CHAPTER 8

Ugly Mistake

“how about this one,” Nichkhun shoved her another picture. It was a white wedding dress. Simple, typical white wedding dress. Jessica bent down her head, looking at said picture.

 

“it’s too simple. And white,” she said nonchalantly. Nichkhun sighed. It had been 3 hours and they both spent that precious moment just by looking the pictures of wedding dress. Nichkhun started to get headache after seeing all those pictures and his, well fiancée was doing nothing to make these easy for him.

 

“well, it is a wedding dress right. It was bound to be white,” he said between his teeth.

 

“I don’t want a simple, typical white wedding dress,” Jessica replied. Actually, she never really paid attention to the pictures shown to her. In fact she didn’t want to be there at the first place. Nichkhun was the one who caused this to happen and he absolutely had to pay for this.

 

“then what? Tell them what you want and I’m sure they can make something for you,” Nichkhun said with a controlled tone. Jessica really knew how to push his patience toward the end of the cliff.

 

Jessica ignored him. She turned her head toward the pictures and nonchalantly scanned the pictures. “they have nothing that suit my taste,” she said in slow voice, but she was sure Nichkhun heard what she was talking about.

 

“for goodness sake, this is the third bridal boutique and all those boutiques have nothing that suit your taste. Do you have a taste of alien or something?” Nichkhun asked.

 

“aniya. It just that I’m so special and have this high class of taste. I’m fashionista Jessica and I’ll not wear something like this,” she said. A bit arrogant for Nichkhun’s taste.

 

“we do have a dress that is just arrive and we never show it to any of the customer. It was kind of limited edition kind of thing,” said the shopkeeper.

 

“why don’t you show it to our dear princess here,” Nichkhun said to her with a forced smile. The girl left them alone. Nihckhun didn’t know that Jessica was really this kind of hard to deal. Since they announced their wedding, she had changed to a different person. 180 degrees changed from her old self. The coldest kind of ice princess. Not like Nichkhun knew her really well before this, but from Taecyeon’s and Tiffany’s stories about her, she was nothing like this.

 

“here, miss. This is the latest collection of wedding dress that available at our shop,” the shopkeeper came back with a dress in her hand. Jessica looked up and she swore that she felt in love with the dress at that instant. The dress was simply stunning. It was simple, yes, but it was stunning.

The dress was strapless and it will expose a good amount of her flawless back. The material felt so smooth between her hands. It felt silky and rich. It has this cute butterfly as the sole accessories attached to the dress, connecting the blue material around her stomach. Most importantly, it will hide her slightly protruding stomach. Her stomach started to show already. Although most people can’t see it without carefully observing it, but Jessica still felt her confident dropped.

 

“why don’t you try it,” Nichkhun said.

 

“what? Wait, I didn’t say that I like it,” Jessica replied.

 

“people said actions speak louder than our own words. I saw it. You like the dress. Now, why don’t you try it. You know, to see whether it suits you or not. We have to at least try one dress today,” Nichkhun suggested. Jessica sighed in reply. She rose from her comfortable coach and followed the lady. Nichkhun waited outside the big fitting room. The curtain was drawn upon him. He already decided what kind of suit that he was going to wear. He’s not like Jessica. He knew that Jessica did that to torture him for getting them into this trap.

 

After few minutes that seemed like hours, the curtain was slowly opened, revealing a stunning girl in the middle of the room. Her hair was neatly done and the dress hung perfectly on her figure. Nichkhun felt that his jaw was going to drop.

 

“wow,” the word escaped his mouth without he realized.

 

“well, thank you,” Jessica replied.

 

“what? What?” he asked with a confused face.

 

Jessica laughed. “well, indeed. Action speaks louder than the word. You just prove it,” Jessica said. Nichkhun’s face was still clearly confused with Jessica’s words.

 

“I know that I’m unbelievably beautiful. Don’t make that kind of face to prove me even more,” Jessica continued.

 

 “tch” Nichkhun replied but he didn’t denied Jessica’s statement.

 

“I’ll take this dress,” Jessica decided. She plan to make things worse for Nichkhun today and she thought she will not choose any dress to make her plan work. But then, this stunning dress stole her heart at the very moment her eyes laid on it. How can she let it go? She can’t resist it, can she? Well, she had plenty of plans ready for Nichkhun and she will pass it this time.

 

“I know you’ll take it. It looks perfect on you,” Nichkhun said in a matter of fact tone.

 

“did you choose your robe then?” Jessica ignored his comment.

 

“well, not being demanded fashionista like you, of course I already chose mine. I’ll go with this one,” he said while showing her the white tux. Jessica nodded her head, approving his taste.

“we can do some alteration to match Jessica’s dress,” said the lady. Nichkhun nodded in reply.

 

“okay, get out of that dress. We have so many places to go after this,” Nichkhun said.

 

“let’s call it a day. I’m tired. I can’t go anywhere anymore. I might collapse you know,” Jessica refused.

 

“what? But we have to go to the wedding planner and I’ve already informed them. Then, what did you do to make you that tired? you don’t even move that much,” Nichkhun said.

 

“you can cancel it right? and I’m pregnant and of course I am tired. Your child tired me out,” she said.

 

Nichkhun sighed. He knew he will never win her. “whatever. Just get change and I’ll sort it out,” finally, he gave up.

 

“okay. And, can we stop at the ice-cream parlor before you sent me home?” she said with pleading eyes.

 

“aigoo. Yes, I’ll. Just go already!!” Nichkhun pushed her behind the curtain. Jessica laughed at his action.

 

*************************************

(SM Building)

 

Jessica walked along the silent corridor. Instead of sending her to her apartment, Jessica asked him to send her to SM Building, lying about meeting her boss along the way. She was currently heading  to her practice room. When she was about at a corner, she heard someone was calling her name. It was Heechul oppa.

 

“oppa!!” she called back.

 

“Sica, I’ve heard about the news. Yaaa~ you are really something, aren’t you?” said Heechul. He pinched Jessica nose liked he always did when he met her.

 

“ya, stop doing that. I’m not a child anymore,” Jessica pushed his hand aside.

 

“should I do this then?” Heechul’s hand moved from her nose to her hair. Jessica shrieked at his action. She really hated when people touched her hair and this guy never actually cared about that.

 

“when is the wedding?” he asked. “I haven’t got the invitation yet,” he continued.

 

“in three weeks times and of course you didn’t accept any since I didn’t yet distribute it. Don’t worry, I’ll never forget my favorite oppa,” she said. “make sure you bring my sister-in-law as well,” Jessica said, referring to Heechul’s wife on WGM. He smiled shyly. Jessica knew that Heechul had this little crush of his wife and he was too shy to admit it. He always so passionate and all but when it came to confessing and admitting his feeling, he will behave like a shy cat.

 

“when you told me your thought about getting married the last time, I thought you’re lying. I never thought you’re this serious when come to this thing. I thought you’ll not settle down, not until you’re 30 something maybe,” said Heechul. Jessica remembered her conversation with Heechul last time she met him.

 

“how could you oppa. Of course I’ll get married. And what do you think of me? Settle down at least at my 30 something? Seriously?” Jessica asked. Heechul laughed at her response.

 

“I see you as a successful woman. Of course you guys are successful now, but having an idea of a girl generation member to settle down this quickly is really absurd. However, you guys are human too. So, congratulation again, to both of you and Nichkhun,” heechul concluded.

 

“ya, Jessica!!” Jessica turned her head toward the source of voice right behind them. All Super Junior members were coming out from the room. “yaa, uri dongsaeng is getting married. Good for you. I wonder what you did to make our company agree with you, not us to get married?” asked Kyuhyun.

 

“you have no idea of what I did to get this approval,” Jessica replied. Well, they didn’t know about the truth. Their company decided that fewer people know about this, the better.

 

“it was true after all when I said you prefer JYP people over us,” Kyuhyun continued, referring to their interview on Radiostar a few months back. Jessica laughed at his comment.

 

“congratulations Sica. don’t forget to invite us,” said Kang-In. Jessica nodded her head. She looked at the Suju’s members and her eyes met with someone that she tried to avoid for the past few months. She let out a breath that she didn’t realize she was holding.

 

“guys, we should go. We have to be at the show in about 2 hours. We have to get ready,” Kang-In said to s.

 

“you guys go first. I need to stop at my parents’ home on my way there. See you at the show,” said the guy to s. His eyes never left Jessica’s. Jessica gulped down silently. Well, she knew, he demanded an explanation. Heechul looked at her sympathetically. Except Heechul, the members didn’t aware about her relationship with him.

 

“anyoung oppa. Good luck with your show,” Jessica waved them good bye. All of the members except him left the corridor, chatting loudly along the way. Jessica turned her back and slowly walked her way toward Girl’s Generation’s practice room.

 

“Jessica,” she heard him called. She tried to ignore it at first.

 

“SooYeon-ah,” She heard he called her korean name. Well, he was the only one who called her that, well, except her family members and the one who really close to her.

 

“don’t ever think that you can escape that easy,” he continued. Jessica stopped and turned around. Her eyes met that handsome face.

 

“what do you want, Siwon-oppa?” Jessica asked. She never said that name long time already and honestly, she missed saying that name. She tried to avoid meeting him. She knew, working under the same roof will make her mission impossible but then she tried.

 

“do you think I need some explanation?” he said.

 

“why do I have to explain things to you?”

 

“because I know you’re bluffing. I don’t expect you are a kind that tells lies,” he continued.

 

“what? What did i..”

 

“seriously? You can deny all you want but I know you are lying. You and him have been dating for a year? Seriously? As far as I can remember, you just broke up with me 3 months ago. It either you were lying or you were cheating on me, like you cheated Tiffany,” so he knew about Nichkhun was Tiffany’s boyfriend.

 

“you can guess whatever you want. But, I didn’t owe any explanation to you. Please, between you and me, there’s nothing left. I hope you understand,” she replied.

 

“I guess he has something that I didn’t,” Siwon stopped her from leaving.

 

“You know what oppa? I don’t want to tell other people but I guess I need to tell you something. If it not because of you, I will not get myself into this. Don’t ever ask me again. In fact don’t ever talk to me, talk about me or even look at me. I’m not yours anymore. I know you hate me and guess what I hate you too. So please, do us both a favor, get yourself out of my life,”

 

“hey, I don’t hate you okay. And I know you don’t hate me either. Hate is just a strong word. I can’t bring myself to hate you. in fact I tried to see you and I really wanted to apologize but you keep avoiding me. I wanted to tell you that if you don’t want to do it yet, then I can wait. I am a patient man and I love you too much to lose you this way,” Siwon said to her.

 

Jessica smirked at his words. “seriously? It has been months since our break-up and you didn’t even text me to apologize. You know what oppa, I guess between us, it will never work out. Yes I admit that I once loved you but then I realized that our love is not that strong. I’m sorry and I hope this is our last conversation about this,”she said before leaving Siwon confused with her confession.

 

*****************************************

(Jessica’s House)

 

“Unnie. Are you excited?” Jessica heard her sister, Krystal asked her. She smiled at her baby sister. “I wish that I can go with you to choose your dress but damn it. Damn that busy schedule. Do you find your dress?” Krystal asked her. She nodded at her.

 

“is it beautiful?”

 

“of course. Even though I didn’t really put my heart into this wedding, I should at least wear something nice for the occasion right?” Jessica said. Krystal knew about her marriage and in fact they talked a lot about it. Krystal might look immature and naughty but when Jessica needed her girl talk, it was Krystal that she looked for.

 

“yeah. That’s what I at least expected from our fashionista. So, how is it going? Do you give some hard time to my future brother-in-law?”

 

“yeah. Kind of. I was actually plan to not choosing any dress today. In fact we went to 3 bridal boutiques and unfortunately, this third shop has this super cute dress that I can’t bring myself to resist. But sure, I gave him quite a hard time during the process.”

 

“auww, I wish that I was there to watch,” Krystal said.

 

“did you read the article? About your announcement?” Krystal asked her.

 

“aniya. Does it matter?” she asked her little sister. Krystal grabbed her cellphone and slowly browsed through the internet, looking for the said article. “here,” Krystal shoved her the phone.

 

Both SM and JYP confirm Jessica Jung and Nichkhun Horvejkul are in relationship and currently preparing for their wedding!!!

 

After all the rumors that spreading around the entertainment world about these two, both Jessica’s and Nichkhun’s representatives confirm that they are in relationship for about a year and currently preparing for their wedding this upcoming July. The exact date and venue for the wedding are not yet being revealed.

 

Nichkhun said during the interview that both of them already discussed the plan with their parents and both agencies are aware about the wedding. “we already had our formal family meeting with both my family and Jessica’s and the wedding preparation is already started. I am sorry for this short notice and we did not plan to hide it from our fans,” Nichkhun said.

 

“we were actually talked about this a few times and because of our contract and such, we afraid that we can’t directly jump into the marriage. But, after discussing with our agencies, they both agreed,” Nichkhun continued.

 

When being asked about the motif about them getting married and for the sudden marriage, Jessica Jung calmly explained. She laughed when our reporter mention about the shotgun marriage. “I’ve been seeing Nichkhun-oppa for about a year now and I know him longer than that. we didn’t reveal about our relationship because it’s an extremely personal matter, and we are not quite ready to tell our fans about it. I’m sorry you guys caught us that way (referring to the first pictures) and after the rumors, we gave quite a good thought about it and decided to reveal and confirm about our relationship. Please congratulate us and support our decisions. I know you guys were quite upset about this sudden news and I apologized for that. but I know our fans will support us nevertheless,” Jessica said.

 

Nichkhun revealed that it was Taecyeon, his other 2PM’s member, who introduced him to Jessica. “thanks to Taec. It was him who introduced me to Jessica and I should say my deepest thanks to him for introducing the most precious person to me,” Nichkhun said. We managed to interview Taecyeon about this and he sent the couple his biggest congratulations for them.

 

Well, it looks like one of our precious princess of K-pop and hottest prince will soon be off the market, but of course most fans most probably want to send their congratulations to them.

 

“at least you came out beautifully in the picture,” said Krystal, referring to the picture that accompanied the article. Jessica laughed at her sister’s comment. “and you looked happy. Well, it’s true that picture can deceive people. You both looked like you guys are deeply and crazily in-love to each other,” Krystal said.

 

“we’re both actors and of course, that expression is nothing,” Jessica said.

 

“if I don’t know you better, I would say otherwise,” Krystal replied.

 

“ya Jung Soojun,” Jessica shrieked.

 

“wae, Jung Sooyeon?” Krystal replied.

 

“I can’t believe that you’re getting married soon. You’re so lucky, unnie,” Krystal said.

 

“Soojun-ah, don’t make me start. Don’t act like I want this marriage to happen and the baby to come along the way,” Jessica said.

 

“wae? Marriage is a sacred thing and the baby, it did nothing to deserve the blame. If you want to blame something, it was you and Nichkhun-oppa who should be blamed,” Krystal said. “aegi-ya, don’t worry. If your parents don’t want you, don’t forget that you have this gorgeous auntie that will accept you anytime,” she said to Jessica’s stomach.

 

Jessica playfully smacked her sister’s head. Krystal really knew how to lighten her mood up. “honestly speaking now. How does it feel? Being pregnant?” Krystal asked.

 

“nothing different. Except, I slept less and get grumpier than before,” Jessica said.

 

“thank goodness that I don’t have to stay with you 24/7. Well, soon-to-be brother-in-law, good luck with that,” Krystal said. She laid her head on Jessica’s lap and playfully rub Jessica’s stomach. Jessica laughed at her sister’s action.

 

“he’s going to need that, don’t you think? Having to deal with me for, well, the rest of his life, he’s going to need tons of good luck. And I’m not going to make his life easier,” Jessica said to her sister. 

 


so i know i have been too late for the update and i am sorry (from my deepest heart).

i am in the middle of final examination and today is my first paper and i have 4 more papers to go. but i think i need to update. i missed your responds and here i am. so, if you have noticed, i've made siwon as Jessica's ex-boyfriend and add some cute moments of Heechul-Jessica, and Jung sisters. i hope you guys really like it and don't feel shy to comment. 

and did you guys watch Jessica & Krystal show? well, i am totally addicted to it and really enjoy watching their interaction. it kind of remind me of how i interect with my dear little sister. well then, happy reading and hope you like it.

 

XOXO, arinaLee