The Beginning

Begin Again

A nurse came out from the room. And a doctor followed her. They approached a girl who sat on the waiting room.

"Are you a relative of the patient?" the doctor asked.

The girl looked up to answer the doctor, her eyes were already swollen because of crying, "Yes doctor, I'm the patient's daughter."

"Name please?" the nurse asked, as she took the pen on her pocket and opened the folder she was holding.

 

"I'm Jung Eunji."

 

"Ms. Jung, ahh..." the doctor was hesitant, "You're father... I'm sorry, but he... he did not make it."

The girl, Eunji, was shocked. Tears formed on her eyes, "What?"

"We did our best, but... but his heart gave up. I'm sorry."

The tears fell on Eunji's face. She sobbed. The nurse tried consoling her, but she still cried her heart out.

 

"You're lying! Dad's not dead!" she was screaming, "This can't be! Dad! Dad, you're not dead!"

 

The doctor could not bear seeing Eunji's reaction, so he left. As he passed by the nurses' station, the news report on the TV caught his attention.

"Everyone's waiting for the return of Mr. Byun Sanghyuk's son, the only heir to the Byun Group of Companies, from his 18-year stay in London to study. Right now, our news team is at the Incheon International Airport to cover the arrival of the plane where Mr. Byun's son is!" the news reporter announced.

At that same time, the plane which the news reporter talked about is about to land at the airport's tarmac.

"Sir, you are asked by your father to visit Mr. Moon first before heading home for tonight," a tall and beautiful lady spoke as she flipped the pages of her planner.

"Why so? Isn't dad excited to see me? I mean, we haven't landed safely yet, but we're talking about meetings right now. Victoria, I need to rest too," the young man protested.

Victoria, the secretary, sighed, "Sir that is an order from your father. You probably don't want him to--"

"Fine, fine. I'll go and visit that Mr. Moon," he replied, as he stretched his arms, "I should have brought him a cake," he laughed at his own low-quality joke.

"Mister Byun Baekhyun!" Victoria called out, her hands on her waist.

"Fine! Can you just calm down?" he pouted... Baekhyun pouted.

___