New Home

Heaven
you & the New Home
7Cm0rJu.gif

The hour had finally passed and the boys were making their way back to their van.

Once they had slid the door open, all three of them stood still with surprised looks on their faces when they saw the girl asleep, with her legs brought up against her chest and her head resting on her knees. They quietly climbed inside and gently slid the door closed but had woken up either way with the sudden slamming coming from their manager as he took his turn to climb in the driver’s seat.

The sudden sound made her jump out with a light gasp as she looked frightened by the sudden change. She looked around and took a moment before breathing in deeply, erasing the shock out of her eyes.

“Are you okay?”

Turning her head to the side, Cheondung looked at her to make sure that she was okay and that she wasn’t too afraid. Without a word still, she softly nodded her head before placing it back on her knees, hiding her face from the rest of them.

The manager turned around to look at the three boys, asking them where do they go from here since they had finished their morning schedule and had some free time. “The hospital or the police station?”

“Let’s start with the hospital; she seems to be having amnesia or something, maybe the doctor could tell what’s wrong with her?”

“Sure.”

They were on their way as silence roamed inside the vehicle. As for the girl, the moving car had her woken back up and was now staring through the tainted window, amazed by what she was seeing. She was too absorbed in her own little world with her face stuck at that window while she had her palms against the glass, taking in every little feature that was popping out.

She had a smile slowly stretching across her lips from the sudden excitement that was building up inside of her, clearly enjoying herself while the boys were watching, amused.

Same went for Cheondung; though the circumstances that brought her here were strange, he couldn’t help himself but feel slightly… relaxed at her presence. Maybe it was her expression that made him smile or just her care free aura that she was bathing in, leaving her mind free of the sudden awakening from an unknown life out of the way, but something inside of him was making him smile as he quietly watched her, still left a little bit surprised by her sudden appearance.

He shook his thoughts away realizing that they had arrived at the nearest hospital when the back door of the van opened, letting Joon and Seungho climb out first before following them out; he turned to the girl and called her out, gaining her attention.

“You can come out now.”

She jumped out and once she was on her two feet, she took a quick look around and stepped away from the group, her excitement growing wider. Catching the boys attention, they ran after her before she was able to find her way to the streets and stood in front of her, making her stop in her tracks.

“We have to go inside and stay put, okay?”

Looking at the serious gaze from Seungho, she fluttered her eyes and gulped down as she nodded her head before looking down. “Come on, lets get this over with.”

She quietly followed them without even lifting her head up as she was guided with a hand on her back, pulling her into the entrance of the hospital. Once they were inside, they went to find their seats in the waiting room while the manager made his way to the receptionist, explaining the situation to her.

“A doctor will be right with you, you may take a seat fort the moment.”

Did as he was told, he went to join in with the rest of the boys and slumped down his chair with a heavy sigh coming out. He took a glance to the girl and saw that she wouldn’t stop moving in her chair as she kept turning from one side to the other, looking at what was around her. He shook his head and looked away, trying to busy himself.

As for the members, they were soon fast half-asleep on their chairs to tired to keep their eyes open, leaving the girl by herself; her legs barely touching the floor as she swung them front and back while her hands were on each side of the chair, with her gaze still going around the room. She had the sudden urge to get up and walk around but she knew that she wasn’t allowed too, which upset her quite a bit but ignored the feeling since she didn’t want to be yelled at by one of them.

She turned her head to Cheondung who was sitting next to her and saw him sleeping with his head slightly dropped down. She bent down to have a proper look at his face and let herself smile as she admired his features, from the blond hair to his pink lips.

Just like she did in the car, she slowly stretched out her hand as she lightly touched a strand of his hair, wanting to feel the texture under her skin. Her discreet gesture suddenly made her heart beat fast, something she soon realized as she felt heat up in her cheeks.

She blinked her eyes a few time when she suddenly found herself staring at two brown orbs; it took her a moment to realize that she was staring straight into Cheondung’s eyes, resulting in both of them to jump in their seats from the shock. He felt his cheeks blush and coughed out while the girl was still looking at him, watching his every move.

“W-why were y-you looking at m-me?”

“Are you an angel?”

The heat from his cheeks spread across his body as he was staring at her, taken aback by her words. Looking at her slight doe eyes, he found the pace of his beating heart increase little by little with no explanation coming to his mind.

“I-I’m not. Why do you think I’m an angel?”

“Because you look like one.”

Before he got time to answer, he saw the doctor coming from behind her and straight into their direction. He got up from his seat and called out to the others, waking them up.

“I heard that you have a patient that may have amnesia?”

The manager stepped forward and explained the exact occurrences of what happened earlier today. The doctor took a quick glance towards the girl in question, eyeing her from her slight disheveled hair to her feet.

“You can come with me then, we’ll do some test and a full check up.”

The doctor’s appearance slightly frightened her as she examined him from his dark hair to his white lab coat. She slowly backed away only to bump her back into someone’s chest; she quickly made a turn to see that Cheondung was the one behind her. “I-I’m scared…”

The worry in her eyes caught his attention; he looked back up to the doctor and then back down at the girl.

“Don’t be afraid, he’s only to see if you’re not hurt anywhere.”

“I’m hurt inside, can he fixed that?”

“Inside? Where?”

“Right here.” She placed her palm right over her heart with her lips slightly in a pout. Cheondung looked back up at the doctor who was waiting along with the rest of the group. He dropped his head back down to look at her. “You want me to come with you?”

“Mhmm.” She hastily nodded her head, with a strange feeling creeping up inside of her; an emotion that pushed away the ache in her heart.

“Okay… Let’s go then.”

“She doesn’t show any sign of amnesia… She’s perfectly healthy!”

Looking up from the result of the various scans coming from the girl’s brain, the doctor spoke out his conclusion to the group, shocking each one of them.

“Are you sure? She can’t even remember her name, not even where she comes from.”

“There’s no sign of brain damage but it might as well be psychological; if you want I can give you a list of therapists that can check up on her case. It could easily be psychogenic amnesia; nothing physical, its just all in the head.”

“Like what?”

“Maybe something happened to her that had a big enough impact to wipe away her memory? Trauma can usually be the cause of this. Do you have anything that could’ve happened that led her like this?”

“We just met her a few hours ago; we don’t even know who she is.”

“Ah, I see. Mhmm, in that case you should go to the police station to give out a report but I will still give you that list. You will be in need of it.”

“Thank you doctor.”

After receiving what they needed, they were headed straight to the nearest police station. Once they arrived, the manager told the boys to stay inside while he would take care of the situation.

This left the girl with slight anxiety since she didn’t know what the man had in mind. She turned her head to look at Cheondung who assured her that she was going to be safe now and that the people inside would take care of her.

“I’m not going to see you anymore?”

“No you won’t.”

“Why?”

“Your family is probably looking for you-”

“Family?”

“Mhmm. Don’t worry, okay? Everything will be fine.”

He softly patted her head, making her smile. Once the door opened and closed behind her, a strange sensation of her sudden absence faintly waved through him before he was brought back by a tap on his shoulder. He turned around to look at Seungho who was looking back at him with a questioning look on his face. “What the hell was that all about?”

“Huh?”

“The girl and you; she seemed pretty comfortable with you, don’t you think?”

“She’s just scared.”

“Then why not turn to us too? Its like you’re the only one in the room.”

“It doesn’t matter anyways, the cops are going to take care of her now.”

After his response, nothing more was said. Each of the boys busied themselves for a few more minutes until they heard the door to the back seat being opened; with a slight pout across her face, the girl reappeared and took her seat back next to Cheondung as the three members looked at her and back at their manager, feeling confused.

“Wasn’t she suppose to stay at the station?”

“They wouldn’t take her. I told them what happened and everything and they said that they’ll do their research and let me know; so for now we’re stuck.”

“She’s not going to stay at the dorm, is she? There’s no room.”

“No, she’s not… Where else is she going to stay then?” Giving a quick glance her way while she was looking down her lap and playing with her dress, the manager turned his head to the side, looking out from the window before looking back at the boys, with a possible proposal for their situation. “How about we find a motel for her to stay the night and we’ll figure out the rest tomorrow?”

“Do you think it would be really safe for her? I mean, with her state…” Cheondung looked to the girl with a worried gaze before turning his head back, not really sure about his idea of leaving her alone.

“Do you have any other suggestions?”

He didn’t realize what he had just said next, with his words coming out of his mouth in the spur of the moment; just then was he thinking over his idea. “She could stay at my place; she’ll have Dara with her while I’ll stay at the dorm.”

Joon and Seungho looked at each other, quite surprised by his boldness while the manager was still staring at Cheondung, pondering on whether to accept the young one’s proposal or go with his own.

“Are you crazy?!” They all turned to Seungho who couldn’t really hold his shock anymore, as he lashed out to the younger member. “You’re going to invite a complete stranger into your home? Yah, the woman may be crazy or it can be all an act and she’s probably fooling us all right now-”

“Does it look like she is? Look at her!” Raising his voice, Cheondung replied back to his friend, caught off guard by his outburst. He didn’t know why he was suddenly feeling angry, but realizing what he did, he quietly apologized to Seungho before letting out a deep breath.

“Cheondung, she’s not our responsibility; she may have found us but it doesn’t mean that we should take care of her.” The boy turned his head to look at Joon who tried to reason with him without putting any pressure onto his words.

As for the girl, she was quietly listening to their conversation and she could feel the ache back in her heart. She couldn’t put it into words, but she knew that they didn’t want her. No matter how much she tried to drown into her thoughts she couldn’t remember anything at all; it made her feel like something was missing, something important and it frustrated her that she couldn’t do anything about it.

“I don’t want to send her alone in a motel, who knows what could happen to her-”

“Cheondung, she is not our responsibility! We can’t just take her in!”

“It’s not like its going to be permanent, right? Her family is going to be looking for her when they realize she isn’t even home, so why not make her stay at my place instead of making her stay somewhere else-”

“Cheondung, the woman might be crazy! Did you even hear what the doctor said?”

“He never said that she was crazy! She’s just… she just can’t remember stuff… Look, I’ll take full responsibility, okay?”

Choking on the sip of water, Seungho glared at Cheondung as if he was the crazy guy. “Why the hell would you do that? What would your sister think if you have a stranger staying over at your place? Huh? We’ll drop her off at a motel, give her what she needs and come back tomorrow.”

She gripped tightly onto the fabric of her white dress, her hands on her lap with her head still down. She squinted her eyes, still focused on whether something would pop out of her brain; but still, in the back of her mind, every word that was coming out of the conversation was aching her ever deeper, as she could faintly feel her heart squeeze from the harsh tone they were using against her. ‘I’m a bad person, aren’t I?’

“Do you honestly think that she can be of any harm? The woman is lost and confused! Look at her!” Cheondung pleaded to the others to rethink over their decision and to let him act like he wanted too.

Stranger or not, she needed some comfort and sensed like he would feel guilty if he ever let her go.

“Just let her stay with me, okay? I’ll take care of everything. I can do it. Trust me.”

A sigh escaped from the manager as he was shaking his head. He turned to look at the girl and then back up at Seungho and Joon who simply gave up, letting the decision fall on the older man. He looked back at Cheondung as he took a moment to ponder over whether to let the girl with him or just drop her off like he wanted too.

“You’ll take full responsibility for her?”

“Yes.”

The ride over to Cheondung’s apartment building was yet another quiet one.

The boy himself didn’t know what took over him when he said that she could stay at his home; it was a crazy idea to let a stranger stay at his place but looking at her, he took pity of her and let that feeling take over him, making him act out of himself.

He was usually shy in front of girls but with this one, he felt like her sudden crash knocked the shyness out of him; did it feel liberating? He couldn’t tell. All he knew was that in just a few hours, he already could say that he felt different. Though, in the back of his mind, he kept telling himself that he was still in a shock from the stranger’s appearance, as she had literally come out of nowhere when everything was so calm and peaceful.

Once they were there, he hoped out of the car and turned back to call her out; she followed him without any question and once she was outside, she silently stood next to him, waiting to see what he wanted.

As she waited, Cheondung stepped towards the front seat as his manager had called him out, having second thoughts about having the stranger stay at his place. “Are you sure you’re going to be okay with her?”

“Mhmm, don’t worry; I’ll call if there’s anything.”

“Okay then, see you later.”

With the van leaving them behind, he watched it go while she was staring at him with her doe eyes filled with interest, letting a form of happiness fill her heart.

“Your name is Cheondung? Like the noise in the sky when the angels are angry?”

He froze in his spot as he slowly turned his head to look at her, his eyes filled with astonishment. What alarmed him about her question was the fact that she had mention the word ‘angel’ again, which brought him to wonder how she knows about them when she couldn’t even tell her own name or what one hour was.

He let the thought pass and corrected her about his identity.

“It’s not my real name though. You can call me Sanghyun.”

She quietly pronounced his name as she nodded her head to each syllable to make sure she got it right; watching her do so made him lightly chuckle while shaking his head in amusement. “Let’s get you inside.”

“Where are we going?”

With her head tilted to the side, the innocent aura that was surrounding her took him off guard for just a second as he had locked gaze with her brown eyes. His train of thoughts completely gone, it took the sudden noise coming from the honk of a car to bring him out, making him slightly jump out of shock.

“Hmm, we’re g-going to my apartment.”

“Apartment? What’s that?”

“My home.”

“Is it my home too?” He could hear the glint of hope escaping through her words as she took a step towards him, showing him a smile. “I-I guess… But it’s not your real home. When your family will see that you’re missing, you’ll have to go back.”

“Oh… So I’m not going to stay with you?”

“Why would you want to stay with me? You don’t know me.”

“Because you remind me of angels and angels stay together, right?”

“Angels?” She happily nodded her head, completely disregarding the estrange and worried look on Cheondung’s face. “If you say so…”

 

‘What is it and her obsession with angels? Does she think she’s one of them? How the hell did I get myself into this situation again?’

Looks like wherever she looks, everybody is an angel, but you have to admit, Cheondung is definitely one heck of an angel ^.^

 

 
 
layout by dream_keeper88