Touch

Heaven
you & the Touch
7Cm0rJu.gif

“This looks so familiar… why? Why do I feel like I could lose you at any moment and can’t do anything about it?”

Cheondung’s state was still the same and it left Haneul with a void inside her heart, letting her feel a weakness she hasn’t felt before. She tried everything she could think of to help him feel better but got no result and it terrified her.

For all she knew, he could be dying and it could all be her fault.

“Sanghyun? Can you hear me?”

He had his eyes closed and was resting, leaving her to stare at him as she was still on her knees by the couch. She had dried tear stains on her cheeks, which left her tired eyes to close by themselves.

Before she was able to fall asleep, the door bell rang, making her answer it and saw the boys back from their schedule.

“How is he doing?”

“Not good…” She shook her head with sadness in her eyes. Confused, Seungho looked at her before walking in to the living room. “What the- Yah! Why didn’t you call an ambulance! Can’t you use a phone too!”

His anger made her shrink back as she hid herself behind the others. She couldn’t help but let tears fall down her cheeks as she looked down to avoid Seungho’s glare. He shook his head and picked up the sick boy in his arms, thinking that it might be faster if they were the ones making their way to the hospital instead of waiting for an ambulance.

She was about to follow them when Seungho stopped her.

“You stay here. You’ve caused enough trouble as it is.”

She was left with an empty entrance left completely frozen in her spot with numbness overcoming her senses. Chills roamed all over her skin, making her shiver as the door slowly closed in front of her. Her breathing becoming short, she fell down on her knees and broke down in complete pain, with her tears flowing non-stop.

The itch she had felt was coming back making her scratch her skin to make it go away. Cries of pain were the only thing that could be heard along with the sound of a broken heart shattering inside of her.

She couldn’t feel the nerves roaming through her body anymore; nothing was making sense as everything was just… blank. The ache that she had in her heart kept growing making it hard for her to breathe; it became to the point that she practically passed out.

Her wings were out with the feathers turning grey as they fell down, surrounding her body before she disappeared with an orb of light leaving a trail behind.

“I’m n-not going to let you die… There will be hell to pay if you leave, do you hear me? I’m not going to watch you die – I-I can’t… I love you so much Sanghyun…”

Since then, no progress has been seen.

The night was illuminated by the glowing moon that rose at it highest peak was, with the stars dancing around it.

Haneul was still by Sanghyun’s side, praying for some kind of miracle to happen.

She kept changing the cloth over and over again with the cold water that she would always bring in with the same bucket. She even tried to make him drink something warm to smooth his lungs so he could breathe easily.

Even with all her efforts, there was barely any results.

She couldn’t stop crying as she watched her husband completely helpless on their bed. Giving him one last kiss on his cheek, she got up on her two feet and went into the kitchen, wanting to heat up some water. As she was hovering above the sink with her hands by the edge of the counter, she tightly gripped onto it before throwing the towel her shoulder, roughly against the sink letting another set of tears stain her pale cheeks.

Two days have passed and she was looking sick herself; no sleep, not hungry, lifeless. All that was on her mind was her husband’s survival. That’s all that mattered; nothing else. She couldn’t care less about her own health.

“Why is this happening to me?! To us?! He can’t die… not when we were about to start a family…” She turned around and slid down until she was on the floor with her head leaned back against the wood.

“I would do anything to get him back on his feet… anything… If only I had the touch of an angel, I’d be able to help him but I can’t do nothing! I’m useless to my own husband!” She hit the cabinet right behind her with her fist, letting out her anger.

Hearing Sanghyun cough, stronger than usual from where she was, she quickly got up and ran back to him as she crouched back on her knees. She pushed some strands of his hair away to get a proper look on his face while wiping the trails of sweat away.

He finally opened his eyes, though he was squinting, and let his lips stretch to form a smile on his pale face. “H-hi…”

“Shush, don’t talk, you need to rest…” She softly his skin with the wet cloth, carefully applying it on his face. A small smile rested on her lips, but it looked tired, just like the rest of her body.

“You look like an angel, you know that?”

“If only I had the miracle touch that would go with it…” He could hear the sadness in her voice and as he looked at her in her eyes, he saw guilt flashing through. He slowly stretched his hand out to caress her cheek making her lean against his palm, feeling its warmth despite it being from his poor health. “I don’t want you to die Sanghyun… I need you to stay alive. We haven’t even started our life together. P-please.”

Tears slowly escaped as they rolled down on her cheeks. With the use of his thumb, he wiped them away; she leaned in closer until she pressed her lips against his, giving him the strongest kiss she could ever hold. “I love you, I love you so much, I can’t lose you, You can’t die on me Sanghyun, I’m begging you… Don’t, don’t leave me alone.”

She rested her head on his chest while tightly clutching onto his shirt. He placed his arm over her, lightly her back.

“Baby, I’m sorry… I’m sorry for hurting you like this but… If… If I do ever die, promise me you’ll still live a full life, hmm? Promise me Haneul.”

She lifted her head back up, shocked at his words.

“No! Not without you. WE were meant to live a full life together! But the damn heavens are taking you away from me! I’m demanding that miracle! I don’t care if I have to die myself to save you, I’ll do it!”

She placed herself so she could rest in his embrace with her head right over his heart, feeling it slowly beating. He wrapped his arm around her and kissed the top of her head, ignoring the pain shooting all over his body.

“You really think I would let you die on my account? How the hell am I suppose to go on without you, pabo, hmm?” He tried to lighten up the mood but the smile barely appeared on her face. With her arms tightly placed around his waist, she pulled herself closer to him. “Just promise me Sanghyun… You’ll survive, please. I need you to promise me.”

“Just get some sleep… I know you’re tired… Close your eyes, okay?”

“Only if you’re here in the morning…” She slowly let her eyes drop, giving in into the urge of getting some rest, though she was trying to fight it.

He couldn’t promise her this because he knew that he wasn’t getting any better; he could feel it. He got weaker by the hour and could even hear his heart beat slowing down. He wasn’t ready to die, nor did he want to leave his one true love all by herself when he had so much planned for them. He tried to stay strong, he tried to fight whatever sickness has taken over his body; he still had some hope that a miracle would happen and that he would heal but even in the back of his mind he had to let go of that hope.

He was never going to see the sun rise again, he was never going to see his wife ever again, neither have the future they were suppose to have.

He kissed the top of her head once again before closing his eyes and let out his final breath, letting his feelings out through words, one last time.

“I love you Haneul… to the moon and back.”

After she passed out, she found herself sitting back on a cloud looking down at her view.

She was confused about her whereabouts until a pain struck her in her heart, making her cry out from the pain.

Though the sudden shot of pain was gone, she could still feel it lingering inside of her; she didn’t know how to make it stop and it was making her more weak.

“S-Sanghy-un. H-he needs me.”

She knew that it was his pain she was feeling; she didn’t understand how she knew, she just did. The muscles in her body were trembling, leaving her in a fragile state. She whispered his name once again thinking that he might hear her, though she knew he wasn’t here.

She wanted to find him but didn’t know where to look. She felt completely useless and it was tearing her apart. “I need to save him, I can’t let him d-die.” She put as much focus as she could gather as she only thought about him. That moment sent various images through her mind from the memories of her hidden past life to the present, where she had fallen from the sky and landed on him.

‘Where are you Sanghyun? Call me, please. Call me and I’ll be by your side…’

In every pictures that flashed by, all she could see was him. His smile, his eyes, his cheeks, his laughter, anything that would make her heart flutter. That moment made her hear a heartbeat. It wasn’t hers. She opened her eyes and carefully listened to the slow sound that reached her ears. Finally knowing where it was coming from, a strike of panic hit her as she quickly searched for the boy, making her leave her cloud to find herself in a crowded hospital room.

“We’re losing him!” She caught eyes with the person on the bed and cried out when she saw Cheondung, unconscious and on the verge of dying. Her intrusion didn’t seem to phase anyone, making her realize that she couldn’t be seen. She took this chance and ran up to him, gently caressing his cheeks while softly calling him out.

“Sanghyun, can you hear me? It’s me… Haneul… You promised you would be there in the morning, don’t die! Please!”

She leaned in and pressed her lips against his, passionately kissing him. Leaning back barely an inch, she felt a sudden warmth in her right hand and looked at the birthmark before noticing the slight glow covering her palm.

Understanding what it represented, she softly called him out once again while lightly caressing his cheek before placing her hand over his heart, letting the warmth from her hand spread throughout his body. The sound from the heart rate monitor started to beat stronger, which meant that Cheondung’s heart was starting to beat normally again, he was starting to heal as well. A sigh of relief escaped from everybody that was in the room, including hers as tears started to roll down her cheeks.

A cough escaped from the boy as he was slowly starting to wake up. In his blurry vision he saw Haneul with her wings on her back and that white dress she wore on the day they met. He blinked his eyes a few times, thinking that he was dreaming, but once his vision became more clear, she suddenly disappeared, leaving that light orb trail behind her.

“H-Haneul-”

From there everything was moving so quickly around him, he barely realized what was going on; he didn’t even know whether he was back in a hospital or on his bed tightly hugging his wife before having let out his last breath.

She was barely asleep but when she couldn’t feel his chest move up and down from his breathing, she quickly opened her eyes and sat up, calling out his name.

“Sanghyun! Wake up! Sanghyun!”

Realizing that she couldn’t hear his heart beating anymore, she started to panic as she lightly shook him. She thought that she was dreaming but the pain that she was feeling in her heart made her see that she was in reality.

“No, no, no, no, baby please! Wake up! You promised! Sanghyun, please!”

She broke down when she didn’t get any response, giving up her fight. She hid her face on his chest while tightly gripping onto his shirt and let out her anger through her tears and cries. The unbearable pain that was coursing through her was making it hard for her to breathe. She tried to find some air for her lungs, but she couldn’t. She placed herself back in his arms and wrapped her arm around him while hiding her face in his neck before she placed a soft kiss. From there, she hovered above his face while lightly his skin as she leaned in to place a kiss on his lips.

Though in the back of her mind she knew he wouldn’t respond anymore, she didn’t want to pull away; she wanted him to kiss her back. She was desperate.

A sudden itch was felt on her right hand, catching her attention. She started to scratch it until she noticed a small mark between her thumb and her index finger. The pain was soon gone to be replaced with a faint heat in her palm. She was left in awe for a moment before placing her right hand over her husband’s heart, somehow knowing what she had to do.

“The touch of an angel…” She bit her bottom lip, hopeful, and when she noticed the color coming back to Sanghyun’s cheek, relief washed over her. She cried once again when he started to cough, making her heart burst from all the emotions that she had kept inside. “I can’t believe it, yo-you’re awake! You’re a-alive!”

He slowly opened his eyes to see his love right in front of him. He smiled a little and reached out to her cheek. “I told you, you were an angel…” She chuckled at his silliness and leaned in to kiss him once again, this time having him quickly respond without holding back. “I thought I had lost you… Don’t scare me like this ever again. I wouldn’t have survived if you were gone-”

“Shush, it’s okay… It’s over now, I’m here.” She went back to kissing him once again, adding a sudden urge of wanting more. It took him by surprise, but with what just happened, he didn’t want to stop. He pulled her in, making her hover above him while he wrapped his arms around her waist with her hands cupping his cheeks, not letting him go.

With the energy he had lost slowly coming back to him, he took this chance to slowly turn around, ending on top of her, discarding the bed cover that was on him. With her back against the mattress, she pulled him closer to her, letting her body press up against his with the heat growing in between them. He went for her neck making her gasp at the contact as she arched her back into his chest while letting her fingers run through the back of his head and through his hair.

Sudden worry took over her, and the stiffness of her body made him stop. He slowly pulled away to look at her, reassuring her that he was feeling much better. “So suddenly?”

“Mhmm, I told you, its because of you. You’re my angel... ” He placed a peck on her pink lips, earning him a smile. “Don’t worry anymore, I’ll show you how heavenly your touch made me feel.” The suggestive smirk across his face made her chuckle as she pulled him back in, crashing their lips against each other, wanting nothing else but to spend that moment in the purest of their intimacy.

After having saved his life, Haneul went into hiding.

She felt as if she was going to get into trouble for having disappeared the way she did. She didn’t want to face the consequences because she didn’t want to be away from Cheondung. Even though she now remembers who she is, it didn’t stop her from wanting to by his side. She still had that envy of the human world, wanting to become human just like them. Unfortunately, she had lost that privilege after receiving the mark on her hand, that angel’s touch she received for saving her husband’s life from death.

She had given up this chance to spend the next life with her other half just so she could have him alive and well by her side. She simply thought it was some kind of miracle and never thought there would be consequences for this, but she was wrong and it angered her.

Her true love had to live his several next lives without feeling complete because his other half didn’t exist, and that all changed when she fell from that cloud. Was it a coincidence that she had landed right on top of her husband? Maybe.

Their mind wasn’t able to connect the pieces that were scattered but it didn’t stop their hearts to feel this strong connection between them; letting it pound stronger with the hours passing by. They were falling in love with each other without even realizing it; they were craving for each other, wanting to fill the void that was inside of them. Her sudden presence into his life changed everything for both of them, recreating what they had a long time ago, without even knowing that, that’s what they were doing.

This meant that at any moment, she could be gone without so much as a goodbye.

And that meant that he won’t be able to live the life he was meant to because he won’t have her by his side anymore.

She wanted to change that; she wanted to change his fate and if that meant that she had to clip her wings, she’ll do it within a heartbeat. She couldn’t watch her husband restart an empty life for the rest of eternity, this isn’t how things were suppose to be.

He was back to his place after he was discharged from the hospital.

On the doctor’s orders, he wasn’t allowed to go back to his activities just for the time being, which would give him plenty of time to rest and spend time with Haneul.

Walking inside, he called her out several times but got nothing, making him worry. Room to room, he searched for her and didn’t find her anywhere making him fear for the worst.

Now that he knew the truth, he thought that she had left him, breaking his heart. He didn’t want to face this reality because he knew who she was and what they meant to each other. That blackout he had gave him something he never thought would be possible: the glimpse of the past. The dreams he had made much more sense to him, the fluttering of his heart was becoming understandable, the sudden attraction he was feeling towards her became more clear because he knew that Haneul was his wife, or at least in his past life.

He knew that his heart had recognized her and it brought to him a sense of desire to relive everything they had together, to be able to continue from where they had left off before they were separated towards the end of their past lives. He wanted a second chance and now he was afraid he might never get that.

“S-Sanghyun…”

He was standing in front of his window as he looked up at the blue sky with the sun shining through when he heard his name. He turned around and saw Haneul standing in that spotlight with her wings gone. He didn’t know why and didn’t care.

“I thought you were gone… I thought you had left me.”

She shook her head as she bit her bottom lip, on the verge of tearing up. “I’m hiding… if they find me, they’ll take me back and I don’t want to go back… I want to stay with you. For the past two centuries, I’ve watched you live one empty life after the other and I hate myself for doing this to you… I didn’t think that saving you the first time would do this to us. I just… I just wanted to have a life with you, like we were meant to.”

He didn’t give her a chance to continue as he rushed towards her until he cupped her cheeks and crashed his lips against hers, taking her breath away like he always did. The desire he had felt took over him, letting him feel the little bubble that rested inside of him, waiting to erupt at any second. She slowly pulled away as she leaned her forehead against his. “I’m s-so sorry -”

“Shush, it’s okay, you’re here now and that’s all that matters.”

“Then take me Sanghyun… Before I disappear, before we’re torn apart again, make me remember why I fell in love with you, make me feel how much you love me, let me know how much I have to lose before it ends -”

“It’s not going to end. Don’t say this. We’ll stay forever together, okay? We’ll never going to be alone. Never again.”

With the tears quietly rolling down her cheeks, she looked at him straight in his eyes and could recognize the look he gave her whenever he wanted to make love to her; it made her heart beat faster and her skin warmer. She nodded her head even though she knew that it wasn’t possible.

“I’ll show you how… heavenly perfect we are for each other.” She lightly chuckled at his words, making him smile. He leaned back in to kiss her more softly this time as he trailed his hands down her body before lifting her up. She wrapped her arms around his neck and let him lead the way as he walked towards his bedroom, ready to fill her up with the craving that made him want to feel whole again, finally having that empty part of himself sealed up with her body in his arms.



The next chapter will be the last and then I'll start on my next story :3

Hope you guys have enjoyed the story so far ^.^

 

Lots of love, xo

 

 
 
layout by dream_keeper88