Lost

Begin Again

"Hmm? Ugh. My head aches like forever... Where am I? What place is this?"

Eunji found herself on a bed, in an unfamiliar room. The sun was shining brightly outside, and the birds were chirping happily by the window, "Where am I?" Eunji kept thinking to herself.

"Ah, you're already awake," Victoria greeted as she entered the room, "We don't know where you live, so we brought you here at the hotel."

Eunji now remembered what happened yesterday, "You..."

 

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY HOUSE?!!?!"

 

She quickly grabbed a pillow and threw it to Victoria, but Victoria was able to dodge it. "You destroyed my house!" Eunji cried.

"Wait, there must be a mistake, miss. That was Jung Taewoo's house," Victoria explained.

"I am Jung Taewoo's daughter!" Eunji replied, angrily. She aimed another pillow at Victoria.

Victoria was surprised. She didn't know Jung Taewoo had a daughter. Now, claiming the land will be more difficult, "Where's Mr. Jung?" she asked.

 

"Dad.." there was a sudden change in Eunji's voice, "Dad died a few weeks ago."

 

"Oh," Victoria was shocked, "I-- I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to--" Victoria tried consoling Eunji, but even before she was able to get near her, someone entered the room.

"But that's not an excuse for us to stop the construction of our resort in your area," the person who entered interrupted the two. It was Baekhyun.

"You..." Eunji whispered, "So you're the son of a b*tch who wants to claim our land!" Eunji shouted as she threw a pillow at Baekhyun, which hit him squarely in the face.

Victoria froze. Eunji fumed in anger. Baekhyun looked stunned.

"Sir Baekhyun, are you okay?" Victoria asked, as she picked up the pillow that hit Baekhyun, on the floor. Eunji stared at the two.

"I'm fine, Vicky. Don't worry," Baekhyun said, as he grabbed the pillow from Victoria and threw it back to Eunji, to which she was able to avoid.

"How dare you throw a pillow at me?!" Baekhyun exclaimed, "Don't you know who I am?!"

"How dare you too!" Eunji shouted back, "I don't know who you are, and I have no plans to do so!" she quickly stood up, grabbed her coat hanging on the bedpost, and walked towards the door.

"Where are you going?!" Baekhyun said as he grabbed her arm.

 

SLAP!

 

Baekhyun held his face. Victoria was shocked.

 

Jung Eunji slapped Byun Baekhyun.

Then she left without saying a word.

 

-

It was a busy morning in Busan. People were rushing to go to school or to work, cars and buses drove to and fro, shops were full of customers.

As others' lives seemed to be normal that day, Jung Eunji was sitting near the entrance of a department store, crying over the series of misfortunes she had for the past few weeks. Her father died, someone is after their land, and right now, her house has been destroyed, including her things inside the house. Her only remaining possessions are the clothes she is wearing and her dignity.

"I hate my life," she thought to herself. She leaned on the glass wall of the store, but an employee went out and shooed her away using a feather duster.

"Get out of here!" the employee said.

The discouraged Eunji followed. She stood up and slowly walked away.

 

She was on her way somewhere, but not back home.

___