You owe me

My Soul To Take

You owe me

 

Just before Luhan could hear the earth-shattering crunch of the vans, something struck him hard but not from the side he had been expecting to feel pain. His head hit the concrete ground as he felt something solid and icy pin him down, his heart beat loud in his ears and he could barely catch his breath. Luhan was lying against the pavement behind the blue car he had parked next to. He noted that the van was in fact coming for him again still spinning wildly.

 

Two long pale arms shot out protectively in front of Luhan and the van shuddered to a stop an inch from his face, the hands pushed the van away slightly denting it even further. The arms lifted Luhan’s weak body out as the yelling and screaming began, Luhan could only hear one voice, the frantic voice of Sehun calling out to him.

 

“Luhan! Are you alright?”

 

“I’m fine” Luhan croaked out trying to move but to no avail. Sehun had his body pressed against the side of his own body in an iron grip.

 

“Be careful” he warned soothingly into Luhan’s ear “I think you hit your head pretty hard” Luhan’s head began to throb on cue and he let out a soft mousey squeak “Just as I thought” Sehun breathed out trying to suppress his laughter.

 

“Wait, how did…” Luhan trailed off trying to clear his head from the pain “how did you get here so fast?”

 

Sehun’s face drained as Luhan stared into his eyes “Your heads bleeding”

 

Luhan clutched his head quickly pulling his finger over to inspect it “Liar…don’t try to change the subject Sehun, how-“

 

“I was standing right next to you Luhan” Sehun spoke out in a serious tone.

 

Luhan moved to sit up as Sehun shifted as far away from his as he possibly could in the small space, his face one of concern and yet innocence. A crowd of students surrounded the van some screaming others crying in fear. Many were still trying to pull the other boy out from inside his crushed van. Luhan tried to get up but Sehun was beside him pushing him back down gently.

 

“You should stay here for now”

 

“But it’s too cold here!” Luhan whined. Sehun chuckled under his breath but immediately stopped at Luhan’s next words “you were over there, by your car…across the parking lot”

 

Sehun’s expression changed “No I wasn’t”

 

“I saw you” Luhan said amongst all the chaos.

 

“I was standing with you” Sehun stated setting his glare for Luhan.

 

“No” Luhan refused to back down

 

“Please Luhan”

 

“Why?” Luhan demanded sitting upright completely away from Sehun.

 

“Trust me” Sehun pleaded voice soft as a whisper.

 

Luhan just stared at him before he could hear his friends screaming his name, mostly Key and Taemin above the rest, those two fighting over each other to be the loudest. 

 

“Don’t you worry Lulu, we’re coming for you. Pull faster you weakling” Key shouted abruptly as Minho was trying to pull the van away to get him out. 

 

“Why don’t you get off it then!” Minho yanked Key off throwing him onto Taemin as Onew and Jonghyun heaved at the van. “Just…a…little…more” Minho panted out as the ambulance sirens came closer. 

 

The paramedics pushed past the boys pulling two stretchers with them. Sehun refused his and Luhan tried the same but the big mouth told them he hit his head too hard and needs medical attention because he can’t walk. Luhan stood abruptly and wavered a little unintentionally convincing the paramedics that he did need the stretcher even though he tried to walk away. They placed him upon the stretcher swiftly moving past the other students and a shocked Taemin. Luhan turned to where he knew he had last seen Sehun standing before the accident, his family stood there faces filled with scowls and fury none showing a bit of concern for Sehun as they all got into the cars and sped off. 

 

Luhan was taken into the ambulance while Sehun got to ride in the front. Luhan was unbelievably annoyed that he had to be strapped into a stretcher whilst he was perfectly fine and Sehun got to ride comfortably in the front. As they rolled him into the hospital all he wanted was for the earth to crack open and swallow him completely because of his humiliation. Standing before him with a panic stricken face, eyes bulging out his face and mouth hanging agape were none other than Siwon. Siwon Sprinted to Luhan’s side in a flurry of movements.

 

Luhan chose to tune all his frantic yelling out and turned over after mumbling a few “I’m fine” Siwon left his side no doubt to interrogate the young boy that was just wheeled in. Sighing Luhan turned towards the ceiling closing his eyes briefly.

 

“Already sleeping?” Luhan’s eyes shot up at the sound of the musical voice. He jolted upright in his bed; standing by the curtains was Sehun smirking casually arms folded across his chest. Luhan glared at him as best he could while Sehun just flashed him his pearly whites moving towards the edge of the bed.

 

“What do you want?”

 

“I came to get you out” Sehun smiled happily

 

“Good, seeing as you were the one who got me IN, in the first place” 

 

Sehun laughed as a doctor walked around the corner and into the room. Luhan stared in awe at him. He was young, blond and paler than Sehun. Luhan just stared as the doctor approached his bed with a soft smile making Luhan smile back.

 

“How are you feeling Luhan?” his voice soft as silk

 

“I’m fine” He walked over to the stand by the foot of my bed picking up some charts.

 

“Your scans came out well, X-rays seem normal, but Sehun said you hit your head pretty hard, does it hurt?”

 

“I’m fine doctor”

 

“Suho” He smiled brightly at Luhan “well your father is pacing frantically inside the waiting room, I don’t see why you cant go home now, but if you feel any dizziness in the slightest and or even any eyesight problems feel free to come back”

 

“Can I go back to school instead?” Luhan asked remembering the fiasco Siwon had put when he came in

 

“Maybe you should take it easy for today” 

 

Luhan turned to Sehun’s patronizing smile “Does he get to go back?”

 

“Someone has to go and announce our survival” Sehun smiled at Luhan’s scowling face.

 

“That is probably not necessary, most of them are in the waiting room already” Suho stated watching Luhan’s eyes widen and Sehun laugh happily. “You can stay if you want”

 

“No No” Luhan waved frantically “I…will go” 

 

“You were quite lucky today” 

 

“Yeah, very lucky Sehun was there…right by my side.” Suho quietly agreed before quickly shuffling over to the badly injured boy from the dark grey van. As soon as Suho’s back was facing him he jumped off his bed and moved to Sehun’s side “Can I talk to you quickly? Luhan slightly hissed at him. Sehun’s jaw clenched.

 

“Your fathers waiting for you, you should go” he hissed right back

 

“I need to speak to you”

 

Sehun glared before turning and walking away with Luhan right behind him, turning a corner he spins around glaring at him again “What do you want?” he asked annoyed.

 

Luhan stepped back shocked at his sudden change of behaviour “you owe me an explanation”

 

“I saved your life…I owe you nothing”

 

“Please” Luhan stared him down “I want to know the truth” 

 

“What do you think happened?” Sehun snapped harshly

 

Luhan blurted out everything he remembered before being cut off by Sehun “You think I stopped the van with my bare hands?” Luhan slowly nodded “Nobody will believe you, you know that right?”

 

“I wasn’t going to tell anyone” Luhan said slowly

 

“Cant you just say thank you and get over it”

 

“…Thank you…” 

 

Sehun watched him carefully “You’re not going to let it go are you?”

 

“Nope”

 

“Well then, I hope you like disappointment”

 

They scowled at each other before Luhan broke the silence “Why did you even bother?!” 

 

Sehun froze, his face making him vulnerable “I…don’t know” he whispered then quickly turned around and walked off.