He's Up To No Good

Begin Again

It was a very beautiful Friday for Byun Baekhyun. He had just arrived from Seoul to Busan, though it is for 'business matters', he still considers it as his vacation. He dropped his bag on the floor, and dragged himself to the bed.

"Ahhh... This is the life," he thought to himself as he felt the soft blanket on his arms.

He was about to fall asleep when someone knocked on the door, "Sir? Sir?!"

"Victoria, come in."

Victoria went inside, carrying a large box full of papers, she looked irritated, "Sir, let me remind you that you're here to manage the construction of the resort," she snapped after putting the box on a table.

"Vicky, just let me rest. Ten minutes," Baekhyun said as he shoved his head on a pillow.

Victoria frowned, "I'm your secretary, I'm not supposed to be your babysitter!"

Baekhyun chuckled. He really enjoyed annoying the serious Victoria Song. She has been with him since he moved to London. Victoria was the one who took over the parental role when he moved far from his family. Though he doesn't show it, Baekhyun has deep respect for her, especially after he discovered that he was the reason why Victoria is still single. She vowed to Mr. and Mrs. Byun that she will not settle down unless Baekhyun takes over the company. Baekhyun treats Victoria like a mother more than his own mother.

 

"I'll leave now, sir. Lunch will be served within 30 minutes," Victoria said before she left.

"Thanks, Vicky," Baekhyun whispered.

 

-

"So sir, after lunch, you need to attend a meeting with the engineers and architects who will work on the construction of the resort. Then, another meeting would be with the local government unit for the contract signing. At 7 p.m. is dinner with Mr. Kwon's family. Mr. Kwon is a major stakeholder in this project," Victoria explained as she read the messages on her phone. Baekhyun was seated on the other side, eating his steak without a care about what she was saying.

"Then tomorrow, you will visit a certain Jung Taewoo. He is the owner of the land which is situated in the middle of the site. Apparently, he doesn't want to leave the place, despite monetary offers."

"Jung Taewoo, eh?" Baekhyun asked as he munched on his food, "What does he want in exchange of his land?"

"He wants nothing sir. He has no plans of selling his land," Victoria sighed.

Baekhyun pushed his plate aside, and stood up, "We'll see about that tomorrow," he smirked, for he was very sure that he can persuade Jung Taewoo to sell them his land. He went to his room to change his clothes.

"I can't wait to meet that Mr. Jung," he thought to himself.

 

-

"Really? Those men in black came back?!" exclaimed Bomi, while she pour hot water on her noodles. She was referring to the men in suit who kept on negotiating with Eunji for her father's land.

"Yeah, I was almost about to stab them to death. Why can't they understand that I have no intention to sell this land?" Eunji said.

"Eunji, you should be more careful! What if they do something bad to you?" Naeun interrupted, "They're desperate to claim your place. They'll get this by hook or by crook!"

"I know, Naeun. Calm down, I can take care of myself," Eunji smiled, "Oh, look at the time. We need to go back to work now."

The three quickly went out of the department store's employee lounge to go back to their places. They work for Bomi's aunt's department store a few kilometers away from Eunji's place. Unbeknownst to the three, someone has arrived at Eunji's house, and he is up to no good...

___