead, and closed my eyes. Maybe it was because we were at her company, and if I hug her back it’ll be... okay... maybe I’m just afraid that if I hug her back I’d never find the courage to let go.

“Hyun... people are starting to stare...” I whispered in her ear. She pulled away just enough for her to get a clear view of my face. “I don’t care, and neither do they have to, or else... I’ll fire them.” She said in a serious tone as she hugged me again as tight as earlier. I just grinned at her answer. Really... this silly girl...

I swung my two arms around her briefly, and squeezed her like a huge stuffed toy I just bought. “You’re so cute~!” “Ah~” I heard a childish whine when I did what I just did. I let go reluctantly and softly pulled her away from my body. I looked at her in the eye. She was pouting at me. I didn’t say anything and just giggled at her. I ruffled her hair, and held her hand in mine.

“Let’s go. Your twin’s being paranoid about you turning off your phone.” I chuckled, and dragged her with me back inside the company. “Why did you turn off your phone? And why did you suddenly disappear?” instead of answering my question, she just hugged my arm as we walked towards the elevators.

 

 

 

 

 

End of Yoona’s POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

“Ms. Kim?”

I stopped on my doings the moment the door to my office went slightly ajar and revealed a familiar face. Amber smiled at me. “Unnie?” she rephrased her call. I chuckled at her. “What is it?” I continued packing my stuff as she approached my table. “I forgot to remind you that Ms. Seo arranged a meeting with Ms. Hyoyeon about the ongoing project.” “Oh. Wait. Which Seo?” I paused on putting my laptop inside its case. “Oh, right! Yuri busajangnim.” Came her answer and her laughter. I flicked her head for forgetting that our bosses are siblings. “Hehehe... sorry.” She smiled sheepishly and rubbed her nape. “Tsk! It’s okay, stupid. Go home now. It’s hard to find rides at this time, and to think that it’s raining cats and dogs outside.” I told her like I was her older sister. Well... the group was always like this to her. “Okay. Bye, unnie!” she waved to me before she skipped like a child towards the door. I shook my head at that dork.

I finished packing up and glanced around my office for any valuables I could have missed. When I’ve secured everything, I turned off the lights and went out into the hallway. Nicole---my most loyal secretary almost immediately went to my side and grabbed hold of my things the moment I came into her view. “Uh... get Changmin to ready the car and get those inside. I’ll be down in a bit.” I patted her shoulder. “Sure.” She winked at me before she walked away. People in this company forgets the formalities when it’s off time. People these days... tsk... tsk... tsk...

I shook my head in pure disbelief before I knocked at the door in front of me that lead inside my best friend slash boss’s office. “Hyun~” I called out in a sing-a-song voice. “What?” I heard her loud voice from where I stood. “Are you ready?” I opened the door just enough for me to sneak half of my body in. She looked up from her desktop computer. “You go ahead. I still have to finish things.” She said to me as she continued typing away whatever it is that she’s typing with those unbelievably furious fingers. She was like she was playing a piano. I let myself into her office fully and shut the door behind me. “Babe, I can’t just leave you here. It’s raining outside. Plus! We’ll be going to the fashion show together, remember?” she stopped typing right away when I mentioned one of the nicknames she hated. She threw me her scale, which I caught with my hands smoothly. “I have a car, remember?” she mocked me. She continued on what she was doing. “You left it by the convenience store, remember?” I more as I sat down on one of the chairs across her table. “I called Chauffeur Lee.” She stuck out her tongue. “Didn’t Chauffeur Lee drove it straight to the house?” a smirk was slowly forming on my lips when Seohyun face-palmed herself. “ing !” she muttered. “I know, right? So I’m going to wait for you.” My smirk fell into a sarcastic smile. She smacked me hard on my left arm. “Ow~” I winced and laughed. It DID hurt, though. “I hate you...” she muttered last before she have seemed to shut down her desktop computer. “Okay. Come on, up kid.” She threw me her shoulder bag as she stood and packed her remaining stuff on her table. I swung her bag onto my right shoulder and waited for her outside.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seohyun immediately stole her bag back to her hold the very moment we were about to step outside of her building. We both waved to the remaining staff inside before we finally went through the revolving door that lead outside, to the streets of Seoul. I opened my blue umbrella---the only thing Nicole didn’t take from me earlier. “Where’s your car?” the girl beside me asked while she seemed to be texting someone. I let out an annoyed sigh when I realized my car’s still not here. Where is it? Didn’t I told Nic to tell Changmin to ready it? God... what are those two doing at this time?? They better not do it inside my car. “I told Nic to---“

The two of us raised our heads at the car from the other side of the road. “Hey... isn’t that...” Seohyun trailed as soon as the driver of THAT car came running outside towards the hood of her car.

Tiffany?”

Seohyun and I exclaimed in unison. I was about to run to her when I gradually realized that my baby was with me. I looked at her, and turns out, she was looking at me too. “What are you waiting for? Go!” she instructed me. I reached out to her hand and gave it a light squeeze. “Wait here, okay? I’ll come back for you.” “No. It’s okay. It’s already eight o’clock. Show’s starting in two hours. You need to get her there. ASAP.” I can’t comprehend why I hesitated for a while. I mean, at this moment, I had to choose between Seohyun and Tiffany. “I’ll push you down the stairs if you don’t move a muscle!” my best friend pushed me slightly down the steps. “Just give me a minute. I’ll be back.” I said to her last before I decided to run across the street, to Tiffany.

 

 

 

 

 

“Miyoung!” I have no choice but to yell because the rain's pouring harder with a chance of meatballs lighting and thunderstorms. Tiffany convulsed and looked at me immediately. “Tae!” I guess she was shocked and happy at the same time to see me because she was now hugging me with her wet body. I held her closer with my free arm. “What happened?” I yelled once again. She pulled away from me just enough for her to get a look at my face. “My car got jammed... again.” She sighed. She glanced at my now damped clothes. “Oh my gosh, Tae, I’m sorry.” She said in smooth English. I waved her off. “Nah~ It’s okay.” I reassured... in Korean. She flashed me her infamous eye-smile. She glanced at her wrist watch. “Fashion Show’s starting in two hours.” She muttered to herself. “We gotta go.” I said to her at the same time we saw my car slowly approaching our side. It stopped a few metres from us. The driver’s side door opened, revealing Changmin---the valet boy, with his huge black umbrella. “Ms. Kim. I’m so sorry. I---“ “It’s okay.” I smiled at him. He bowed due to respect. “Where’s Yongjoo?” I think I just saw Changmin’s blushing face in this weather. “Uhh... I sent her... home.” The dude rubbed his nape. Naww... he’s shy XD. “Okay, okay. I don’t need to know the details. Thank you for bringing the car.” I grinned at him, and he bowed at me again. “You may go now.” He smiled at me and Tiffany politely before he turned his heel and walked back inside the building. I turned back to Tiffany. “Let’s go. It looks like the rain isn’t gonna stop.” She nodded furiously. I noticed her shivering. I widened my eyes as if it was gonna come out of its sockets. I sort of panicked. I grabbed her hand and slipped her inside the passenger’s seat. I walked towards the other side of my car and grabbed the door handle.  But then...

Thunder came roaring above, in the sky. I flinched. “!” I hissed at the harsh sounds surrounding the night. I opened the door on the driver’s side, but before I got the chance to step in, I remembered something someone---that one person who’s afraid of thunderstorms and all sorts of explosion-like sounds.

I abruptly raised my head to look at the other side of the road.

 

 

 

“Seohyun!” I yelled, but nothing happened. Obviously, she won’t really hear me because one---I’m on the other side of the road. Two---with all the noises the heavens are creating right now, every word will be inaudible. And third---there’s already someone by her side, protecting her.

I sighed. I don’t know if it was because I was relieved that someone came for my best friend, or if it was disappointment because I let Seohyun down again. I don’t know which was it, but I sighed nevertheless.

I’ve finally decided to enter my car.

And we drove off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

Seohyun’s POV

Taeyeon chose her again. Taeyeon decided to go to her... again. Why am I always the one being left behind? Ever since she met that girl I became the third wheel. God... why is my life like this? It started all the way back in college, when it was raining so hard and Taeyeon and I was about to cross the road to where our car was parked but then, she saw Tiffany standing by a waiting shed, waiting for her chauffeur. Taeyeon ran to her immediately that day, and obliviously left me standing in the rain. I didn’t bring my umbrella that day because I’m too lazy to do so. And besides, I’m not really fond of bringing umbrellas with me. I feel inconvenient.

But even though that’s the case, there’s still this one person who always saves me from the rain, she saved me that day, and I’m thankful she’s there. I don’t exactly know how she does it, but like a psychic with unexplainable telepathy, she always comes on the right time.

Like now...

 

 

 

 

 

“Where do you think you’re going?” Just before the raindrops could even damp my clothes and my body wet, she was already here, standing in front of me, an umbrella in hand. I almost felt like this was a drama. You know, Love Rain? Ever heard of it? But then, THIS situation was different.

I’m really grateful I have her by my side. She’s one of the people who was always there for me through thick and thin, almost like Taeyeon. And I thank God she was here with me right now. “Yoona...” I trailed as I threw my arms around her neck and embraced her with all my might, like tomorrow would never come. “You came...” I continued. “Yes. I’m here.” I felt her free hand caress the small of my back. If she wasn’t close to me, I would have pushed her off of me the moment she did what she did, because I felt like the lightning from the sky came straight into my spine.

The roars of thunder came thumping on my ears after a while. I flinched so many times I lost count. It was a good thing Yoona was there to hold me, or else, I would’ve fainted already. I tightened my hug on her and she did the same to me. I think we hugged for a while because now I’m seeing Taeyeon looking at me on the other side of the road.

I heard my name come out from .

“Seohyun!”

I looked away from her so she wouldn’t think I was ignoring her. From the corner of my eyes, I can still sense her standing there and just looking at me, at us.

I don’t know if it was because of Yoona and I hugging like our lives depended on it, that she seemed dejected, or was it because she felt guilty because she neglected me for the girl of her dreams... again...

I don’t know. And I don’t think I have to know.

I finally looked back and see her enter her car. Moments later, the Audi sped off. And that was the time I decided to let go of Yoona. “I’m sorry. I must’ve choked you.” I giggled bitterly. “No. I liked it, honestly.” She flashed her alligator smile at me---to which never fails to make me forget about everything and smile back heartily. She suddenly grabbed my hand and led me to her Land Rover Evoque. Once we were both inside, I started speaking again. “Thanks.” “For what?” she stepped on the acceleration pedal, and the car started to move. “For always rescuing me.” I saw her little smile. “You’re welcome, Princess.” I felt my lips slowly curve into a smile again once I heard her new pet name for me.

 

 

 

“Do you remember the very first time I saved you from the rain?” She started again. “Yeah. It was the first time we met.” I heard her laugh after my answer. And it was so cute. “I came in the right time.” I turned my head to take a look at her. She’s so beautiful, and I won’t deny it. “You did, and I’m thankful for that day.” She glanced at me for a nano second. “Me too. Thankful, I mean.” “You’re my knight in shining armor.” I told her. Well... she really is. I mean, come on, she saved me countless times. I see her face slightly changed in expression. “If I’m your knight, then... who’s your prince?” Oh, I see why she suddenly changed. She sort of didn’t like being my knight because...

“Taeyeon?”

I looked away from her and stared out the windshield instead.

“Yes. Well... maybe?” I wasn’t sure why I was hesitating on my answer when I already know she knows very well to whom my heart beats for. “I see.” Was the only response she gave me. I shot a glance at her side. I sighed. Once. Twice. Thrice.

I’m not supposed to feel this way. We only have one heart and thus, we can only love one person. But... why does mine seemed to beat for two? Is this right? I wasn’t like this before... not until Yoona came into my life. I got more and more confused each day about my feelings for these certain people ever since.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I love you.”

Yoona’s confession from our graduation party came ringing back on my ears.

---

THANK YOU so much for the love you've all given me and this story! ^^ I'm so flattered because it's only been chapter one but there's about 55 subs already :"""""""> So THANK YOU so so so much~ :DD

Oh, and if there's any questions about some terminologies included here, you can PM me :))

Once again, THANK YOU. And see you all soon~ <3