Heaven

Heaven
you & Heaven
7Cm0rJu.gif

“I do.”

At that moment, pain struck inside her head making her cry out from the pain as she fell down on her knees, holding her head with both her hands on each side. Images of bright lights, white feathers, blue sky were pounding inside her brain at such a fast rate, she was starting to have difficulty in breathing.

Another cry of pain came out of her dry lips and she felt Cheondung by her side, holding onto her, though she couldn’t realize what was going on around her.

“What’s going on? We heard screaming- Cheondung! She’s bleeding!”

“Huh?” He quickly looked back at her and saw blood dripping down from her nose. He suddenly felt her body trembling and noticed the slow paleness of her skin. Placing his palm over her forehead, she felt her burning up and panic took over him.

“S-she needs a hospital-”

“Let me help you.” Seungho helped his friend by lifting Haneul up in his arms as they ran back their way towards the car. In front of the others, who had been waiting, the sight caught their attention without fully comprehending what was going on; the alarmed tone in Cheondung’s words got them back up on their feet as they hurried their way to the hospital.

With the silence surrounding them, it suddenly came to Cheondung’s attention as he turned his head to look at Haneul only to see that she had her eyes closed, thinking that she might have fainted. He leaned in closer as he pushed the strands of her hair out of her face and still felt her hot skin against his.

“She’ll be fine, okay? Don’t worry too much.”

He looked up at Seungho who tried to lighten up the situation but it wasn’t convincing as Cheondung still had worry flash across his eyes. He looked back down as he bit his bottom lip, feeling helpless at the moment.

“We’re here; you two get out and run straight to the emergency wing, we’ll join you later.”

The two boys in question quickly jumped out of the car as they made their way inside, hurrying in their steps the closer they got. A couple of nurses saw them coming and quickly went their way as they picked up Haneul, placing her on a stretcher, with the doctor tagging along as he asked the boys for the specifics.

“Her heart rate is dropping, prepare the defibrillator!”

Hearing the doctor’s words, Cheondung tried to run to Haneul as she was being pushed away but Seungho’s grip prevented him from moving, making him fight against his friend’s grasp. “Hyung, she needs me, please-”

“She’ll be fine Sanghyun, the doctor will take care of her-”

“But… I can’t lose her.”

“We can’t determine her blood type.”

“What do you mean?”

“We took a blood test and the result should’ve been able to tell us what blood type she is from, but nothing came… It’s as if her blood isn’t even part of the existing groups. I’ve never seen this before. It’s not normal, its like she’s not even human…”

“Not human? That’s absurd! Maybe you guys did a mistake?”

“They tested her blood at least three times and in all those times, the same result came: nothing.”

With the doctor and the manager discussing over Haneul’s state, back inside the room, the girl was still unconscious while Cheondung was sitting by her side, tightly holding her hand in between his. The rest of the boys had left him on his request, wanting to be alone with Haneul for the time being.

With her heart beat back to normal, it still didn’t ease up the ache he had in his heart; it wasn’t enough for him. He needed to make sure that she wakes up so he could see for himself that she was just fine. He doesn’t remember being so scared about losing someone the way he could’ve lost her and it made him think even deeper about the dream he had this morning, it made him think about what he had said to her before all of this happened, it even made him think about what he told Seungho when they were carrying her away.

‘I can’t lose her… I can’t lose you Haneul…

Having this kind of emotion for someone he just met was still beyond his comprehension and a part of him didn’t want to understand; that part of him just wanted to go back to that dream and act out of himself again. She was bringing something out of him, that something that made him so unpredictable to the others and right now, he couldn’t sense it.

“You did knock something out of me and I’m still trying to figure out what… Maybe it’s why I feel this way about you…”

He softly her cheek with the back of his hand, still not erasing the worry out of his eyes.

“I knew you just yesterday morning, why do I feel like this then? Why do I feel like I am falling for you? Hmm?” His soft voice was the only sound echoing around the room aside from the heart monitor. Though he was talking to himself, in the back on his mind, he was holding a normal conversation with the girl right beside him, trying to get some answers even though he knew he wouldn’t get any.

“Sanghyun? Are you okay?”

He turned around to see Seungho through the crack of the slight open door of the room. Not giving him the chance to answer back, the older one walked in and took a seat next to his friend while he went back to holding onto Haneul’s hand, giving it a squeeze before letting go.

“How are you holding up?”

“I just need her to wake up… I don’t care about anything else, I just need to see her eyes again.” He wasn’t looking at Seungho when he spoke out his words and he didn’t have too, the leader knew his friend too well and right now, he knew that something was bothering Cheondung about the girl; it wasn’t just about caring for a girl in a coma, there was something more to what he was feeling at the moment. “What’s going on?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean what happened to you? You’re acting strange and not just now, during the day too! Every time I turned around, you were right by her side but from the way I saw it, it wasn’t as if you were making sure she was fine, there was something more. And you were out of focus too from time to time, as if you were day dreaming about something. What’s going on?”

The younger one let out a sigh as he leaned back into the chair, still not looking away from Haneul. It took him a second before speaking up again, letting his friend know about the dream he had this morning.

“And it felt so real, like it actually happened but then again… I woke up from it. And just before we came here, when I found her at that tree and she told me that she thought she was ugly, I wanted to laugh because I knew that it wasn’t true. I knew she was sad and all I wanted to do was comfort her but I meant it, I meant what I said to her. She is beautiful, I don’t understand why she thinks she’s ugly…”

“Sanghyun-ah, she’s heart broken because she thinks nobody wants her-”

“But I do… To tell you the truth, a part of me was relieved when nobody came to claim her at the police station. It meant that I get to stay with her a little longer and I guess that’s what I want but I don’t know why.”

“It’s because you like her, that’s why. You’re falling in love with her.”

“I can’t be falling in love with someone I don’t know, it’s crazy!”

“The funny thing is, it looks like you do. Since the moment she set her eyes on you, it looked like she knew who you were or something of that sort… Yes, technically you two are strangers but if I didn’t know any better, I’d think you two go way back. I mean even to the point where you guys are the type of people that have feelings for each other but don’t fess up; those kind of people. And why would it be crazy? So what if you barely know the woman, it doesn’t stop the way you feel, it only makes it grow because it makes you want to know that person even better.”

“So you don’t think I’m crazy?”

“No, I don’t, I just think that you’re crushing on someone but you don’t know it yet because you don’t understand the emotion. Don’t overthink it, just… feel it, like in your dream, okay?”

Joseon Dynasty, 1871

“It looks so much like heaven here! It’s beautiful! But, are you sure we can afford it?”

The newlywed bride looked back at her husband, slightly unconvinced about the new property they were standing on; such a beautiful house opened towards the field of high grass, perfect for cultivation with a small farm house not too far away.

“Of course we can afford it! I’m the one that built this house! Perfect for our future, don’t you think?”

He lovingly wrapped his arms around her waist as he leaned in closer to place a peck on her forehead. She looked back up and smiled at him, not able to hide the joy she was feeling about starting a new chapter in their lives.

He made her turn around within his embrace and pointed to the tree that wasn’t too far away from where they were.

“Do you recognize that tree?”

“It’s… where we met, right? I fell from one of the branches and right on top of you.” She giggled at the memory as she felt another kiss on her cheek with her husband’s chin on her shoulder. “Mhmm, I thought it would be perfect if we came back to where it all started.”

“It’s all so wonderful, Sanghyun-ah, I really don’t know what to say…”

She really didn’t have any words to say because what she was feeling was hard to describe; the amount of happiness and love that was filled in her heart just made her smile even brighter. She turned her head to place a kiss on her husband’s cheek making him look back at her with one of his smile. “How about we celebrate, mhmm? I know just the ideal way to thank you~”

“Ah, Haneul, you know how to please your husband, don’t you~”

He chuckled as he swiftly lifted her up in his arms making her yelp out in surprise, which earned another set of laughter escaping from him. He quickly led her back inside their house as he went straight to their bedroom, ready to spoil their love for each other.

The heart monitor was still echoing throughout the four walls of the hospital room as no progress was shown in Haneul’s state.

Cheondung was still sitting on that same chair, alone.

After his conversation with Seungho, he fell back into his own thoughts, driving him to slowly fall asleep; with his hand still holding onto her, he laid his head on her lap and closed his eyes as he breathed in, letting his tired state take over.

Soon enough, he couldn’t even hear the heart monitor anymore; all that reached his ears were the sound of the wind, gently dancing around him as it warmed up his skin. He opened his eyes again and found himself sitting with his back against a tree, hiding him from the rays of the sunlight. Looking around, he recognized the field of high grass as the place where he had his photoshoot taken.

He got up on his two feet and turned around, spotting a house with a farm just a few feet away from him. He started walking towards this direction without much thought passing through his mind. Once he climbed up the small stairs that led him to the porch, he stood frozen in his spot as he saw none other than Haneul sitting on a rocking chair with a baby in her arms while singing a beautiful lullaby.

Somehow, this situation felt normal to him, as if he was simply living his daily routine. The shock suddenly went away only to be replaced by a sense of comfort and bliss in his heart as he gazed at his wife.

He took his step towards Haneul and sat on the arm chair with his arm wrapped around her shoulders as he looked down on their newborn son, asleep in his mother’s arms. “He’s beautiful, Sanghyun-ah, don’t you think? Just like his father.” She lifted her head to look at him and smiled with affection. He leaned in and placed a kiss on the top of her head as he brought her closer against his chest. “He’s perfect, Love. Simply perfect.”

He softly kissed her on her lips before looking back at his son, lightly his head in complete awe at the arrival of their new family member. It felt like heaven was on earth; everything was right where it was supposed to be and he couldn’t be more happier and thrilled about how his life turned out; having the love of his life as his wife and the mother of his child was all he needed to be living.

“I love you so much Haneul, so, so much.” He kissed her once again as he pressed his lips against hers, letting her feel the sudden bursting emotion that was exploding in his heart. She smiled into their kiss and let out a soft giggle as they parted. The way she was gazing at him made his heart flutter; it got him every single time but he adored that feeling because it made him feel alive, more than he could ever imagine.

“I love you too Sanghyun, to the moon and back.”



We are almost reaching the end~ only three chapters left and I'll be starting the 'alternate' version of that story (which will be longer, I promise ;))

Hope you are enjoying this story so far :3

 

Lots of love, xo

 
 
layout by dream_keeper88