Bringing Her House Down

Begin Again

*knock knock*

 

*knock knock*

 

"Sir, it's been 15 minutes. I guess Mr. Jung is not here. We can go back tomo--"

 

*knock knock*

 

"Sir, please."

 

"No, Victoria. I need to talk to him right here, right now."

 

It was Baekhyun, together with Victoria, and some men from the construction firm who is in charge of building the resort. They have been in front of Jung's house for 15 minutes and counting, but Baekhyun is too stubborn to accept defeat.

"Sir, we can go back tomorrow. No need to hurry," Victoria insisted. But Baekhyun still kept on knocking on the front door. He was already annoyed, "Mr. Jung, I am Byun Baekhyun from the Byun Group of Companies! I have an important matter to discuss with you!" he was already banging the door.

But still, no answer.

 

Baekhyun was irritated, "Crap."

 

He turned to the men from the construction firm, "Destroy the house."

Victoria and the workers were shocked. They were surprised to hear that from Baekhyun.

"Sir, are you out of your mind? Mr. Jung's not here, we cannot destroy the house just like that! He can accuse us of trespassing and--" Victoria tried stopping him, but he interrupted her.

"Oh Vicky, please. Calm down. He doesn't have the right to charge us, we warned him beforehand," Baekhyun grinned, "Okay, men, work! I wanna see that house crashing down!" he shouted at the construction crew. The man operating the wrecking ball quickly followed, and swung the wrecking ball over the house. The roof came crashing down, and the walls broke into pieces before crumbling down. A man quickly drove a bulldozer through the debris. Victoria's jaw dropped because of the scene. Baekhyun, on the other hand, smile with satisfaction of his work.

"Great, now start cleaning up that mess," Baekhyun said as he went inside a tent near the site.

 

-

"Bye Eunji! Keep safe, see you tomorrow!" Naeun said as she waved her hand at Eunji. They live in neighborhoods opposite from each other, and they need to part ways in an intersection.

"Bye Naeun!" Eunji replied. She started to walk home, carrying some meatballs and rice, which she will cook for dinner. After her mother died when she was in middle school, Eunji has been cooking for her father and herself. And now that her father had passed away, she will now start cooking for herself.

As she passed by the vacant lot of one of her ex-neighbors, Eunji sensed something weird in the place. As she got closer to her house, her heart started beating faster. So she decided to walk faster to ease her nervousness.

 

But what she saw made her heart drop...

 

It was her area, but no house was in sight.

 

Men were running to and fro, bulldozers are everywhere, tents were built on her backyard, and the debris scattered all over happened to be the ruins of a house.

 

...her house.

 

Eunji's mind went out. Her sight went black.

 

"Ah! Someone, help me! A young woman collapsed here! Someone call the medic! She's unconscious!" a worker called out.

___