Chapter 36

A Nerd Meets Kingka

Seoyeon POV

1.40pm

Should I put on lipstick?

 

Hmm... Do I look weird in this? Should I try on a dress?.. No... It will not do well for an amusement park...

As time slowly ticking toward 2pm, I am still freaking out in my bedroom, don't know what should I do and completely regretting for agreeing to the dat-

No No No! This is not a date, Kim Seoyeon! Get a hold of yourself! This is just.... an outing! With a friend! I mean... classmate.

 

1.50pm

Oh my god! My heart is going to die! 

Why are you being so nervous! Calm down! 

I took a glance in the mirror. Staring down at my white, short sleeved romper and my white converse. 

 

Dang, I look like a kid... He will think I'm weirdo... an 18 years old girl dressed up as a 5years old... 

No no! There's no more time to change anymore... beside, why do I care about how he feels? We are just going to play at the amusement park!Nothing.. serious.

 

2.00pm

Ding Dong

HOLY ! HE'S HERE! I'm so not ready for this!! I'm totally gonna screw this up! I'm j-

 

"Hello."

 

TOP : Hi. Ready to go?

 

Seoyeon : Neh, let's go. Oh yes, I forgot to mention, I have to reach home by 8pm.

 

TOP : Oh... thats early. Ok. 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The train ride was painfully awkward. All I did was looking on the floor while he is playing with his phone. Even though my eyes was looking down, I couldn't help but notice constant staring from other passengers. By other passengers, I meant the other girls. Their eyes were glinterring just by looking at the guy standing beside me, nonchalantly playing his phone. My heart twitched alittle.

 

....Why...?

 

20 minutes passed and we have finally reached our destination.

We bought our tickets and stepped into the wonder land.

 

LOTTE WORLD

 

This is the first time I've came here since 8 years old with my mother during my birthday. The surrounding, the scent, everything about the place brings back so much happy memories. I remember how I ran away from this current position excitedly with my mother chasing behind me, shouting my name.

 

TOP : Oh? ...You are crying? Is there anything wrong? 

 

Seoyeon : I am? Nothing, nothing. Just.. sand got into my eyes. Sorry.

 

TOP : -eyeing me suspiously- Ok then, lets go play!

 

We walked up to a ride that shaped like an U. The staff opened the gate and let a few passengers go to the seats of the ride. She secured all the belts and pressed a button. The passengers started to move up to one side of the U. Within 3 seconds, the ride shoots back down and to the oppseite side of the U. The screams of terror gets louder and louder.

 

Holy , I did not took this ride when I was young. 

 

The queue gets shorter and shorter, my heart beats faster and faster. I have never took such a crazy ride before. The worst I took was just cable car when I was 8! I am not ready for this. 

As my mind is floated of the different ways of me dying from the contraption, a warmth was felt on my arm. I turned my head towards the origin of the warmth.

 

TOP : Don't worry, it's fun. You won't die. 

 

 He then shifted his hands from my arm to my hand, interwined my hand to his before guiding me to the ride and our seats. The staff came and pulled our belt to ensure security. But the reassurement did not change my thoughts of today being my death. TOP is still holding onto my hand, as though trying to tell me that he is here to protect me. 

 

TOP : Hmm.. I think it's better for you to take off your spectacles or else it might fall off.

 

Seoyeon : Oh, I guess you are right...

 

I then took off my spectacles and stuff it into my pocket, making cautious to avoid having any eye contact with him after taking it off. However, at the side glance, I saw him staring at me before turning back to his front and smile gently. 

 

We started to move, back and forth, swaying higher and higher every second. I gasped at the movement and his grip on my hand got tighter instantly. Comforting me by having his warmth moving from my palm to my heart. Soon, everything went in a flash and I found myself screaming my heart out together with the other passengers in this ride. At midst of chao, I hear TOP's voice, yelling out with all his wits and spreading out the other arm of his wide. Enjoying every moment of the ride while I just feel dying of an heart attack. 

 

After like an enternity, the ride finally slowed down and stopped. I let out a sigh of relief.

 

Even though my heart is pounding so fast, my limps turn jelly and my throat is sore, this... is actually pretty fun.

 

TOP : hahahaha!! How is it?! It's fun right?

 

Seoyeon : ... neh.. It indeed is quite fun...

 

TOP : Let's go and ride the others!!! woohoo!!

 

 We went to take all the other crazy rides and screamed our lungs out for hours, ate highly overpriced hotdogs and coke and took photos with the mascot; Lotty and Lorry. All these times, we never let go of our hands. I guess, neither of us give much thought of it anymore after having so much fun.

 

Or it's because none of us feel like letting go...?

 

7.00pm, just 1 hour more before I have to get home. We took our last ride, the ferris wheel. I let go of his hand as he settles down onto the seat opposite of me. If I did not see wrongly, his face twitched a little before look out of the window. We fell into silence.

The dark ultarmarine sky makes the perfect canvas for all the shining stars to grace the spectacular city. Up here, I can see everything. Companies, apartment buildings, shopping mall, trees, houses, the whole of the amusement park, families, friends and couples. Everything up here gives me hope, a hope that my life can be as beautiful, magnificent as this scenery. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, adsorbing in the view and exhaled softly.

 

TOP : So.. today is fun right?

 

Seoyeon : Neh.. Thank you for taking me to here. -smile-

 

We shortly fell into a silent again, but this, I could feel an weird tension in car. I try my best to keep my eyes on the view but I cannot but get distracted by his stare. It is so awkward that I cannot help but to let out a small cough, hoping that it will magically relief the tension between us. Indeed, magically, TOP break the ice.

 

TOP : ... I think I like you.

 

...what..? 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

hehehe.. I guess.... Thank you for viewing this story!!

Please feel free to subcribe and comment!