Chapter 17

Just One More Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jessica held Soo Jin in her arms as she tries to stop herself from crying. Everyone has been waiting for the doctor to finally come out of the operation room and tell them what happened.

 

When Dr. Lau finally came out, he had the same expression as the other doctor did back in Korea when he announced that Jungkook only has a few more days to live. “We have good news and bad news.”

“Tell us the bad news first.” Jungkook’s father demanded, wanting to know badly about his son’s situation.

Henry nodded his head, “The bad news is: the imposter cut a very important vein which led Jungkook to major blood and stopped his heart.”

The room fell silent, hearing those painful words. “And what’s the good news?” Jessica questioned.

“The good news is: we managed to patch things up so Jungkook is fine now.” He smiled. “Though, he’s still unconscious at the moment.”

 

He’s alive! He’s actually alive!

 

Soo Jin eyes beamed and a smile crossed her face. She was so happy to hear those words coming from him. Jungkook is all fine now.

Her watery eyes are no longer filled with tears anymore. Jungkook’s parents are holding each other’s hands and huge smiles across their faces.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

“Jungkook oppa…” Soo Jin paused to hold his cold, unconscious hands. “Why didn’t you tell me, huh? You should have told me so nothing like this would have happened.”

 

There was no reply. She was still holding his hand since she came into his room, hoping that he would wake up a little sooner.

 

Soo Jin began to hum songs, not wanting the still silence around her. She patiently waited for him to wake up and serenated while doing it.

“Baby, baby, you’re a caramel macchiato

 Your scent is still sweet on my lips

 Baby, baby tonight

 Baby, baby, you were warmer than the scent of a cafe latte

 Do you remember that feeling?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter