Frozen

Yours Truly: 60 Seconds

The snow glows white on the mountain tonight

Not a footprint to be seen
A kingdom of isolation,
And it looks like I’m the queen.

The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside
Couldn’t keep it in, heaven knows I tried

Don’t let them in, don’t let them see
Be the good girl you always have to be
Conceal, don’t feel, don’t let them know
Well, now they know...

I took careful steps forward until I finally set my foot feet beneath the icy ground standing still right below me. I didn’t think the cold howling wind of winter could feel this... warm against my porcelain skin. It’s insane, I know. But this is how I feel right at this moment. I look around, hoping to find someone something interesting. Wait a minute... I’m alone. I’m literally alone in this place. No animals, no people, no trees, no... there’s not a single living organism around here.

Where am I?

Let it go, let it go
Can’t hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door

I don’t care
What they’re going to say
Let the storm rage on,
The cold never bothered me anyway

My eyes suddenly caught a mysterious figure standing metres away from where I currently stood, her back facing me. I blink. Once. Twice. Thrice. What do you call the fourth time? Ugh. Nevermind. I blinked my eyes many times, I couldn’t even count. I put my best foot forward, then, my other foot, and it repeats again and again until I finally stood inches from this weird figure. I reached out to touch her, but suddenly, she started running away.

“Wait!”

I yelled. I followed the mysterious girl.

The mysterious girl with long brown locks that swayed left and right as she ran away... from me. The girl with a pale-white skin complexion almost similar with mine. We’re almost the same height, I think. She wore a white, above the knee dress.

What the? Who would wear a dress in this extremely cold weather anyways? I mean, come on! I’m wearing a black trench coat over a green sweater over a black t-shirt over a sleeveless shirt, and add my extra thick leather pants on the lower part. Jesus! Is this woman crazy or just plain stupid!

“Hey! I said, wait!”

It’s funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can’t get to me at all

It’s time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I’m free

Let it go---

Let’s go! Mwol geokjeonghaneunde neon?
Dwaetgo mwoga tto duryeounde?
Jaego tto jaeda neujeobeoryeo
Oh oh ooh woh.. oh oh ooh woh

 

 

 

 

 

“What the actual ??!”

I fluttered my eyes open the moment the blaring music burst into my eardrums. I threw the pillow that was in my hold earlier, as I groan in frustration. God damn the person who just awakened the sleeping lion in the den. I stared up the high ceiling of my room. Wait a minute. Since when did I actually got into my room? As far as I can remember, I was doing something in the study last night and fell asleep... THERE. How---wait. I think I know why...

I sprang out of bed, fixed it a little bit, slipped my feet into my ddukkong slippers, and went downstairs. The blaring music got even louder as I descend with heavy steps.

Deo dangdanghage neon Mr. Mr. (Nal bwa)
Mr. Mr. (Geurae baro neo neo neo)
Nal gaseum ttwige han Mr. Mr. (Choegoui namja)
Mr. Mr. (Geuge baro neo)

I cringed at the loud music that’s about to rip my eardrums to bits. Seriously speaking, who the hell has the littlest sanity to even think of flipping the house down with loud music right in the morning?? Ugh! My head hurts.

“Aish!”

I’ve finally set down my feet on the granite flooring of the house’s ground floor. I ruffled my hair in annoyance to the ear-cracking lovely music. A house staff greeted me as soon as I approached the wooden double doors that lead to the kitchen.

“Good morning, Ms. Kim.”

The staff mouthed as she bowed onto a ninety degree angle, and smiled as she mopped the floor here and there. I smiled back and said a simple “Good morning” before finally letting myself into one of the insanely enormous parts of this fairly enormous house. I was greeted by two figures who’s backs are facing me. The one standing by the stove is a tan skinned kid, and the other one by the sink is the pale-white skinned kid. I looked back and forth at them before I let the words stumble out from my mouth.

“Hey!”

I yelled. This music is getting louder, it seems. They both finally turned to face me. I saw their mouths move by the words of “Hey, Tae” I can’t hear them. Am I becoming deaf? Wait. I didn’t hear the staff earlier too. Oh My God. This isn’t happening. I widened my eyes. I’m seeing pale-white getting closer to me as she held a mixing bowl in her left hand, and a whisk in her right.

“You okay?” she mouthed.

I came back to my senses. “Could you keep it down??” I yelled once again, and she flinched a little as I did so. “Keep down what?” she said. It’s really a good thing I’m an expert in lip reading. What? Is she acting all innocent all of a sudden? I saw her raise an eyebrow, waiting for my response. I saw her twin approaching us. She looked at me with her confused face, then, she whispered something to her white version afterwards. What are these two up to?

White version reached out her now free hand right beside my ear. She unplugged something as she let out her mesmerizing angelic laugh.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You’re wearing your earphones again, .”

I froze. “What?!” I exclaimed as I raise my left hand to my left ear, grabbing the other said material in the process. My hearing became clear. I looked at the earphone that’s still in my hold. “Oh...” was all the word there is left of me. I looked at the twins... who were slowly getting back on their business as they laughed heartily at my situation, their shoulders going up and down as they did. God damn it, these twins.... tss...

I face-palmed. Good work, Kim Taeyeon. You’ve just embarrassed yourself again. I didn’t know I could be stupid sometimes. Well... most of the time. “Okay... STOP IT! I’m stupid, I know!” I said to them as I let myself closer to the two door built-in refrigerator in the room. As I was grabbing the carton of milk, I started laughing at myself. I hear the twins started laughing again. “God... I can’t believe myself...” I muttered before I gulped the carton’s white content.

 

 

 

SMACK.

 

 

 

A small amount of milk spilled from my mouth.

“Yah! How many times have I told you not to drink from the container?? Gosh, Tae, you just don’t listen...” I heard my best friend scold me again. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand as I closed the carton’s lid, and slipped the container back into the fridge. I spun around and threw my arms around her waist. She stumbled a little to the side. I heard a chuckle. I rested my chin above her shoulder as I watch her carefully place our breakfast on the plates. Don’t get us wrong, okay? We’re just usually THIS close. We don’t mind intimate moments such as this.

 

 

 

“Hey, YulSeo! I got the---“

The three of us looked up at the person who had just interrupted the moment in the kitchen. “Jess, what are you doing here?” I asked. I saw her winner mischievous grin when she saw our position. “Why? I can’t see my girlfriend?” she said as a matter of fact. Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that part, though. “See your girlfriend, or see me?” I spat back. I slowly turned my head to see Yuri’s reaction, and as I expected, she had her fiery glare with the ‘I’ll-rip-your-body-in-half’ written along with it. I smiled inwardly. It’s always fun to tease this kid. I hid my face on Seohyun’s neck, inhaling her intoxicating smell in the process. Hmm... she smells so good... as always... wait. Why am I having erted thoughts about my best friend again?? Ugh! “Joohyun, your twin wants to kill me again~” I said with my irritating cute voice. I suddenly feel a hand pushing my head away from this intoxicating, soft spot. “And I’m going to kill you if you continue doing this.” Seohyun warned as she removed my arms around her waist. I pouted after.

“What time are you going to the site?” I heard Jessica ask her girlfriend as they both fed each other. Yuck! I pretended to puke at the sight happening right before me. “Would you two get a room??” Seohyun said as she grabbed her plate and proceeded to the dining room. I followed her almost immediately, a plate of food in my hand also.

“What time are we needed at the site?” I sort of repeated Jessica’s question as I sat beside Seohyun on the dining table. I saw Yuri and Jessica settle themselves across us afterwards. “We need to be there by eleven-thirty. Sharp.” She responded with a serious look plastered on her face. “Oh.” Was my only response. We all started munching on our own breakfast.

Wait. I just remembered sumtin...

“How did I get into my room?” My baby was about to answer, until her annoying twin beat her to it. “Yoona carried you on her back.” The ‘black bean coffee’ said. That choding was here last night? “Yoona was here last night?” I spoke my thoughts out as I turned to my best friend sitting right beside me. She plopped another lettuce inside before she answered my question. “Yes.” She swallowed the green vegetable. “She gave me the floor plan you told her to revise. She was supposed to let you see it first, but then, we found you asleep in the study.” “Ah...” I said. “Yeah... and that’s how she ended up carrying you. You know my lovely twin ain’t got the guts to do it.” Yuri added, then, she chuckled afterwards, to which Jessica and I also did. “Yah!” Seohyun held her fork in a striking position. “You twit!” she hissed, to which resulted on both Jessica and Me laughing at the ‘usual’ situation between the twins. “Hey! I’m older than you! Have some respect!” Yuri spat back. I saw Seohyun roll her eyes at her sister’s statement. “Oh please, Yul... you’re only a minute older than me, and it doesn’t make a ing difference!” she stuck out her tongue in the process. “She has a point, sweety~” Jessica butted in, giggling. Yuri abruptly turned her head to her girlfriend. “Hey! You’re supposed to be on my side.” She pouted. Eww! I frowned at the horrible sight. “Sorry, sweetheart, but I’m with your white version whenever it comes to your age issues.” I let out an ahjumma laugh again at her remark. Haha! Poor Yul...

I smiled wholeheartedly.

I guess my life wasn’t that bad after all...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

Starbucks Coffee
SDC Lobby

“One coffee jelly frap please.” I said my order to the cashier person, and handed him my credit card. But as soon as he was about to punch my order, and swipe the card onto the machine, a tall figure suddenly went beside me and leaned at the counter using her hands. “I’ll have a white chocolate mocha.” She said casually. I whipped my head at her direction. I widened my eyes. What is this person doing here?

“Uhh... Ms. Kim, are you---“

“Ah yes, I know her. Add her order in mine.” I cut him off as I knew what he was gonna ask. “Okay.” He said simply. A little later, he handed me a fairly small machine where people punch their credit card’s passwords and the receipt comes out right after. Oh, you know what I mean. After I punched my password and got my receipt, I settled myself down on one of the tables nearby. I saw her take a seat across me. “Sup?” she greeted. “Oh... you know... still alive.” I chuckled at my own answer. “What brings you here?” I asked her. “I miss my Seohyun.” She said in a mocking tone. She grinned. “Oh come on, Sooyoung... since when did my best friend became yours?” she just shrugged my question off. “Speaking of that little devil... it’s a new that she’s not here with you. Have you guys fought?” I scoffed. “Just because we’re not together, it doesn’t mean we fought. She’s just busy, so I didn’t bother tagging her along.” I said truthfully. Yes, Seohyun’s so busy right now. Being the CEO of one of the most well-known companies in Korea wasn’t really a refreshing thought. “Okay.” Was her only answer.

“Ms. Kim! Your order’s up!” The cashier boy called. “I’ll get it.” I stood up even before Sooyoung could react. I came back at our table with our orders in my two hands. I handed Sooyoung hers. “So... you still haven’t answered my question... in an honest way. What brings you here?” I sipped on my coffee, whilst Sooyoung was busy lightly shaking her coffee. “Dad wants me to provoke her.” She said in a serious tone. Tss! I knew this was coming. But I never knew THIS girl’s father was very persistent on taking the Seo’s down in the most immature way. “I’m getting worn out that I want to quit so badly!” she exclaimed. She started drinking her coffee now. I put my coffee down on the table. “If you’re so worn out, then why are you still obeying your father? You can just say no, and tell him you can’t take it anymore.” She gave me a blank look. She paused on drinking. “If I do that, even before my mother can pull out a kitchen knife and stab me in the heart, my dad would beat her to it with a revolver in his hand, the weapon pointed to my skull as he pulls the trigger with his face replaced with satan’s.” she brought the white paper cup to her lips again, as I sipped my coffee. She was right. If she did what I just said, then, it will be World War Z chaos on the Choi family’s side. “Well, somehow, you have a point.”

Silence fell among the two of us after my last sentence. I guess she was thinking about how to retreat from the war without getting shot. Somehow... I wanted to help her. But... how... that’s what I don’t know.

I saw her stand on her feet. “I’ll get going. Wanna go together?” she offered. I thought for a while. Can I? “Nah~ You know even before us two could even get to Seohyun’s office, she would have thrown her marble office table right at us already.” I smiled at her as I mocked her sentence earlier. “I don’t wanna get hit.” I added. Sooyoung giggled. “Okay, okay. I get it. See you, then?” I nodded. I watched as she disappear from my sight. Like I said, Sooyoung’s not that bad, even though she could be a complete when it comes to this business. But then again, as a person, she’s good. She’s alright. I smiled at my thoughts one last time before I finished up my coffee jelly. It’s been a while since I’ve had coffee jelly. It’s so refreshing.

After I enjoy my coffee, I decided that it’s time to go back upstairs. I glanced at my signature wrist watch.

2:30 it said.

Holy mother of cow’s! The board meeting’s starting in thirty minutes! ! I can’t believe I forgot! I literally flicked my own forehead for being stupid---the only trait that haven’t changed within me. I pressed the ‘up’ button on the elevator, the same time I heard my phone ring. I fished out my iphone from the pocket of my pants.

 

 

 

Incoming Call:
Ppanyang~

 

 

 

For a minute there, I felt butterflies slowly crowding my stomach. I pressed the ‘answer’ button, and right then, the elevator finally came to a halt.

DING~

“Good afternoon, Ms. Kim.” The elevator boy greeted me cheerfully. I slightly bowed. A little much later, the employees getting inside the elevator started greeting me as well. I just let out my most genuine smile at them.

“Hey, Fany-ah~” I greeted the girl on the other line. “Hey, TaeTae~!” and there goes her irritating adorable aegyo voice which I hated love the most. If I wasn’t aware enough of how my face looks right now---smiling like an idiot inside the elevator, yes? Then, I would most probably look like a maniac. But honestly speaking, I don’t and won’t really care about it. “So... what are you doing right now?” “Oh, you know... me and Jessi are still having major preparations for the fashion show this coming Saturday. It’s stressful, ya know~!” she whined at her last sentence, to which resulted on me giggling at her. But I stopped immediately. I remembered that I was still in the elevator. “Yeah. I know exactly how you feel.” I consoled her. “Hey, you guys are coming, right?” she asked. I chuckled slightly. “Of course. We wouldn’t miss it for the world.” “Good.” Was her only answer. I hear her giggle at her own answer. “Aww... you’re too sweet.” She said in her usually y husky voice, which never failed to make my visions blur. Aish! This girl will seriously be the end of me! >.<

DING~

I heard the elevator halt to a stop.

38th Floor. Mr. elevator man said.

I’m already here.

I got out the elevator, along with some employees. “Hey, you’re doing something today?” I heard her voice again after seconds of silence. “Yeah. We’re having a board meeting at three o’clock. Why?” I took a sharp turn to the right. The employees at the information desk greeted me as soon I came to their view. I just waved and smiled at them. “Oh. Is that so? Then, I should be going.” I heard shuffling from the other party. I guess she was working while I was talking to her. “What time’s your off?” I asked her as I enter my office. “I’ll be getting off by eight.” “Okay, wait a sec. Don’t hang up.” I told her. I temporarily put down my phone on my table as I was instructing my secretary to do this and that. “... oh, and bring this too.” I said last as I handed her my laptop. I picked up my phone, and went out. “Where were we?” “My off time.” She chuckled. “Oh. Do you want me to fetch you?” I halted my footsteps right in front of the conference hall. “No need, Tae. Nick and I are doing something tonight.” I frowned at the name mentioned. “You’ll be having it already?” I still joked. “What? No! Stupid!” I hear her laugh. And later did I know, I was smiling again. “Stop having erted thoughts. Jesus! Tae...” she laughed again, and I was about to but kept it in. I don’t wanna be scandalous. “We’ll be having a family dinner tonight, so, he’ll be the one to fetch me.” her voice returned to her usual tone. I leaned against a nearby wall as I watch people coming in and out of the conference hall with hurried steps. It was not a new. It was always like this whenever we had board meetings. “Okay.” Was the only answer I told her. “Sorry, Tae... I promise I’ll make it up to you.” I can imagine her letting out her award-winning eye-smile. “It’s okay. Don’t worry.” I reassured her. The door near my side went slightly ajar, giving me access to take a peek at what’s happening inside. I can see my best friend from here, and she seemed... in panic... looking for someone. LOL she’s probably looking for me. “Hey, TaeTae, I gotta go, and I bet, you too.” “Yeah...” I nodded as if she could see me. “Okay. I’ll see you soon. I love you~” and right at that moment, my world and my heart seemed to stop. I don’t know why this always happens to me whenever Tiffany says those ‘magical three words’ when I clearly know it doesn’t mean anything more than just a friend. “Tae, you still there?” The Earth started rotating on its axis again, and my heart started beating normally again. “Uhh... y-yeah... see you. I love you too.” I said. And when I say ‘I Love You’ I mean it... more than what she thinks. “Bye.” “Bye.” We said last. She hung up first. I lowered my phone, and set it on silent mode. I put it back inside my pocket.

 

 

 

“Where is Kim Taeyeon?!”

I flinched a little as soon as I heard my baby’s roaring voice from over here. Oh damn... she’s REALLY mad now. I covered my mouth with my hand as I stifle my laugh so hard. Oh, you don’t know how terrifying and fun it is to watch that hoe in angry mode. But then, as I was busy keeping in my laughter, I didn’t notice Seohyun was already standing by the double doors of the conference room, her both hands at her waist. She looked at me sternly. I composed myself, and cleared my throat. “You were looking for me?” I teased. She got more mad, I supposed. Her ears turned into the shade of red all of a sudden. “YAH! WHERE HAVE Y---hmmmp.” I covered with my left hand even before she could scold me and yell at me in the hallway. “Meeting’s starting in ten. Let’s get inside, Ms. President.” I mocked as I drag her inside the hall with me. She was protesting, but unfortunately for her, I still had my hand over .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

SDC Conference Hall

The board meeting occured longer than I’ve expected. Well, actually, it wouldn’t take so long if only Sooyoung wasn’t there to start a debate session with Seohyun. Tsk. If you only saw what happened earlier... it was like World War 5 in here.

Flashback

“... No, Engineer Choi Sooyoung. That’s not going to happen, because I will not let that happen.” Seohyun said in a calm tone, with her poker face and professional posture. They were now talking about the ‘what ifs’. Obviously, Sooyoung managed to bring up the topic of ‘What if you fail to finish the project within the time given, as written in the contract?’ So, because of that, this situation is existing right now.

Oh, and if you may know, normally, Sooyoung’s not really supposed to be here in this meeting because she wasn’t invited. But if you may also know, since she’s ‘Choi Sooyoung’---CEO of Choi Development Corporation, she’s allowed to be here anytime she desires even if the company is in rival with SDC. Yes. It sounds crazy, I would know. But it’s the golden rule of development companies. Don’t ask me about the rule, I’m not really into memorizing rules. Just... you probably get what I mean, right? Yeah... so... moving on.

“How are you so sure? You’ve failed a project before, right? And that project was later given to us, and we succeeded. Do you remember, Engineer Seo?” Oh no. Bestie’s mad. I saw her clenching her fist into a ball just now. I looked back and forth at Sooyoung and Seohyun first before I turned to Yuri, who was sitting one seat apart on my right. “Yul, do something!” I whispered loud enough for her to hear. She looked sideways at me before she shook her head. “No. Trust her. She can do this.” She whispered back.

“Yes. We have. And I admit the mistakes. But you know, Engineer Choi, we've gotten a whole lot better. You should watch out.” Seohyun spat back in her ‘mess-with-me-you’re-dead’ tone of voice. She let out a half smirk, half smile. I grinned at her remark. Yeah... Yul was right, I should trust her. I saw most of the board directors, and other ‘almighty’ people grin at the Choi-Seo second argument of the day. And as expected of Choi Sooyoung, instead of getting provoked and shoot back at the target, she had a wide grin plastered on her face.

And right at that moment, I finally confirmed something.

She really likes Seohyun.

 

 

 

 

 

End of Flashback

And so many arguments happened before and after that, but I’m too lazy to story-tell, so deal with it :P

So, yeah, back to the present happenings. Seohyun, Yuri, and I, and the team leaders of each department were the only ones left inside the conference hall. “... Nobody better screw up. You saw how Choi Sooyoung underestimated us earlier. We should show them what we’re capable of.” Yuri announced. “It’s not like we’re taking revenge, okay? It’s not like that. We’re just showing them what we can do, and beyond their expectations. Do you get me?” “Yes, ma’am.” All of them nodded at us. “Turn in your reports and your plans ahead of time so we could still revise it if ever there are mistakes, okay?” I said as we, authorities, started standing up one by one. “I’ll hold a meeting after everything’s settled, and by then... I need the plans within a span of three months.” All of us were stunned. And I think I just heard gasps. “Seo---Sajangnim, don’t you think it’s a little short? We’re building a hundred storey hotel. Three months won’t make it.” I said to her in almost a whisper, but didn’t came unheard to the people around us. In the corner of my eyes, everyone was nodding. Seohyun played her pen with her fingers---a habit she learnt from me. She heaved a sigh. “Okay, okay. Six months. How’s that?” she turned to see my and Yuri’s reaction, probably waiting for an approval. I smiled and gave her a pat on the shoulder. “Okay! So it’s settled, then?” “Yes, ma’am.”

“So... let’s call it a day?” all of us nodded in unison. “Thank you, everyone. You may now go back to your unattended businesses. Chop chop!” Seohyun instructed last. And with that, everyone started dispersing from the room, one by one. Me, Yuri, Yoona, and Seohyun were the ones who left the hall last.

“Hyunnie...” I heard Yoona call out in a whisper. She and Seohyun were walking ahead of Yuri and I, but the distance was still close. “Hmm?” Seohyun hummed in response. “Are you doing something tonight?” The choding asked. “I think I know where this is going...” Yuri whispered to me, and I can’t help but to agree. “I know, right?” we both chuckled. We heard Seohyun speak. “I’m still having the finishing touches on the plan for Mr. and Mrs. Park’s residential home.” Robot girl checked her watch. “But I can do it tomorrow.” She smiled at Yoona. “Really?” Yoona had a stupid grin plastered on her face. Me and Yuri were looking back and forth at the two as they were having their conversation. Then, suddenly, I felt a light pinch on my elbow. I whipped my head towards Yuri’s direction. “I still have to finish up things. I’ll go ahead.” I nodded, and she went on her way. And that’s the moment I realized, Yoona was no longer with Seohyun. What? I didn’t even heard her say goodbye. Or... nevermind.

Seohyun entered her office, and I was about to follow suit, but a tall figure beat me to it. I just stood by the door. “Hey, beautiful~” Sooyoung. Tsk... tsk... tsk... I shook my head. This girl’s really looking for trouble. “Get out of my office, Choi.” Seohyun said as calmly as possible, though, her now strawberry-coloured face showed otherwise. Look. I know what I’m doing right now is totally wrong, but I can’t help it. I don’t know why, but I always find Sooyoung and Seohyun’s argument so amusing. And of course, I wanna be here just in case something bad happens. “Hey, chill.” I heard Sooyoung giggle. “Hey, boss---“ I immediately covered Yoona’s big mouth before she could even get louder. “Ssh!” I gestured with my finger. Yoona took a little peek inside Seohyun’s office. She removed my hand from . “Hey, Sooyoung’s there.” “I know.” We whispered to each other. “Get out, Sooyoung, or I’ll call up my guards!” yeah... we decided to eavesdrop together. “Even if you call an army, call the FBI, call the US Navy, they won’t be able to touch me. I bet you know that already.” Yoona, who’s in front of me, scoffed. “.” She muttered as she gritted her teeth.

The following remarks literally shocked the hell out the both of us...

 

 

 

“CHOI SOOYOUNG! I said---“

“Go out with me.”

Yoona and I covered our mouths with our own hands in unison. What the is happening to the world? Is it doomsday already? I saw Yoona ready to barge into Seohyun’s office, until I pulled her by the arm, stopping her. “Yoona, don’t.” “Tae, what---“

“What?!” we heard a high pitched voice. Obviously, it came from Seohyun. “Go out with me.” Sooyoung repeated. “It’s the only way to stop my family from doing stupid things to you.” She added. What in the actual is happening? Now, I’m the one who wanted to barge in there. And I don’t even know why... “You’re a jackass, Choi. I’d rather rot in hell than date you. That’s how much I despise you, just so you know.” “Oh, I know.” “Then get the hell out of here!” Seohyun yelled once more. “Alright, I will. However, I’m telling you to prepare yourself for the worst. Until then... I’ll see you around, my love.” Was Sooyoung’s last retort.

Yoona and I both stepped a little back as soon as the smoked glass door in front of us opened, revealing a certain tall figure. “Oh...” she looked from Yoona to me. “Hey, guys.” She greeted uncomfortably, but still composed herself as she dug both of her hands inside her jeans' pockets. With one last smile, she left.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

Oh~ Bamsae! Naneun yaegiwa jeojeun geu nunbit
Seoteuldeon neoui gobaekdo ijen
Bukkeureoun ilgicheoreo~m
Suuuuuuuuuumgyeojigo
Maeil dulmane baegya sok nege mutdeon
Buranhan miraekkaji jeonbu
Annyeong
Really, really good Goodbye~

I sang at the top of my lungs as I drove in my red Audi Spyder R8. Where I’m heading? Hmm... good question. But really... I don’t have the littlest idea where I’m going. I think I’ve been going around in circles for quite some time now. LOL. Aigoo... this is what I get from being such a homey sometimes.

I stepped on the break, and the car halted to a stop. I grabbed my phone that was resting on the passenger's seat, and rummaged through my contacts. Seriously, I need someone with me right now, because if not, I think I’m gonna be crazy.

 

 

 

KkabYul

No. She and Jessica are probably busy having fun at some club right now. I should know because they tried to persuade me to go with them earlier, to which, obviously, I declined. I’m not in the mood to go clubbing.

 

 

 

Sica

Ppanyang

No. I remembered her family and Nikon’s family have a dinner tonight. Curse Nikon and his untimed presence! -_- If I could just knee him for those reasons, I would’ve done it way back, and right now.

 

 

 

YoonAlli

No. She and my best friend are out on a date at this time. That reminds me... I should’ve been with them. I mean, Seohyun always brings me with her wherever she goes... well... except in the bathroom---to which I’m looking forward to. Aish! Me and my erted thoughts... seriously... tsk...

 

 

 

HyoDing

Hmm... is this girl free? Let’s see...

I dialled her number. I was tapping my index finger on the steering wheel as I waited for her answer. “Come on, Hyo... pick up...” I mumbled to myself. After a few moments, I was about to hang up, when suddenly, the ringing sound ended, and a loud voice followed afterwards. “Ayo, Tae! Wazzup, motha a?” she laughed at her own way of greeting me. I chuckled at her. “Hey, sloth!” I greeted back. “So? Why’d you call?” I heard a shuffling of papers from her side of the line. “Are you doing something?” I asked the obvious. “Hmm... just writing some lyrics.” Haven’t I mentioned she’s sort of a song writer too? “New single?” she has been writing singles these past few months, and records it in her studio. I must say... she’s a good singer. She definitely has potentials to be a singer. “Yup. I’m just getting ready for next year.” “Give us credits.” I laughed. “Tss! It’s not even finished yet, you son of a gun!” she joked. I continued to laugh.

Hyoyeon decided to have her own entertainment, oddly realizing the fact that a lot of her students in her dance studio slash academy, were taking dance lessons so that they could train to become an idol. And THIS was the project we’ve all been busy working on these past few months. “Wait. Why did you ask anyways?” “I’m lonely...” I pouted, as if she could see me. “Why? You and your little devil fought?” I heard a slight giggle... and a tiny bark on the background. “What? No. Just because I’m alone right now, it doesn’t mean we fought. Why are you suddenly being Sooyoung?” I felt like I’m having a deja vu. “What does your question has to do with that horse?” she said in an irritated tone. I smirked at her ‘I-HATE-Sooyoung-tone’. “Ooh~ Horse, eh? You really like giving names to your crush, huh?” I teased. “What?! Eww! Yuck! Look, dickhead, just answer my question!” “Answer mine first.” I stuck out my tongue. I heard a groan afterwards. “Okay. First of all, that horse is NOT my crush---“ “Like I’ll believe THAT.” I scoffed at her denial. “You’ve been crushing on Lucifer for as long as I could remember.” “Yah! How would you know?” I smirked at her question. “Seohyun tells me everything.” Yeah, that squirt tells me everything. There are NO secrets between us. “Aish! That brat!” I heard Hyoyeon curse from the other line. I was about to again until an LED light bulb suddenly flickered inside my brain and I remembered my purpose for calling this biatch. “Hey, Hyo, let’s go somewhere.” “What? Like a date? You’re so gross~!” I heard her pretentious puking. “Eww! No! Look. Like I’ve said earlier, I’m lonely. I need someone to HANG OUT with me.” I emphasized the word ‘hang out’, mocking her in the process. “Are you in?” I heard another shuffling from her side. I guess she was rummaging through her armoire now. “I’ll be dressed quick.” “Sure.” I was about to press the ‘end call’ button, when I suddenly heard her voice again. “Wait. You still remember the way to my house?” Bull. It’s been a while since I’ve been to Hyoyeon’s house, and I don’t know if the memory card in my brain still have it. “Uhh... y-yeah... sort of...” she sighed. “You forgot, didn’t you?” I laughed nervously. “I’ll just ask Joohyun. Don’t worry, I’ll get there before you even know it.” I said the safest answer. “Yeah, yeah. See ya.” I just hummed as a response and finally ended the call. I threw my phone back to the passenger’s seat. I shifted the gear and stepped onto the acceleration pedal.

I drove off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After about ten minutes of driving, I stopped again. Oh, you know... traffic light. I grabbed my phone from the passenger’s seat once again. I dialled my best friend’s number as I plug my bluetooth ear piece into my right ear. I threw my phone back on the leather seat again.

RING~

She’s not answering. Maybe she’s still busy with Yoona. Yeah... maybe that’s the case. I was about to get my phone again, when I heard her voice. “Taeng~” she said in a tune of a song. Oh please... don’t ask me about the song. “Am I interrupting something?” I heard the sound of an engine being ignited. “No. I’m on my way home.” “What? Why so early?” I said, completely stunned. I thought she said she’ll be home by midnight? It’s only ten o’clock in the evening. “There’s something urgent that Yoona has to attend to so she’s gone ahead.” Oh... should I go back, then? Nah~ It’ll be boring if we just stay in the house and wait for her black version to come home. “Wanna come with me and Hyo?” I invited. “Where’re you guys headed?” she asked. It’s settled, she’s gonna come. “I don’t know. Wherever this car takes us, I guess?” She giggled at my answer. “Sure, count me in.” “Sweet.” I smiled. See what I mean?

“But wait. Haven’t you brought your car?” I asked the obvious. “I’ll just call Chauffeur Lee to get the car.” I can imagine her winking as she talked, as if I could see it. “You brat...” I muttered, a smile still plastered on my face. I don’t exactly know why, but everytime I talk to Seohyun or Tiffany, I always find myself smiling like it’s the most wonderful thing in the world. Well... it’s sort of is, but... you get what I mean. “Where are you at anyways?” “Hongdae.” She said. “Hongdae? Isn’t that near---“ “Hyoyeon’s house. Yes.” Hmm... I guess it won’t be a hassle anymore. “Okay. Wait for me there.” she hummed as a response, I can totally imagine her nodding as she did so.

She hung up first.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

Seohyun’s POV

I got out from my metallic grey Aston Martin Vanquish as I started dialling my house’s phone number. After a few minutes, someone finally answered. “Joohyun, what can I do for you?” It was Butler Cha who answered---our loyal butler who’s like our father. “Butler Cha, can you send Chauffeur Lee to drive my car back there? Taeyeon and I are going somewhere, and she brought her car with her.” I stated politely. It was almost like I was talking to my real father. “Of course, Joohyun. Right away.” “Okay. Thanks. I’m in Hongdae, by the way, in front of Yoona’s Bar. You know that, right?” “Yes. Chauffeur Lee will be there in a few.” I nodded. “Alright. I’ll hang up now.” I didn’t wait for his response, and quickly pressed the ‘end call’ button. I stuffed my phone back in my back pocket.

I opened my car door, on the driver’s side, and reached in to grab the pack of cigarette lying inside the compartment by the passenger’s side. Yeah, I smoke, but only occasionally. It’s my only stress reliever. I pulled one stick, and I reached for my keroro lighter in my pocket. I lit the poisonous stick. It’s weird, but feels good.

 

 

 

“Hey, that’s bad.”

I convulsed as I heard a husky voice, and a light slap on my buttocks came after. I turned to the culprit. And right there, a very familiar girl stood, her winning eye-smile showing. I think I dozed off for a nano second because I’m currently seeing her flicking her finger right in front of my face. I finally woke up from my trance. “You okay?” she chuckled a little. I pulled the cigarette away from my mouth with the use of my pointing and middle finger. I turned my head sideways as I let the smoke vanish into thin air. I faced her again. “What are you doing here, Tiff?” I asked. I saw her shrug. “Nichkhun was supposed to drop me off at my apartment, but since I saw you here, I decided to... kill time, I guess?” She explained as she rested her back comfortably onto the side of my car. “Are you sure it’s time you’re going to kill, not me?” I joked. She chuckled once again at my statement. “You’re just as silly as your best friend, aren’t you?” she turned to look at me, to which I reciprocated. We stared at each other for like a second, before I let out a hearty laugh. I brought the cigarette unto my mouth again, and inhaled the intoxicating aroma of nicotine. “Being together for like forever didn’t go to waste, I guess?” I spoke as I exhaled again. I copied Tiffany’s position on my car, so now, we’re standing side by side. She playfully slapped me in the arm a little later. “Hey, you said you’d stop smoking.” And here we go again. You know, sometimes I think Tiffany and Taeyeon are really meant for each other... because they’re both so annoying. “Did I?” Tiffany chuckled. “Yes. You did. And if I’m not mistaken... it was yesterday.” We both chuckled this time. Yeah, she’s right. I definitely DID tell them I’d stop smoking yesterday when us, friends, ate at some restaurant, and the topic of ‘Seohyun-the-only-health-freak-smoker’ came about. But I remembered...

“It had a condition.” I said as I inhaled nicotine for the last time. I exhaled the smoke afterwards, and threw the now small stick of cigarette in the trash bin nearby.

Silence engulfed the two of us when I said what I just said. I heard Fany’s heavy sigh before she responded to me. “Seo... you know I can’t do that. At least... not now.” she said, almost as quiet as the night. “Why?” I turned to her. It’s kinda funny. You know why? Because of all the people I should have secrets with, Tiffany was the chosen one for me to be secretive with. I don’t have the littlest ing idea why. “Hwang Miyoung, stop being a coward!” I hissed at the volume only the two of us could hear. With the blaring sounds here and there, no one’s really going to comprehend what we’re talking about. I saw Tiffany scratch her forehead---a weird habit of hers when she’s annoyed or pissed. “Look. I just... I’m just waiting for the right timing, okay?” was the last thing she told me. Because apparently, someone’s already standing before us.

 

 

 

 

 

End of Seohyun’s POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Fany, Hyun... you two... what---“

“We were just talking about things.”

For a moment there, my heart literally stopped. I didn’t expect Tiffany was going to be here, she said she has a family dinner to attend to, and so I never expected. But now, seeing her with my bff, I’m stunned, greatly astonished at the two figures standing right in front of me.

“What things.” I blurted as soon as I came back to my senses. “Just... things...” I frowned at Seohyun’s answer. Seriously... this girl is one hell of a bad liar sometimes. “Trust me, you never wanna know what we were talking about.” Gorilla said once again, at the same time she and Tiffany shot a sideway glance at each other. Hmm... something’s fishy... but I greatly doubt they would tell me about it. I glared at both of them as soon as they both turned their attentions back to me. “Oh, so now, you two are keeping secrets from me?” I said in my fake intimidating tone as I crossed my arms over my chest. Tiffany waved a hand at me. “No, no, no... TaeTae, it’s not like that. It’s just... maybe it isn’t important that you should know.” And there goes her sweet, soft-toned voice, which never fails to swoon me over and over again. I felt my knees wobbling at Tiffany’s voice. God damn it!

I was now smiling like an idiot, but that's only until my gaze suddenly shifted to my best friend. Even though I couldn’t really hear her exhaling heavily from her nose, I can see to it that she DID just exhaled from her nose---another habit of hers when she’s irritated, or something. My idiotic smile dropped oh-so-suddenly. Right... I remembered... Seohyun has an attitude of getting ‘slightly’ pissed off whenever Tiffany calls me with her pet names for me, especially the ‘TaeTae’ one, which she was the ‘maker’ and the original ‘caller’. I started to reach out my hand to her, when she suddenly turned and open her car door. I retracted immediately. What’s she doing?

 

 

 

“Ms. Seo!” Me and Tiffany abruptly turned our heads to the source of the voice. I’m seeing my bestie handing something to the middle-aged man. “Take care of it, and... take care on your way back.” I heard Seohyun said as she patted the man’s back lightly. The man got inside bff’s car. Oh, right. he was her chauffeur. How stupid of me. Hyunnie, Fany, and I stepped a little bit away from Seohyun’s car as we watch it slowly drive off. After the car had finally disappeared from my sight, I turned back to the two other girls standing right behind me. “So... Let’s go?” I offered.

Tiffany walked towards my car first, leaving me and Ms. President behind. “Let’s go~!” I repeated in the tune of her favourite song. She just nodded her head at me, because she was busy lighting her cigarette away. I watched her until she successfully lit the material, and snatched it immediately away from ... to only plop it onto mine. I started running for my dear life.

 

 

 

 

 

“YAH! AHJUMMTAENG!”

I can hear her endless shouts, and her footsteps along with it.

---

I'm so sorry for keeping you waiting *bows 90 degrees*

I hope chap 1 makes up for it :))

THANK YOU for the UPVOTES, COMMENTS, and of course, SUBS even though it was only a foreword I posted then.

I LOVE YOU Guys sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much <3 <3 <3

 

Again, til mah next update~ :))

 

 

 

 

 

Yours Truly,

GGisPERFECTION