Weird Girl.

THE RULE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You’re really a troublemaker.” he whispered huskily. She can feel her face heat up. They just stayed in that position and stared at each other without breaking eye contact.

“Hakyeon-ah, here’s the…….” Hongbin stopped walking towards N as soon as he saw them.

Ellin widened her eyes and quickly pulled herself away from N. She looked at Hongbin with flustered face, then looked at N and bowed her head a little. She immediately went out without looking back. She bumped into Kyungri on her way to her cubicle because she wasn’t looking where she was walking. Kyungri’s papers are all scattered on the floor.

“OMO! I’m sorry, Kyungri-ah!” Ellin loudly apologized and helped Kyungri getting the papers.

The others rushed to them once they hear Ellin’s loud voice, but Ken was the first one to go to them and helped them.

Kyungri looked at him, looking so sad. “Thanks.” she whispered with a tiny smile.

Ken sighed and handed her the rest of the papers that was on his hands. “Are you okay?” he asked; Kyungri responded with a small nod.

Ellin watched the two couple who just broken up because of the rule. She felt sad for the two; they seem to be really in love with each other. The way they look at each other; now the two are trying to avoid each other. She cleared . “Kyungri-ah, I’m really sorry, I wasn’t looking.” Ellin interrupted their eye contact as she handed the rest of the papers in her hands.

Kyungri was the first one to look away. She chuckled and playfully slapped Ellin’s shoulder. “It’s okay. Why you’re so dozed off again huh?” she laughed. “I’ll arrange these first. Watch on where you are walking, arasso?” Ellin nodded. Kyungri took a glance at Ken who’s beside her and walked off with a faint smile.

Ken sighed. “Yaah~ Lee Jaewhan, himnae!” she pats his shoulders before making her way to her cubicle.

At the same time inside N’s office. Hongbin still stood in his position and just awkwardly looked at N who is trying to cool himself.

“Yah! You’re just going to stare at me like that?” N snapped.

Hongbin finally came back to his sense and walked towards N; sitting beside him on the couch. “What was that? Did I disturb you two?” he playfully punched N’s shoulder.

N glared at him. “She just slipped. That’s it. You know how clumsy that girl is.” he explained himself.

“But I just noticed this recently, Ellin is such a gorgeous girl isn’t she?” he decided to a bit.

N scoffed. “That girl?”

Hongbin nodded. “Yeah…. she’s so charming, and she doesn’t care about being herself. That’s her charm.”

N faced him. “Will you keep talking about her? If yes, go out already since I still have to work. If no, tell me your purpose.”

“Ahhh jinjja Cha Hakyeon. You need to loosen up a bit. Have fun.” he shook his head at his workaholic best friend. “Here’s the……” they then started talking about work, again.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Hey let’s go.” Kyungri linked her arms with Ellin’s.

Ellin looked around. “They already went up?”

Kyungri nodded. “The boys will not be with us again though.”

She furrowed her eyebrows. “Why?”

Kyungri shrugged her shoulders. “They said they’ll be helping Boss with some papers that needed corrections.”

She nodded her head. “Okay then. Let’s go.” they both went up. “Hey we’re here.” she announced.

Zinni eyed her cousin. “No need to announce. We know.” she rolled her eyes.

She sat beside her. “Why you’re so grumpy these days?”

Zinni just sighed. “Hongbin started to distance himself from her.” Dahee instead answer her question.

She looked at her cousin. “Is it true?” she asked, receiving a nod from her. She noticed the atmosphere is starting to get serious. She awkwardly laughed. “Let’s eat already. I’m hungry. Oh~ meat.” she started eating. The rest also started eating. They were eating without talking, it was odd for her.

“Ahhhhhh!!! Maybe he doesn’t really like me.” Zinni suddenly spoke up, ruffling her hair.

She sadly looked at her cousin. “He does. I can see it.”

“Let’s not just put our hopes up that high.” Kyungri stated.

Zinni faced Ellin. “Minyoung-ah~ you still didn’t make him fall in love with you?”

Ellin was taken aback. She then remembered the incident a while ago in the couch. “Y-yah~ it’s not that easy you know. He’s cold as ice.”

Dahee nodded, understanding her situation. “We should give Ellin more time, Zinni-ah. It seems like Boss is really cold as ice.”

Zinni looked down. Ellin held her hand. “Don’t worry okay?” she looked at each of them. “You guys don’t need to worry. I’ll make him fall in love with me.” she said, full of determination.

“You know what?” Kyungri spoke up; they all focus on Kyungri now. “I really missed Ken.” she fake a smile.

Ellin’s heart broke more into pieces; first it was her cousin, now it’s one of her close friends. “We can see it, Kyung.”

“I’m glad I don’t have a love life.” Dahee tried to joke around and laughed to get rid of this odd atmosphere.

 Ellin laughed with her. “Ehhh? You sure about that Dahee? It looks like, Haneul really likes you but he just keeps stopping himself to get closer to you.”

Dahee slightly blushed. “What nonsense are you talking about, Ellin.”

“How did he even come up with that rule?” Kyungri spoke up again. “Does this rule have to do something on his past or what?” she stated, making Ellin lose her words.

Ellin is now in her deep thoughts. She’s right. What is Boss’ reason on coming up with that rule. “Ellin-ah~” Zinni called her, making her snap out of her thoughts. “Yeah?”

“You’re dozed off again.” Dahee pointed out.

She awkwardly laughed. “When did I? Hahaha”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Boss.. oh, I’m sorry.” Zinni was about to walk inside of N’s side to give to him her finished works, but he have a visitor. She bowed. “I’m sorry, Mr. Lee. You may continue.” Eunhyuk smiled and nodded his head. She then walked back to her cubicle. “Oh wait, where you are going?” she stopped Ellin, who’s making her way to N’s office.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter