Personality Disorder

My Soul To Take

PERSONALITY DISORDER

 

 

Luhan angrily stomped his way out of the‭ ‬seemingly‭ ‬quiet hospital corridors,‭ ‬blindly making his way towards the waiting room.‭ ‬As soon as he pushed the doors open he was tackled into a breathless bear hug‭ ‬and sandwiched between‭ ‬their‭ ‬bodies.‭ ‬He could hear Siwon frantically‭ ‬shouting for them to handle him with care like he was some fragile artifact‭ ‬“BOYS,‭ ‬he may‭ ‬have‭ ‬been injured‭!”

 

“He‭’‬s alive‭!”‬ Jonghyun screeched madly as they tried keeping Luhan out of his father‭’‬s reach.

 

The boys swarmed around him giggling and‭ ‬snickering happily as Siwon continued to have his frantic fits here and there panicking every time he heard an awkward sound from Luhan.

 

‭“‬We were scared shietless‭”‬ Taemin squeezed Luhan as tight as he possibly could.

 

‭“‬Language,‭ ‬Taemin‭!”‬ Key whined above their shouting, eyes widening at the younger boys words.

 

‭“‬Sorry,‭ ‬I‭’‬m just so overwhelmed‭”‬ Taemin smiled sheepishly then grinned madly‭ ‬afterwards.

 

‭“‬We thought we lost you Lulu‭”‬ Onew voiced above the others trying to get in on‭ ‬some of‭ ‬the action as well.

 

Luhan‭ ‬smiled softly,‭ ‬he‭ ‬had never felt so safe and yet so scared at the same time.‭ ‬To think‭ ‬If Sehun didn‭’‬t help‭…‬he would be dead.‭ ‬He hugged onto the boys tighter as the realization struck him‭…like he had run into a brick wall.

 

‭“‬Don‭’‬t you ever scare us like that again‭!”‬ Key scolded flailing his‭ ‬faded pink‭ ‬handkerchief around.

 

‭“‬Most important question first‭”‬ Siwon piped up‭ ‬after finally‭ ‬squeezing through the boys‭ “‬what did the doctor say‭?”‬ 

 

Reluctantly the boys released luhan making enough space around him for everyone to breathe‭ “‬he said‭ ‬I‭’‬m fit as a fiddle and can go home‭”‬ they‭ ‬all‭ ‬sighed in relief.

 

‭“‬I refuse‭”‬ Key stated‭ ‬in a demanding tone,‭ ‬arms folded across his chest,‭ ‬eyes closed and face turned up.

 

‭“‬He means he agrees‭”‬ Minho corrected as he elbowed Key in his ribs‭ “‬don‭’‬t you Key‭?”

 

Key‭ ‬ignored Minho‭’‬s question as he‭ ‬held onto‭ ‬the side of his torso‭ “‬I‭’‬ve been hit‭! ‬Man Down‭…‬MAN DOWN‭”‬ Key fell to the ground taking as many quick short breaths‭ ‬as required‭ ‬“leave without me,‭ ‬I‭’‬ll only slow you d-d-down‭”‬ he slurred out crawling across the‭ ‬waiting rooms‭ ‬white‭ ‬polished‭ ‬floor as slowly as he possibly could.‭ ‬The rest of the guys including a confused Siown, their heels and headed to the exits without even so much as a glance back.

 

Key‭ ‬noticed his audience had‭ ‬abandoned him and now he was getting‭ ‬creepy looks from other onlookers,‭ ‬he‭ ‬huffed out in frustration‭ ‬hoisting himself up‭ ‬as he quickly dusted himself and stomped out the double doors of the hospital building avoiding the weird looks he received for his performance.‭ ‬He stood next to the boys as they all waved their goodbyes to Luhan who was climbing into the police car‭ ‬his‭ ‬face a light shade of pink from embarrassment.

 

‭“‬Hey you‭’‬re alive‭”‬ Taemin giggled out‭ ‬when he noticed Key was back,‭ ‬quickly‭ ‬he grips Keys head into a choke hold‭ ‬happily‭ ‬ruffling his hair around.‭ 

 

“Let me go before I smash‭ ‬you into the concrete ground‭”‬ Taemin immediately released Key smiling sheepishly as he runs off in the‭ ‬opposite direction trailing behind Jonghyun and Onew who had already made their great escape.

 

----------

 

----------

 

Siwon shifted in his seat‭ ‬clearly‭ ‬anxious‭ “‬uh,‭ ‬you should probably call‭…‬Hangeng‭”‬ he‭ ‬blurted out hanging his head in shame and avoiding Luhans eyes.‭ ‬Luhan stared at him‭ ‬eyes‭ ‬bulging out his skull‭ “‬you told HIM‭”

 

“Sorry‭”

 

Luhan sighed‭ ‬knowing exactly how this was going to end‭ ‬up‭;‬ he was going to‭ ‬have to find a way to convince Hangeng that‭ ‬he was indeed perfectly fine and‭ ‬that‭’‬s‭ ‬definitely not going to be easy.‭ ‬As soon as they pulled into the driveway Luhan shot out the‭ ‬car and into his bedroom unceremoniously dropping onto his bed. He pulled out his phone frowning at the 19 missed calls all from one obvious number.‭ ‬Breathing in deeply he dialed Hangengs number and prepared for the worst.‭ ‬It was hard the first‭ ‬20‭ ‬times but along the‭ ‬30th time explaining‭ ‬how Sehun had saved him and that‭ ‬he‭’‬s safe Hangeng finally believed him.‭ ‬All he wanted to do now was get an early night and sleep away all this drama.

 

 

 

--------

 

The next day at school was uneasy for Luhan,‭ ‬he became the center of a lot of attention and a lot of questions were thrown at him,‭ ‬some‭ ‬of them‭ ‬quite unavoidable.‭ ‬Luhan noticed that no one‭ ‬was even a bit concerned about Sehun like the way he was‭. 

 

‭“‬Sehun actually saved me‭”‬ he tried explaining to convince he‭’‬s posse but to no avail.

 

‭“‬I never see that guy‭”‬ Key insisted‭ ‬fanning himself with his custom made traditional Chinese fan.‭ ‬Taemin nodded mimicking a bobble head,‭ ‬no‭ ‬a broken bobble head Luhan noted.‭ ‬Luhan just turned back to his food tray‭ ‬his‭ ‬lips pulled into a thin line.‭ ‬He shifted his eyes glancing at Sehun hoping to catch a glimpse‭ ‬but he never looked back.

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan‭ ‬waddled into his classroom‭ ‬when he noticed that Sehun was already seated staring blankly ahead.‭ ‬Luhan hoped he would look at him as he took his seat but again was ignored.‭ 

 

“Hello Sehun‭”‬ he‭ ‬spoke as happily as he could but Sehun merely turned his head slightly towards him without meeting his eyes,‭ ‬nodded and turned his head away completely.‭ ‬That was the only thing Sehun did that day.

 

Soon‭ ‬days passed by without any contact with Sehun mainly because Luhan ignored him just as much as he was being ignored but poor‭ ‬Luhan couldn‭’‬t bring himself to hold a grudge for too long and tried his best but was never awarded the chance to talk to Sehun for days.

 

 

 

 

 

Onew had‭ ‬organized a snowball fight at the end of school just in case the snow gets washed away having watched the weather news he was convinced this would be his‭ ‬one and‭ ‬only chance.‭ ‬Everyone was happy though and just as much as willing as he was.‭ ‬As the last bell rang everyone headed to their supposed‭ ‬‘battle stations‭’‬ which inevitably consisted of a few bins and cardboard boxes‭ ‬armored with their raincoats for‭ ‬protection.‭ 

 

Taemin‭ ‬had insisted being on Luhan‭’‬s team and Luhan couldn‭’‬t reject the sweet boy‭ ‬anyway‭;‬ he‭’‬s just happy‭ ‬he didn‭’‬t get paired with Key who was currently throwing a fit about not having the right‭ ‬color gloves‭ ‬to make the snowballs with which Minho practically ignored.‭ ‬Jonghyun and Onew seemed to be the only group focused on actually winning.‭ 

 

“What is the objective of this mission?” Onew asked proudly walking like a drill sergeant past the gathered school children, feet sinking with every step into the soft fluffly white snow, hands behind his back as he stared each of the players down with a scowl across his face frightfully eyeing some of the individuals. 

 

“There he goes again” Minho sighed arms crossed against his chest, noticing Luhan‘s confused face “ he tends to turn all inspirational during speeches, now he thinks he’s in a real war” He says to Luhan who nods slightly “just play along. Jonghyun will snap him out” 

 

Jonghyun waves at them from his station on cue before stealthily running towards Onew’s back.

 

“Halt Soldier!" Onew whipped his head slightly to the right eyes dark and unreadable. Jonghyun freezes his own eyes widening in hesitation, he slowly backs away before turning and sprinting back in defeat avoiding the exasperated look on Minho’s face and Luhan’s amused expression.

 

“This is not a game gentlemen. This. Is. War! We must fight for what is ours, protect your flags no matter what" Onew pumps his fist into the air then slowly retracts his hand to grasp his chest as he falls to the ground ending up waistdeep in the snow “even if we lose our lives”

 

“Right so I’m killing you then” Taemin popped up from behind his make shift snow fort smiling cynically as he threw the first snowball of the evening right onto Onew’s face. Everyone gasped as the exploded snow fell slowly from his now pink face. Within seconds everyone had fled to their posts watching Onew slowly rise jaw clenched and eyes burning for revenge. 

 

The snowballs flew in a blur as some had already made their own while others were still struggling to create their first snowball one of them being Luhan. The ball he was trying to form kept breaking in his small hands no matter what he tried. Frustrated he began to fling handfuls of snow at whom ever was nearing his fort relentlessly trying to attack but failing to touch a single person.

 

 “Great going Taemin! now we’re all going to die! I am so haunting you” Key shouted frantically while throwing as many snowballs as humanly possible while Minho lined them up next to him. 

 

Taemin poked his head out “HA! YOU MISS-” Taemin was knocked down a snowball from their sniper snowballer Jonghyun then by relentless snowballs from Key and Onew who seemed to have teamed up to take him down. Luhan tried to drag his flailing partner away from their attacks dashing from left to right and flinging his soft snow barely reaching them come to think of it he realized he hadnt hit a single person at all, unexpectedly Jonghyun popped out of nowhere and pelted Luhan on the back of his head with a relatively large snowball causing him to trip over his own feet and land in the open ground flat on his face in the knee deep snow. 

 

“That was scary” Taemin choked out yanking Luhan out as much as he could which wasnt alot but in his defense the boy was stuck in alot of snow.

 

“Brrrr” Luhan groaned touching his freezing face “well atleast we still have our fl-- Taemin where’s our flag?!” Luhan screeched.

 

“I thought you were protecting it” Taemin looked back at their old hideout to see Onew standing triumphantly waving their flag in front of his face whilst demonstrating his so called victory dance behind a distraught Key. Luhan scowled at Taemin before rubbing handfuls of snow into the youngers face.

 

“Wondeful, now Onew’s going to be bragging for weeks” Minho joined in followed by a couple of other students.Taemin shamelessly ran as everyone chased him around the school for a couple of minutes before he finally fell.

 

Key began piling heaps of snow on him patting it down roughly while Taemin whined from underneath the sheet of snow. After a few more heaps and pats Key revealed his masterpiece to them all.

 

“Voila! Snowman Tae” He looked at his friends and threw his arms onto the boys shoulders “you like?”

 

They all giggled as Taemin tried moving but ending up falling over onto his back “Help?”

 

“Bye Taemin” they called out in unison before leaving him behind.

 

“Guys?”  

 

‭---------------

 

That night Key‭ ‬phoned Luhan announcing the arrival of the spring dance which was coming up and which Luhan didn‭’‬t want to go for,‭ ‬he‭ ‬insisted he was going to‭ ‬Seattle that weekend as he quickly pushed the subject away as much as he could,‭ ‬hoping Key‭ ‬wouldn‭’‬t bring it up again.‭ 

 

To Luhans‭ ‬surprise Jonghyun was the next to bring it up,‭ ‬sitting at their table Jonghyun had already leaned his body across their table getting Luhans attention,‭ ‬as well as everyone else,‭ “‬so lulu,‭ ‬the spring dance is coming up,‭ ‬going with anyone‭?”‬ he asks out casually doodling on the table watching luhan through his hooded eyes.‭ ‬Luhans eyes flutter at the sudden attention‭ “‬n-no‭”

 

“That‭’‬s okay lulu,‭ ‬because Jong and I are going together isn‭’‬t that right‭?”‬ he gritted his teeth‭ ‬tapping his fingers against the table as Jonghyun gulped smiling sheepishly as he shrunk back into his seat.‭ ‬Onew and Minho giggled as luhan sipped on his canteen of juice‭ “‬I‭’‬m not going‭”

 

“W-why not‭?” Taemin shivered in his seat wrapped in a scarf and blanket.

 

“…I‭’‬m sick‭”

 

“2‭ ‬weeks from now‭?” Key smirked

 

“uh‭…‬yes‭…”

 

“If you can‭’‬t dance lulu,‭ ‬just say so‭”‬ Minho smirks watching Luhan pout in his corner

 

‭“‬I‭’‬m actually going out to Seattle that weekend‭”‬ he said turning away glancing at Sehun‭’‬s table when he noticed Sehun watching him,‭ ‬shocked Luhan quickly shuffled back in his seat chugging down on his tonic avoiding all the questions his friends kept asking.

 

Luhan sat down in biology picking at his eraser before a soft familiar voice awoke him‭ “‬Luhan‭?”‬ he turned slowly to the boy he had been ignoring-‭ ‬well sort of and looked at him in the eyes,‭ ‬he didn‭’‬t say anything

 

‭“‬What‭? ‬Are you talking to me now‭?”‬ Luhan finally asked a bit flustered

 

Sehun‭’‬s lips twitched up a bit but he stopped himself from smiling broadly‭ “‬no,‭ ‬not really‭”‬ he admitted much to Luhans shock

 

‭“‬Then what do you want sehun‭?”‬ he asked getting slightly annoyed

 

‭“‬I‭’‬m sorry‭”‬ he said‭ ‬sincerely‭ “‬I know I was rude-‭“‬ Luhan raised an eyebrow‭ “‬am being rude,‭ ‬but its better this way‭”

 

“Luhan stood up feeling foolish as he watched Sehun‭’‬s serious face‭ “‬I don‭’‬t know what you mean‭”

 

“It‭’‬s better if we‭’‬re not friends‭”‬ he explained himself more‭ “‬trust me‭”

 

Luhan narrowed his eyes‭ “‬you should have thought of that earlier‭”‬ he hissed out‭ “‬could have saved yourself all this regret‭”

 

“Regret‭?”‬ sehun sounded confused‭ “‬regret for‭?”

 

“For not letting that stupid car kill me‭”‬ 

 

Sehun was dumbfounded to say the least he stared at Luhan in disbelief‭ “‬you think I regret saving your life‭?”‬ he asked angrily

 

‭“‬I know you do‭”‬ Luhan snapped hands balled into tight fists Luhan knew Sehun was mad

 

‭“‬You know nothing‭”‬ He knew Sehun was‭ ‬definitely mad.‭ 

 

Luhan stomped away trying to be dramatic and make a smooth exit too.‭ ‬He made his way to the parking lot mumbling under his breath before fumbling with his keys.‭ ‬A white hand flashed out grabbing it before it touched the ground,‭ ‬Luhan jerked away staring at Sehun who was casually leaning against his truck

 

‭“‬How do you do that‭?”‬ Luhan asked amazed and irritated

 

‭“‬Do what‭?”‬ he dropped the key into Luhans outstretched hand

 

‭“‬Appear out of thin air‭?”

 

“It‭’‬s not my fault you‭’‬re exceptionally unobservant lulu‭”‬ he voiced out quietly,‭ ‬Luhan scowled at him and the use of his nickname.

 

‭“‬Are’nt supposed to be pretending I don‭’‬t exist not irritating me to death‭?‬”

 

Sehun snickered‭ “‬I‭’‬m not pretending you don‭’‬t exist‭”

 

“So irritating me to death,‭ ‬seeing as the van didn‭’‬t do a great job right‭?”

 

Anger flashed in Sehun‭’‬s eyes,‭ ‬lips pressed into a firm line‭ “‬you are unbelievably absurd‭”‬ 

 

Luhan was furious,‭ ‬he turned his back to the taller boy and walked away‭ “‬wait‭”‬ Sehun called out but Luhan kept walking‭ “‬that was rude‭…‬again,‭ ‬I‭’‬m sorry‭”‬ he said‭ ‬effortlessly keeping pace with Luhan‭ “‬I‭’‬m not saying it‭’‬s not true,‭ ‬but it was still rude‭”

 

“Why don‭’‬t you leave me alone‭?”‬ Luhan grumbled‭ 

 

“I wanted to ask you something but you side tracked me‭”‬ he chuckled,‭ ‬Luhan furrowed his eyebrows

 

‭“‬You have a multiple personality disorder Sehun‭”‬ he stated but Sehun just smiled‭ “‬what‭?”

 

“I overheard you saying you‭’‬re going to Seattle,‭ ‬do you need a ride‭?”‬ Luhan stopped walking and glared at the boy

 

‭“‬How did you hear that‭?”

 

Sehun shrugged‭ “‬I just thought you might need a better‭ ‬ride than‭”‬ he gestured to Luhans truck ”that”

 

‭“‬I would have you know that truck is damn good‭”‬ 

 

Sehun threw his arms up in surrender‭ “‬I don‭’‬t disagree,‭ ‬but not for long trips‭”

 

“Really Sehun,‭ ‬I thought you didn‭’‬t want to be my friend‭”

 

“Actually I said it would be better if we weren‭’‬t friends,‭ ‬not that I didn‭’‬t want to be friends‭”

 

“Oh wow,‭ ‬thanks for clearing that up for me‭”

 

“it would be prudent for you not to be my friend‭”‬ he explained‭ “‬but‭ ‬I‭’‬m tired of trying to stay away from you Luhan‭”‬ Luhan couldn‭’‬t help but stare at his perfect face and gloriously deep eyes,‭ ‬his voice was low and‭ ‬smoldering‭ “‬will you go with me to Seattle‭?”‬ Luhan couldn‭’‬t breathe let alone speak so he merely nodded his head as Sehun smiled before his face turned serious again‭ “‬you really should stay away from me‭”‬ he warned before winking his y right eye and walking off leaving Luhan in a mess.