New Friend

Heaven
you & the New Friend
7Cm0rJu.gif

Damn it! Why didn’t I think about that?! Sh*t!”

He quickly got back up on his two feet and picked up his bag before dashing out of the practice room, leaving the others completely baffled by the sudden outburst, coming from their most shy member.

Seungho soon followed Cheondung as he got up and ran up to the door, calling out to the younger member. “Yah! Where are you going?!!”

“Back to my place!”

“You don’t even have your car!”

The revelation made him stop in his tracks as he cursed at himself. He turned back to look at his friend from the other end of the hallway with a breath escaping from his lips.

“If you're that worried, we’ll get back when practice is over; we’re almost done anyways.”

“Sure…”He walked back to the practice room and dropped his duffel bag on the floor. “Don’t worry Sanghyun-ah, nothing is going to happen to her.” With a sympathy pat on the back, Seungho tried to comfort his friend before going back to join the others as their break just finished, putting them back to practicing for their new routine.

Putting his mind back into it, he tried to focus the best he could but something inside of him told him that he should just leave and run back to his place; he felt as if something wrong could happen and it made him uncomfortable.

Through out the rest of the hour, he couldn’t think straight; even the others noticed. Though he knew that he shouldn’t worry that much since she will be leaving, noticing the sudden attachment she had to him made him want to reciprocate that affection and taking care of her was his way to do it.

Why was he feeling so concerned over her? He didn’t know. She was still a stranger to him but as he watched her throughout the day, he saw her as an innocent and defenseless girl that needed to be taken cared of; he didn’t have the heart to be thoughtless over someone that was clearly vulnerable. It just wasn’t him.

Before he knew it, the hour was over, which meant that practice ended. He quickly went to pick up his bag and rushed out of the room as he made his way straight to the entrance of the building.

“Cheondung-ah! Where do you think you’re going like that?!”

He turned around and spotted his manager coming out of the building with the rest of the members behind him. “I’ll get you home, no need to rush it.”

“S-sorry." He waited until the manager reached their car, letting the others also climb inside once he took his seat in front of the wheel.

The drive to his apartment was a quiet one, especially for Cheondung as he tried to think positive thoughts, hoping that Haneul was still asleep.

Once they had arrived, he quickly climbed out of the car and went straight for the entrance of his building. He took the elevator, arrived on his floor and went to open his door after pressing in the passcode.

From the other side, Haneul heard the light click leaving her frozen as she was still hiding under the covers; from there, shuffled footsteps were getting nearer to where she was, making her clutch tightly onto the blanket. She shut her eyes tight while stopping her breath.

She soon felt a hand on the blanket as it was being pulled away from her; she whimpered in fear with her body slowly starting to shake but once she heard that familiar voice, she quickly opened her eyes and spotted Cheondung in front of her with his eyes full of worry.

Without even giving him a chance to speak further, or even letting herself breathe for that second, she quickly jumped on him with her arms wrapped around his neck making him stumble backwards until he fell on the floor, bum first. Her gesture took him by surprise but hearing the soft cries by his ear, he slowly wrapped his arms around her waist as he was gently her back, calming her down.

“I t-thought you left me… I-I thought y-ou left m-me.”

“I’m sorry, it’s my fault. I’m here now…”

She felt him slowly pull away, but still being afraid, she kept her hold on him tighter, preventing him from breaking off the hug. He felt it and tried to reassure her that he wasn’t going to leave her alone anymore.

She hesitated for a second before she slowly pulled herself away from him, rubbing her cheeks to wipe her tears away. She lightly sniffed a few times while looking down, avoiding Cheondung’s gaze.

“I didn’t understand – I couldn’t u-understand what you left me.” She looked back up at him with her eyes still wet, recalling what she did earlier. “I even asked him but he wouldn’t answer me. He’s mean.” With a pout across her lips, she was pointing straight at the cat making Cheondung look behind him before turning his head right back at her and turning it around once again.

“You asked Dadoong?”

“Mhmm.”

“Haneul… Cats don’t talk. Actually, animals don’t talk…”

She blinked her eyes, slightly confused, and turned her head to look at Dadoong. “It’s something that I should know… Right? Something I’m supposed to be remembering?”

“It’s okay, it’s not your fault.” He softly patted her head before getting up on his feet. He stretched out his hand, helping her up, and guided her out of his sister’s bedroom where he found the rest of the members in the kitchen as they fed themselves with the food he had ordered earlier today.

“Yah! Don’t finish it all, Haneul still hasn’t eaten yet.” She was hiding herself behind Cheondung as she tilted her head to the side to watch the boys surround the table. Without a word, she made her way to them with her eyes still observing them. Seeing one of the boys eat a dumpling, she silently followed his movements, picking one herself and stared at the boy while placing it in front of , copying his gesture.

A smile appeared across her face with her focused on the dumpling while the other boys were slowly stopping what they were doing as they watched Haneul in her own little world. Once she finished her first, she dived in for a second, forgetting about her environment as she was simply enjoying the taste the food was creating inside .

She was lightly giggling to herself with both her hands carefully holding the dumpling close to . Taking in the last bite, she wanted to pick up a third one but realized that there wasn’t any left. With her cheeks puffed out and a slight pucker showing her discontent, she then glanced around the table to look for another one until she realized that she wasn’t alone.

She stopped what she was doing and slowly lifted her head up while turning her head from left to right as she had four pair of eyes staring at her. She felt heat creep up in her cheeks as she slowly backed away with her eyes down on the floor. She backed away little by little until she lightly bumped unto Cheondung’s chest.

She suddenly felt shy being crowded like this and went to hide behind the boy’s back again as she took a hold of his shirt. He slightly turned his head to look at her from the corner of his eyes as he softly called her out.

“Mhmm?”

“You don’t need to be afraid, they won’t hurt you.”

With his hands behind his back, he grabbed onto her hands and pulled her so she could be standing next to him. He led her back to the table and pulled out a chair so she could take a seat.

An awkward silence surrounded them for a few seconds until Mir was the one that broke the ice by happily greeting Haneul with a childish grin on his face; from there, the other members followed the young one by greeting the girl one by one. Slowly, the atmosphere was starting to warm up with the constant hyped up energy coming from the youngest member; with the minutes going by and the food slowly disappearing, they didn’t realize the time passing by until one glance at the clock from Seungho made them see that it was getting late.

“We should go. Cheondung, are you coming with us?”

“Hmm, no; I think its better if I stay.”

As they got up from their seats, they made their way towards the main entrance leaving Haneul by herself while Cheondung went to accompany his friends at the door. “Are you sure you’re okay to stay by yourself with her?” Still not convinced by his decision, the oldest members tried to persuade the boy to comeback to the dorm with them but knowing that she needed him, Cheondung declined and told them that he was going to stay here.

“Its just for one night, right? Don’t need to worry.”

“Okay then. Goodnight.”

Once they were gone and the apartment fell back into silence, Cheondung walked back to the kitchen to find Haneul still eating whatever was left on the table. He smiled at this sight and went to sit next to her, looking at her.

Though she was happily eating, her mind started to think about what had happened today and what she had heard from the boys concerning her stay. Slowly stopping, she raised her head to look at Cheondung who had lightly tilted his head to the side waiting to see what she wanted to say.

“Am I going to see you tomorrow?”

He took a moment to come up with a good explanation that won’t freak her out but nothing really came to mind except telling her the truth, which was something she needed to hear either way. “I don’t think so… I’m sorry.”

“Why?”

And the truth was, he couldn’t say. He didn’t know why they won’t be able to see each other again. After all she did live in the city, at best in the country, so why stop when they can maybe even become friends?

“Actually, I don’t know… It all depends on how things go tomorrow. But we’ll see after that, okay? Come on, let’s get you washed up before going to bed.”

He got up as she followed him and led her to his bathroom. Turning on the lights, she walked in further inside until she found herself standing in front of a mirror. She placed her palms against the glass and leaned into it until the tip of her nose was in touch with the mirror.

Behind her, Cheondung was preparing her a bath as he had the hot water while getting a towel with clothes from his sister’s closet. With the tub filled, he poured some liquid soap from one end to the other and waited for Haneul to turn around after calling her.

“Hmm?”

“I’ll wait for you on the other side, okay? You can undress and go in the tub to wash yourself.”

From him, she turned her head to look to where he was pointing and took her steps until she was staring at the water. “Do I just get in like that?”

“Hmm, you have to take o-ff your d-dress…” He could feel his cheeks burn up at his explanation while the girl took a hold of her dress. “This?”

“Mhmm.” He shyly nodded as he scratched the back of his neck. Looking back up at her, he saw that she was trying to get herself out of her dress and quickly stopped her. “Why? I thought that is what I was supposed to do?”

“Y-yea, just wait until I’m out.”

“Why?”

“B-because i-its hmm, not nice…”

“Ah, okay.”

“When you finish, there’s a towel to dry up and I brought you some clothes to wear.”

“What do I have to do?”

“Hmm, j-just hmm, you know, wash yourself. Give me a minute. Stay right here.”

“It looks like an angel bed! So white and pretty and so soft~”

A giggle escaped from her smile as Haneul blew the foam of the soap she had in the palm of her hand. The tub itself was filled with the product letting her body get covered by it. Though it wasn’t too much of a problem since she had a young lady helping her.

She looked at the woman in question through the mirror as she was delicately washing her hair, a faint smile appearing across her face from the strange excitement Haneul was feeling at the moment.

“Angel bed?”

“Mhmm. It’s were angels sleep when they are tired. It happens when the sun isn’t around, so it gets dark.”

“Ah, I see~” Though she finds it strange, she just went along with whatever Haneul had in her head, thinking that it could be a little bit of fun to see how far her imagination can go.

Done with the shampoo, she washed it out of her hair, careful not to get some soap in her eyes and used the conditioner, softly applying it; once the lady was done, she helped Haneul clean the rest of her body from her shoulders to her legs and then her feet, finally cleaning the dirt from today.

The ticklish feeling made the girl giggle in amusement, which left the other one with yet another smile as she tried to calm her down. “Yah~ Let me finish! I’m almost done!”

Haneul tried to sit still to let the lady finish and successfully did as she was now fully cleaned. With the water turned off and the towel ready to be used, she got up on her two feet and had her body covered before stepping out of the tub and straight onto the carpet.

Drying herself up by rubbing the towel around her, the lady helped her dress up with the change of clothes Cheondung had brought for her and once she was covered, she had her hair combed, smoothing out the knots that were in her hair.

“And voila~ all cleaned up!”

And the funny thing was that Haneul did feel clean; looking at herself through the mirror, a satisfied sigh escaped from her lips. She turned her head around and thanked the lady for helping her out.

“Don’t worry about it.”

As they opened the door, Cheondung was on the couch of his living room, waiting for the women to finish and once he had heard the click, he looked up and smiled at the sight of a fresh Haneul. Right behind her, the boys’ stylist came out as well before turning the lights of the bathroom off.

“You owe me big time mister, okay?”

“Mhmm, thanks again…”

“No problem, and if there’s anything else she needs, just call me again, okay? She’s a sweet girl and I don’t mind helping her out.”

“I hope she wasn’t too much trouble.”

“Her? Nope, just a pure angel~”

Softly patting her head, Haneul looked at the lady with a bright smile on her face also affecting her and Cheondung as they showed the same emotion.

“Well I got to go, it is getting pretty late. I’ll see you tomorrow Sanghyun-ah?”

“Mhmm, thanks again Noona.”

“Yea, yea~”

After she was gone with the door gently closed behind her, Haneul was still standing in front of the entrance of the bathroom waiting for what was next. With Cheondung walking towards her, he led her back to his sister’s bedroom and properly prepared the bed before telling her to climb up.

“Are you not staying with me?”

“I have my own room; don’t worry, I won’t be that far.”

She hesitantly nodded her head before watching him leave. She lied down with her head on the pillow and stared at the open entrance of the bedroom. She closed her eyes and tried to fall asleep but worry was still there making her feel uncomfortable and scared. Though she knew he was there and not too far away, being alone at this moment didn’t feel right.

She felt as if something was missing and it bothered her; it was like that during the day but every time she was physically close to Cheondung, that feeling would dissipate only to be replaced by something that would make her insides feel all… bubbly.

She got out of the bed and quietly stepped out of the room as she walked towards the place where she saw Cheondung enter. Luckily, the door was open making it easier for her to walk inside and carefully climb up on his bed; though she hasn’t really thought it through, the sudden movement woke the boy up as he quickly sat up in his bed with his eyes wide open, confused about what Haneul was doing.

“It’s scary… Can I stay here with you?”

His mouth hung open in surprise but upon noticing the anxiety in her eyes, he nodded his head in agreement. He pushed himself to the side, letting her comfortably have her place and covered her with the other half of the blanket. He was about to turn his back on her when she suddenly turned around to face him; the closeness made his heart flutter as his breath got stuck in his throat leaving him with no air reaching his lungs.

Her doe eyes were staring straight at him and it caught him off guard, the way she was calmly gazing at him. She scooted herself closer, and snuggled against his chest with her face hiding in the crook of his neck, against the pillow. He laid frozen, trying to grasp what was going on but once he heard her speak before she fell asleep, he let out a deep breath, letting his tired state taking over, ending with a small smile on his face.

“You’re just like an angel… My angel… Thank you.”

 
 
 
layout by dream_keeper88